WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Proslat Garage Organization

Oh, man. Do you remember the Proslat Garage Organization? That horn section was killer, and the guy who played bass? Man! They were so tight, every note was in place, an neatly filed like tools in a clean garage. '73-'75, I think. I saw 'em twice in Miami.

megproslat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megproslat

Howdy Woot! Meg from Proslat here to answer any questions you may have. Except for during the OSU game tomorrow. Don't interrupt my football. O-H!

medscript

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medscript
megproslat wrote:Howdy Woot! Meg from Proslat here to answer any questions you may have. Except for during the OSU game tomorrow. Don't interrupt my football. O-H!

What makes the proslat product different from other products such as gladiator or Versatrack?

megproslat

medscript wrote:What makes the proslat product different from other products such as gladiator or Versatrack?

The most significant benefit of Proslat vs. other brands is in the value proposition - that you can actually afford to cover an entire wall in our product. It can be used as an interior finish-no need to drywall (unless firecodes require - some states do). All screws and trims come in the box, so no need to purchase a bunch of other stuff. Add to that the increased functionality of having an entire wall covered in storage that you can move at whim and BOOM!! ADVANTAGE NUMBERS 1-4 (of many). inbox me if you want the full list.

medscript

megproslat wrote:The most significant benefit of Proslat vs. other brands is in the value proposition - that you can actually afford to cover an entire wall in our product. It can be used as an interior finish-no need to drywall (unless firecodes require - some states do). All screws and trims come in the box, so no need to purchase a bunch of other stuff. Add to that the increased functionality of having an entire wall covered in storage that you can move at whim and BOOM!! ADVANTAGE NUMBERS 1-4 (of many). inbox me if you want the full list.

It's an interesting proposition to use these in place of drywall. 1/2 inch gypsum has an R-value of 0.45 by itself. What R-value would your product provide if used without drywall?

Also... http://www.coloradoenergy.org/procorner/stuff/r-values.htm just in case people questioned my information.

zamzooma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zamzooma
megproslat wrote:Howdy Woot! Meg from Proslat here to answer any questions you may have. Except for during the OSU game tomorrow. Don't interrupt my football. O-H!

I have a slat wall that was installed with my garage cabinets. It looks pretty standard. Not being knowedgeable in all things slat, are the accessories (hooks, bins, etc...) pretty standard and likely to fit most slat walls? If not, can you provide me with some dimensions so that I can determine if these will fit?

parkerk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerk
zamzooma wrote:I have a slat wall that was installed with my garage cabinets. It looks pretty standard. Not being knowedgeable in all things slat, are the accessories (hooks, bins, etc...) pretty standard and likely to fit most slat walls? If not, can you provide me with some dimensions so that I can determine if these will fit?

This.

flam5skins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flam5skins
zamzooma wrote:I have a slat wall that was installed with my garage cabinets. It looks pretty standard. Not being knowedgeable in all things slat, are the accessories (hooks, bins, etc...) pretty standard and likely to fit most slat walls? If not, can you provide me with some dimensions so that I can determine if these will fit?

I'll jump aboard and say I'd like to have this answered as well.

For instance, say I have Flow Wall or GlideRite slatwall or accessories already. Are these compatible to mix and match with what I already have?

shahnm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages shahnm

I too surrender creativity in favor of 1+ing this question.

layarada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages layarada

Do the accessories fit walls by Garagetek?

Thanks

bcudone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

Will the accessories fit a gladiator wall?

megproslat

layarada wrote:Do the accessories fit walls by Garagetek?

Thanks

Hi all- Our walls are 4 3/4" on center. as long as your hooks don't have a return on the bottom, we're good. If you're curious, email me an image @ meg@proslat.com. We have engineered our walls to work with standard peg & slat hooks, but not all with our walls. Happy to review and get back to you.
Thanks & O - H!

scotchnsodie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotchnsodie
megproslat wrote:
Thanks & O - H!

I - O!

:P

sjstone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjstone

Can the panels be cut to fit a size smaller than 8x4?

medscript

medscript wrote:It's an interesting proposition to use these in place of drywall. 1/2 inch gypsum has an R-value of 0.45 by itself. What R-value would your product provide if used without drywall?

Also... http://www.coloradoenergy.org/procorner/stuff/r-values.htm just in case people questioned my information.

I really would like an answer to this as I am currently in the middle of budgeting for insulating my garage. Not having to purchase gypsum board would help cut some time and some costs though I would need to consider an alternative for a vapor barrier.

nwms8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwms8

How many of the small bins would fit on a 8 x 4 wall? And where can I get a whole bunch of small bins, probably almost enough to fill that wall with them. I can't seem to find them for sale by themselves.

alpetrillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpetrillo

[ote postid="5577432" user="medscript"]I really would like an answer to this as I am currently in the middle of budgeting for insulating my garage. Not having to purchase gypsum board would help cut some time and some costs though I would need to consider an alternative for a vapor barrier.[/quote]

Really? Live with r11 minus .45...funny stuff!

scotchnsodie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotchnsodie
alpetrillo wrote:[ote postid="5577432" user="medscript"]I really would like an answer to this as I am currently in the middle of budgeting for insulating my garage. Not having to purchase gypsum board would help cut some time and some costs though I would need to consider an alternative for a vapor barrier.

Really? Live with r11 minus .45...funny stuff![/quote]

Ha! Talk about worrying about nothing. Vapor barrier is more important anyway, especially when your wall is R-13, or R-15 (since most garage walls are of 2x4 construction) at best.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

If you're interested in a lot of slatwall, look for a local store that sells retail store supplies. The going rate is $60-$70 per sheet. This has the further advantage of being compatible with all retail spacing slatwall accessories. Watch your local craigslist for huge deals on hooks, baskets, etc. from store closings. Even new on ebay they're a lot less than what is sold for the garage market. A standard 8" slatwall hook is rates for 35-40 pounds.

megproslat

sjstone wrote:Can the panels be cut to fit a size smaller than 8x4?

Yep. Simples. Treat Proslat panels just like you would treat wood. Circ saw/jig saw.

senorsquash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senorsquash

We have a wall-panelled garage, but I don't know what brand of panels since they were installed by a contractor years ago. They sort of look the same as yours. Will the items hook on the same, do you think?

Also, I note that the hooks etc. I have now "snap in" to two grooves, which gives them stability. But it looks like yours mainly hook onto a groove and don't affix to the one below? So they are not rigidly attached?

btw, I am Noah's dad.

Ken

noahsbagels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages noahsbagels
senorsquash wrote:

btw, I am Noah's dad.

Ken

HI DAD!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

noahsbagels wrote:HI DAD!!

Your dad just joined today??!??!?!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

papiwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papiwoot

Question here.....If I got an extra panel would I be able to add it to the bottom of another one? What I mean is, can it be lets say 6 x 8 as opposed to just 4 x 8 or 8 x 8? Will the slats connect to each other side to side continously?

megproslat

senorsquash wrote:We have a wall-panelled garage, but I don't know what brand of panels since they were installed by a contractor years ago. They sort of look the same as yours. Will the items hook on the same, do you think?

Also, I note that the hooks etc. I have now "snap in" to two grooves, which gives them stability. But it looks like yours mainly hook onto a groove and don't affix to the one below? So they are not rigidly attached?

btw, I am Noah's dad.

Ken

All rigidly attach-each screwed into studs if installed properly. I could attempt to explain it, but even better - have a look at the installation instructions on our website.
http://www.proslat.com/installation-instructions/8ft-wall-instructions/

megproslat

papiwoot wrote:Question here.....If I got an extra panel would I be able to add it to the bottom of another one? What I mean is, can it be lets say 6 x 8 as opposed to just 4 x 8 or 8 x 8? Will the slats connect to each other side to side continously?

You could install panels in whatever size/shape configuration you like. Track/section or entire wall. No need to just use whatever size is in the box.

Have a look at instructions/website and inbox me if you still have questions.
http://www.proslat.com/installation-instructions/8ft-wall-instructions/

gadfly666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gadfly666

Ordered 2 of those kits and got them last week. One kit is missing top piece, and other missing bag of screws. But a short email to Proslat and they promised to send the missing parts. The pieces are very easy to put together. Make sure you snap those panels together. I made the mistake of not doing that for the first 4 to 5 lines, before I realized it. But I was too lazy to go back and fix it. So when I got to the top, they ran out of 4' border by about 3". Going back to examine the panels, I can see snapping the pieces together will give it additional support for strength. I am sure this will be easy for some one who is handy. If a computer guy like me can put it up, any one can!