WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Speakers

If your home entertainment system was a human body, your speakers would be the mouth. You wouldn't settle for a second-rate mouth on your own body, so why settle for second-rate speakers? (We don't know what the other body parts would be. We haven't thought this through.)
Pinnacle Speakers official site

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

Did Arin @ Pinnacle Speakers sleep in today?

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln

Grrr....sort of hard to buy some of these, i.e. speakerbars, when you haven't been offering the matching surrounds (S-FIT LCR 250) of late.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
SerialBeggar wrote:Did Arin @ Pinnacle Speakers sleep in today?

No kidding! Arin's going to need to bring in reinforcements today, after practically doing an all-nighter for yesterday's sale on Sellout!
Given that I caved at the last minute and pulled the trigger on that 6200 Soundbar, I'm relieved to see that the prices of those three items from yesterday are still the same. You know, even as I was pressing the button late last night, I was telling myself, "you can wait, these will be up again eventually". I just didn't know how soon!

Swunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swunder

I've been tempted to buy the QP9 speakerbar from this site for months... even when its normally 180.

$130 is the lowest I've ever seen it! Just trying to justify the purchase when I managed to find 3 small enough speakers in the meantime

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
SerialBeggar wrote:Did Arin @ Pinnacle Speakers sleep in today?

Hi, Actually yes. But, I am here to assist with any and all questions for WOOT.

Thanks for being my alarm clock

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Actually yes. But, I am here to assist with any and all questions for WOOT.

Thanks for being my alarm clock

Morning!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pinnaclespeakers

mrln wrote:Grrr....sort of hard to buy some of these, i.e. speakerbars, when you haven't been offering the matching surrounds (S-FIT LCR 250) of late.

The SONBARS FRONTROW6200 and SYS8210 have a built in processor for rear surrond effects mode.

But, if you have a Home Theater system might I suggest you snag the QP9W at this absurd ly low price and the surrounds can be picked up in a later event.

We are making more of those.

pinnaclespeakers

Swunder wrote:I've been tempted to buy the QP9 speakerbar from this site for months... even when its normally 180.

$130 is the lowest I've ever seen it! Just trying to justify the purchase when I managed to find 3 small enough speakers in the meantime

In our view, this nearly $900 product at $129.99 will be such an amazing upgrade to anything you may have that it should hopefully be a no brainer. Also, the benefit of space saving all in 1 format is a big plus.

Finally, you can probably use 2 of the 3 other speakers as side or rear channel in a 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Our own employee accommodation price is much higher.

pinnaclespeakers

InFrom wrote:No kidding! Arin's going to need to bring in reinforcements today, after practically doing an all-nighter for yesterday's sale on Sellout!
Given that I caved at the last minute and pulled the trigger on that 6200 Soundbar, I'm relieved to see that the prices of those three items from yesterday are still the same. You know, even as I was pressing the button late last night, I was telling myself, "you can wait, these will be up again eventually". I just didn't know how soon!

Hi and thank you for the kind comments. I am leaning on a few more people today but rest assured the WOOT community will get all you questions answered and comments appreciated.

I can tell you that the pricing you see on the FRONTROWPBAR6200/FRONTROWSYS8210 and QP9W cannot ever be any lower, I know what these products cost.

In fact, if there is any needs for 5.1 or 7.1 Home theater products, consider that QP9W and PSSUB225 too.

Much THanks

pinnaclespeakers

Good Morning WOOT! This is Arin with Pinnacle Speakers, TEAM LEADER for consumer division of Pinnacle Speakers. I guess by now many of you know that during a Pinnacle event I am here to assist with answers to any questions you may have regarding our products. A bit about Pinnacle:

We are a family owned and operated USA based dedicated high end Speaker company. Only 1 privately owned USA based speaker company has been in business longer and that is BOSE. Established in 1976, 3 brothers own and operate Pinnacle.

I have been here for 8 years and can tell you there is no effort spared to make absolutely the best conceivable products at any price point. Including our soon to be launched $8,000 flagship product. We have won many industry awards such as Product of the Year, have many spectacular reviews from extremely crtical and knowledable industry press, and the engineers at Pinnacle are musicians, audiofiles and US patent owners. We take music seriously.

These are exclusive WOOT opportunities at the lowest conceivable price. The MSRP are real. Search around, compare these to other reputable speaker brands, we are most confident. And finally, as a company representative based in the USA, I am here after the sale if you write to us at the company web site customer support address.

Thanks, ask your questions or comments, we are here to help.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Come on, nobody sells these things at the alleged "retail" price. There is a considerable discount here to Amazon, but those "retail" prices are fantasies. There are choices with superior build quality and sound reproduction at only $100-200 premium.

josephjhubbard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josephjhubbard

Hi Arin, can you elaborate a bit on the QP9 vs the Pbar6200 for a tv soundbar setup? Do you need a receiver for the QP9 or does it have similar easy setup capabilities to the Pbar6200?

pinnaclespeakers wrote:In our view, this nearly $900 product at $129.99 will be such an amazing upgrade to anything you may have that it should hopefully be a no brainer. Also, the benefit of space saving all in 1 format is a big plus.

Finally, you can probably use 2 of the 3 other speakers as side or rear channel in a 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Our own employee accommodation price is much higher.

pinnaclespeakers

josephjhubbard wrote:Hi Arin, can you elaborate a bit on the QP9 vs the Pbar6200 for a tv soundbar setup? Do you need a receiver for the QP9 or does it have similar easy setup capabilities to the Pbar6200?

Hi, sure. QP9W comes in 2 versions, Powered as a SOUNDBAR and passive as the SPEAKERBAR.

SOUNDBARS have their own power supply and hook up directly to the TV.

So, in this event models FRONTROWPBAR6200 and QP9W PWRBAR are SOUNDBARS. QP9W version being our best in class top of the line SOUNDBAR.

QP9W standard version is a SPEAKERBAR needing an audio receiver to hook-up. It is designed for 3 front channels in a home theater system.

So, QP9W hooks to receiver
QP9W PWRBR hooks to TV, TOP OF OUR LINE
FRONTROWPBAR6200 hooks to TV

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, sure. QP9W comes in 2 versions, Powered as a SOUNDBAR and passive as the SPEAKERBAR.

So, in this event models FRONTROWPBAR6200 and QP9W PWRBAR are SOUNDBARS. QP9W version being our best in class top of the line SOUNDBAR.

QP9W standard version is a SPEAKERBAR needing an audio receiver to hook-up. It is designed for 3 front channels in a home theater system.

QP9W PWRBR version has same set up as FRONTROWPBAR6200 EXCEPT it has a learning remote so it is compatible with all remotes AND a SUB out so you can hook it up with a powered subwoofer.

QP9W POWERBAR version is for large sets and larger rooms and is our top of the line SOUNDBAR.

pinnaclespeakers

mrln wrote:Grrr....sort of hard to buy some of these, i.e. speakerbars, when you haven't been offering the matching surrounds (S-FIT LCR 250) of late.

I am confident (from my sources) SFITLCR250 will be available again for you next event. I suggest you take the QP9W while it is in stock at this price and get surround SFITLCR250 next time.

wesleywozniak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wesleywozniak

My setup doesn't really allow for rear speakers. Thoughts about how the QP9 vs. QP9W would perform without rears?

lnray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lnray

I have a quality receiver. Would there be any reason to purchase the QP9W PWRBR or is the QP9W a better choice?

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, sure. QP9W comes in 2 versions, Powered as a SOUNDBAR and passive as the SPEAKERBAR.

Swunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Swunder
lnray wrote:I have a quality receiver. Would there be any reason to purchase the QP9W PWRBR or is the QP9W a better choice?

No just get the QP9W, you want your receiver to control everything, not the circuitry in the pwrbr. The powered one does not have a center channel either, it is strictly a replacement for a basic 2.0 television speaker setup.

The concept is a little confusing and their model names certainly do not help people in this case. The QP9W is a replacement for the front 3 speakers of a 3.1, 5.1 or 7.1 setup and thus lets the receiver control everything.

mhegge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhegge

I'm torn. My apartment living room is about 18' x 15'.

I am looking at either the MB11500+ or maybe piecing together the TWR 1050 for fronts, CTR 350, Sub 225W and figuring out something for backs.

Few questions;
How do the MB11500's sound with music?
Is the 2nd option overkill?
Are there going to be any other sales with SAT 150s or 250s?
Could I use 250s as rear with this setup?

My current Amplifier is weak and am waiting till the Onkyo 560 is back on woot figuring that would be a good match. Thoughts anyone?

glaicius

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glaicius

I can only attest to the Front Row system 8210, which I have owned since Jan of this year.

It's an awesome little system. The only small problem I have found is that the volume gets "stuck" between sources. I have to switch sources in order to lower the volume. A very minor incovenience to deal with. I must say I have not tried to contact Pinnacle's Cust. Serv. to try to fix the problem.

I still believe this is a very good system that puts the sound bar sytems from Vizio, Boston Acoustics, to shame.

Do I think it's worth the MSRP listed? No. But for $199 ( $70 less than what I purchased it for) is a bargain.

pinnaclespeakers

mhegge wrote:I'm torn. My apartment living room is about 18' x 15'.

I am looking at either the MB11500+ or maybe piecing together the TWR 1050 for fronts, CTR 350, Sub 225W and figuring out something for backs.

Few questions;
How do the MB11500's sound with music?
Is the 2nd option overkill?
Are there going to be any other sales with SAT 150s or 250s?
Could I use 250s as rear with this setup?

My current Amplifier is weak and am waiting till the Onkyo 560 is back on woot figuring that would be a good match. Thoughts anyone?

Ok, good question. Acoustically speaking the full size and full range tower will be significantly better in performance than the smaller 3 element front channel speakers in the MB 11500+. Having said that, MB11500+ speakers are all in beautiful piano laquer finish, which has a cost. Strictly acoustically speaking, SFITTWR and SFITCT350 for front channels and center are an upgrade to the MB 11500.

InFrom

Hi Arin. I'm trying to find the weight of the 6200 soundbar. I didn't see it in the specs here on Woot. Can you point me to that info? Thanks in advance.

pinnaclespeakers

InFrom wrote:Hi Arin. I'm trying to find the weight of the 6200 soundbar. I didn't see it in the specs here on Woot. Can you point me to that info? Thanks in advance.

Hi, the 6200 weighs in at 9.25 lbs. It comes with built-in brackets to support it for wall mounting.

InFrom

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, the 6200 weighs in at 9.25 lbs. It comes with built-in brackets to support it for wall mounting.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Based on the placement of my TV, which is toward the front edge of the cabinet the TV sits on, the wall mount isn't ideal. I don't think we'd be able to see the LED display from where we sit, unless we mounted it pretty high above the TV. OTOH, there really isn't much room to set the soundbar on the cabinet itself, under the TV. Plus, my TV's stand includes a swivel function which I use frequently, and I don't think the bottom of the TV when I swivel it would clear the top of the soundbar.

If I could, I'd love to mount this atop the TV somehow. I see that there are specialized brackets sold for this purpose, as well as several DIY hacks people have tried. Not sure if the stand for the TV will take the extra weight though.

meka5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meka5

What is the "Pinnacle Speakers QP9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar"

Does this require a receiver? Is it intended to be used as/for a TV Soundbar? Does it have an aux input? Is it intended to be used in a larger system with more speakers (ie: rear speakers) ?

I'm just rather confused as to speakerbar/soundbar comparison

pinnaclespeakers

meka5 wrote:What is the "Pinnacle Speakers Heisman Trophy 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar"

Does this require a receiver? Is it intended to be used as/for a TV Soundbar? Does it have an aux input? Is it intended to be used in a larger system with more speakers (ie: rear speakers) ?

The QP9W connects to an audio receiver and gives you center channel, front right AND left channels; 3 separate and distinct channels contained within one sleek cabinet. As TVs have become thinner and thinner their picture is more spectacular, but they are "Acoustically Challenged". The QP9 W SPEAKER BAR is the solution.......we would also recommend a subwoofer to capture all the bass. In this case, we suggest PS SUB 225. The subwoofer is incredibly simple to hook-up. Just run the cable WE INCLUDE direct to the receiver, plug in the subwoofer and your done.

pinnaclespeakers

wesleywozniak wrote:My setup doesn't really allow for rear speakers. Thoughts about how the QP9 vs. QP9W would perform without rears?

Hi, I think you should get the QP9w if you have an audio receiver and that way you get center channel mode. If no receiver then get the qp9pwrbr version to plug direct to the TV

pinnaclespeakers

wesleywozniak wrote:My setup doesn't really allow for rear speakers. Thoughts about how the QP9 vs. QP9W would perform without rears?

Hi, I think you should get the QP9w if you have an audio receiver and that way you get center channel mode. If no receiver then get the qp9pwrbr version to plug direct to the TV

pinnaclespeakers

narquespamley wrote:Come on, nobody sells these things at the alleged "retail" price. There is a considerable discount here to Amazon, but those "retail" prices are fantasies. There are choices with superior build quality and sound reproduction at only $100-200 premium.

ybhatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ybhatt

So, I want the most cost-effective approach to a 5.1 system. I like the [b] QP9W SPEAKERBAR [b]. I already own a nice receiver. So, this would replace the front 3 channels. How is the 225W sub? With those two combined, what would you recommend for rear speakers? I see the TWR1050 floor speakers? Would those work as 2 surrounds? Or are they supposed to be the front L and R channel speakers?

tonyp063

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063
ybhatt wrote:So, I want the most cost-effective approach to a 5.1 system. I like the [b] QP9W SPEAKERBAR [b]. I already own a nice receiver. So, this would replace the front 3 channels. How is the 225W sub? With those two combined, what would you recommend for rear speakers? I see the TWR1050 floor speakers? Would those work as 2 surrounds? Or are they supposed to be the front L and R channel speakers?

actually, 2 S-FIT CTR 350 would be nice rears.

Or 3 of them (ctr, rr & lr) and 2 TWR1050 for fr & fl.

Would you like me to help you spend more money? :-)

ybhatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ybhatt
tonyp063 wrote:actually, 2 S-FIT CTR 350 would be nice rears.

HAHA thanks! Another question... how much difference between two TWR1050s in the front with a center channel vs getting the QP9 bar

pinnaclespeakers

narquespamley wrote:Come on, nobody sells these things at the alleged "retail" price. There is a considerable discount here to Amazon, but those "retail" prices are fantasies. There are choices with superior build quality and sound reproduction at only $100-200 premium.

Actually,high quality audio has very divergent costs and if we were lucky enough to be car manufacturers our pricing would be double from 10 years ago. Instead, high quality audio is lower in consumer cost than 10 years ago. Anyway, we select retail pricing based on competitive PERFORMANCE and many many customers purchase our items at those costs.

pinnaclespeakers

ybhatt wrote:HAHA thanks! Another question... how much difference between two TWR1050s in the front with a center channel vs getting the QP9 bar

Hi, the best Music combination is SFITtwr1050 in the front and Sfitctr350 in the center. QP9W for all 3 front channel applications is an excellent all in 1 cabinet solution and a space saver. If you will be listening to music primarily than SFITTWT 1050 front and SFITCTR350 center is the best choice in performance.

pinnaclespeakers

tonyp063 wrote:actually, 2 S-FIT CTR 350 would be nice rears.

PSSUB 225 is excellent in a larger room cause of the 12" woofer. Baby Boomer is the best sub to match for Music listening or and with QP9W.

SFITTWR1050 are the best music performance Speakers and probably overkill as rears unless the room is very large. As the other WOOTER said, 3 SFITCTR 350 or even 5 of them with a baby boomer is an excellent 5.1 system option if space is an issue.

pinnaclespeakers

meka5 wrote:What is the "Pinnacle Speakers QP9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar"

SPEAKERBARS hook direct to an audio receiver with Speaker wire and are for Home theater system.

SOUNDBARS are self powered speakers hooking up direct to the TV for significant acoustic upgrade the the virtually non existant sound from today's super flat TV's.

SOUNDBARS are simple plug-N-play solutions. We offer 3 SOUNDBAR options here:

FRONTROWPBAR6200
QP9W PWRBR.Top of the line Soundbar
FRONTROWSYS8210 (SOUNDBAR+WIRELESS SUBWOOFER System

If you have an audio receiver and want Home Theater, the right product is Qp9w

pinnaclespeakers

josephjhubbard wrote:Hi Arin, can you elaborate a bit on the QP9 vs the Pbar6200 for a tv soundbar setup? Do you need a receiver for the QP9 or does it have similar easy setup capabilities to the Pbar6200?

QP9W is a passive Speakerbar and connect to the audio receiver for Home theater left right and center channels all in 1 cabinet

FRONTROWPBAR6200 is connects direct to the TV with a cable that we supply and is designed to provide great TV sound for flat panel TV's. The new thin flat panels have virtually no acoustics. So,it depends on whether you want simple hook-up and a TV acoustic Upgrade, FRONTROWPBAR6200 or an audio solution with a audio receiver, QP9W

Also, QP9WPWRBR is a high end SOUNDBAR version of the standard QP9W.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Please sell the non-floor model surrounds again. Thank You :-)

that was fun while it lasted!

pinnaclespeakers

bpr2 wrote:Please sell the non-floor model surrounds again. Thank You :-)

Hi. I think you mean SFITLCR250 pairs which we have our elves building. Please expect them in an upcoming event possibly this month.

Thanks