pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
MrshGold wrote:I just received an automated reply that my email bounced. I did a copy & paste of the email you provided. Here is the automated reply I received:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com:
Remote host said: 550 cuda_nsu 5.1.1 customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table [RCPT_TO]

Is there another email address I can use?

Sorry, my error. Please write to me @ info@pinnaclespeakers.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3492 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments on one of the soundbar sales from a few days ago and some comments from a sale in March

todavidjensen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages todavidjensen

I bought the PBAR 6200 several months ago. It was the worst sounding thing I have ever purchased. I got it to replace the TV speakers and it actually sounded worse. No word from Pinnacle when I tried to talk to them. AVOID!

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
todavidjensen wrote:I bought the PBAR 6200 several months ago. It was the worst sounding thing I have ever purchased. I got it to replace the TV speakers and it actually sounded worse. No word from Pinnacle when I tried to talk to them. AVOID!

Your problem was one of unreasonable expectations, understandable based on how they advertise this item. If you actually look at the specs, it uses speakers the size of a large coin and the frequency response doesn't even cover the lower range of vocals. The 175 watt spec is a fantasy. The RMS power across the full frequency range is probably 5 or 10 watts max. Think of this as an iPod dock for your TV. And it's priced appropriately for that. If they didn't make it sound like real audio equipment (which it clearly is not), you would have known what you were buying.

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327
qt11 wrote:I'm looking at a pair of the S-FIT TWR 1050's for listening to music only...

I have an old Sony amp (TA-F246E)... will this drive the 1050s ?

Or will i need some fancy receiver ?

Thanks,

They will most likely sound great with your reciever. I bought a pair of these exact speakers in a previous woot, and when I first got them, I couldn't wait to try them so I hooked them to a little Lepai Tripath TA2020 amp to test them out...to my surprise, they sounded great, even with such a simple setup and only the 20 watts per channel that the Lepai put out! Of course, you want something much more substantial to really make these speakers sing, but my point is that they're very efficient and should sound great with your reciever, even if it's not the latest, greatest tech. I use these speakers for music listening and love them.

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327
drumminfool wrote:hi Arin, I'm currently setup with a 7.1 system with pre's on drop mounts from the ceiling. i am interested in replacing my 20+ year old JBL floor standing front speakers with your S-FIT TWR 1050 5-Element Floor Speaker. my question is how is the sound quality over distance. i have an open layout home with a continuous kitchen/dining nook/ sitting room that estimates aprox 750 sq feet. (15'x 50') my family likes to listen to music or watch TV when they make food and i want to make sure the sound quality will be worth it at that kind of distance.

I'm using a pair of these as my left and right front channels in my living room, which has an open floor plan connecting to the dining room and kitchen like yours. The living room is a "great room" setup with a two-story ceiling. I watch some TV and movies with these, but am primarily a music lover and listen to a lot of music with them. They are more than adequate with this floorplan/layout and the amount of space. Just like you, I listen to music through them while cooking and hanging out with family and they are wonderful for this purpose. If I really crank them, they fill the whole downstairs with wonderful sound, but they also sound great when turned to a more reasonable volume for background music while we're talking and hanging out.

lordhelix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordhelix

Arin-

I'm looking at the $199 FRONT ROW SYS 8210 Pbar and Subwoofer combo.

I'm intending to use this as a sound system for my PC, which plays games, movies, and Voice over IP chat and sometimes as a sound system for my TV, which is used mostly for movies, TV, and console gaming.

Can you give your opinion on the appropriateness of this system for these intended uses?

Edit: I don't have the space or size of room to warrant a surround sound system~

pinnaclespeakers

nickjoslin wrote:So can I use one of the soundbars for the speakers for my laptop?
Thanks Arin.

Hi Nick,

Yes, you can listen to your laptop through any of our soundbars. If you use one of our powered soundbars or systems (QP9 PWRBAR, FRONTROWPBAR6200, FRONTROWSYS8210), you would simply connect from your laptop’s headphone jack to the soundbar’s RCA input. If you go with a PASSIVE speaker bar (QP9W) plus audio receiver set-up, the connection would be between your laptop and the receiver.

Hope this helps.

Arin

pinnaclespeakers

lordhelix wrote:Arin-

I'm looking at the $199 FRONT ROW SYS 8210 Pbar and Subwoofer combo.

I'm intending to use this as a sound system for my PC, which plays games, movies, and Voice over IP chat and sometimes as a sound system for my TV, which is used mostly for movies, TV, and console gaming.

Can you give your opinion on the appropriateness of this system for these intended uses?

Edit: I don't have the space or size of room to warrant a surround sound system~

Hi, please see response above to another Wooter with a similar question. The answer is yes and actually, that's a good idea. With games it is important, we think critical, to have the Subwoofer included which is FRONTROWSYS8210

ENJOY!

jcfinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcfinger
mhegge wrote:I'm torn. My apartment living room is about 18' x 15'.

I am looking at either the MB11500+ or maybe piecing together the TWR 1050 for fronts, CTR 350, Sub 225W and figuring out something for backs.

Few questions;
How do the MB11500's sound with music?
Is the 2nd option overkill?
Are there going to be any other sales with SAT 150s or 250s?
Could I use 250s as rear with this setup?

My current Amplifier is weak and am waiting till the Onkyo 560 is back on woot figuring that would be a good match. Thoughts anyone?

I bought the MB11500+ setup a few months ago. This system is awesome, and I don't think you could do any better for $400. It performs extremely well for TV and movies. On music, it was about what I imagined a sub/sat system would sound like. My room is about the same dimensions, and it opens up to the kitchen. For general music listening, standing anywhere around the room, the kitchen, or even the dining room a room away sounds fantastic. The traditional sweet spot music listening isn't quite as exciting, though this could probably be corrected with proper placement. Due to the limitations of my room, the sub is placed in the far left corner and my TV and the front speakers are on the opposite corner of the same wall. I would imagine if you could get the sub placed somewhere between the two front speakers, music would probably sound much fuller.

On another note, these are big satellite speakers. Finding a speaker stand is tricky. These are probably best placed on a solid surface, like a shelf or mantel. I did manage to mount them to some stands designed for speakers up to 10 lbs, but I cannot extend them up, otherwise they will lean.

Overall, I am very impressed with these speakers. Their appearance is impressive (though they can/will chip - note I have a 3 and a 6 year old!). The drivers are nice. I replaced my old Infinity tower speakers with these and I was able to tone down my EQ to more of a flat response, as these are much brighter than my old speakers (and I thought those were pretty good speakers).

I highly recommend! Though if you could manage to pick these up along with a pair of towers, you'd have the best of both worlds!

EventineX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EventineX

Looking towards a 5.1 system. What the benefits/cost of getting the 1000W Home Theater System MB11500+ vs. building this up piece by piece and waiting for the surrounds to go on sale?

Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

EventineX wrote:Looking towards a 5.1 system. What the benefits/cost of getting the 1000W Home Theater System MB11500+ vs. building this up piece by piece and waiting for the surrounds to go on sale?

Thanks!

The MB 11500+ system is designed for maximum performance in small footprint cabinet. Also, including a larger 12" vented powered subwoofer gives this system flexibility to work well in large or small rooms. We even include high quality 14 gauge Monster Cable for set-up.

If Music is your passion, than the physically larger SFITTWR1050 and BABY BOOMER or SUPERSONIC Subwoofers will provide the absolute most dynamic performers for Music as well as home theater. If space and budget are primary issues, the MB11500+ is the better choice. Barring restrictions on speaker size or having a larger budget, the overall better system is this:

2 FITTWR1050.............FRONT
1 BABY BOOMER or SUPERSONIC....SUB
1 PAIR SFITLCR250...REAR, available in an upcoming WOOT promo
1 BD 300 Center, available in an upcoming WOOT promo

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:The MB 11500+ system is designed for maximum performance in small footprint cabinet. Also, including a larger 12" vented powered subwoofer gives this system flexibility to work well in large or small rooms. We even include high quality 14 gauge Monster Cable for set-up.

If Music is your passion, than the physically larger SFITTWR1050 and BABY BOOMER or SUPERSONIC Subwoofers will provide the absolute most dynamic performers for Music as well as home theater. If space and budget are primary issues, the MB11500+ is the better choice. Barring restrictions on speaker size or having a larger budget, the overall better system is this:

2 FITTWR1050.............FRONT
1 BABY BOOMER or SUPERSONIC....SUB
1 PAIR SFITLCR250...REAR, available in an upcoming WOOT promo
1 BD 300 Center, available in an upcoming WOOT promo

Hi, We see you chose the Tower set-up! Please let us all know after you receive and hook up these products how you love them!

ARIN, PINNACLE SPEAKERS, TEAM LAEDER

gwbodie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbodie

Just got my Pinnacle sound bar today, hooked it up and guess what, it does not work. So now what, one big fat paper weight. So much for a new item from Hoot. Its the Digital processor that does not work So much for quality from Pinnacle. This is the last time I buy Pinnacle. Don't waste your money people. Part number SP12SL Pbar 6200.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gwbodie wrote:Just got my Pinnacle sound bar today, hooked it up and guess what, it does not work. So now what, one big fat paper weight. So much for a new item from Hoot. Its the Digital processor that does not work So much for quality from Pinnacle. This is the last time I buy Pinnacle. Don't waste your money people. Part number SP12SL Pbar 6200.

I'm sorry to hear that you received a DOA unit. I recommend that you contact Pinnacle Speakers Support as there might be warranty coverage over your purchase.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have about your order.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
pinnaclespeakers wrote:We are all a bunch of audiophiles here so conservative is our approach. Some older sets may have some pretty decent sound. In every case model QP9W PWRBR will absolutely make any TV awesome!!

FRONTROWPBAR6200 is quite good and will always be better than any recent super thin TV. If it were my money, and significant other, I would opt for the QP9W POWERBAR version to ensure maximum performance.

What I will do for you is this: After receiveng FRONTROWPBAR6200 if for any reason you wish to upgrade, write to me directly at Pinnacle and we would swap let you pay the difference and upgrade. So, we have your back.

let me know how it works out,
Pinnacle@pinnaclespeakers.com is the e-mail.

Thanks,

ARIN

Thanks!

imnakey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imnakey

Hey Arin,

I have a Pioneer VSX-1020 driving a pair of Yamaha N-555's as my fronts. How do the SFit 1050's stack up to these? On paper they're incredibly similar. I'm either looking to upgrade mine and give my dad the 555's as hand me downs, or just get a "cheap" system for my dad ( under $500 for at least a 3.1 ).

Edit: He also has a receiver (hand me down), so I'm staying away from the theater-in-a-box systems so I can build it up later.

Edit again: Primarily gaming and tv/movies.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

did you set it up correctly?

gwbodie wrote:Just got my Pinnacle sound bar today, hooked it up and guess what, it does not work. So now what, one big fat paper weight. So much for a new item from Hoot. Its the Digital processor that does not work So much for quality from Pinnacle. This is the last time I buy Pinnacle. Don't waste your money people. Part number SP12SL Pbar 6200.

that was fun while it lasted!

eranical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eranical

Hi Arin,
Trying to slowly piece together a 5.1 or possibly 7.1 system for a media room primarily for movies. The room is 21*12*8 or approximately 2000 cubic feet. It would be closed. What would you recommend? Not in a hurry so may just pick the towers this time, rears next time, etc. The sub choices are what is confusing. 225 or baby boomer. The 800w dual I am sure would be overkill for the room in question.

I used to love woot & I still love Amazon, however the combo ain't as attractive ...

pinnaclespeakers

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you received a DOA unit. I recommend that you contact Pinnacle Speakers Support as there might be warranty coverage over your purchase.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have about your order.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here noticing your problem. I am sorry to hear your trouble. Here is what I suggest.

First, we sell thousands of this item Every one is shipped out of our factory in New York. I have not ever heard of a non-working unit right out of the box. Having said that:

Please first check the connections are proper and their is electricity in the outlet being used.

Tomorrow during normal hours write to me @ info@pinnaclespeakers.com

If the unit is not working and all connections are proper we will either send you a new one or allow you to upgrade to a BAr with Subwoofer combination. THANKS,

ARIN, TEAM LEADER, Pinnacle Speakers

pinnaclespeakers

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here noticing your problem. I am sorry to hear your trouble. Here is what I suggest.

First, we sell thousands of this item Every one is shipped out of our factory in New York. I have not ever heard of a non-working unit right out of the box. Having said that:

Please first check the connections are proper and their is electricity in the outlet being used.

Tomorrow during normal hours write to me @ info@pinnaclespeakers.com

If the unit is not working and all connections are proper we will either send you a new one or allow you to upgrade to a BAr with Subwoofer combination. THANKS,

ARIN, TEAM LEADER, Pinnacle Speakers

pinnaclespeakers

eranical wrote:Hi Arin,
Trying to slowly piece together a 5.1 or possibly 7.1 system for a media room primarily for movies. The room is 21*12*8 or approximately 2000 cubic feet. It would be closed. What would you recommend? Not in a hurry so may just pick the towers this time, rears next time, etc. The sub choices are what is confusing. 225 or baby boomer. The 800w dual I am sure would be overkill for the room in question.

Hi Arin with Pinnacle here. I think the best combination is this:

2 SFITTWR1050 (1 pair) Front and your primary Music Speakers

1 SUPERSONIC: 2000 Square' is pretty big, so in this case the SUPERSONIC is recommended and not overkill. If you want to spend less, 1 BABY BOOMER placed within 10' of the Towers is 2nd best option, or 2 PSSUB 225 one front and one rear of room

CENTER: Wait till BD 300 appear on an upcoming event

REAR: Pick up 1 Pair SFITLCR250 in upcoming event

Thanks,

ARIN: TEAM LEADER, PINNACLE SPEAKERS

pinnaclespeakers

imnakey wrote:Hey Arin,

I have a Pioneer VSX-1020 driving a pair of Yamaha N-555's as my fronts. How do the SFit 1050's stack up to these? On paper they're incredibly similar. I'm either looking to upgrade mine and give my dad the 555's as hand me downs, or just get a "cheap" system for my dad ( under $500 for at least a 3.1 ).

Edit: He also has a receiver (hand me down), so I'm staying away from the theater-in-a-box systems so I can build it up later.

Edit again: Primarily gaming and tv/movies.

Hi, We think our SFITTWR 1050 would represent an upgrade for you as our products in our lab compare to other "TOWER" designs in the $1,000 range. Typically, specs alone really cannot tell you how good something will sound. The proof is in the listening.

If you just pick up the SFITWR 1050 you are will under your budget and we think you will keep the Pinnacle's and your Dad will enjoy his Yamaha.

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon
todavidjensen wrote:I bought the PBAR 6200 several months ago. It was the worst sounding thing I have ever purchased. I got it to replace the TV speakers and it actually sounded worse. No word from Pinnacle when I tried to talk to them. AVOID!

Agree. This was the first Pinnacle product that disappointed me, and it was a BIG disappointment. I love my old AC650s, my SFITs, and my Baby Boomer, but the 6200 was a downgrade from my 42" plasma's built-in speakers. Not only is the sound weak, the volume modulation is too coarse for any quiet location (the jumps between 0-1-2-3 are way too big.)

I also don't care for the remote.

My 6200 is either going to eBay or charity.

pinnaclespeakers

sixfofalcon wrote:Agree. This was the first Pinnacle product that disappointed me, and it was a BIG disappointment. I love my old AC650s, my SFITs, and my Baby Boomer, but the 6200 was a downgrade from my 42" plasma's built-in speakers. Not only is the sound weak, the volume modulation is too coarse for any quiet location (the jumps between 0-1-2-3 are way too big.)

I also don't care for the remote.

My 6200 is either going to eBay or charity.

Hi, We see you have some of our most serious Audio products, like AC 650 and Baby Boomer. We think using those items as a reference the QP9W PWRBR version is the right SOUNDBAR for an audiophile result.

We are sorry you are not fully satisfied with your purchase.

We offer you this<

If you are willing to upgrade to Qp9W PWRBR and purchase that item, we will accept back and send you a full refund for the cost of PBAR6200.

E-MAIL me at Info@pinnaclespeakers.com if you choose this offer.

Thanks

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi Arin with Pinnacle here. I think the best combination is this:

2 SFITTWR1050 (1 pair) Front and your primary Music Speakers

1 SUPERSONIC: 2000 Square' is pretty big, so in this case the SUPERSONIC is recommended and not overkill. If you want to spend less, 1 BABY BOOMER placed within 10' of the Towers is 2nd best option, or 2 PSSUB 225 one front and one rear of room

CENTER: Wait till BD 300 appear on an upcoming event

REAR: Pick up 1 Pair SFITLCR250 in upcoming event

Thanks,

ARIN: TEAM LEADER, PINNACLE SPEAKERS

Arin, I think you may have misread the question. The poster described the room as 2000 cubic feet, not 2000 square feet. In fact, looks like the room is 252 sq', a pretty normal-sized room. Would that change your recommendation?

duc135

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duc135
craigthom wrote:There's a question on the deal page:

If you mean something like 100Hz to 16KHz +/- 3db, it's the relative volume of the sound across the range. A 3db increase is twice as loud (and -3db is half as loud; it's logarithmic).

Without that the frequency range is meaningless. You could have a speaker that could produce an 80Hz tone with your receiver cranked and your ear right next to it and claim it goes down to 80Hz, but you'll never hear anything that low at normal listening levels.

That's why, unless they tell you the range at the same amp level, it means nothing.

Just a few corrections:

1. The +/-3dB point is where the speakers' frequency response drops by 3dB and continues to rolloff.

2. 3dB difference is not half or twice as loud. 3dB is where most people will begin to hear a change in volume. It requires twice the power to raise the volume by 3dB. So for a 89dB @1W/1M sensitive speaker it requires 1W to drive the speaker to 89dB at 1M distance. To increase that to 92dB requires 2W and 4W to get to 95dB and so on. That is the logarithmic scale.

You also lose 3dB with every doubling of distance from 1M. So if at your speaker is playing a tone at 89dB at 1M then it will be down to 86dB at 2M and 83dB at 4M.

This is why 3dB is an important number.

3. 10dB is where most people will perceive a doubling or halving of loudness.

duc135

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duc135
eranical wrote:Hi Arin,

What is your budget? Do you already have a receiver or will that be part of the budget? How far will you be sitting from your speakers? Any limitations like speaker size or colors? Will your main speakers be along the long or short wall?