bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
patnugent wrote:Confirmed - but remember it also doesn't need to be near your television, it's usually easier to put the Simple.TV near your Internet router (assuming your OTA antenna has line-of-sight in that room).

In other words, wherever you locate your Simple.TV box, whether you connect it directly into your Internet router or into a network connection elsewhere in your house, you need to have an antenna connection in the same place as your Simple.TV

Think of the Simple.TV as a TV that also needs to connect via wired Internet.

mrict2002

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrict2002
ivioo wrote:I'm guessing this will not stream to a PS3??? So I'd have to get the Roku thing for my TV?

$100 for this device
$100 for USB HDD
$100 for a STB device (Roku)
-----------------------
$300 just to have a DVR for 1 TV

But what if you already have that ext HD and Roku as I do?

mrict2002

I haven't paid Tax before on Woot.
Charged $10 for tax on top of $5 shipping.
Is this new?

mrict2002

I hope to be able to route signal form FTA satellite into this for recording of that digital signal. Any idea if this is possible via the second extra antenna input? Anybody has experience this device with FTA satellite?

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
mrict2002 wrote:I haven't paid Tax before on Woot.
Charged $10 for tax on top of $5 shipping.
Is this new?

@mrict2002, sympathies on a 10% sales tax in your locale. Ouch. Hopefully that means you have no income tax in your state. (Actually that would be a great tradeoff.)

Could it be these are shipped from a location where Simple.TV is?

nitramthims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitramthims
kermur wrote:Uh, what? Your VCR records at 1080 and wide screen? Your VCR then streams to your network? Your post contributes nothing.

Oh, and you won't have to fear "packet loss? " Lol. Yeh, just 90% loss of fidelity.

you meant...

The post contributes frugality and sense.

mrict2002

bluemaple wrote:@mrict2002, sympathies on a 10% sales tax in your locale. Ouch. Hopefully that means you have no income tax in your state. (Actually that would be a great tradeoff.)

Could it be these are shipped from a location where Simple.TV is?

No. California.
Paying taxs and what not, right and left. Guess blue sky cost a lot more if you can see the fine prints...

SenSo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SenSo

Anybody know if this will work with EPB FiO at any level?

Order not showing as shipped yet? Go to FedEx.com and enter your order number where it asks for 'Reference.' You don't need an account number.

patnugent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patnugent
ivioo wrote:I'm guessing this will not stream to a PS3??? So I'd have to get the Roku thing for my TV?

$100 for this device
$100 for USB HDD
$100 for a STB device (Roku)
-----------------------
$300 just to have a DVR for 1 TV

We will have streaming the Xbox 360 and Xbox One via DLNA Push - PS3 (I've spent too much time on Last of Us... Sigh) isn't supported only because they don't support DLNA Push - the PS4 may and we are looking at a more traditional DLNA option for PS3 but it's not in the short-term.

That said, that price gets you DVR on one TV, all your web browsers in and out of the house, and portable devices like iPad!

patnugent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patnugent
SenSo wrote:Anybody know if this will work with EPB FiO at any level?

Nope! (Unless they also have unencrypted cable signals which is very unlikely)

SenSo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SenSo
patnugent wrote:Nope! (Unless they also have unencrypted cable signals which is very unlikely)

That's what I figured. Had to confirm. Sticking with xbmc, PlayOn/Later and the DVR that comes with EPB FiO. At 1gig up and down, I really shouldn't complain!

Order not showing as shipped yet? Go to FedEx.com and enter your order number where it asks for 'Reference.' You don't need an account number.

justinrageth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinrageth

Sooo this is like a sling box for a fraction of the cost?

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
justinrageth wrote:Sooo this is like a sling box for a fraction of the cost?

Nope. More like a fraction of Sling Box capabilities (as far as content sources you can place shift) for more money than the last Sling Box Solo sold at woot.

penaleixo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penaleixo

My TIVO just broke.
Can I use this machine, to do exactly the same as with TIVO ? Even schedule programs to record ?

chekov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chekov

I find it unbelievable that a service that shows Live OTA TV would not use the time grid framework. Using tiles is great if all shows are pre-recorded, but it does not work when you are trying to debate what to watch on Live TV and plan your evening. Cable Companies, AT&T, satellite providers, Tivo, even MS Media Center use a grid.... Live TV needs the Time Grid. Recorded TV does not. So what is Simple.tv? It is a way to watch Live TV and record shows. Give users the ability to toggle the grid option on or off.

>>The Simple.TV app on Roku does not display a grid of upcoming TV shows by channel and time. Will this basic feature be added by software anytime soon?

We won't be additional a traditional legacy EPG (the grid guide) and in fact may be removing that view from mobile apps as we switch to a show based approached (think lots of pretty tiles, categorized by whatever your heart my desire).

twoostendorffs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twoostendorffs

Given the delays in shipping from the August Woot Off and the fact that there has been no traction on my Woot account for shipping my order for this time, I'm nervous. Woot is usually so good about getting things in the mail in 1-2 business days. Is this going to take 2-3 months to show up as well? I sure hope not! My wife and I were excited to start using it as soon as possible!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

twoostendorffs wrote:Given the delays in shipping from the August Woot Off and the fact that there has been no traction on my Woot account for shipping my order for this time, I'm nervous. Woot is usually so good about getting things in the mail in 1-2 business days. Is this going to take 2-3 months to show up as well? I sure hope not! My wife and I were excited to start using it as soon as possible!

No bueno senor! You usually have to wait 3 to 5 business days from the day of the sale. I would say that if you don't see any shipping action by Thursday October 11th then I would write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to figure out the shipping status.

cliff446

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cliff446

Purchased a Simple TV and a sub woofer. Got the Sub but not the Simple TV. Woot only sent one tracking number. Did anyone receive theirs yet?

twoostendorffs

cliff446 wrote:Purchased a Simple TV and a sub woofer. Got the Sub but not the Simple TV. Woot only sent one tracking number. Did anyone receive theirs yet?

Nope, no luck here yet. Still says they're "pulling the order together". I'm really curious why some things ship so quickly, while this is taking so long. The last two things we purchased off Woot were to us in 2-3 days. Here are 4 days after purchasing the Simple.tv and there's no progress. It seems so strange!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

twoostendorffs wrote:Nope, no luck here yet. Still says they're "pulling the order together". I'm really curious why some things ship so quickly, while this is taking so long. The last two things we purchased off Woot were to us in 2-3 days. Here are 4 days after purchasing the Simple.tv and there's no progress. It seems so strange!

We use a variety of shipping methods such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (heir warehouse, our inventory). Shipping methods will vary from sale to sale and can also vary based on how far you live from the shipping point. Please note that military and PO Box orders are always shipped SmartPost.

It's likely that the each of the items came from a different location.

Simple.TV is dropship. The sale stated that it would ship in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th shipping day so we're still on track.

I know you're impatient but hang in there.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bobcernohous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcernohous

I call BS. Just admit you have shipping problems and deal with it already.

My order was 9/26.

According the tracking information that I received on 10/6 (11 days after the order):

The shipping information was SENT to FedEx on 10/4 -- 8 days after I ordered.

The package didn't ARRIVE at FedEx until 10/7 -- 11 days after the order and departed on 10/8.

FedEx says my *expected* delivery is 10/11 -- 15 days after I ordered.
---------------
Try to post the tracking info...
-

10/08/2013 - Tuesday
12:46 pm
Departed FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA
-

10/07/2013 - Monday
6:08 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA
12:00 am
Picked up

BLOOMINGTON, CA
-

10/04/2013 - Friday
10:31 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

ThunderThighs

Staff

@bobcernohous: This thread is for the item that sold on Sunday, 10/6.

Please feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance on your order.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

twoostendorffs

ThunderThighs wrote:We use a variety of shipping methods such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (heir warehouse, our inventory). Shipping methods will vary from sale to sale and can also vary based on how far you live from the shipping point. Please note that military and PO Box orders are always shipped SmartPost.

It's likely that the each of the items came from a different location.

Simple.TV is dropship. The sale stated that it would ship in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th shipping day so we're still on track.

I know you're impatient but hang in there.

Thanks so much for clarifying! Without this sort of information - and with such a rapid ship time normally - it just didn't make sense. Now knowing there are so many varieties, it makes sense why it takes longer. It's sad to say it, but dropship's that don't respond quickly reflect badly on Woot rather then the company (unless, like your response, there is some way to know it is a dropship.) Thanks for the clarification!

aftab7000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aftab7000

got mine today -oct 10, california. Windows xp/7 with silverlight is needed to watch on pc. Roku live streaming did not work for HD or SD channels. Recording works. Roku app is 1.1 on my two roku: roku xds & roku xs

cheapa55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapa55

Super fast shipping, not sure what happened to those with the other order date. Purchased 10/6, received it 10/10.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheapa55 wrote:Super fast shipping, not sure what happened to those with the other order date. Purchased 10/6, received it 10/10.

FORUM MODERATOR

myeagerua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myeagerua

Bought one on the 10/6 sale. Still hasn't shipped / no tracking number. Might be my last woot purchase at thus rate

theprawn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theprawn
myeagerua wrote:Bought one on the 10/6 sale. Still hasn't shipped / no tracking number. Might be my last woot purchase at thus rate

My 10/6 purchase hasn't shipped yet either. :\

ThunderThighs

Staff

myeagerua wrote:Bought one on the 10/6 sale. Still hasn't shipped / no tracking number. Might be my last woot purchase at thus rate

This shipping directly from the vendor and was stated to ship in 3-5 business days. Today is the 5th business day so it will likely ship out today. You may not see tracking info until Monday though.

FORUM MODERATOR

aftab7000

Hello,

I have setup my new simpletv. I am unable to watch live or recorded program on my roku devices. One is Roku XDS and the other one is HD-XR. On clicking to play on Roku, the recorded program shows a progress bar(like it does in netflix, etc) then stops playing on roku. I have tried many many times only to see the progress bar briefly and nothing more on Roku.

I can watch simpletv on pc.

How do I fix the roku problem ?

Roku simple tv app: V1.1 (Built 657)
Simple TV version: 799
Roku: HD-XR and XDS
Both the roku connected through wire i.e. ethernet. Firmware 3.1

Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

aftab7000 wrote:Hello,

I have setup my new simpletv. I am unable to watch live or recorded program on my roku devices. One is Roku XDS and the other one is HD-XR. On clicking to play on Roku, the recorded program shows a progress bar(like it does in netflix, etc) then stops playing on roku. I have tried many many times only to see the progress bar briefly and nothing more on Roku.

I can watch simpletv on pc.

How do I fix the roku problem ?

Roku simple tv app: V1.1 (Built 657)
Simple TV version: 799
Roku: HD-XR and XDS
Both the roku connected through wire i.e. ethernet. Firmware 3.1

Thanks

Sorry you are having problems. You will probably get a faster response by contacting Simple.TV directly.

I found these articles about Roku on their support page

FORUM MODERATOR

ZoboFlobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZoboFlobby

Getting a little chuckle out of this... ordered this and a Roku from Daily Steal... who is typically the WORST at shipping... I have the Roku but no tracking number on the Woot purchase. I can sit tight just thought it was funny. Just gonna wait for the snail to deliver my goods.

LeinerD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeinerD

Just got mine in San Jose, CA. No shipping notification or tracking number.

Haven't set it up yet but I was very surprised to see that the pass-through Ethernet 2 connector is missing! (It was replaced with a white piece of plastic). I was counting on the connector since I'm out of ports on my hub. Anyone else?

aftab7000

Users of Roku 1st and 2nd Gen:
Roku XR & XDS

Roku app version 1.1 will NOT work. You need to install version 1.0 to work.

It is bad that they could not fix it in one year!

I wonder if simpleTV is heading the same way as neurostechnology.com Neuros OSD device.

Lots of promises that ultimately remain unfulfilled, abandoned.

aftab7000

Android users with OS 4.1 and above:

Chrome browser will let you see the video and live channel, but not in full screen.

simpleTV: No android app ever after one year ??

id6klub

quality posts: 3 Private Messages id6klub
LeinerD wrote:Just got mine in San Jose, CA. No shipping notification or tracking number.

Haven't set it up yet but I was very surprised to see that the pass-through Ethernet 2 connector is missing! (It was replaced with a white piece of plastic). I was counting on the connector since I'm out of ports on my hub. Anyone else?

Yours showed up at your doorstep without a woot-listed tracking number? I haven't received a tracking number yet like many others & it is frustrating. I was hoping that this would not happen on this woot, but it did. Since I'm relying on this for delivery by midweek next week at the latest (so I can have it setup with remote access before a trip), I have to consider other options and/or cancellation if it did not ship out by the listed time of today. I guess my next move is to contact the woot staff for a follow-up. If an STV rep reads this, please try to check on the order due to head my way...a cancellation is imminent due to non-fulfillment if a tracking number showing movement starting on or before 10/11 doesn't materialize.

Gosh, with the "dont buy" angry posts complaining about shipping from the last woot, why repeat actions to prove them RIGHT this time around yet again? Why?

GossipNinja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages GossipNinja

got part of my woot order, looks like the holdup is with the vendor due to dropship.

Edit: arrived from secondary carrier same day

kwrogers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwrogers

FedEx delivered mine to Houston this afternoon, 10/12. It shipped 10/9.

id6klub

quality posts: 3 Private Messages id6klub
kwrogers wrote:FedEx delivered mine to Houston this afternoon, 10/12. It shipped 10/9.

I'm less than 150 mi from you and FedEx didnt do jack with mine today.

At least the Horns won.

wizwor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wizwor
kwrogers wrote:FedEx delivered mine to Houston this afternoon, 10/12. It shipped 10/9.

For you guys who have received your hardware, what is the woot status of your order? Mine is still 'shipping'