Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2848 Private Messages lichme

Item: Asus 15.6" Core i5 VivoBook Touch
Price: $499.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/6/2013 - $499.99 - 30 comment(s)

9/25/2013 - $499.99 (Woot Plus)

cakezula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakezula

Cutting it pretty close with the 24gb ssd. Windows 8 _minimum_ for 64bit is 20gb. Plus there's the 8.1/Blue update coming soon.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/system-requirements

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Not sure which processor is right for you? Check out this handy processor guide

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3465 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page

maluviper03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maluviper03

Does anyone know of this has digitizer pen input?

toddstrack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddstrack

How can I confirm it has Bluetooth? No mention but Base model on Asus site says V4.0.

marimbaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marimbaman
cakezula wrote:Cutting it pretty close with the 24gb ssd. Windows 8 _minimum_ for 64bit is 20gb. Plus there's the 8.1/Blue update coming soon.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/system-requirements

I believe the SSD is not usable storage space, but just used as a cache. My wife has one, and it's a pretty good machine for general use. My only complaint is the lack of customizable trackpad options. I really miss the scroll in the right edge area sometimes.

rpayne12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpayne12
marimbaman wrote:I believe the SSD is not usable storage space, but just used as a cache. My wife has one, and it's a pretty good machine for general use. My only complaint is the lack of customizable trackpad options. I really miss the scroll in the right edge area sometimes.

SSD means Solid State Drive. Its a much more stable drive that is highly resistant to failing.

ar1stotle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ar1stotle
rpayne12 wrote:SSD means Solid State Drive. Its a much more stable drive that is highly resistant to failing.

Right, but many laptop manufacturers have been offering small cache chips. It's SSD space, but it's just used to cache information to speed up retrieval and not to store anything permanently.

gdseeker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gdseeker
rpayne12 wrote:SSD means Solid State Drive. Its a much more stable drive that is highly resistant to failing.

SSD is not, to my knowledge, more resistant to failure than a standard hard drive. SSDs are popular mostly because they are dramatically faster than standard HDDs.

On the subject of failure, SSDs are less robust in one very important way...when an SSD fails, it usually fails completely and catastrophically, which makes it really important to keep good backups if your machine is solely SSD.

SSD is well worth having, IMO, because it's the greatest performance improvement available, and SSDs get cheaper all the time. But I would not purchase an SSD-equipped system on the basis of failure resistance.

gdseeker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gdseeker
marimbaman wrote:I believe the SSD is not usable storage space, but just used as a cache. My wife has one, and it's a pretty good machine for general use. My only complaint is the lack of customizable trackpad options. I really miss the scroll in the right edge area sometimes.

If you can figure out the manufacturer of your trackpad (Synaptics, Elan, etc.), you might be able to find a driver package for it that would include the customization options. Worth a look, at least.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

toddstrack wrote:How can I confirm it has Bluetooth? No mention but Base model on Asus site says V4.0.

The information we got from the vendor says no bluetooth.

Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

What do we have here? The buyer is in a good mood? On a Tuesday? Who spiked his coffee? Do I need to ask another question?

No.

The price is now $479.99.

Not so small print: If you already purchased this doodaddy, money will come flying back to your pockets soonish.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

debjay1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debjay1004

Does it come with a battery? the "What's In The Box" info sez:
Laptop
AC Adapter

[MOD: Yes, it comes with a rechargeable battery. It's listed in the specs.]

kwb138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwb138

The mouse pad offers smart gesture technology. Look above to find the product page someone else posted. It looks like if you use 2 fingers at the same time and swipe up or down you will get the same effect.

kwb138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwb138
debjay1004 wrote:Does it come with a battery? the "What's In The Box" info sez:
Laptop
AC Adapter

Looking at the form factor it would appear that there is no removable battery which is why it wouldn't be listed. After glancing at the product page that is my thought. I could not confirm this though.

cakezula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakezula

Ah. That would make more sense. Since it wasn't a hybrid drive I assumed they were loading the OS on the ssd.

sugarski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarski
debjay1004 wrote:Does it come with a battery? the "What's In The Box" info sez:
Laptop
AC Adapter

Specs state: Battery: 4-Cell Lithium-Polymer

toddstrack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddstrack
ThunderThighs wrote:The information we got from the vendor says no bluetooth.

Sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply!

piranchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piranchu

Is this item avaiable with 8 gb ram?

[MOD: Sorry, only as shown on the sale page.]

hartman0615

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hartman0615

hi i placed an order my credit card called me and asked if it was legit...of course i said it was. they quoted the exact amount but no order is showing up in my account please help. i really want the laptop

ADMIN please email me

ThunderThighs

Staff

hartman0615 wrote:hi i placed an order my credit card called me and asked if it was legit...of course i said it was. they quoted the exact amount but no order is showing up in my account please help. i really want the laptop

ADMIN please email me

You can email support@woot.com for more information but since this sale ends today, I asked CS for you. The sale went through, it just hasn't been imported yet. That is, it will show up in STUFF YOU BOUGHT in a little while. Or so I'm told.

FORUM MODERATOR

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's check out the product page

Hate to be that guy, but I am. That's not the exact same machine. Spec says Bluetooth 4 but Woot states that here is no Bluetooth.

spizmar

quality posts: 11 Private Messages spizmar

Damn time zone changes. It's 2300, woot should have cycled an hour ago. But noooooooooo. I'm in Eastern time, not Pacific.
Basty nastards.

dtoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtoe

Does anyone know if the SSD drive user serviceable? I would like to up grade it if it is.