Staff

Poll: Pumpkin stuff?
  • 6.7% - Yes! In beer! 185
  • 4.1% - Yes! In coffee! 112
  • 18.1% - Yes! In pastries! 498
  • 31.5% - Yes! In EVERYTHING! 865
  • 39.5% - No! Stop it. Just STOP IT! 1086
2746 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dnlkolender wrote:Yeppers, fer carving, smashing & exploding!! The seeds are tasty but get stuck in my throat; & I find pumpkin itself oh so yucky!

McGuffy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McGuffy

Pumpkin - autumn's bacon. Until December, when peppermint becomes winter's bacon. Why has nobody successfully combined pumpkin and peppermint yet?

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

tracylcampbell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracylcampbell
dnlkolender wrote:Yeppers, fer carving, smashing & exploding!! The seeds are tasty but get stuck in my throat; & I find pumpkin itself oh so yucky!

Punkin Chunkin! http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I KNEW "Stop it!" would be the top answer. That's just the way the Woot audience is. We buck trends and tend to be anti-everything....unless it involves Star Wars.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jthebird1977
firebirdude wrote:I KNEW "Stop it!" would be the top answer. That's just the way the Woot audience is. We buck trends and tend to be anti-everything....unless it involves Star Wars.

I am one of the "Stop it!" votes. To elaborate, I really want to like pumpkin things. Unfortunately, they all fail pretty miserably. Pumpkin beer never tastes quite right. Most pumpkin pies have way too much spice. Pumpkin spice lattes, well, there's just way too much of something(s) I don't like in it either. The fact we are bombarded with pumpkin as early as July (that's when i found pumpkin beers prominently displayed at the store this year) is, in my opinion, just as bad as Christmas merchandising before Halloween.
/rant off

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

zasseg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zasseg
McGuffy wrote:Pumpkin - autumn's bacon. Until December, when peppermint becomes winter's bacon. Why has nobody successfully combined pumpkin and peppermint yet?

I thought that bacon was winter's bacon?

NomAnor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NomAnor
jthebird1977 wrote:I am one of the "Stop it!" votes. To elaborate, I really want to like pumpkin things. Unfortunately, they all fail pretty miserably. Pumpkin beer never tastes quite right. Most pumpkin pies have way too much spice. Pumpkin spice lattes, well, there's just way too much of something(s) I don't like in it either. The fact we are bombarded with pumpkin as early as July (that's when i found pumpkin beers prominently displayed at the store this year) is, in my opinion, just as bad as Christmas merchandising before Halloween.
/rant off

Lakefront Brewing Pumpkin Ale. So far the only one with enough pumpkin flavor I have had and not super "spicey" so you can actually drink a few without getting sick of the taste! Mmmm tasty, tasty beer. Wait what time is it?

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

My sister-in-law made a pumpkin spice cookie with the new pumpkin M&M's is was very good, but otherwise I will go with Please stop it.

PATS-PWR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PATS-PWR
firebirdude wrote:I KNEW "Stop it!" would be the top answer. That's just the way the Woot audience is. We buck trends and tend to be anti-everything....unless it involves Star Wars.

Actually the "Yeas" are leading the "Nays" currently 59% to 41% so no trend bucking going on here at Woot!

2013: 9/11-Pinnacle 5.1 Speaker System 9/11-FuelBelt Aero 2012: 2-Woot 2-Tech.Woot 2-Sport.Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 2011:5-Woot 2-BOCx1 1-Sellout.Woot 2010: 1-Woot 1-Wine.Woot 1-BOCx1 2009: 2-Woot 2008: 8-Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 4-BOCx3 2007: 5-Woot 2-Sellout.Woot 1-Wine.Woot 2006: 7-Woot 2005: 2-Woot

claygirlsings

quality posts: 1 Private Messages claygirlsings
zasseg wrote:I thought that bacon was winter's bacon?

Bacon is every season's bacon.

Dsull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dsull

Pumpkins being seasonal, we get 3 months of the year where they're just jammed down our throats. Ironically, if science invents year 'round pumpkins we'd probably be less bombarded.

McGuffy

Bacon had already become the bacon of bacon. For the next 6 weeks, pumpkin is the bacon of bacon's bacon. I think.

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

McGuffy

Dsull wrote:Pumpkins being seasonal, we get 3 months of the year where they're just jammed down our throats. Ironically, if science invents year 'round pumpkins we'd probably be less bombarded.

You can buy canned pumpkin year 'round. If pumpkin were bacon (and I do love pumpkin), people would be making pumpkin pies in May. But they ain't.

dathmar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dathmar

I don't used canned pumpkin seeing as most canned pumpkin is actually butternut squash. I make my own pie and pastry fillings from scratch. A couple of bad things come of that.

1. It takes forever.
2. You will never want to buy premade pumpkin anything from the store.

AndyTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AndyTK

YUCK Hate Pumpkin, hate it hate it hate it. Nasty stuff

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I do not like pumpkin.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Pumpkin ice cream is fantastic!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."