WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Toshiba Laptops

Have you seen these Toshibas? They're packed with information and pictures and cores. We could use them to analyze data or get a college education or watch a celebrity relinquish all dignity in a desperate plea for help.

djjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djjedi

7850GB SATA? I'm guessing that's a typo?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 638 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

djjedi wrote:7850GB SATA? I'm guessing that's a typo?

Yay! It was the first sale I looked at. And yes, I'll send it in for fixin'. Thanks!

Talk about your CRAP!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27

I have had this Toshiba L505 for 5 or so years. Never any real problems. This is my third Toshiba, I really do believe this is the best brand.

Oh my Toshiba's (except the 1998 one) all still work 100%. If they didn't keep changing OS I would probably still be working on number 2 Toshiba.

gpersonet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gpersonet

I always want Brand New laptops. No refurbished please

s11018

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s11018

Nothing wrong with refurbs. Cheaper price and usually just as good as a new one. Bought several so far with no issues.

katrina516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katrina516

These HP 15.6" Full HDi7 touchSmart ultrabook 2 much 4 a recondition laptops. My opinion!

middsgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages middsgo

I want a backlit keyboard. Toshiba makes them, but nearly all have to be custom-built.

barthumphries

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barthumphries

If I can't find the graphics card/chip at http://www.gpureview.com/ then I'm not buying it, because it must be pretty cruddy.

http://www.woot.com/offers/15-6-quad-core-laptop-1 looks pretty great, though, AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M processor is about #500 on the list of processors at cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php and the AMD Radeon HD 7640G is better than the AMD Radeon HD 6990 that I have now, so I can get a good idea of what it'll be like on the graphics card comparison site. That'll run Rocksmith 2014 quite well (when it comes out in two weeks) and that's all I really care about. I think I'll add in the 16GB RAM kit on http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=satellite+l855d-s5117 since it looks like the 1855D and the 1855 have the same architecture. So, basically $550 and it'll be a killer laptop, far better than any other laptop around that price.

The i7's processor was #91 on the list, which is amazing, but the graphics chip is an Intel HD 4000, which is like buying an original late 1990's-era Pentium processor -- that's a pretty crappy graphics chip. Most of these Toshiba laptops have an HD 4000 graphics chip, it's just the "15.6" Quad-Core Laptop" that doesn't.

The "15.6" Quad-Core Laptop" is a really sweet deal.