Poll: Big dogs, small dogs, or cats?
  • 27.7% - Big dogs 876
  • 11.2% - Small dogs 354
  • 16.7% - Any size dog is fine by me 528
  • 18.3% - Cats 580
  • 20.9% - I love all pets 661
  • 5.3% - I hate all pets 167
3166 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

Strays

geekypanda13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13

Big or medium dogs are the best! small dogs are like little mean land sharks. Cats are killers.

Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I have a lab/?????? mutt and my wife has two cats.

She won't let me get a pug

bphillipsap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bphillipsap

pugs. FTW

procop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages procop

Big cats!

siucsunas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siucsunas

Big dogs don't have the "short guy" problems. And,the only things that cats are good for is coyote or gater bait. Having a cat is like have stink-bait in your house.

lizardlord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizardlord

Why aren't lizards included?

nlevake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nlevake

Snakes!! And rescued pitties.

mrtwon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtwon

I agree with the stinky kitty problem... that's why I'm teaching mine to use the people toilet! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

Don't be fooled... Santa is real.

coldfire49009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldfire49009

I don't mind any animal that is a pet besides birds. I can't stand them. Smelly, loud, and shifty.

coldfire49009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldfire49009
mrtwon wrote:I agree with the stinky kitty problem... that's why I'm teaching mine to use the people toilet! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

I had cats and dogs most of my life. If you clean the little box daily or every other day, there really isn't any smell. I also believe in general, that cats smell better than dogs.
Still a fan of both.

lobo81865

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lobo81865

Go big (dog), or go home. I hate ankle biters.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

I want a dog I wrestle around with and if it gets under my feet and I step on it, I won't smash it. I've got a 60 pounder and a 40 pounder and wouldn't want smaller than the 40 pounder. I'd take a 150 pounder, but I'd need a bigger house and yard. Cats, whatever, I've got a 12 and a 18 pound cat, they don't over eat, they're just big (panther?). Cats can be whatever size.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
coldfire49009 wrote:I had cats and dogs most of my life. If you clean the little box daily or every other day, there really isn't any smell. I also believe in general, that cats smell better than dogs.
Still a fan of both.

I guess someone has to tell you, your friends are lying to you. Yes, there really IS a smell! You smell, your house smells and you pets smell. You are just used to it, sort of like if you worked at the dump. Ask someone you don't know(without cats) to smell your house and they will tell you.
That said, I prefer the wild bearded clam. The perfect pet.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

desdinovax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desdinovax

Bunnies 4 lyfe!

dlockwood47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dlockwood47

My brother just got a $2,000 Vet bill for his dog. I don't need another dependent who does nothing but eat and crap. One is enough :-)

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

My American Eskimos (Zipper and Noodles) are about 28 pounds. Big enough not to be ankle biters and small enough they don't knock us over when we come home.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

always had big dogs.

slowly switching to medium sized dogs (Sheltie) (Spitz).

I like all (trained & behaved) dogs.

cats suck.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
dlockwood47 wrote:My brother just got a $2,000 Vet bill for his dog. I don't need another dependent who does nothing but eat and crap. One is enough :-)

Zipper busted his foot. Had surgery to put in a titanium plate and screws. All told, about $3000. Later had to have the plate removed. Another $400.
Why didn't we want kids?

alexasnows

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexasnows

I love all animals, especially cats and dogs, I do not understand people who hate cats, I feel like they only like creatures who are submissive. Cats are fascinating and strange.

scarp54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scarp54

We do small to medium. We travel a great deal in our RV and stay in campgrounds where it is imperative to clean up the dog's mess. And let me tell you - small to medium dogs poop, big dogs S**T! Love big dogs but don't want to scoop their crap.
Rescues only! Adopt - Don't Shop!

freakna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakna

I love pets... as long as they're somebody else's.

IjumpOverU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IjumpOverU
StarKnightGoku wrote:I have a lab/?????? mutt and my wife has two cats.

She won't let me get a pug

Pugs are the absolute best! You wife has no idea what she's missing.

IjumpOverU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IjumpOverU

I don't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

I do volunteer work at a no-kill rescue/adoption nonprofit animal shelter - we have now done 60,000 spay/neuters in our 10-year history. We do over 6,000 adoptions a year, and have an average turnaround adoption time of 8 days, with much less time for puppies and kittens - they're usually gone within 72 hours.

We're privately funded, and accept no money from any government agency, except as grants. We do community education and fund-raisers to bring in money to stay afloat, and have major donors who give upwards of $100k annually, because they care so much about the animals.

We spay and neuter feral cats for free, and rescue from puppy mills and from other shelters who are in danger of overcrowding and having to euthanize. We cover most of the state with our transfer vans on a weekly schedule, gathering up hard-to-adopt and overflow cats and dogs, giving them medical treatment and socialization training if needed, chipping them, and re-homing them throughout the Pacific Northwest and Canada. We have two full-time vets on staff, and four vet techs. We are equipped to handle most injuries and medical conditions in the incoming rescue animals.

Our facility is clean and odor-free, and each dog is kept in its own glass-walled room with no bars or cages, with their own toys and bedding, and with access to outside runs. We have a cat colony for those cats that prefer a more social environment. We don't break up bonded pairs, we adopt them out together.

I own one cat only, and she's pretty special. She's very particular about cleanliness, does her business outside, thank God, and our home doesn't smell like cat.

It's a rewarding and very satisfying volunteer job, one of the best I've ever had. I spend a couple of days a week in the company of every kind of dog and cat you can imagine, and with co-workers who are the best of the best.

Be kind! Adopt!

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

Big snakes for me, but if I had a yard I would get a big dog.

MickeyJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MickeyJ

I like big MUTTS and I cannot lie...

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2

I prefer dogs 50 lbs or over.

wxwookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wxwookie

More medium dogs and mix breeds... btw, cats are generally evil. Not all, but most.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
theco2 wrote:I prefer dogs 50 lbs or over.

What a cutie!!!