conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3644 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about the warranty

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3644 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Nearly perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at The O

theodoremoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theodoremoon

Don't forget the work platform and wheelkit are included.

Work platform $35.66 (Amazon)

Retrofit wheelkit $26.99 (Amazon)

eaadams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eaadams

I bought a little giant xl last year because it fits in my little infinity ex. I paid 300 and it was worth every penny. Ladders take up a LOT of space and having one is invaluable. To not take up a lot of space is great. These are light and well made. The wheels aren't all that much of a help because they don't roll at a good angle. But this is worth it. However, I'd buy the XL again. The foot rest is nice as is the handle bar on the XL

Adrenalynn333

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Adrenalynn333

I use these every day professionally, as well as the heavier model. These things weigh a ton, but they last _forever_ in a light construction environment, and if I have a quick service call, I can toss the 22 in the back of the Elantra (with the seats down) and still have room for tools.

I can't imagine not having half a dozen of these.

tbelch249

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbelch249

Bought the 17' one last year. It has been a great ladder and has reached almost everything i've needed it to. I have cleaned my gutters multiple times with it.
Only time it wasn't quite high enough was to put a bat house on a tree in my back yard. I think if the 22' would have been available I would have gone for that. But who knows, it might be a lot harder to manage than the 17'. I have really enjoyed how compact and easy to use this ladder is.

bill2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bill2009

I have had the 22' one for over 2 yrs. and used it almost every day in the roofing industry. Buy this ladder, you won't be disappointed.

Wundt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wundt

I bought the 22 when I moved into my 2 story house 6 years ago. it is a good ladder and has lasted well. BUT, it is really, really heavy and awkward to set up. It takes two people to extend it and get it up on the side of the house (I often wish I just had an extention ladder for quick jobs). Once up, it is great, solid and secure.

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba

My harbor freight had a sale on these a few weeks ago. Granted, it didn't come with the platform and some of the other minimally useful features this has, but it is basically identical to the 17' one here.

I paid $110 for it with a 25% off coupon. Worth every penny.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

Before you take the plunge (sry) look @ the weight of these ladders because these get a bit heavy for some people/purposes

spcyhknBC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spcyhknBC

Do any persons of unusually large statures have experience with these? Let's say I am over the recommended weight limit, how much fudge room is there?

gls2100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gls2100

I just did some, minor, research on Little Giant's website on their model numbers... So according to Woot the model number is the Alta One 14016-009 for the M22. However, on Little Giants website - the model numbers that they have is Alta One 14016-001... whatever no biggie. [url/]http://www.littlegiantladder.com/kb/questions/48/[/url]

But, when you reference the Alta One page ([url/]http://www.littlegiantladder.com/little-giant/type-1.html[/url]) the list price for the Alta One M22 is not 379.... rather 316.... granted the mark down is still lower on Woot at 199.99 vs the 259.99....

Same specs... same everything... Except for the decal stickers on the side.

Still, its kinda deceiving. No chocolate pudding for you tonight, Woot...

***EDIT***
I done gooffedd..... didnt add the wheel and platform kit... I guess the Chocolate pudding is on me tonight!

shankerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shankerd

I got the 22' classic one from the mothersip(amazon) for $229 I think a few months back. Looks exactly the same but the wheels came already attached. Kinda of heavy but it has been a great help. My house was being built so used it to run my wires and sound insulation and a ton of other things. After moving in used it to put speakers , blinds, fans. But, I also saw the contractors using the Werner brand ladders(they have the same design) and are much cheaper.

richfiddler11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richfiddler11
lapoltba wrote:My harbor freight had a sale on these a few weeks ago. Granted, it didn't come with the platform and some of the other minimally useful features this has, but it is basically identical to the 17' one here.

I paid $110 for it with a 25% off coupon. Worth every penny.

It's not fair to compare the Harbor Freight knockoff to the original, is it? I own a *lot* of HF products. They trade off quality for lower price and often that works out OK. Often the products are total junk and are nearly disposable. In a ladder where my neck is at stake, I'll pay a few more bucks for my safety.

If you need to pinch a few more pennies, check Costco, they sometimes carry LG ladders and sometimes have specials at odd times, but they don't include accessories like the ones here.

phatfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phatfx

I get so excited each day to see what Woot has to offer. Not once has that excitement been sent over the top by a ladder.

pencilneck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pencilneck

My wife purchased one several years ago. Overall, I've been happy with it, well built. The only thing that feels "unsafe" to me is when I had it fully extended to reach a clogged gutter drain. The whole unit flexed a lot when I got about half way up, it was an unsettling feeling. As an A-frame ladder, very good since you can make 1 side shorter so the top is close to a wall or whatever you are working on.

ghazzagh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghazzagh
phatfx wrote:I get so excited each day to see what Woot has to offer. Not once has that excitement been sent over the top by a ladder.

Brown Zune work?

bobdemers23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobdemers23

I bought a costco 21' (little giant type) ladder from amazon @ $183 last year. This seems like a good deal for the real thing plus the work platform. Costco one is heavy as well but very stable. My costco one, a few of the plastic coverings were broken on shipment but they are only cosmetic.

baboval

quality posts: 3 Private Messages baboval

I have a 22-foot Little Giant and a 13-foot Gorilla ladder (pretty much an exact rip-off of the Little Giant design).

I got the Little Giant as a hand-me-down, so it's a little older, but I've had them both for ~10 years. I haven't noticed any difference in performance of the two ladders, and I've abused both of them (leaving them out in the rain, etc).

I do use the Gorilla more often, but that's mostly because of the size. The 22-foot is significantly heavier than the 13-foot and it makes it a pain. I wish I had a 13-foot, and then just a regular extension ladder.

Anyway, you can get the Gorilla ladders for under $100, and they come with all the accessories...

gofigr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gofigr
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's learn all about the warranty

yes, why does woot show a 1 year warranty while amazon shows lifetime?

WLAURENT

quality posts: 7 Private Messages WLAURENT

Costco has the Little Giant 1A (300 lb capacity) M17 ladder on sale for $149 through October 27th with free shipping.

Comes with the wheel kit but no work platform. I have both the Alta and the 1A versions and find the heavier duty version feels much more stable in extension ladder mode.

mstrength

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstrength
WLAURENT wrote:Costco has the Little Giant 1A (300 lb capacity) M17 ladder on sale for $149 through October 27th with free shipping.

Comes with the wheel kit but no work platform. I have both the Alta and the 1A versions and find the heavier duty version feels much more stable in extension ladder mode.

NM need the M22, I'll hold out for a Sears deal again.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

I'm ordering the M-22 ladder so I can get really high.

Bill

robwnolan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robwnolan

I shopped around and this is the best price, beating Amazon.

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski

I can never see a ladder without thinking of the good old fashioned flex-o-ladder. I just can't take ladders seriously anymore.

ronman101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronman101

Worth every penny is right!!! I both the 1AA model 22 foot, which is their super heavy, 60 lbs, 13 yrs ago. It is steady as a rock. I thought I was nuts dishing out $400 plus dollars to buy a ladder, but when you see a 300 pound guy on the top stair moving back and forth, no questions asked.
This is a slimmed down version of the 1A model, which does limit the weight to 250lb max. With all of the bells and whistles it comes with, and the price, it makes a great steal...I'm mean buy.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

22'! I'm happy that patience paid off.

Off to shop for the leg leveler @ BJ's.

stew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stew

Lowes has the Werner 22" with 300lb capacity for $189

darnold316

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darnold316

I bought the 19' M-22 off of woot 2 years ago, and I will say it was one of the best purchases I have made. I can get up to the roof of my 2 story house without issue (my wife is a little scared that I'll fall, but she worries too much). I love the fact that when broken down I can hang it on a couple hooks on the wall in the garage. Its a little on the heavy side, but that's just a minor complaint for a great product.

Improviz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Improviz

Home Despot lists the 22' for $333, and wants another $40 for the work platform. I'm in for 1! Replacing my old 16' Costco version of this. Yeah Woot!

mrhookup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrhookup

I previously owned a Little Giant M19 for alot of years. Ikept it on the roof of my business truck. All of the rivets that held the ladder togeather rusted out completely. I contacted Wing Enterprises but they didn't want to do anything for me. I also returned my 4 step LG ladder, as it had seen better days. They gave me the same crap. I also owned their scaffolding, step kick out, leg leveler. They were and still are fine. Finally, I read Wing Enterprises the riot act. Suddenly, they told me to return them to Wing Enterprises. It took quite a while, and I paid for shipment back to Utah (not cheap considering their size & weight. Eventually, they repaired the M19, and totally replaced the 4 step ladder. Otherwise, I really liked their products. You cannot compare them to Werner ladders. They are a joke. Only penny pinchers or ill informed people would buy them. Right now I am contemplating buying the M22 today here. Is the shipping still $5.00? Actually, the reason they later decided to help me is because I told them that if they did not, I would show up at the upcoming State Fair where they are always there selling their products. I said I would bring my broken LG's with me and set them up right in front of their both. I would show & tell everyone there about my terrible experience. That's when they waived the white flag & took care of it.Trust me; if I had had to do this, they would have been lucky to sell 1 ladder that day. I have heard that they had improved the hinges & locks. I hope so. The ad says that the weight capacity is 250 lbs per side of the ladder. The add also says that these 2 ladders have a lifetime warranty. Is this true? If I buy one, I will coat it with polyurethane spray twice.

hnsez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hnsez
stew wrote:Lowes has the Werner 22" with 300lb capacity for $189

Used the werner with the little giant borrowed from my neighbor and a 2"x10"x16' plank reinforced with two 2"x4"x8's as scaffolding to rescreen my pool enclosure. The build quality on the little giant is better and it weighs less but I am very happy with the Werner ... I weigh 200# and didn't involuntarily go for a swim.

ocv808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ocv808
sarahkavitski wrote:I can never see a ladder without thinking of the good old fashioned flex-o-ladder. I just can't take ladders seriously anymore.

Hahaha I was waiting for it!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mrhookup wrote:I previously owned a Little Giant M19 for alot of years. Ikept it on the roof of my business truck. All of the rivets that held the ladder togeather rusted out completely. I contacted Wing Enterprises but they didn't want to do anything for me. I also returned my 4 step LG ladder, as it had seen better days. They gave me the same crap. I also owned their scaffolding, step kick out, leg leveler. They were and still are fine. Finally, I read Wing Enterprises the riot act. Suddenly, they told me to return them to Wing Enterprises. It took quite a while, and I paid for shipment back to Utah (not cheap considering their size & weight. Eventually, they repaired the M19, and totally replaced the 4 step ladder. Otherwise, I really liked their products. You cannot compare them to Werner ladders. They are a joke. Only penny pinchers or ill informed people would buy them. Right now I am contemplating buying the M22 today here. Is the shipping still $5.00? Actually, the reason they later decided to help me is because I told them that if they did not, I would show up at the upcoming State Fair where they are always there selling their products. I said I would bring my broken LG's with me and set them up right in front of their both. I would show & tell everyone there about my terrible experience. That's when they waived the white flag & took care of it.Trust me; if I had had to do this, they would have been lucky to sell 1 ladder that day. I have heard that they had improved the hinges & locks. I hope so. The ad says that the weight capacity is 250 lbs per side of the ladder. The add also says that these 2 ladders have a lifetime warranty. Is this true? If I buy one, I will coat it with polyurethane spray twice.

UPDATE + EDIT!
Ignore what I said here before! We confirmed with the vendor these do, in fact, have a lifetime warranty.
We're making that change on our sale page.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jmunzke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmunzke

love mine!