thecorrectline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecorrectline

I've had mine for awhile, paid much more for them and they've been completely worth it. I'm not a small guy, and these are sturdy for both vertical climbs and use as scaffold. If you do light construction and/or remodeling - get a couple.

trickykid27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trickykid27

The Air force has one of these on Every C-17 Aircraft, and they get used multiple times per day every day. They even made a custom mount for it on the plane! Look on the wall. These are the toughest, lightest longest lasting and most versatile ladders on the market.

erwinboute

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erwinboute

Went to purchase and then saw the sales tax pop up!! Have never seen that before. Deal breaker for sure.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

erwinboute wrote:Went to purchase and then saw the sales tax pop up!! Have never seen that before. Deal breaker for sure.

Sounds like you're shipping to one of the states for which we recently were required to begin collecting sales tax.

Sorry to hear it's a deal-breaker. Hopefully we can win you over next time!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hookers1955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hookers1955
PemberDucky wrote:Sounds like you're shipping to one of the states for which we recently were required to begin collecting sales tax.

Sorry to hear it's a deal-breaker. Hopefully we can win you over next time!

So when did Woot start charging sales tax ? I'm in Va. so I'm getting this charge now ???

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hookers1955 wrote:So when did Woot start charging sales tax ? I'm in Va. so I'm getting this charge now ???

Effective September 1, 2013, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Virginia.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
(For further discussion, please feel free to post in our World of Woot threads.)

...back to ladders!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

Tax will be based on where in the world they operate from, and you see this being implemented more and more from various online outlets. If you've got an in-house warehouse/service center/call-center/retail outlet/etc operation in some state...you tax in that state. The details get a little complcated, but that's the gist.

$218, net, shipped, with two accessories is still the best apples-to-apples deal I could find, by a fair margin. The fact that it doesn't beat some arbitrary threshold of good deals is kind of irrelevant if you've got plans for this thing.

mboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss
PemberDucky wrote:Effective September 1, 2013, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in Virginia.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
(For further discussion, please feel free to post in our World of Woot threads.)

...back to ladders!

I recently learned that in Florida we are supposed to pay tax on all online purchases we make from out of state where the transaction doesn't get charged sales tax. However, it is not enforced and they expect people to self report this on their tax returns. Of course I do this every year.... : )

zrxbill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zrxbill

I have a new wood 16x10 storage barn,which is very tall, to paint so I ordered the 17 footer. This should do just fine for that and getting on the roof.

bgolfer66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgolfer66

Ahhh, dang it. Miss one freakin' day and crap... Moofi?

I need this...

benpatient

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benpatient
bgolfer66 wrote:Ahhh, dang it. Miss one freakin' day and crap... Moofi?

I need this...

If you Costco, go check them out there. They are on sale until the end of the month. Not exactly this Woot model, but a better version, minus the accessories, for less cash. We picked one up after comparing to the Woot price last week and seeing all of the praise. I spent Saturday afternoon on the roof of my house for the first time, after 9 years of living there. The one at Costco is 15ft and rated for 300lbs, instead of 17ft and rated for 250lbs for these Woot models. $139 in-store.

scoob1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scoob1969

Anyone get a tracking number yet? Is it worth the $25 bucks off to wait a week after being charged to still find out there's no shipping update? Dallas Cowboys. How do I get a refund?

marktoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marktoma
scoob1969 wrote:Anyone get a tracking number yet? Is it worth the $25 bucks off to wait a week after being charged to still find out there's no shipping update? Dallas Cowboys. How do I get a refund?

I also still have NO tracking/shipping info, but it does say 3-8 days and it has been 7 days will give them a couple of days.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mark & Scoob: I checked both your orders and Track by Reference is working. Looks like we're waiting on tracking.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MDCole9761

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MDCole9761
ThunderThighs wrote:Mark & Scoob: I checked both your orders and Track by Reference is working. Looks like we're waiting on tracking.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

I was in the same boat- no shipping notification or tracking info. While reading my daily Woot email, I got the thinking "hey, didn't you buy a ladder like a long time ago?". So I logged into Woot, checked the order status (which still says "preparing to ship"), headed over here to the comments (where staff and Wooters provide awesome discussion and advice), saw the above post, followed the link and directions to find my order in the Fed-Ex system and viola! It's on the truck to be delivered today!

Note: make sure you give the Fed-Ex tool as much ACCURATE info as you can (i.e. order number, Zip Code and Country). I tried just the order number and that didn't work so hot.

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

Ha! Well today's the 23rd and Woot just emailed me the the tracking number for the ladder I ordered on the 10th, and which I received on the 17th.

For any interested, the ladder came well packed, arrived unharmed, and has already been very useful for us. My kids even enjoyed watching the included DVD, and now my wife wants the "Fuel Can" accessory.

Very happy with the purchase.

Thanks and good luck!

xenic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenic

Hey Woot, Thanks for sending me tracking information for my ladder that arrived 5 days ago!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xenic wrote:Hey Woot, Thanks for sending me tracking information for my ladder that arrived 5 days ago!

Whoops. The vendor most likely shipped out in batches and sent us the tracking information after the last batch. You must have been in the lucky first batch!

In other news, we continue work on getting better at tracking info.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cedaroo

ThunderThighs wrote:we continue work on getting better at tracking

And I was sure you were going to point out how Woot shipping is now so fast, even emails can't keep up with it. ;)

And kudos to xenic for writing in one line, what took me many.

emehew

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emehew

I got my LG ladder about a week ago and just now got around to unpacking it. It has a dent on one of the rungs! According to the warranty, I have to pay for shipping back to them? That's just wrong. I'm pretty sure it happened in transit, is the FedEx liable?

cedaroo

emehew wrote:I'm pretty sure it happened in transit, is the FedEx liable?

It sounds as if you want to file a claim with FedEx for damage during transit. You can do so here:

http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/managing/claims/

FYI And while it seems your complaint is with FedEx, Woot support isn't typically handled via item comments but rather:
http://www.woot.com/support

Best of luck.