WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sony Portable Power

You might not need a USB charger now, but that's because you're at a computer, which is basically a USB charger in itself. Once you leave your computer, though, and have nowhere to charge your device, you'll suddenly realize your mistake. It'll be a sad scene. Please just buy one of these and make it easy on yourself.
Sony official site

jimmydc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmydc

I assume the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask: Is there any reason this wouldn't work with Apple products?

pirateink757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirateink757
jimmydc wrote:I assume the answer is no, but it never hurts to ask: Is there any reason this wouldn't work with Apple products?

Charges my iphone right up!!

jimmydc

pirateink757 wrote:Charges my iphone right up!!

You have one? How do you like it and is it worth the price? I was thinking of getting two due to the discount.

pirateink757

jimmydc wrote:You have one? How do you like it and is it worth the price? I was thinking of getting two due to the discount.

I love it, and find myself using it all the time. Definitely worth getting at least one, especially at this price.

jimmydc

pirateink757 wrote:I love it, and find myself using it all the time. Definitely worth getting at least one, especially at this price.

Thanks. One more question (if you don't mind): How long does the charger maintain its charge?

pirateink757

jimmydc wrote:Thanks. One more question (if you don't mind): How long does the charger maintain its charge?

I usually leave it in my golf bag for a month or even longer, and still charges my devices right up!!

wtfwtflol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wtfwtflol

I have both the 7000mah and 2000mah. They can charge my iPhone 5 no problems.

The 2,000mah one can charge it 0-75%

7,000mah one charges it about 2.5 times.

Hope it helps.

tapoutnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tapoutnc

Found a nice review...
http://www.pcworld.co.nz/article/481658/sony_cycleenergy_cp-els/

quacko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quacko

I am looking at this and wondering is is usable for an IPhone 4. I guess I am trying to figure out the if where you plug it in is the right size for this. Thanks.

pirateink757

quacko wrote:I am looking at this and wondering is is usable for an IPhone 4. I guess I am trying to figure out the if where you plug it in is the right size for this. Thanks.

You plug the usb side of your charging cable into the portable power. It will charge any phone with a usb cable and other devices.

sanduskyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanduskyd

I am confused - do they expect you to charge your iPhone with a miniUSB, or can you plug your regular USB charging cord into the unit (the same port you charge the unit to begin with)?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sanduskyd wrote:I am confused - do they expect you to charge your iPhone with a miniUSB, or can you plug your regular USB charging cord into the unit (the same port you charge the unit to begin with)?

For an iPhone, you would use the included microUSB cable to charge the device. You would then use your iPhone's cable to charge the phone.

That help?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sanduskyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanduskyd
ThunderThighs wrote:For an iPhone, you would use the included microUSB cable to charge the device. You would then use your iPhone's cable to charge the phone.

That help?

Ah! The micro USB charges the power stick! Got it!

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

If only they sold one with their proprietary plug included.

/has a Tablet S that will only ever charge in one place because by golly the two-part power cable is annoying and it's not like I can use any other cable besides the one type of Sony cable UGH ANYWAY

dcmerkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcmerkle

Does anyone know if this will charge a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 and how long it will take?

leoharper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages leoharper
dcmerkle wrote:Does anyone know if this will charge a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 and how long it will take?

The silver 7,000 mAh version will definitely charge a Galaxy tab 2 (or any other tablet!). Not sure how long it takes, but with 7,000 mAh, my experience says it won't take long, and should provide 5+ hours of added power! If you just plan to charge your phone up, I'd go for the 2,000 mAh version. If you plan to charge tablet &/or phone, you can do both with the 7,000 mAh...possibly even at the same time with the dual ports!