WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mr. Beams Lights

You're proud of your DVD collection. We are too. Owning "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean," "Mind the Baby, Mr. Bean," and "Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie" is no small feat. So show it off. Shine some light it. Boast your collection proudly, proclaiming that YOU are the biggest Mr. Bean fan. The world needs to know.

meinmaine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meinmaine

I have quite a few of these Mr. Beams lights and I'm ordering more. Though you can screw them in or use stickers to attach them, I just put them on the floor or a window or shelf in the area I want lit up.

They light the way to the bathroom without being bright enough to wake up other people; they provide enough light in the bathroom for a visit, but not so much as to wake you up in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't say this particular unit is right for a closet. It's not quite bright enough for that use and it doesn't cast a broad enough beam. But it's perfect for path lighting and late-night bathroom visits.

We also use them in the room where we watch TV/movies via projector. If you have to get up and leave the room, these illuminate the way without interfering other people's viewing.

What distinguishes the Mr. Beams from a lot of other motion-sensing lights I've used is their sensitivity. They detect motion from a good distance away and from the side or front. They stay lit for 20 seconds after they stop detecting motion, and I've found that a good length of time.

Battery life is good.

cricky101

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cricky101

I have four of the cabinet lights and will probably pick up a couple more. We use them in, well, cabinets. Particularly low or extra deep ones. Batteries seem to last a fairly long time if you set the "on" time to the shortest amount of time.

I haven't tried them in a closet yet, but am going to give it a try so my wife doesn't need to turn on the lights early in the morning to see in her clothes closet.

bowdenski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bowdenski

The MB980 is $21.60 on Amazon who also have a deal on two. Not much saving here vs Amazon prime.

hockachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockachu

Good reviews on the 722 on Amazon

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest

Cheaper to order two Mr. Beams MB330 Wireless LED Spotlight from Amazon...and that's how many I need. Not that it really matters, because they get my money either way...but still, kinda Dallas Cowboys pricing again WOOT

pinballtec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinballtec

I own several variations of these lights. 2 I use on a dark staircase and 3 others I use to light closets. They work wonderfully and if you use decent batteries you will get several months use at about 5 activations per day. I've had about 4 times now where the LED sticks on for some unknown reason and it drains the batteries. Once replaced, it goes back to normal operation.

extech01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01

? I have a curio cabinet that needs light on the lower half (separated by glass) on the cabinet.

I'm assuming these stick- but I need something I think that actually has a on/off button as well- Do any of these have manual operation as well as motion?

If you walked past the curio which is enclosed, I doubt the sensor would work and not sure I want it to, would it you think?

Any suggestions?