WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Got a pen on you?
  • 54.1% - Totally! Right here! 2305
  • 20.6% - Yeah, I think so, somewhere... 877
  • 25.3% - No, sorry 1078
4260 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Accelerator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Accelerator

It's a nice, medium point Waterford. Or, a medium point Papermate PhD. I'll let you borrow the Papermate, it's a great "disposable" but the Waterford never leaves my side.

dns12999

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dns12999

I'm not sure what the "ball point" of this poll is. da dun psh

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Numerous, even tho all our drafting is done on the computer now days, I've still got to correct prints. Our desks are primarily our old drafting boards with a pen(cil) tray.

trackzero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trackzero

My
pen is
in my hand.

monkeyanus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyanus

Rommney 2016!!! and Backman 2020!!!

Sign: Satan

(thanks to my trusty pen)

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Required to by my job (Though I'm sure that's with a lot of jobs)

They are useful tools to have.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I have plenty of pens but you didn't ask me if they work.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Funny you should mention - I made a gift basket / Flower arrangement of pens to my co-worker.

I'm thinking about putting similar ones up on Etsy. :D

drivernjax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drivernjax

The question was "Do you have a pen on you?". Since I tend to take things literally, I knew I didn't have a pen on my, but I do have one within arm's reach. Of course, I don't know why someone would come up with this poll.

januarymick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages januarymick

Always have a pen on me. Pet peeve is those who don't. Little trick I learned, if you have to lend your pen, hold on to the cap. It reminds the person borrowing it that the pen is not theirs.

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

Seems like an odd question. Are you going to write a book about this nonsense some day? (which would make sense of course)

jayjude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayjude

I also have a dragon.

My pen gave it to me

jeffiekins

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jeffiekins

I believe in pens. My current one uses Space Pen refills, so it writes on almost anything (even thermal receipts).

I usually spend $20-30 on my "carry pen." What I've found is that a good pen lasts at least 5 years, and if you really like it and have only one, you don't lose it.

I used one mechanical pencil from 10th grade through college, until it broke.

My first good pen was a Cross rollerball, which I used until it broke, and they replaced; the replacement is on my desk now.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I have a Fisher Space Pen that is part of my 'EDC kit'.

techkitsune

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkitsune

Sure I got one. I got about 40-50 of them, really. Fountain? Ball-point? Felt-tip? Calligraphy? Quill? Sharpie/Ticonderoga? Whatcha need?

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
januarymick wrote:Always have a pen on me. Pet peeve is those who don't. Little trick I learned, if you have to lend your pen, hold on to the cap. It reminds the person borrowing it that the pen is not theirs.

Well, I take everything out of my pockets when I go to bed. (Usually, I still have my flashlight for some reason... oh, and if I am away from home I leave everything in.) But a pencil is so much better than a pen. I keep my pens and pencils in my backpack latley as I never take notes anymore.

Still single, can't imagine why.