WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Rock Demarco Art

You might be wondering, what's Rock Demarco's process? How long does it take him to apply the fine features of a face, the colors of a background, and the lines necessary to replicate a famous image? What is it that takes him through the journey of idea to finished painting?
The answer: a few minutes.

longer1181

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longer1181

That cover page screenshot of the joker picture over the couch is misleading . . . the picture is only 26 inches wide which would make that the smallest couch I have ever seen . . .

how do you get badges, I've gotten a few bags of crap but the badge thing eludes me . . .

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Scary art...

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

First, let me say that I fully understand that art is subjective.

With that out of the way...

I can see why this crap ended up on woot. Who would buy this already outdated pop-culture garbage that's terribly poorly executed?

Yeah, I know. "Style". Well, the artist's "Style" sucks and is short-sighted.

Yes, I know he's a speed painter. Buying prints of his crap totally removes that only novelty making these pointless.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
longer1181 wrote:That cover page screenshot of the joker picture over the couch is misleading . . . the picture is only 26 inches wide which would make that the smallest couch I have ever seen . . .

Exactly what I just came in to post! That photo must be taken in a doll house.

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

It seems Woot! has been in the misleading business for quite some time now. I have commented several times over the several months about similar types of misleading pictures they post to advertise the products they are selling.

pitamuffin wrote:Exactly what I just came in to post! That photo must be taken in a doll house.

cr00kedview

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cr00kedview

Change the preview picture, woot, that size is extremely misleading.

Proud woot charter member

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about the banner photo guys. I guess it was the only life style photo the vendor had and we don't get samples of these.

Can we all pretend that it's a couch for a c̶o̶r̶g̶i̶ dachshund?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
pitamuffin wrote:Exactly what I just came in to post! That photo must be taken in a doll house.

HA! That's hilarious. That's like all those ads you saw in comic books in the old days. X-ray specs indeed!

http://www.oobject.com/12-deceptive-comic-book-ads/

airmaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airmaus

I love the new picture. Up next, Pop Culture Dachshund shows you his extensive bluray collection.

skinnermm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skinnermm

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
sneefy wrote:First, let me say that I fully understand that art is subjective.

With that out of the way...

I can see why this crap ended up on woot. Who would buy this already outdated pop-culture garbage that's terribly poorly executed?

Yeah, I know. "Style". Well, the artist's "Style" sucks and is short-sighted.

Yes, I know he's a speed painter. Buying prints of his crap totally removes that only novelty making these pointless.

I actually think the Frankenstein one is pretty damn cool, I'm just not willing to shell that much out for a 26" print.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

Dog helps, but it still looks pretty big. I saw that humongous Joker and I was instantly positive I wanted it. Then...

k3nd0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k3nd0

So this guy is the "world's fastest painter" apparently. Did the glicee take longer to make?

gdarb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdarb

Is that Lennon or Yoko?

first2summit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages first2summit

Poor man's LeRoy Neiman.

brian53newell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian53newell
GGA1759 wrote:It seems Woot! has been in the misleading business for quite some time now. I have commented several times over the several months about similar types of misleading pictures they post to advertise the products they are selling.

When I went back to look at the photo, it is clear that they enlarged the wiener dog to appear to be a larger breed. Nothing is sized evenly, the couch is clearly shrunk, the flowers are kind of in the middle, and the dog is way too large.

Spot on Woot, you are obviously flaunting your photoshop skills with this one.

koshhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koshhi

It's a cardboard dog. How is that misleading? I have four of those in my home.

LynxFX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LynxFX

I thought the Aston Martin one looked cool, so looked up the artist and found his website. Umm, no thanks. I don't think you could find a douchier looking novelty painter. The Freddy Krueger paint glove puts it over the top.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1863650

The "couch" is probably one of those furniture-style dog beds that Woot sometimes has, which are way too small for medium dogs, such as mine.

cappomutato

quality posts: 19 Private Messages cappomutato

I guess Brennan Opening is supposed to be Alice Cooper?

yay taco

armortite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armortite

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

you can book him for YOUR next function.

I always did like yardsales.