WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey, animal likers: it's Heavy Petting! Watch Woot all week for a celebration of domesticated animals and the people who keep them inside their homes for some reason.

If you hated this video, whatever you do, don't subscribe to Woot's Youtube channel! You'll just end up seeing more like it.

Quality Posts

• (12:50 AM, 10/14/2013) [STAFF] arismella sums up all of the awesomness...

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Doggies!!!

loatu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loatu

Dear Woot!,

Enough is enough, and it's time someone said something, and it looks like everyone else is too uncomfortable to do it, so I'll be "that guy". Seriously, quit with the shameless tacked on 20 second plea for subscriptions. It's annoying, it's tactless, and totally in line with what you guys normally do. That being said, allow me to give you some advice on how to get people to subscribe and/or watch your videos: Make good videos (which generally, you do, but sometimes...). That's pretty much it. Pet week aside, begging people to watch your videos doesn't get people to watch your videos. If it's good, people will watch it. The end.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

@loatu: The subscription info has been added because we've done a major spiffing on our YouTube WootChannel. We now have playlists of your favorite series like KidFoot, Mortimer & Monte, and more. Check it out!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

flyingchina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyingchina

I'm a cat person. I demand equal video time! Enough with the dogs already.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
loatu wrote:quit with the shameless tacked on 20 second plea for subscriptions. It's annoying, it's tactless, and totally in line with what you guys normally do ... begging people to watch your videos doesn't get people to watch your videos. If it's good, people will watch it. The end.

I basically agree with you! But the fact is, this click-to-subscribe sequence really HAS increased our subscription rate. It may be annoying, but it works. So we're probably sticking with it (or something like it). Fortunately, it's very easy to avoid; just close the video somewhat sooner than you might otherwise have.

flyingchina wrote:I'm a cat person. I demand equal video time! Enough with the dogs already.

I know, right? WHAT DO WE WANT? Cats in our videos! WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? Meow!

hangnloose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hangnloose

I just love WOOT! I just wish I had money to buy more stuff. I love your doggie stuff. I want I want I want ;)

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

But, but, but...what about those of us (weirdos) that have chickens as pets. I have 22 outdoor and 1 indoor chicken, that really need MORE spoiling.

flyingchina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyingchina
myfester wrote:But, but, but...what about those of us (weirdos) that have chickens as pets. I have 22 outdoor and 1 indoor chicken, that really need MORE spoiling.

One More Field Goal! My husband has a really, really mean grey Toulouse gander in the backyard, and even though he hates me (the gander, not my husband), I totally agree with equal time for chickens.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Wooters with backyard fowl who are willing to appear in a video on our site -- and who live within an hour's drive of Seattle, WA -- should send me a PM.

If you're a Wooter who meets the above criteria except that you live elsewhere, you can PM me too. But I bet it'll be longer before I come shoot video of you, if it ever even happens.