Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

quality posts: 2905 Private Messages lichme

Take a look at info, reviews and more on the Product Page

ChillerK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChillerK

Cool. Can I cancel the last one I ordered on Woot that still hasn't shipped and get this instead?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis

I've been wanting this since it came out. So what I am going to do is.... go to bed. When I wake up and still want this (I have the Samsung Tab) I will take the plunge. I hope there are some worthy reviews from people who have this. Good night!!!

Touch me in the morning!!

conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a review

nicsmith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicsmith

Does this have a built in aircard or whatever that would be called to be able to add this to a Verizon data plan?

conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

No HDMI, No USB ports.

scotchnsodie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotchnsodie
dliidlii wrote:No HDMI, No USB ports.

Spec page says it has USB 2.0.

dealstalker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dealstalker

Woot & Amazon specs say MicroSD up to 32GB.

Samsung's website specs indicate SD card up to 32GB and MicroSD up to 64GB.

Could somebody from Woot confirm if this accepts MicroSD (or MicroSDHC) up to 64GB? That would make this a screaming deal for me, if it is the case...

Gsound

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gsound
dealstalker wrote:Woot & Amazon specs say MicroSD up to 32GB.

Could somebody from Woot confirm if this accepts MicroSD (or MicroSDHC) up to 64GB? That would make this a screaming deal for me, if it is the case...

I am typing this on the Samsung 10.1 Note I got on woot! last year. I love this thing!

Yes it takes MicroSD. The stylus functions are awesome. USB 2 via the charging cable works great BUT NOT with Macs. It hates my Mac SO MUCH. But transferring files from my PC is a snap including ripped DVDs to the MicroSD cards for long flights.

The speakers are surprisingly good, and as far as I know, this wifi only and not for carriers like Verizon and Sprint, etc.

Also, lastly, reading comic books on this thing is a great experience as is Hulu and Netflix and Google Play viseos. Btw, the battery life is great and fully charges in about an hour or so with the tablet off.

Lastly, lastly, I've written 20 page research paper drafts on this thing because of its easy multitasking (suck it iPad!) between Evernote and a browser and Skitch. Can't say enough good things about it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dealstalker wrote:Woot & Amazon specs say MicroSD up to 32GB.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have spoken with Woot Staff, but we've haven't yet found an answer.
We will verify in the morning and let you guys know.

Thanks for the inquiry! :D

quickhonda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quickhonda

I have a 64Gb card in mine and it works no problem at all but the trick is to get the right one since some folks have had issues with them. Heres the exact one I used.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WTAJTO/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

p.s. this tablet rocks, especially for college.

Irregularcog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Irregularcog

I've been really considering the Samsung tablets, and especially the note since it has the stylus, can someone tell me something though, with android apps, if you aren't running the most recent build do you get left behind? (like crashing and other issues) Because even though this is last years model the processor is pretty good

bldkcstark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bldkcstark
Irregularcog wrote:I've been really considering the Samsung tablets, and especially the note since it has the stylus, can someone tell me something though, with android apps, if you aren't running the most recent build do you get left behind? (like crashing and other issues) Because even though this is last years model the processor is pretty good

Android does not have a problem with past model compatibility. Almost all apps that are available now have all been written to be compatible back to version 2.3. This Tab should have no problems.

I use an HP Touchpad to run Android and never see issues with apps crashing due to hardware OR software compatibility.

Woot!

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

Just bought the Asus VivoTab on the 5th for $280. Anyone want to tell me how much better off I am or what a big mistake I made and would be better off with this?

dfran1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1

yes it takes a micro 64 gig card, I have the sandisk version in mine as I type this for you all!
I personally have not read of any 64gig cards it does not take, but again I but the class 10 sandisk cards so..

This device is very quick, it has the 2 gig ram you, all need and 16 gig is a minimum storage, I have the 32 gig version. You will not need 32 gig unless you play lots of big games. I do like to have it anyway tho, just checked now and I have 12 gig free, now this is internal not your sd card!

if you dont mind rooting the device as I did mine then you can use an app called "gl to sd" in the play store to move big games to your sd card, I have ised it on my phone and it works with most big games.

The case this comes with is very nice and thin, the down side to it is its thin and not that protected when dropped so if you tend to drop your gadgets get some other case that has protection, it will add bulk but at least its protected!

I have a usb adapter for it that I purchased off amazon that reads and writes fat 32 and ntfs, but only ntfs with root and this app "USB OTG HELPER".

Now there are a bunch of file managers that allow you to tranfer files thu wifi so look into that instead of direct connect, much easier.

now I also have the 8" and 10.1"note by samsung, bothe are great but prefer the larger.

Yes they have a new 10.1 2014 edition but get this one now then next year by that one at this same price and you have 2 for just about the same as the new one now! or wait longer and get a future one, I am not saying this is a bad purchase at all, just saying for those who have to have the latest and greatest and cant swing the extra money.

speakers on this is perfect in the front, this is one major design this older version has over the new 2014 edition, I still cant believe samsung moved the speakers on the new 2014 edition, I dont even want one just cause of that!

I purchased a dock for some older samsung 7" device that works great for hdmi and to supply power to the tab at once, off ebay for something like $10, and I also have the samsung allshare cast device and both methods work great! on getting everything you do on your device to the screen!

Oh one last thing for now, buy printer share in the app store, between that and google print you cant print anywhere (directly to most newer printers).

xenocidexxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenocidexxx

What options are there for HDMI out?

ibontop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibontop

Yes, take Micro not standard sd. Mine has 64 no prob. As far as hdmi, they sell an adapter to take the charging/data port to hdmi out pretty cheap. Also sell an adapter to take that port to female usb. I recently bought the white version of this on amazon after much review. Am very satisfied.

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

Once you break down and buy one you may be wondering about how to do cool things with S Note - the included notes app - such as how to annotate PDF files, how to change the appearance of the pen, how to resize drawings within your notes, etc. This web site , with videos filmed by a college student using the Note in class to keep up with Organic Chemistry lectures, has lots of good tips and tricks.

I am a college teacher and use mine daily for keeping up with lecture notes, PowerPoints and meeting notes. I no longer have legal pads everywhere. Exporting S Note notes into Evernote, I have a searchable record of everything I've written. Evernote can search handwritten notes for content. Awesome combination.

bryane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bryane
rydethis wrote:I've been wanting this since it came out. So what I am going to do is.... go to bed. When I wake up and still want this (I have the Samsung Tab) I will take the plunge. I hope there are some worthy reviews from people who have this. Good night!!!

There really should be some way to link us all to an auction website so that we can pick up each other's cast-offs. Perhaps a "rewoot" category?

dfran1

this is the dock that works with the 10.1 on woot today
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-HDMI-Multi-Media-Desktop/dp/B004DB7ZZK
I purchased mine off ebay but an amazon seller has them now, you will have to cut the sides (or trim them) for the tab to fit in the cradle if you use that, I do not, or even just take the guts out and black tape or heat shrink the wires.

You need this cable to use the dock with our tv hdmi!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ES5ZRS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This adapter allows me to use any micro usb cable to charge the note 10.1 properly, but a 2A charger is needed for quick chargeing like the one samsung gives with the note 10.1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZQKMDA/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the USB adapter for your usb flash drives, etc..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00825R6ZM/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a great 4 usb wall charger with one port that is note 10.1 complient, and I use this daily at night for 4 devices including the note10.1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CCYZ0FM/ref=oh_details_o09_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is a great car charger with lots of Amps but you need that micro usb adapter above I listed for it to work properly with this!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071OU76U/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the best screen protector hands down, yes it is a finger print magnet, but a damp bath towel has cleaned it perfectly for me and I have NO SCRATCHES to date on it with spen use also!!!!! I have tried many of the major expensive brands, trust me, save your money or give it to me and buy this, I even tried tempered glass ones (i do use tempered on my phone, note 2, but that is because I paid soooo much for it and refuse to change it, so I can get my money worth, but the tempered glass has minor scratches and this cheap one does not and the quality is equal!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085V61HW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this case for work, very protective, does make the device thicker, a lot but that is what I wanted, Protection!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008L33VPY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please people do not buy any other long cable for your note 10.1 but this one!!! I have tried them and altho they do work, they DO NOT charge at the rate as the cable you get with the note 10.1. This cable is very thick and very long, I use it at night all the time for charging, it charges the same as the samsung supplied!!! (only took a week to arive in usa for me)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3M-10ft-LONG-THICK-USB-data-cable-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-N8000-N8010-/300915902297?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item460ffc4759

this is some great ways to apply screen protectors!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oJX99p3kEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7f5dt0et8

The easiest way to ROOT (at least for us)
Just load the app and press with your finger!! also use superSU not the other!!
This will void your warranty if you leave it rooted and on the device if you have to warranty the note 10.1, so remove it first if possible, and read all the other warnings, but to me a rooted android is twice the device rooted!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Gl to SD app to move games to sd card (root needed!!)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp

this is the app needed to read and wright NTFS (root needed!!)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.shajul.usbotg

Quill app, very great note taking app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.write.Quill

Quickoffice I use this a lot now and have others, but so far I prefer this, its free and google gives you up to 15 gig for your free google drive, so at least download it!!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quickoffice.android

I use a bunch of browsers, like chrome beta and firefox beta, to me they are betas but work better to me, firefox you can find but they hide the chrome beta so here it is
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.beta

I use titanium backup (root required) and I use smooth sync for contacts and calendar so it syncs with my mac computers or IOS that I am getting rid of till crapple starts innovating, or even if they ever innovate again, this is very doubtful at this point.

I hope this all helps!!!
save these links at the least!!

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
killroy108 wrote:Just bought the Asus VivoTab on the 5th for $280. Anyone want to tell me how much better off I am or what a big mistake I made and would be better off with this?

Not to rain on your parade, but the Windows 8 RT is the worst possible OS. It is unable to run "normal" windows desktop programs without convoluted trickery. It is a basic web browser. Beyond that it has very limited capability.

This is a pretty solid unit overall, and competes well with the Nexus line.

gandalas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandalas
woottoady wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but the Windows 8 RT is the worst possible OS. It is unable to run "normal" windows desktop programs without convoluted trickery. It is a basic web browser. Beyond that it has very limited capability.

This is a pretty solid unit overall, and competes well with the Nexus line.

I am personally waiting on one of the multitude of windows 8.1 tablets that are starting to come out.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Transformer-T100TA-C1-GR-10-1-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00FFJ0HUE#productDetails

Here is the new transformer which ships this thursday - brand new with the new Intel Atom baytrail processor, with 64 gigs of HD space and a full detachable Keyboard for only $399. Screw apps, this thing can run pretty much any program that you can run on a normal Windows PC. Now THAT is what I am talking about.

(Edit: It comes with a full version of Microsoft Office as well.)

dfran1

gandalas wrote:I am personally waiting on one of the multitude of windows 8.1 tablets that are starting to come out.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Transformer-T100TA-C1-GR-10-1-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00FFJ0HUE#productDetails

Here is the new transformer which ships this thursday - brand new with the new Intel Atom baytrail processor, with 64 gigs of HD space and a full detachable Keyboard for only $399. Screw apps, this thing can run pretty much any program that you can run on a normal Windows PC. Now THAT is what I am talking about.

(Edit: It comes with a full version of Microsoft Office as well.)

you go buy that 64 gig thing and run that one program, if you want it to run anything more then we need 250 gig versions!!

gandalas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gandalas
dfran1 wrote:you go buy that 64 gig thing and run that one program, if you want it to run anything more then we need 250 gig versions!!

Well, there is a MicroSD slot, so up to 64 gigs of additional memory is available via that means. There is also a micro-USB port, so just about any portable Hard-drive you own should work out of the box(as it is full windows 8.1, not some crappy Mobile O/S). There is also unlimited Cloud storage for the first year.

So trust me, Storage space will be the LEAST of your concerns.

cyclefreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclefreak

Bluetooth capable out of the box, or not?

According to the specs, it seems an adapter is required. Seems dumb to me - bluetooth keyboard is a natural fit for tablet like this.

donjuevas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donjuevas
dfran1 wrote:you go buy that 64 gig thing and run that one program, if you want it to run anything more then we need 250 gig versions!!

8.1 on my machine weights in at 16 gigs. Office 2013 at 3 gigs.

So you would still have 44 gigs to play around with.

spenc938

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spenc938

Ah what the hell, I'm in for one. It's been a while since I've bought anything on Woot. What are the shipping times lately?

kidcooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidcooley
spenc938 wrote:Ah what the hell, I'm in for one. It's been a while since I've bought anything on Woot. What are the shipping times lately?

I'm not sure but I ordered this tablet from this a week and a half ago, and I haven't gotten a tracking, or shipping confirmation yet, and can't seem to get a response to woot customer service concerning a refund.

[MOD: We're working on it but note that this is a different vendor.]

bevlowen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bevlowen
bryane wrote:There really should be some way to link us all to an auction website so that we can pick up each other's cast-offs. Perhaps a "rewoot" category?

Try eBay.

BLowen

mldear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mldear

I have never purchased anything from WOOT or purchased a factory reconditioned item. If there are issues with the tablet, can it be returned to WOOT or will Samsung fix any issues?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mldear wrote:I have never purchased anything from WOOT or purchased a factory reconditioned item. If there are issues with the tablet, can it be returned to WOOT or will Samsung fix any issues?

Welcome!

This tablet comes with a 90-day Nuko warranty. Nuko is the company Samsung contracts with to re-certify their tablets. You would contact Nuko for warranty service.

You can also purchase extended coverage through SquareTrade. There's a link on the sale's page (may require Flash).

You may find our Woot FAQ helpful.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

petuniamullis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petuniamullis

I bought the Note 10.1 in June and LOVE it except for one VERY frustrating issue - Citrix Receiver will not load the apps. Or at least my company's set up for Ctirix Receiver will not work correctly. Check with your IT department if you have any inclinations toward this use.

If anyone has the fix for the Citrix Receiver issue, please let me know! I am now considering selling mine for another brand (iPad? Surface?) that I know will work for this use.

I use this bluetooth keyboard with mine and find it absolutely perfect. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ONMDYE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine didn't come with a cover so purchased this one instead and like it as well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BHNNU6U/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rocque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque

I am starting online university classes and need to submit content in MS Word. I would definitely like a tablet to work on so I can take it with me and am not stuck working at home. Will this work to do research and then get my writing into a MS Word document?

beach613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beach613
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. I have spoken with Woot Staff, but we've haven't yet found an answer.
We will verify in the morning and let you guys know.

Thanks for the inquiry! :D

Samsung confirmed that "Yes, GT-N8013 supports SD card storage up to 64GB".

dfran1

gandalas wrote:Well, there is a MicroSD slot, so up to 64 gigs of additional memory is available via that means. There is also a micro-USB port, so just about any portable Hard-drive you own should work out of the box(as it is full windows 8.1, not some crappy Mobile O/S). There is also unlimited Cloud storage for the first year.

So trust me, Storage space will be the LEAST of your concerns.

Its funny how you say crappy mobile os, when we had to live with crappy winblows versions for years, talk about crap.

Now we have have a great compact small os that actually works and it took them a handful of years to get to this point vs. micro crap 30 years. We have usb support also (from my posts above)!! The only thing we (android) don't have is .............. let me try to come up with something..........

Wait ..... Oh yea we have Windows RT that microcrap is trying to shove to us, but it is not going nowhere so now they are giving them away (practically) just like they do with office (they give big companies great deals on when office does not sell well) to FORCE all of to use microcrap stuff!!
But the sad part is we can not get these deals they offer the big companies. So we get shafted on.

Please people wake up, stop being drones!!!

If you don't believe me go look it up, the prof is all over the web!!!

YES the note 10.1 has bluetooth, GPS, wifi...!

Whatever you decide it is still a semi free country, its your money, buy what you want!

dfran1

rocque wrote:I am starting online university classes and need to submit content in MS Word. I would definitely like a tablet to work on so I can take it with me and am not stuck working at home. Will this work to do research and then get my writing into a MS Word document?

Yes, please read my posts above, but there are a few options and the tablet comes with polaris office, but at least get the google one just for the storage. It does take a little to get used to as do all new software, but not that long,