willis146


quality posts: 0 Private Messages willis146
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome!

This tablet comes with a 90-day Nuko warranty. Nuko is the company Samsung contracts with to re-certify their tablets. You would contact Nuko for warranty service.

You can also purchase extended coverage through SquareTrade. There's a link on the sale's page (may require Flash).

You may find our Woot FAQ helpful.



Do I have to purchase the Square Trade coverage immediately? Or can this be put off for a few days / weeks?? I have never dealt with them, or any extended svc. plan before. Seem legit though (:

bridger80


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bridger80

Can anyone comment on Samsung Galaxy Note vs Asus Transformer?

lclin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lclin

Can the tablet use phone sim card?If not wifi,Is the tablet use the Internet?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

willis146 wrote:Do I have to purchase the Square Trade coverage immediately? Or can this be put off for a few days / weeks?? I have never dealt with them, or any extended svc. plan before. Seem legit though (:

That's a SqTr decision but I "think" you have 30 days. The link will still be on the sale when you come back to it.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

chipsq2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipsq2
dfran1 wrote:Its funny how you say crappy mobile os, when we had to live with crappy winblows versions for years, talk about crap.

Now we have have a great compact small os that actually works and it took them a handful of years to get to this point vs. micro crap 30 years. We have usb support also (from my posts above)!! The only thing we (android) don't have is .............. let me try to come up with something..........


Wait ..... Oh yea we have Windows RT that microcrap is trying to shove to us, but it is not going nowhere so now they are giving them away (practically) just like they do with office (they give big companies great deals on when office does not sell well) to FORCE all of to use microcrap stuff!!
But the sad part is we can not get these deals they offer the big companies. So we get shafted on.

Please people wake up, stop being drones!!!

If you don't believe me go look it up, the prof is all over the web!!!

YES the note 10.1 has bluetooth, GPS, wifi...!

Whatever you decide it is still a semi free country, its your money, buy what you want!




Since this has GPS can you use it for navigation without wifi or data plan?

sunaness


quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
cyclefreak wrote:Bluetooth capable out of the box, or not?

According to the specs, it seems an adapter is required. Seems dumb to me - bluetooth keyboard is a natural fit for tablet like this.



Bought mine off ebay and bluetooth works with a tap of an option, so I'd say it's safe to assume yes, bluetooth capable out of the box.

rocque


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque
ChillerK wrote:Any updates from this phone call? I, too, bought one on Woot and am yet without shipping info... or a tablet, for that matter.



Before I order one, it would be great to know if people are receiving them, or is it a waiting process for a refurbished one?

gragonative


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gragonative

Does this one come with stylus touch pen, or do I have to buy extra one?
For example:
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Samsung-Galaxy-Genuine--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381767293&sr=1-1&keywords=original+galaxy+note+10.1+pen

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rocque wrote:Before I order one, it would be great to know if people are receiving them, or is it a waiting process for a refurbished one?

Today's item is from a different vendor.

We are still working with the other vendor to find out about shipping from the previous sale. I will post updates in that thread when I have more information.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dfran1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1
gragonative wrote:Does this one come with stylus touch pen, or do I have to buy extra one?
For example:
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Samsung-Galaxy-Genuine--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381767293&sr=1-1&keywords=original+galaxy+note+10.1+pen



Yes this comes with one spen

In the box:

Samsung GT-N8013 Galaxy Note 16GB 10.1 with Wi-Fi
Samsung Book Cover Stand Case
S Pen
Docking Connector to USB Cable
Power Supply

dfran1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1
chipsq2 wrote:Since this has GPS can you use it for navigation without wifi or data plan?



Yes, but not all apps store that info, you need tomtom or some other gps app for that, just make sure when you do purchase one or get one it stores all map data on the device, but keep in mind that storage usually takes up to 2 gig.

Now tomtom is not cheap but there are other options, I have not searched but here is a start

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.uscanada

Now you do need wifi to load it once !!

more here but read the info it should tell you!

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=gps%20offline%20navigatiion&c=apps

Debelli


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Debelli

Electronically challenged and clueless even though I've tried to look up various tablets to know what to choose for myself. Trying to replace an antiquated laptop with something lightweight, that I can watch shows on the internet on, and take with me on trips, nothing fancy needed. The more I look, the more confused I seem to get!

Does anyone know what the battery life is on this?

Is there a way to charge this while in the car?

Refurbished...I see them all over the internet, are there THAT many refurbished units around that they can continually offer them, and can you tell a refurbished unit from one that's not?

Can the tablet be hooked up to a HDMI tv to view what you have playing on the ?

TIA for any help. Trying to teach this old dog a new trick, just need a little help.

suebob4001


quality posts: 1 Private Messages suebob4001

Samsung XE500T1C-A04US ATIV Smart PC 500T - 11.6" 64GB Slate Tablet (Tablet Only)

Bought for $399 4 months ago
Would this one be an improvement
Also bot the bluetooth keyboard later
Only thing I dislike is no stand, slippery little devil

write in crayon, i try to stay only 5 years behind current technology

tardette


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tardette
ThunderThighs wrote:Today's item is from a different vendor.

We are still working with the other vendor to find out about shipping from the previous sale. I will post updates in that thread when I have more information.



So do you have a real estimate on when this round will ship out? I purchased one this morning and would like to have it within 2 weeks....

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tardette wrote:So do you have a real estimate on when this round will ship out? I purchased one this morning and would like to have it within 2 weeks....

Per the sale, it should ship in 3-5 business days (that doesn't mean received). That estimate is usually spot on.

Again, this is a different vendor than the other sale a few wooters are talking about. We're working to resolve that situation now.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jeffhynes57


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffhynes57

I see this same tablet on Walmart.com for $10 more. That ad says it comes loaded with Word, Excel and Power Point. Someone mentioned this comes with Polaris office. Is Walmart full of BS or is it possibly one of those 30 trial things? Does this one come with word? i would imagine those 3 apps would be worth $10 if you consider the shipping is free.

morriea


quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
jeffhynes57 wrote:I see this same tablet on Walmart.com for $10 more. That ad says it comes loaded with Word, Excel and Power Point. Someone mentione dthis comes with Polaris office. Is Walmart full of BS or is it possibly one of those 30 trial things? Does this one come with word? i would imagine those 3 apps would be worth $10 if you consider the shipping is free.



NO Android tablet has Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Those are Windows programs and will NOT run on an Android OS.

That being said there are compatible Android alternatives. Quick Office (a FREE Google product) is compatible and does the conversion painlessly.

kidcooley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidcooley
ThunderThighs wrote:Per the sale, it should ship in 3-5 business days (that doesn't mean received). That estimate is usually spot on.

Again, this is a different vendor than the other sale a few wooters are talking about. We're working to resolve that situation now.



I know you guys are said to be working on this situation, but after hours of "working on the situation" have you come up with a possible solution? What does the refund process look like? I'm sure this is an option correct?

donjuevas


quality posts: 1 Private Messages donjuevas
morriea wrote:NO Android tablet has Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. Those are Windows programs and will NOT run on an Android OS.

That being said there are compatible Android alternatives. Quick Office (a FREE Google product) is compatible and does the conversion painlessly.



Little bit clueless are we?

Android phones have an office app from MS that works, and then tablets can you use Office 365 from the cloud.

I use osx, windows, android, and linux in the real world, I do not hate on any, just those that do not know the facts.

manhandsha


quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

kidcooley wrote:I know you guys are said to be working on this situation, but after hours of "working on the situation" have you come up with a possible solution? What does the refund process look like? I'm sure this is an option correct?



As soon as we know how this issue will be resolved, we'll let you guys know, promise!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

theindiearmy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theindiearmy

I got this on the last Woot sale and this has recently replaced my iPad gen 4 as my daily driver. I also have the Nexus 10 and Surface RT and the Galaxy Note is probably my favorite of the bunch.

ofscience


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ofscience

I want to buy this but I'm not sure it can be shipped to me. I e-mailed support this morning and haven't gotten an answer yet, and I would like to buy this Galaxynote before they're gone.

I live in an apartment building with no call box. UPS is an absolute nightmare to me and Fedex says that won't deliver here. USPS works fine (they have a key to the building) and Ontrac at least calls my cell phone when they are outside. When I order things from Amazon, I have to use their locker option, because they contract the shipment out to whoever is cheapest. Is there any way to know who will be carrying this package? Or is there any way to designate that it be held at my local post office?

dfran1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1
Debelli wrote:Electronically challenged and clueless even though I've tried to look up various tablets to know what to choose for myself. Trying to replace an antiquated laptop with something lightweight, that I can watch shows on the internet on, and take with me on trips, nothing fancy needed. The more I look, the more confused I seem to get!

Does anyone know what the battery life is on this?

Is there a way to charge this while in the car?

Refurbished...I see them all over the internet, are there THAT many refurbished units around that they can continually offer them, and can you tell a refurbished unit from one that's not?

Can the tablet be hooked up to a HDMI tv to view what you have playing on the ?

TIA for any help. Trying to teach this old dog a new trick, just need a little help.



battery life is great!! I have one day used it for playing some games surfing and lots of office type of work for about 10 hours and it was in the red (meaning at 10 hours I still had some battery left) but I did notice that about half way thru the day and did shut the screen down when not needed but for the first 5 hours of no screen off at all, I would say I got a good 8+hours of battery life.

Charging see my long post on page one here. you need the dc charger and that adapter and a micro usb cord or you could just get a samsung car charger.

The hdmi thing is also in my post but you could get the samsung one here
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EAD-T10JDEGSTA
it does cost a lot more than my other method but with the samsung no cables needed, from the note 10.1 to the device, the device does come with an hdmi cable and I purchased mine for $50, or use the method in my post on page 1.

I do not know why there are lots refurbished, all I can think of is many people purchased these for the $500-$600 price and decided to get something cheaper, but at this price it is a great deal, of course it would be better if it cost less, but the quad core processor and 2 gig with 16 gig storage is plenty powerful for the price, the spen is a great thing in these also, I can not believe it actually can understand my chicken scratch for handwriting, it is 97% correct most of the time, just amazing!!

I purchased mine off amazon and I have the 32 gig version, as I am an app lover, but I do have the note 8 and apps on it that I use and not store like on my note 10.1 also refurbished for $100 more than this one but 32 gig.

morriea


quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
donjuevas wrote:Little bit clueless are we?

Android phones have an office app from MS that works, and then tablets can you use Office 365 from the cloud.

I use osx, windows, android, and linux in the real world, I do not hate on any, just those that do not know the facts.



Correct (kinda). There is no MS Office App that runs on an Android Tablet (I should have been more specific - phones with 4.0 or higher are supported). On a tablet (like the poster was quoting Walmart as having)it is not an App on the tablet. It is a CLOUD solution. You can do the work on a tablet. but it requires you to be connected to the internet.

"Office 365 account and setup necessary. Data connection required. Storage limits and carrier fees apply"

jumcdona


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
morriea wrote:Correct (kinda). There is no MS Office App that runs on an Android Tablet (I should have been more specific - phones with 4.0 or higher are supported). On a tablet (like the poster was quoting Walmart as having)it is not an App on the tablet. It is a CLOUD solution. You can do the work on a tablet. but it requires you to be connected to the internet.

"Office 365 account and setup necessary. Data connection required. Storage limits and carrier fees apply"



I use OfficeSuite 7 app on my Android phone and tablet to view and work on Word, Excel and PowerPoint projects. So while this isn't an official MS Office app, it is a MS Office app offered by Mobi.

daredevilcheer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daredevilcheer
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's watch a review



DOES IT HAVE A USB PORT OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY A USB ADAPTER. THE VIDEO WAS GREAT BY THE WAY. IT LOOKS GREAT!!!
DEREK GIANDOLFI@att.net

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

beach613 wrote:Samsung confirmed that "Yes, GT-N8013 supports SD card storage up to 64GB".



Yeah, thanks for the update (and I'm sorry it took forever to post)

Just to clarify, the sale has been updated and YES it takes up to 64GB SDHC.

Thanks for all the assistance you guys! :D

dfran1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1
daredevilcheer wrote:DOES IT HAVE A USB PORT OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY A USB ADAPTER. THE VIDEO WAS GREAT BY THE WAY. IT LOOKS GREAT!!!
DEREK GIANDOLFI@att.net



yes you need an adapter read my long post on page one, I gave you all a link.

akmiller100


quality posts: 1 Private Messages akmiller100

Can you tether to a verizon phone for service?

It does not list GPS in specs or features- does it have as someone suggested?

jimmyjames007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmyjames007

Fellow wooters little info on this samsung product.I have had the galaxy note 10.1 wifi series model number GT-N8013 since its first day on the grid. I couldnt explain how great and effiecent this tablet is. With out hesitation I would buy the balance but I own 3 of them myself. The main tablet from sday one has been used everyday no joke doing graphic art web you name it it has been put through my tourture. I can bet it has been turned off maybe a dozen times since I opened the box> If you run the settings like I do then you will get amazing battery life. I edit all my photos and draw everything on here. I use a mouse a blutooth keyboard and keep it connected with my s3 and s4. An Questions drop me a line i can send pics of artwork done and sold from this tablet.

Jimmy gs3 photography

daredevilcheer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daredevilcheer

can u attach a keyboard?

brows141


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brows141
daredevilcheer wrote:can u attach a keyboard?



Read the previous comments. As a matter of fact the previous comment tells you that he is running a keyboard and a mouse.

phlak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phlak

I hope we don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship now. I still haven't got my last one I ordered.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

phlak wrote:I hope we don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship now. I still haven't got my last one I ordered.

Check the thread for that sale. I've been giving updates.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

willis146 wrote:Do I have to purchase the Square Trade coverage immediately? Or can this be put off for a few days / weeks?? I have never dealt with them, or any extended svc. plan before. Seem legit though (:


That is a question for SquareTrade but I've heard you have 30 days.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

phlak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phlak

Thank you Thunder!!

Wootificator


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wootificator

Dang, mine arrived yesterday without so much as an email to let me know it shipped...I love how quick it got here, but the wife almost saw it before I got home from work Woot! What are you trying to do, ruin Christmas?!?

I can haz moar fireworkz please?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wootificator wrote:Dang, mine arrived yesterday without so much as an email to let me know it shipped...I love how quick it got here, but the wife almost saw it before I got home from work Woot! What are you trying to do, ruin Christmas?!?


Wow, it was picked up yesterday and delivered today. They haven't even had time to get us the tracking file. Not sure what we can do about ridiculously fast shipping.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kennyg12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennyg12

Bought this item thru Pay Pal on the 14th, my account was charged for the total amount have been waiting for it since the day I bought it then I got a e-mail this am saying I canceled the order Bull S--t I didn't cancel it I want it, cannot contact anyone at Woot and e-mailed 2 times with no result Which Team Fumbles? Is Woot doing a Bernie Maddorf Or what........

Debelli


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Debelli

Can you tell us where your geographic location is? I'm hoping to get mine before Wed., but it still says it's still getting ready for shipment.

If you got a chance to look at it, can you tell us what the condition looks like??

TIA

Wootificator wrote:Dang, mine arrived yesterday without so much as an email to let me know it shipped...I love how quick it got here, but the wife almost saw it before I got home from work Woot! What are you trying to do, ruin Christmas?!?