WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ollie Digital Watches

If you're going to wear a watch in this day and age, it darn tootin' better be stylish. It's lucky for you that these digital watches look good anywhere. Darn lucky. Pardon our French.

cjcarello23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjcarello23

WHAT IS THE CASE SIZE IN MILLIMETERS (MM), PLEASE? THX.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cjcarello23 wrote:WHAT IS THE CASE SIZE IN MILLIMETERS (MM), PLEASE? THX.

We have a truckload of watches in this sale. Could you give me a link to the one you're interested in?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sarag693

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarag693

How about this one:

http://www.woot.com/offers/epic-grey

Looks like it's smaller? Don't want to end up with a huge watch on a little wrist ^_^

cjcarello23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjcarello23

http://www.woot.com/offers/storm-black-yellow

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

cjcarello23 wrote:http://www.woot.com/offers/storm-black-yellow

I emailed the buyer for you and @sarag693 to see about the case sizes. I'll update you when I hear back.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

m2graphics

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2graphics

Woot, you do realize these watches are TOTAL rip-offs of Casio watches, right? Same shapes, similar colors, half the function. Why is Woot supporting these products?

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
m2graphics wrote:Woot, you do realize these watches are TOTAL rip-offs of Casio watches, right? Same shapes, similar colors, half the function. Why is Woot supporting these products?

I'm going to guess for profit. I could be wrong though.

I always did like yardsales.

willyone

quality posts: 25 Private Messages willyone

Looking around I see the size of the case for the 'Epic' line of Ollie's is 41mm. I also found 2 used Ollie 'Storm' watches selling on ebay for $35 & $39. Regarding 'm2graphics' comments about rip offs, I think value is where you find it and if these are serviceable watches @ a good value, where's the beef?

dafunkman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dafunkman

Do any of these watches have mineral crystal for the crystal instead of acrylic? The only one I could find these specs on was the Shark, and it's acrylic. Ollie does make other models in the same MSRP range with mineral crystal, so I'm hoping that one of these has that feature.

willyone

dafunkman wrote:Do any of these watches have mineral crystal for the crystal instead of acrylic? The only one I could find these specs on was the Shark, and it's acrylic. Ollie does make other models in the same MSRP range with mineral crystal, so I'm hoping that one of these has that feature.

One nice thing about most of these watches is the case housing protrudes well beyond the face. If you were to say brush up against a wall the housing would protect the "crystal" from making contact and being damaged. I don't know about you but if I spend $8 or $10 dollars on a watch, whether it has a 5 yr. warranty or not, I don't plan on spending any time or money returning it for repair. If I were paying MSRP I would but at this price point I consider them throw-aways if they become damaged beyond a certain point.

foxtrot3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages foxtrot3

What the heck is Digital dual?

Turxey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turxey

My guess is digital readout & Analog arms

foxtrot3 wrote:What the heck is Digital dual?

willyone

Turxey wrote:My guess is digital readout & Analog arms

Wouldn't he be talking about the rarely seen and often misunderstood DIGILOG? Nah!!! What are you thinking? When did you ever know me to think? Your a dimwit! Aw, shut up!

summernight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages summernight

Does it bother anybody else, that in all of these watch pictures, the analog time doesn't match the digital time?

goldiesmarv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldiesmarv

Water resistant to 30m? I had no idea they even still made 30m watches. Saw these and thought they might be nice for rafting, when you don't want to risk smashing a good watch on a rock. But you can't even take these things in the shower.

willyone

summernight wrote:Does it bother anybody else, that in all of these watch pictures, the analog time doesn't match the digital time?

Know what ya mean! Then got to figuring that's what they mean by dual time, hands can show one time zone and digital another. Pretty cool for people who use when traveling.

willyone

goldiesmarv wrote:Water resistant to 30m? I had no idea they even still made 30m watches. Saw these and thought they might be nice for rafting, when you don't want to risk smashing a good watch on a rock. But you can't even take these things in the shower.

Water resistant to 30 meters, 100 ft., seems pretty common these days. I think most dress, casual and sport watches (ie/ non dive watches) are only rated 100 to 300 ft. That just means resistant to water infitration when the atmospheric pressure exerted is equivalent to that found at a depth of 100 ft. or less. In actuality you could dive into a swimming pool and areas of the watch could experience pressures higher than that and end up allowing water to infiltrate the watch. I think it would be pretty tough though to exert more than the 100 ft. equivalent pressure on the watch in a shower.

goldiesmarv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldiesmarv
willyone wrote:I think most dress, casual and sport watches (ie/ non dive watches) are only rated 100 to 300 ft... I think it would be pretty tough though to exert more than the 100 ft. equivalent pressure on the watch in a shower.

There's a big difference between 100 and 300 feet. Almost any industry standard water resistance chart will tell you anything less than 50m (ie simply "water resistant") is safe for hand washing or occasional splashes but shouldn't even be used for showering.

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/wat/water_resistance/

The equivalent Casio watch is 100m.
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-AE1000W-1BVCF-Black-Resin-Digital/dp/B003DZDYMU/

willyone

goldiesmarv wrote:Almost any industry standard water resistance chart will tell you anything less than 50m (ie simply "water resistant") is safe for hand washing or occasional splashes but shouldn't even be used for showering.

Thanks for the feedback and the links. Though I might question that washing my hands with my hands an inch or two away from my sinks tap at max. pressure would be safer than taking a shower where my hands are much further from the source, especially with pressure drop off over distance. But confusion runs in my family. Probably shouldn't bring my family into it ...ya ... probably shouldn't.

drueg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drueg

Is there a link to the manual for these watches specifically OLX90001-A. I've tried all the common button pushes to get it to Mtn time w/o success. Ideas? Goggle was not my friend when searching.

henoctaeeve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henoctaeeve

Just received mine and it won't turn on... Anyone else having the same problem? Can't find any support online for these watches. I got the static black and white

bplett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bplett
henoctaeeve wrote:Just received mine and it won't turn on... Anyone else having the same problem? Can't find any support online for these watches. I got the static black and white

Same problem here. Screen is completely black.

Hey1clg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hey1clg

Same thing here black screen, no response

deadering

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deadering

That's just what I want to hear while waiting for mine...

Guess I'll update then.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, we asked the vendor if there's a trick. They told us that sometimes crowns are held out and need to be pushed in. The watches all have fresh batteries.

I collected watches for a while and you do indeed pull the crown out to prolong the life of the battery when you're not wearing it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Turxey

Not sure if it's the same thing as above. The black screen thing.
Far as I can tell the watch is ON but it's that the background color of the screens is black, with grey numbers, making it impossible to read anything 8(
Try looking at the screen under a bright light, and you'll see the numbers updating.
Also, these watches are HUGE!
I can go with the "it's a fashion statement" up to a point, but not being able to read the time at all, on a watch, is a bit too "out there" for me.
The "Bite" watch was the only one I got with black numbers on grey screen, so I can actually read it.
So, am I stuck with these watches?
What kind of chance do I have of returning them?
Oh, I bought a bunch, and all the same problem with the black on black screen:
"Static""Epic""Techno"&"Shark"
NOT the same as the photo online, which is readable.

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27

For anyone who purchased the Storm watch, I found a picture of the manual on ebay and thought I'd share it here.

hpineda09@gmail.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpineda09@gmail.com

I only received 2 of the 5 EPIC watches I bought. It was only 1of1 package and the support through Woot said that they were waiting on a response from Ollie. Not sure if anyone else had this problem on multiple purchased units. Thanks.

lidlaznkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lidlaznkid

Does anyone know how to contact Ollie? My watch was missing the rod that connects the wristband to the watch itself. Thanks.

peacemonger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peacemonger

My first woot experience but I received my watches yesterday.

Only problem is that one came with a broken wristband and the other was entirely wrong color (should have been red not black).

Did anyone else have any issues like this. I am still waiting to here back from woot support.

eljefeaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljefeaz
peacemonger wrote:My first woot experience but I received my watches yesterday.

Only problem is that one came with a broken wristband and the other was entirely wrong color (should have been red not black).

Did anyone else have any issues like this. I am still waiting to here back from woot support.

One of the watches I received had a metal clasp on the wrist adjustment that is obviously made for another watch. So yea, it won't even clasp....so bummed. My first bad woot order. The Storm also, had no instructions and is a pain to set up.

sanderhalet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanderhalet
henoctaeeve wrote:Just received mine and it won't turn on... Anyone else having the same problem? Can't find any support online for these watches. I got the static black and white

DOA ... The hands are stuck between 6:25 and 6:35

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Random_CrapgtrDetail.jpg

eljefeaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eljefeaz

ahamling27....Thank you, for posting the instructions!

lcoley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcoley

I received my watch yesterday and the screen is so dark you can barely see the time. I want to return it. Just need to know if I can.

ThunderThighs

Staff

eljefeaz wrote:One of the watches I received had a metal clasp on the wrist adjustment that is obviously made for another watch. So yea, it won't even clasp....so bummed. My first bad woot order. The Storm also, had no instructions and is a pain to set up.

Sorry for the problems. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

rlfloyd1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlfloyd1
sanderhalet wrote:DOA ... The hands are stuck between 6:25 and 6:35

Same problem here….

deadering

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deadering

So relieved now that I finally received mine. The Static black/lime, for your info.

Came with instructions, working fine, and while it is black with grey letters it is not hard to read at all except when no lights are on in the room. Luckily it has a backlight which works fine.

In regards to the watch itself it is very cool looking and rather large (which is nice for me) and has plenty of holes for adjustment. It's easy enough to set up though the only thing that bugs me is that the button to turn on the timer is the same as the backlight.

On an unrelated note the year only goes up to 2030 something. I'm a bit ashamed to admit feeling a slight sense of disappointment for a second until I realized it was a $10 watch and I would be amazed if it lasted me even a couple years.

jimmyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmyy

Same, time hands work fine, no backlight, mode, timer, reset works. Think they blocked it inside so need to take back off and get rid of whatever blocks them.

Turxey

ThunderThighs wrote:We have a truckload of watches in this sale...

I bet you guys are sorry about that, what with all this dissatisfaction?

I have heard back from Support once, and am waiting for further contact.
One more thing...
I noticed that the Techno Blue watch I got has an old face glass on it. There is wear on one side, and a pretty good scratch across.
I guess I missed where it said "Refurbished" in the description...???...!!!

My wife got a few of the Bite watches, and they all look fine.
Can I swap all the Black-Face watches I bought for Bite watches, please?