WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Gaming Stuff

You reject the word "game" to describe what you do, because "game" implies that you're "having fun" and "killing time" rather than "saving the world." This isn't a game -- the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. Sorta. 

Quality Posts

jpang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpang

Just jumped at the DeathAdder 3.5. Heard some really good things about that mouse, hopefully they are all true.

derpvonderp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derpvonderp

Finally, the DeathAdders are back! I've been waiting for those to go on sale, and I just pounced and got two.

Seriously, if you happen to see this before they're sold out, get one or two. You won't regret it, unless you play MMOs or something.

kevinwangjiakan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinwangjiakan

Yeah finally got a DeathAdder! Way more excited than getting a Bunch of Clipping

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

I own and use the mamba 2012 for both standard use and gaming (nothing serious) League of Legends and Diablo 3 but I love the mouse, I use it wired because I had some annoying connection issues but never had a single problem with it direct connected with the strong mesh wire it has. PERFRCT Size IMO.

scionyde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionyde

Hm, was seriously considering buying an Onza controller, but the customer reviews on Newegg and Amazon are pretty troubling. Looks like the quality is kinda shoddy.

Every time I see a Razer sale on woot, I see the Nostromo Gaming Pad for sale. Anybody have any experience with these refurbs?

rmrenwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmrenwick
scionyde wrote:Hm, was seriously considering buying an Onza controller, but the customer reviews on Newegg and Amazon are pretty troubling. Looks like the quality is kinda shoddy.

Every time I see a Razer sale on woot, I see the Nostromo Gaming Pad for sale. Anybody have any experience with these refurbs?

I had a refurb nostromo, the one thumb button never quite worked correctly, but I worked around it.

I recently switched to the logitech g13. but to be honest, I don't know why. I don't really find these devices necessary, and only slightly more comfortable than the keyboard.

At one point I had all Razer devices, nostromo, lycosa, and naga. BUt ive started swapping them out for logitech devices. I'm still using the naga, but I think I will probably switch to the logitech g600 soon.

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

Do any of these mice have programmable onboard memory for macros and saving DPI input?

For example... can I cause holding the mouse button in to continuously click it without me having to click it? I love my mouse, but it is missing onboard memory and macro capabilities. I have no need to upgrade until that is available for a good price.

kallell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallell

So...all of the headsets are wired for PCs - the only wireless ones are XBOX 360? Bah.

webboy9579

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webboy9579

I bought the Tiamat 2.2 a few weeks ago. Worst sounding headphones I have used in many years. Too much bass, in a bad way. Everything is turned into bass, gives me a headache. I recommend going with the Kraken rather than spending more for the Tiamat 2.2.

benjiTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjiTK
scionyde wrote:Hm, was seriously considering buying an Onza controller, but the customer reviews on Newegg and Amazon are pretty troubling. Looks like the quality is kinda shoddy.

I purchased a refurbed Onza from Woot like, over a year ago. The thing has been through the ringer with my roommates abuse, but it still works/looks like I got it on day 1 (which is great btw, I even picked up a Sabertooth 'cause I love the hyper-response buttons so much, but wasn't a fan of the d-pad on the Onza).

DoomyDoomyDoomDoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoomyDoomyDoomDoom

ugh The deathadder is always sold out by the time I see it.

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme

lol, who saw the red razer naga hex on the woot off? awkwarddd....

msgitlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msgitlin
stv6669 wrote:Do any of these mice have programmable onboard memory for macros and saving DPI input?

For example... can I cause holding the mouse button in to continuously click it without me having to click it? I love my mouse, but it is missing onboard memory and macro capabilities. I have no need to upgrade until that is available for a good price.

I can't speak for the Razer stuff, but I use a CyberSnipa Silencer mouse and it has what you're talking about. I think they call it "auto-fire" or something like that when creating the macro.

I may or may not use it in FPS games for my pistols... >.<

Jsprake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jsprake

I have been checking woot periodically for about a year to get an Onza...and they are all sold out by the time I realize THAT THEY AREN'T LISTED ON THE TECH PAGE.

The salt in the wound being that they let people buy as many as 10??

I just wanted one :'(

GunMetalNocturne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GunMetalNocturne

Dammiiiiiit wooot! I've been wanting one of those refurb Deathadders 3500 for a while, but I never get home in time to catch the deal >_<;

firedown31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedown31
kallell wrote:So...all of the headsets are wired for PCs - the only wireless ones are XBOX 360? Bah.

The wireless ones work fine with the PC assuming you have the right connections. Check out the razer webpage and you'll see you can connect them right up. Almost sprang for the 5.1 surround myself but decided to go for a logitech g930 (new too) instead for the same price.

rmrenwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmrenwick
firedown31 wrote:The wireless ones work fine with the PC assuming you have the right connections. Check out the razer webpage and you'll see you can connect them right up. Almost sprang for the 5.1 surround myself but decided to go for a logitech g930 (new too) instead for the same price.

I think you are better off going for a good set of headphones from a good audio company rather than spending $100+ on a set of phones from razer of Logitech.

I use the Denon AHD2000 and a clip on mic. The mic isn't great, so I've been watching woot for one. I used to see them all the time, now that I want one, nothing

cheapbloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapbloom
kallell wrote:So...all of the headsets are wired for PCs - the only wireless ones are XBOX 360? Bah.

I'm using the Pulse Elite that I got for my PS3, works fine I really love it, battery is the only problem, so I got a cheap mic like $10 to plug it when battery runs out.

ar1stotle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ar1stotle

If you're sad about missing an Onza... don't be. I'm usually optimistic about peripherals too, but the first one I had started going haywire. They sent me another one, and the analog sticks are broken again. Now it's just a modding project. Going to try to replace the potentiometers on them and see if I can make a usable franken-controller... I don't trust their quality anymore

zelnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zelnik
firedown31 wrote:The wireless ones work fine with the PC assuming you have the right connections. Check out the razer webpage and you'll see you can connect them right up. Almost sprang for the 5.1 surround myself but decided to go for a logitech g930 (new too) instead for the same price.

To be specific, you need an RCA audio input.. which most PC's don't have, so yes, you are SOL.

Jsprake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jsprake
ar1stotle wrote:If you're sad about missing an Onza... don't be. I'm usually optimistic about peripherals too, but the first one I had started going haywire. They sent me another one, and the analog sticks are broken again. Now it's just a modding project. Going to try to replace the potentiometers on them and see if I can make a usable franken-controller... I don't trust their quality anymore

I blame my roommate, he got one from woot actually and it was awesome and without any defect for as long as Ive seen it. Great compliment to a number of items within my steam library.

Ryjaek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryjaek
zelnik wrote:To be specific, you need an RCA audio input.. which most PC's don't have, so yes, you are SOL.

3.5mm to RCA cables/adapters cost almost nothing, so hardly out of luck.
42 cents over at monoprice, for instance.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042902&p_id=7189&seq=1&format=2

bcurt002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcurt002

I bought the Onza controller and it came today. I plugged it into the computer everything was great but I quickly realized that the RT trigger doesn't work.

kolme

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme
bcurt002 wrote:I bought the Onza controller and it came today. I plugged it into the computer everything was great but I quickly realized that the RT trigger doesn't work.

That's no bueno, get a refund man. I personally use a wireless xbox 360 controller adapter to avoid having to use the onza. Only 12 bucks on new egg but a bit of a biscuit eater to install if you catch my drift. But it ultimately let's me use my xbox 360 controllers which I have faith in (up to four at a time)

rudras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudras

Shipment came in a day early, but unfortunately of the 4 items (2x DeathAdders, 2x Vespula mats) I only got the 2 DeathAdders. Ticket in for support... T.T

xaeonis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xaeonis

Agree with everyone here about the Onza.

Just got it, left programmable area wont work (press the program button and nothing lights up), and the mic port doesnt work at all (headset plugged in, no noise at all).

This thing is just shoddy all around. I understand that not all refurbs are great, but comon, this one is so half broken, any monkey could see it. Makes you wonder what the QA for refubs is at razer.

Then again, I love the controller itself. The adjustable tension = great. The buttons? Interesting, but very good. Dpad is weird, but works well enough.

Gonna try and get a replacement and see what happens.

y2kmistere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages y2kmistere

got the Razer Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard and the "e" keey has the nasty habit of repeating itseeelf all the time. Seent razeer an eemail and now I'm doing thee hoop jumping in order to get it fixeed under thee 90 day warranty.