WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

R/C Helicopters = Awesome

"Looks like your leg is broken, and we're miles from civilization. There's only one option -- we're going to have to call in a copter. Don't worry, my nephew just got a sweet new R/C chopper that should be here in a few hours. Let's just hope he remembered to change the batteries." 

stv6669

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stv6669

I always wanted a long range remote helicopter with streaming video to control from my bedroom..... of course... none of these are that and to build one takes a bankroll I would not spend on it.

These are one of those toys that seem like fun but barely last for 5 minutes after hours of charging.

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman

YES!

zoneman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zoneman

If I cannot connect to my phone and have it fly somewhere via GPS like a personnel drone, what good is it?

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt
zoneman wrote:If I cannot connect to my phone and have it fly somewhere via GPS like a personnel drone, what good is it?

What you want, is a Parrot AR Drone, of course those are quite a bit more expensive than these, but also quite a lot easier to fly.

http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-AR-Drone-Quadricopter-Controlled-Android/dp/B007HZLLOK

(Disclaimer: this comes from a guy that flies collective pitch r/c helicopters, so ymmv.)

edstreiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edstreiff

You can get all of these cheaper on other sites

for example
http://www.hobbytron.com/GYRO24GHzF42745CHElectricRTRRCHelicopter.html

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

edstreiff wrote:You can get all of these cheaper on other sites

for example
http://www.hobbytron.com/GYRO24GHzF42745CHElectricRTRRCHelicopter.html

Plus $6.70 shipping.

Our Plus sales are generally good deals in their own right but they're not going to have the deep discounts that you're used to seeing on the daily sales. This is due in part to the smaller quantities (i.e. no volume discounts). In some cases, the deal is improved if you take advantage of the cart and stuff it full of stuff.

As always, we know our wooters are serious consumers and will hunt down the best price available. We expect no less of you.

And it's purt near impossible to keep up with market fluctuations and daily deal sites.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kschang

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kschang

Here's a guide to all RC helis...

http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/Guide-to-Remote-Control-Model-Helicopters-what-is-2-3-35-4-and-6-channel-Gyro-What-to-look-for-and-what-to-buy

aclaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aclaver
ThunderThighs wrote:Plus $6.70 shipping.

Our Plus sales are generally good deals in their own right but they're not going to have the deep discounts that you're used to seeing on the daily sales. This is due in part to the smaller quantities (i.e. no volume discounts). In some cases, the deal is improved if you take advantage of the $5 all day shipping.

In other words, use your Woot! name to hoodwink people expecting an exceptional deal into purchasing items which are easily obtained elsewhere for less money.

kschang

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kschang
aclaver wrote:In other words, use your Woot! name to hoodwink people expecting an exceptional deal into purchasing items which are easily obtained elsewhere for less money.

Hobbytron's price is $39.95, Woot's $5 cheaper. (AND flat rate shipping)

DrChops

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DrChops

If anybody wants to see it:
Reivew & flight of the (World Toys) X-Quad Quadcopter "World Trading23."

And since people seem to be using HobbyTron as the standard for price comparison, here's the hobbytron link
http://www.hobbytron.com/XQuad24GHz45CHGyroElectricRTRRCQuadcopter.html
Remember + S&H ($6.50 I think?)

Petey Thaseatesmyne

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
ThunderThighs wrote:Plus $6.70 shipping.

Our Plus sales are generally good deals in their own right but they're not going to have the deep discounts that you're used to seeing on the daily sales. This is due in part to the smaller quantities (i.e. no volume discounts). In some cases, the deal is improved if you take advantage of the $5 all day shipping.

As always, we know our wooters are serious consumers and will hunt down the best price available. We expect no less of you.

And it's purt near impossible to keep up with market fluctuations and daily deal sites.

If only you still had the $5 all day shipping.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

chickenmumbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickenmumbo
luke975 wrote:If only you still had the $5 all day shipping.

Hey give the guy a break its not like he works for Woot and is supposed to know that kind of stuff.. Oh really ? ... Nevermind then. Seriously, thanks for posting that I thought the % dollar all day shipping was back.

Massive Overkill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Massive Overkill

Check out our guide:

http://www.massiverc.com/before-your-first-purchase.html

Also check out RC Groups, they are the authority on anything RC:

http://www.rcgroups.com/mini-multirotors-800/

ThunderThighs

Staff

chickenmumbo wrote:Hey give the guy a break its not like he works for Woot and is supposed to know that kind of stuff.. Oh really ? ... Nevermind then. Seriously, thanks for posting that I thought the % dollar all day shipping was back.

Whoops, old copy/paste. Gonna go fix that template right now.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

I bought the alien ones for a friend. I hope he likes it- It's sold out already but I'll share his thoughts on it.

-

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

OK, so I haven't said this before. RC means RADIO CONTROLLED. It will work in direct sunlight, or dead dark. IR, however will NOT work outside, unless the SUN is below the horizon. This means, your IR device won't work, when you can see it!

But, Woot! REFUSES to tell you that, so you end up crashing a few hundred dollars of toys (yes, these are really toys) into the side of your house. (Or, car.)

Look at the transmitter, if you can see an antenna sticking out, it's RC. If you see a red blob, it will CRASH AND BURN. (Well, maybe, not the burn part. But you WILL spend money to get it up and running, if you can find the parts.)

steve

ThunderThighs

Staff

RC also means Remote Controlled. We have limited space in the titles. That's why we put more info in the features & specs.

Plus, we word our titles so they produce the most results in a Google search. RC is commonly used.

FORUM MODERATOR

marymeow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marymeow

Anyone else who ordered this STILL not have it?

cameroon66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameroon66

I bought this one http://www.woot.com/offers/f417-4-5-channel-rtr-helicopter-1 and the horrendous instructions say to ensure to switch the copter off before charging. Sadly there is no off switch where the literature suggests. Nor is there one anywhere else. I'm not sure if I got a dud or if they are all like this or... At this point I have nothing that can be charged so I have nothing that can be flown. Fail.