Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Ummm...no weirdness here yet today.

It was a 5-stop trip to work, though.

ETA NewPage picture. Old picture, taken at the local dairy.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Ummm...no weirdness here yet today.

It was a 5-stop trip to work, though.

ETA NewPage picture. Old picture, taken at the local dairy.

Nice rooster! Unless it is a hen.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:Nice rooster! Unless it is a hen.

Nope, rooster. One of many residents. They're not usually very sociable, and he wasn't too impressed with me for taking his picture, but I thought it was a cool shot with the mirror.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:All we really did was the deck.

In the end, we sold because we needed to pay for Erin's grad school and to pay off debt. There were other reasons too, but those were the major reasons.

It worked. Between paying off debt, paying for Erin's school and saving money, we have saved a crap load of money in 16 months and we are still adding to it at this point.

Good job!

Poof, how's PoofDude.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
ThunderThighs wrote:Good job!

Thanks! We put an offer on another house today!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Thanks! We put an offer on another house today!

Whoooo! Exciting and nerve racking at the same time!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Good job!

Poof, how's PoofDude.

He was doing good until they took his temperature tonight and it was 101. Hope it's gone by tomorrow because that's when he was supposed to go to rehab. Well, hope it's gone by tomorrow just because. Thanks for asking.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Thanks! We put an offer on another house today!

Good luck.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:He was doing good until they took his temperature tonight and it was 101. Hope it's gone by tomorrow because that's when he was supposed to go to rehab. Well, hope it's gone by tomorrow just because. Thanks for asking.

How long will he stay at rehab? When w he get home.

Temps go up at night.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:How long will he stay at rehab? When w he get home.

Temps go up at night.

Rehab - Medicare pays for 21 days, but we've been told 10 is about average. Many people go straight home from the hospital and PT comes to the house three or four days a week. But this way, you have PT twice a day. Plus he's not snarling at me because he hurts.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Rehab - Medicare pays for 21 days, but we've been told 10 is about average. Many people go straight home from the hospital and PT comes to the house three or four days a week. But this way, you have PT twice a day. Plus he's not snarling at me because he hurts.

ROFL. sounds like a good plan.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Weird sight of the day:
Older women (at least 60, maybe much older) wearing a really short skirt. Like cheerleader short.
Why???
It sure didn't look good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I'm wide awake. Poof hope Poof guy is back playing BB quickly. Good luck on the house hunt cruzer.

Mavyn

Morning!

Mowed the lawn last night. Whew, glad to have the done. Will need to go over the backyard at least once more, but can rake leaves easier now.

Weird thing: there are more wooly caterpillars this year than I've ever seen. What's the old wives tale about them and weather? Whatever it is, we're in for it!

ETA: Ok, it looks like it's not the number of them, it's the width of the color bands. More brown = mild, more black = harsh. These definitely have more black than brown. And, today's weird thing: Wooly worm Festival. It's this weekend, even!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Morning folks.

Nothing going on here.

Daughter will pass through Sun night. Has to go to a funeral on Cape Cod.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Weird sight of the day:
Older women (at least 60, maybe much older) wearing a really short skirt. Like cheerleader short.
Why???
It sure didn't look good.

STOP LOOKING AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:STOP LOOKING AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR

I'm not going out in a crazy short skirt!

Although I guess for todays styles, it was long. It did cover her butt.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:STOP LOOKING AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR

Oh, I forgot this...

//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Feeling like a trader. I found Hemi a new home today. He wil be the only kitty, which he will love. He will be fully inside. They appear to be a good home. He couldn't stay here because the people who now own the house are allergic to cats. I still feel like I've failed somehow. Might have something to do with the nasty respiratory bug I have. Not getting the computer to do what I need for Deaf ministry, or starting to run a fever again. Or all of the above. I know I made the right choice. I still just feel like a louse. He is a nice cat, but I just need one and I'm not sure I will be keeping Smokey either. I just don't know. I HATE 'I don't know' and that seems to be a non-stop refrain in my life right now.

Good news for dad. My cousin said the doctor was very positive. He has no return visits scheduled unless he needs it later if the tumor grows back. I really pray that dad dies before that happens.
Only God knows the time, but it might happen. Oh well, going to bed to see if I will feel better tomorrow.

pooflady

Jeez, I don't know who pissed in his Cheerios this morning, but husband was a first class grouch most of the day. Got him ensconced in rehab, though. I might not be there as much tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Jeez, I don't know who pissed in his Cheerios this morning, but husband was a first class grouch most of the day. Got him ensconced in rehab, though. I might not be there as much tomorrow.

Did the temp go away?

Sounds like you were right about sending him to rehab!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Feeling like a trader. I found Hemi a new home today. He wil be the only kitty, which he will love. He will be fully inside. They appear to be a good home. He couldn't stay here because the people who now own the house are allergic to cats. I still feel like I've failed somehow. Might have something to do with the nasty respiratory bug I have. Not getting the computer to do what I need for Deaf ministry, or starting to run a fever again. Or all of the above. I know I made the right choice. I still just feel like a louse. He is a nice cat, but I just need one and I'm not sure I will be keeping Smokey either. I just don't know. I HATE 'I don't know' and that seems to be a non-stop refrain in my life right now.

Good news for dad. My cousin said the doctor was very positive. He has no return visits scheduled unless he needs it later if the tumor grows back. I really pray that dad dies before that happens.
Only God knows the time, but it might happen. Oh well, going to bed to see if I will feel better tomorrow.

Feel better.
Don't worry about the kitty.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Did the temp go away?

Sounds like you were right about sending him to rehab!

The temp was 99 something today and his is usually around 97.8, but no one seems too concerned.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:The temp was 99 something today and his is usually around 97.8, but no one seems too concerned.

Hope he gripes if he isn't feeling right. Not to you, to the rehab folks.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Rehab - Medicare pays for 21 days, but we've been told 10 is about average. Many people go straight home from the hospital and PT comes to the house three or four days a week. But this way, you have PT twice a day. Plus he's not snarling at me because he hurts.

Oh yeah. Let him snarl and call a nurse for a few days if the pain is bad. . Hopefully he isn't there long and the food isn't too bad.

I actually asked a table of about 5 people in a 'care' meeting when my mom was in rehab/skilled nursing if they ate the food there. They all looked at me like 'duh', looked uncomfortable and said no. Lol

I hope Poofguy feels better soon!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Oh yeah. Let him snarl and call a nurse for a few days if the pain is bad. . Hopefully he isn't there long and the food isn't too bad.

I actually asked a table of about 5 people in a 'care' meeting when my mom was in rehab/skilled nursing if they ate the food there. They all looked at me like 'duh', looked uncomfortable and said no. Lol

I hope Poofguy feels better soon!

He had one dinner and has decided the food's not good. He also got mad at me for refusing to hold the walker for him while he got out of bed to go to the bathroom. I told him I'm not allowed to do that. Sure enough, when an aide came in, not only did they hold the walker, they raised the bed quite a bit and watched carefully, then waited for him to come out.

kdccrosby

jawsuser wrote:Feeling like a trader. I found Hemi a new home today. He wil be the only kitty, which he will love. He will be fully inside. They appear to be a good home. He couldn't stay here because the people who now own the house are allergic to cats. I still feel like I've failed somehow. Might have something to do with the nasty respiratory bug I have. Not getting the computer to do what I need for Deaf ministry, or starting to run a fever again. Or all of the above. I know I made the right choice. I still just feel like a louse. He is a nice cat, but I just need one and I'm not sure I will be keeping Smokey either. I just don't know. I HATE 'I don't know' and that seems to be a non-stop refrain in my life right now.

Sorry jaws. Sounds like you found the kitty a good home though.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:He had one dinner and has decided the food's not good. He also got mad at me for refusing to hold the walker for him while he got out of bed to go to the bathroom. I told him I'm not allowed to do that. Sure enough, when an aide came in, not only did they hold the walker, they raised the bed quite a bit and watched carefully, then waited for him to come out.

Lol. You won't win while he is still in there. My very independent mother lost her mind while she was in hospital then rehab. She had more trauma, but it was rough going for a bit for me! Ask if they have a fridge for patient snacks. My mom had little bluebell ice cream cups in there and a few other snacks I brought.

Edit: and that is part of their job to help him like that. They are trained

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Lol. You won't win while he is still in there. My very independent mother lost her mind while she was in hospital then rehab. She had more trauma, but it was rough going for a bit for me! Ask if they have a fridge for patient snacks. My mom had little bluebell ice cream cups in there and a few other snacks I brought.

Edit: and that is part of their job to help him like that. They are trained

Right. If something goes wrong, I don't want to be blamed for it. He has a refrigerator in his room. I got pop and snacks for him tonight.

pooflady

Hello all. Heading for rehab shortly. Don't want to. Husband is pretty sure he has shingles. The shot's not 100 percent effective and evidently he fell in the other percent.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hello all. Heading for rehab shortly. Don't want to. Husband is pretty sure he has shingles. The shot's not 100 percent effective and evidently he fell in the other percent.

Ugh. Not great timing for that. Good luck.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Ugh. Not great timing for that. Good luck.

Whew! Not shingles, just an itchy rash.

On my laptop for the first time away from home. Yay, got it to work. Although, odd, FF won't come up but IE does.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hello all. Heading for rehab shortly. Don't want to. Husband is pretty sure he has shingles. The shot's not 100 percent effective and evidently he fell in the other percent.

Ouch, that hurts. Daughter had it in HS.
Yes.
Shingles.
They went away. Took the pediatrician a few visits to figure it out.
I wonder if she can get it again?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Whew! Not shingles, just an itchy rash.

On my laptop for the first time away from home. Yay, got it to work. Although, odd, FF won't come up but IE does.

Oh.

Nevermind

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

The cat is sure it is 5pm. He is just walking around, meowing pitifully. Then every few minutes he comes into my room and stares at me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The cat is sure it is 5pm. He is just walking around, meowing pitifully. Then every few minutes he comes into my room and stares at me.

He's conning you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He's conning you.

I fed him early and got rid of him.
Then hubby called and said he wanted pizza for dinner, so I ate.
Fed Rusty.
Now he thinks we need to take a walk.
We just took one.

We'll see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I fed him early and got rid of him.
Then hubby called and said he wanted pizza for dinner, so I ate.
Fed Rusty.
Now he thinks we need to take a walk.
We just took one.

We'll see.

Won't hurt either of you. We had rain most of today, you'll probably get it tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Won't hurt either of you. We had rain most of today, you'll probably get it tomorrow.

We only got drizzle. We need rain.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Hi all.

Poof I'm so glad Poof Guy doesn't have shingles!!!

I got persimmons and se kind of beet in my bountiful basket today. I've never had a persimmon before...