kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Mavyn wrote:South Dakota was already hit with a blizzard that wiped out livestock.

Colorado has been getting snow for a couple weeks in the mountains, and the lower reaches have had 2-3 inches accumulate a couple times, but it's mostly melted off within a few days.

:D Growing up in Colorado, we expected snow before Halloween. Just the norm. You designed costumes that could be worn over jackets and boots!

I remember that when I was a kid. Snow was fun back then.

No way would I want to live in it now. but it is nice to visit sometimes. lol

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kdccrosby wrote:I remember that when I was a kid. Snow was fun back then.

No way would I want to live in it now. but it is nice to visit sometimes. lol

the difference between snow=fun and snow=not fun is having to drive in the snow in a vehicle you've paid for.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:the difference between snow=fun and snow=not fun is having to drive in the snow in a vehicle you've paid for.

What he said.

And shovel.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I still like snow.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:What he said.

And shovel.

The idea of having to shovel snow before I can leave for work, which I probably don't want to do anyway, would be too much incentive to stay home. And get fired. Then become homeless. It would be too cold to live under a bridge.

Thus I stay in Southeast TX.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:The idea of having to shovel snow before I can leave for work, which I probably don't want to do anyway, would be too much incentive to stay home. And get fired. Then become homeless. It would be too cold to live under a bridge.

Sound reasoning.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

ok im new to the anything but woot side. why does the thread need closed? and why is it a big deal to be the last post? and what, someone please tell me, is a pwa?

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

pooflady

luke975 wrote:ok im new to the anything but woot side. why does the thread need closed? and why is it a big deal to be the last post? and what, someone please tell me, is a pwa?

//snicker// post whores anonymous

Seems we used to do a lot more posting than now. Check some of our numbers.

Also, because of bandwidth (I think that's it, but I'm pretty computer illiterate) they closed the threads at 100 pages.

And for no reason other than it's kind of silly, when it got close the person who posted last was the winner. Of absolutely nothing.

And welcome. Feel free to join in.

And more than 100 woots in less than a year? I'm really impressed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote://snicker// post whores anonymous

Also, because of bandwidth (I think that's it, but I'm pretty computer illiterate) they closed the threads at 100 pages.

And for no reason other than it's kind of silly, when it got close the person who posted last was the winner. Of absolutely nothing.

Egads, you're catching up to me in posts. Might have to start playing the games again.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Egads, you're catching up to me in posts. Might have to start playing the games again.

You need to worry more about D'name. Since AZ's gone, she's been in the lead. Still miss him.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:You need to worry more about D'name. Since AZ's gone, she's been in the lead. Still miss him.

Me too. I checked and he did have the highest post count of any other wooter.

Actually, you & Dname are pretty much tied.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:fda asks for info about bad jerky treats for pets

Interesting. I don't know if our vet has her info anymore. I know the one thing that caused the worst symptoms is off the market - at least I haven't seen it.

I haven't checked Walmart to see if the rawhides are there that caused Maisy's seizures.

Thanks for sharing.

PS: Just called the vet. She had seen the article. She's gonna gather up the cases they have and get the info to them.

She also said they're seeing it in Australia now.

FORUM MODERATOR

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
pooflady wrote://snicker// post whores anonymous

thanks for the information. I used to sell alot of what I bought on amazon, from here and other sites. for various reasons I stopped buying stuff to sell. Still have a couple shelves of stuff in the basement that's listed though.

oh god. the pwa means post whores anonymous? It sounded so official to me. lol

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:the difference between snow=fun and snow=not fun is having to drive in the snow in a vehicle you've paid for.

Shoveling. That is the problem. Then again I haven't had to drive any distance since college.

Shoveling is the new problem.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:He emailed us grandbaby pics, didn't he?

Yes I think so.

Good, somebody sent an email.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

evenin all

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Shoveling. That is the problem. Then again I haven't had to drive any distance since college.

Shoveling is the new problem.

three words: snow blow her.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:The idea of having to shovel snow before I can leave for work, which I probably don't want to do anyway, would be too much incentive to stay home. And get fired. Then become homeless. It would be too cold to live under a bridge.

Sounds good, except it is to friggin hot in TX!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

luke975 wrote:ok im new to the anything but woot side. why does the thread need closed? and why is it a big deal to be the last post? and what, someone please tell me, is a pwa?

Welcome!!!
Now the threads don't have to be closed because of some computer mumbo jumbo, but they are closed anyway.

Getting last post is just a dumb rush, like getting crap.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Me too. I checked and he did have the highest post count of any other wooter.

Actually, you & Dname are pretty much tied.

YOU appear to be the biggest post whore now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:evenin all

Hi Lynnie.
Sorry to hear about the pup.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Hi Lynnie.

howdy

thnx. I really miss him.

so when does Rusty become the poster child for stem cell therapy?

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
no1 wrote:1. massage
2. aspirin

Thanks No1. It seems my body was just faking me out. Back to flu 2.0 hurting all over, burning up and freezing at the same time. Even the fever is back. This is becoming a major pia!

Snow only belongs on the mountains where one can go visit, of course in Florida there are no mountains thank goodness.

If you want to see something funny/pathetic you should watch us blind folks trying to get around when ALL the landmarks are buried under snow. I have a roller ball on the end of my cane. It comes in handy up north for leaves and snow and down here for sand and country living/walking.

Although right now with this stupid fever some snow might help bring it down. Ibuprofen at 600 mg holds for about three hours. Back to see the doctor tomorrow. I REALLY need to get over this!

Poor dad has been pretty much on his own for over a week. Hospice said today both lungs where really wet sounding. He is still coughing his lungs out and coughing up lots of blood. Thankfully my cousin did some shopping today so we have t.p. and other necessities. A friend from church who is also an ER nurse came by and gave dad his insulin shot. I haven't been shooting him because he really doesn't need this stuff.

Well I'm totally exhausted and going back to bed. Prayers for recovery would be appreciated. This is week two.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
Lynnzoi wrote:howdy

thnx. I really miss him.

Hi Lynnzoi, I missed it, what happened to the pup?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:You need to worry more about D'name. Since AZ's gone, she's been in the lead. Still miss him.

Not the same without his grumpiness. Miss him too

Lynnzoi

jawsuser wrote:Hi Lynnzoi, I missed it, what happened to the pup?

hiya

you didn't miss it...I didn't post anything here, just on Facebook. I lost my Irish Setter over the weekend. He was 12 1/2. It was time, he was tired. But I really miss him.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Yes I think so.

Good, somebody sent an email.

no answer yet - but I didn't get the mailer demon rejection email....

Lynnzoi

jawsuser wrote:Thanks No1. It seems my body was just faking me out. Back to flu 2.0 hurting all over, burning up and freezing at the same time. Even the fever is back. This is becoming a major pia!

Snow only belongs on the mountains where one can go visit, of course in Florida there are no mountains thank goodness.

If you want to see something funny/pathetic you should watch us blind folks trying to get around when ALL the landmarks are buried under snow. I have a roller ball on the end of my cane. It comes in handy up north for leaves and snow and down here for sand and country living/walking.

Although right now with this stupid fever some snow might help bring it down. Ibuprofen at 600 mg holds for about three hours. Back to see the doctor tomorrow. I REALLY need to get over this!

Poor dad has been pretty much on his own for over a week. Hospice said today both lungs where really wet sounding. He is still coughing his lungs out and coughing up lots of blood. Thankfully my cousin did some shopping today so we have t.p. and other necessities. A friend from church who is also an ER nurse came by and gave dad his insulin shot. I haven't been shooting him because he really doesn't need this stuff.

Well I'm totally exhausted and going back to bed. Prayers for recovery would be appreciated. This is week two.

prayers and positive energy heading your way. Feel better!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Sounds good, except it is to friggin hot in TX!

I gots me some good A/C!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Hi Lynnie.

I'm sorry too Lynnie. I accidentally face-stalked you when D'name commenting on your picture showed up in my news feed somehow. But I didn't comment there because that would have just been weird.

Edit: I bet he is frolicking with Gman up above....

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:I'm sorry too Lynnie. I accidentally face-stalked you when D'name commenting on your picture showed up in my news feed somehow. But I didn't comment there because that would have just been weird.

thanks. and thass ok. I woulda figured it out (mebbe! lol!)

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:hiya

you didn't miss it...I didn't post anything here, just on Facebook. I lost my Irish Setter over the weekend. He was 12 1/2. It was time, he was tired. But I really miss him.

That was a fantastic picture of him on Facebook.

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:

Edit: I bet he is frolicking with Gman up above....

I like to think so. I remember talking about having wrestling sessions with the reddog and AZ always commented on how much fun that musta been...so I told Morrison to look for the curmudgeonly ol' guy when he got there!

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:That was a fantastic picture of him on Facebook.

thanks. I took that just a few weeks ago. He was feeling great, it was a breezy day and he was sniffin away. His Royal Regalness surveying his Kingdom.

Lynnzoi

someone talkin about snow? like this kinda snow?

(and no, that is not the current view out of my kitchen window...)

kdccrosby

Lynnzoi wrote:someone talkin about snow? like this kinda snow?

(and no, that is not the current view out of my kitchen window...)

yup. That's the kind that keeps me indoors unless it is to go outside and play.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:howdy

thnx. I really miss him.

Don't know. I think it is just for the one vet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:thanks. I took that just a few weeks ago. He was feeling great, it was a breezy day and he was sniffin away. His Royal Regalness surveying his Kingdom.

It is nice when they have a good day towards the end.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

kdccrosby wrote:yup. That's the kind that keeps me indoors unless it is to go outside and play.

I don't mind the snow so much. It's the sub-zero temps. When it gets to -20 (or colder) and it hurts to breathe.