joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Beautiful day. Bad weather coming. We are supposed to take daughter and Elizabeth back to the mountains. We will travel tomorrow or Monday. Watch it snow on Tueaday then travel back on Wednesday.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:You have hot rods?


Yes, ma'am, too many cars. Between MamaChev and myself we have 5 cars - 72 Chevelle, 79 Camaro, 80 Corvette, 04 Mustang convertible, and my every day driver, 04 Grand Am.

We're just old motor-head ladies.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Leaving to take #3 granddaughter shopping and to dinner for her birthday. Can't believe she's 13 already.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Leaving to take #3 granddaughter shopping and to dinner for her birthday. Can't believe she's 13 already.


A sign of age.

Another sign of age came in the mail today.

A Cousin Brucie's Rock 'n' Roll weekend.

Upstate, 90 miles from nyc at a resort.

OH NOOOOOO, the resorts are catering to a group just a few years older than us!
A few, like we were in HS at the same time.

//sigh

First it was singing to the supermarket music. Now this.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

I've heard geese several times today. I've never heard geese before in the 2+ years I've lived here.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:I've heard geese several times today. I've never heard geese before in the 2+ years I've lived here.



I can send you some.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I can send you some.



I'd be glad to let him have a few hundred, too.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Where's everybody? It's Saturday night, please don't tell me everybody but me is out doing something.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:Where's everybody? It's Saturday night, please don't tell me everybody but me is out doing something.


No way. Just another wild Saturday night in my pj's in front of the TV. Give me another hour and I'll be sound asleep.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:No way. Just another wild Saturday night in my pj's in front of the TV. Give me another hour and I'll be sound asleep.



I'm proofing. Need to get off my rear and clean the bathroom. Celebrating #1 son's birthday tomorrow and there'll be 12 for dinner.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:I'd be glad to let him have a few hundred, too.



My point is I don't exactly want them.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Where's everybody? It's Saturday night, please don't tell me everybody but me is out doing something.



I was supposed to go to a friend's house and watch basketball, but everyone else cancelled and apparently I'm not good enough to come over by myself. So I stayed home and watched basketball.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jqubed wrote:I was supposed to go to a friend's house and watch basketball, but everyone else cancelled and apparently I'm not good enough to come over by myself. So I stayed home and watched basketball.



Well, that's pretty crappy.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:My point is I don't exactly want them.



You asked. Now there will be endless geese sent your way!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:I'm proofing. Need to get off my rear and clean the bathroom. Celebrating #1 son's birthday tomorrow and there'll be 12 for dinner.



I am avoiding bathroom cleaning also. Birthday dinner sounds much better!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:I am avoiding bathroom cleaning also. Birthday dinner sounds much better!



Yeah, but just had a call from #2 son that #1 grandson is bringing his girlfriend. Going to have a talk with grandson about letting me know a little ahead of time. He's lucky I just happened to have an extra baked potato.

The roast is on the spit. Trying something a little different, direct heat for the first 15 minutes and then indirect. Husband's in a tizzy.

Will let the birthday boy do the asparagus on the grill when the roast comes off. They just put olive oil and salt on. I'd love to sneak a little balsamic vinegar in there.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Sounds delicious, poof! I just love fresh asparagus.

Birthday cake and ice cream included?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
hot72chev wrote:Sounds delicious, poof! I just love fresh asparagus.

Birthday cake and ice cream included?



The cake is Death by Chocolate. No one in the family wants regular birthday cake. #2 son always has banana cream pudding and peach ice cream.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

He's Baaaaack!

Talk about a roller coaster ride. Earlier this week dad was basically non-responsive. Hospice had a nurse here for three days and only during the day. So two sleepless nights until we got the medicine where it kept him quieter. Then Saturday morning at 2:30 I hear him talking. I go to check and he had climbed over the rail and was on the floor. On Thursday and Friday he wasn't strong enough to even sit up by himself which is why I put the rails up. I didn't think he would be able to get up. WRONG!

Thankfully he wasn't hurt, but he is back talking and being up and down and trying to get up. He still forgets he cannot support his weight. So I am sleeping on the recliner in his room again. JT is on Spring break and went home.

It was so nice on Friday some friends of both of us came over and sat with dad so I could go out with the senior group at church. We went to lunch at a place called cheeseburger, cheeseburger. Then we saw the movie, "Son of God."

I was rather disappointed in the movie. I had heard good things, but it wasn't accurate. How hard can it be to portray something that is clearly written; especially since they supposedly took it from the Gospel of John. But nooooo they took 'literary license' and ruined it. Personally I think the original was much better.

Then today the same friends came and sat with him so I could go to church. Them and my cousin have been such a blessing.

Anyway I think I am going to start calling dad the Everready Bunny. He just keeps going and going, and going. Some friends said the husband's dad lasted six weeks after he basically stopped eating. The way dad is going he might last six weeks. It will be interesting to see how long he lasts. He is losing weight now.

Thankfully I know God will be faithful to give me the strength to walk through this final part of dad's journey. I honestly don't see how unbelievers make it through garbage like this.

Two things are especially helpful right now. First, I know this is not goodbye, but till we meet again. Second, he will be whole and healed in a way I have never known. I only have one brief memory of my dad seeing. He has never had teeth as long as I've lived. His hearing has been horrible the six and a half years I've been here. His memory has been going downhill for the last four plus years. Soon all that will be in the past.

It's funny, lately a number of people have asked me if I am ready for his death. I say no I'll never be ready; how does one prepare for a loved one to die?

In some ways it will be a relief. I won't have to be "on" all the time listening for what he is doing. He won't be suffering. But I will miss him a lot! And my life will change a lot.

But thankfully God knows all about it and He walks through this with me each step of the way. I call Him my 'sighted guide.' When one is blind there is a technique called sighted guide where the blind person holds onto the elbow of a sighted person. Through the contact one is safely guided through any dangers, if the guide has experience. It is very secure if you trust the sighted guide.

With dad and I it has made such a difference. He trusts me as his sighted guide. So four years ago or so when his sugar would bottom out and he couldn't respond or help himself I could take his hand and place it on my arm and take him whereever I needed and he would follow without fighting or fear. He knew I would keep him safe and was not afraid. That is how I feel with God.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! Going to the mountains tomorrow. All is well. It will be very quiet when we get back here. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

edit: Hugs Jaws. Hope you can get some rest.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
joyner wrote:Hey everybody! Going to the mountains tomorrow. All is well. It will be very quiet when we get back here. Hope everyone had a great weekend.



Have a safe trip. Hopefully the weather will behave.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Jaws, is he still not eating?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
jqubed wrote:Jaws, is he still not eating?



Not to speak of. Sunday he drank a glucerna and most of a cup of coffee. Sometimes he acts like he has forgotten how to drink through a straw. Saturday I was giving him liquids using an eye dropper that I use to give him his crushed up meds in liquid. He is also still awake and moving. This is not boding well. This is how the terminal agitation started last time.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Kids in that age group are almost always dumb, not just today. I remember a few things that make me shudder.



True dat!

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Got back from Toronto Saturday. It was a great visit spending time bonding with daughter and granddaughter. We got the daddy-do list completed with the exception of removing 2 satellite dishes from the roof. I wasn't about to climb around on an icy roof. It was snowing on the way to the airport so it made leaving a little easier. Hopefully I'll go back in October and bring Mrs. Ice along this time.


A belated Happy Birthday to Daj.

Hugs and continued prayers to Jaws

In the end only kindness matters

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
jawsuser wrote:Not to speak of. Sunday he drank a glucerna and most of a cup of coffee. Sometimes he acts like he has forgotten how to drink through a straw. Saturday I was giving him liquids using an eye dropper that I use to give him his crushed up meds in liquid. He is also still awake and moving. This is not boding well. This is how the terminal agitation started last time.



That sounds stressful!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Good morning, folks! A new Sheetz opened conveniently on my route to work! And they gave me a coupon for a dollar off any specialty coffee drink... which expired last Thursday

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:Whoa! Chicago airport train derailment injures 30



lol, you link to the BBC?
No news org in Chicago noticed the train crashed?

How do you not know you entered the station? Unless there was a health issue.

I'm pretty sure I could drive a subway car.
You were able to stand by the door next to the engineer . It was fun to watch the tracks. Then watch how the engineer controlled the train.

Not sure you are allowed to see the track anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Not to speak of. Sunday he drank a glucerna and most of a cup of coffee. Sometimes he acts like he has forgotten how to drink through a straw. Saturday I was giving him liquids using an eye dropper that I use to give him his crushed up meds in liquid. He is also still awake and moving. This is not boding well. This is how the terminal agitation started last time.



Hopefully this will be over soon.
A nice, peaceful passing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:lol, you link to the BBC?
No news org in Chicago noticed the train crashed?

How do you not know you entered the station? Unless there was a health issue.

I'm pretty sure I could drive a subway car.
You were able to stand by the door next to the engineer . It was fun to watch the tracks. Then watch how the engineer controlled the train.

Not sure you are allowed to see the track anymore.



I saw it on the BBC. I'm still not sure CNN is aware of it; they still seem to be talking exclusively about the Malaysian airplane. No mention of the more than 500 people in Egypt sentenced to death earlier in a trial that took a small part of two days for the killing of a police officer. {sarcasm} I'm amazed that CNN hasn't yet located the plane with resources they've devoted to it. {/sarcasm} Oh wait, all they've done is talk about it and spread wild speculation for 17 days.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Warning: totally useless post to follow...

Let Rusty into the yard.

He has "protected" the neighborhood from the lady who walks every day and if she sees a newspaper on the lawn or driveway, she throws it onto the stoop.

Just now he "protected" me from a old guy with a walker, walking in the street.

All that is left to "protect" us from is the dreaded old lady with baby carriage.

Or the worst threat of all....little old asian lady with baby carriage!



The lady who throws the paper on the stoop, has been walking since Hubby was a kid.
When we moved into the house he saw her. As kids they made fun of her behind her back. He hoped she didn't recognize him.

There was another guy on the block when we moved in, that hubby made fun of as a kid.

(Moral, don't move near where you grew up, if you had nicknames for all the odd kids, they may be neighbors)
Thank goodness they didn't bully the kids, just made fun behind their backs.

This guy had a german Shepard and a huge stick. He said the dog was vicious.

I had some ice cream that had freezer burn, so I asked if I could give it to the dog.
I did and the dog was my new best friend!
I would pet him every day.

One day my husband said, that dog isn't vicious and went to pet him.
Dog almost took his arm off!

(moral: give a dog a good enough treat at first meeting and vicious goes out the window)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:Warning: totally useless post to follow...

Let Rusty into the yard.

He has "protected" the neighborhood from the lady who walks every day and if she sees a newspaper on the lawn or driveway, she throws it onto the stoop.

Just now he "protected" me from a old guy with a walker, walking in the street.

All that is left to "protect" us from is the dreaded old lady with baby carriage.

Or the worst threat of all....little old asian lady with baby carriage!



The lady who throws the paper on the stoop, has been walking since Hubby was a kid.
When we moved into the house he saw her. As kids they made fun of her behind her back. He hoped she didn't recognize him.

There was another guy on the block when we moved in, that hubby made fun of as a kid.

(Moral, don't move near where you grew up, if you had nicknames for all the odd kids, they may be neighbors)
Thank goodness they didn't bully the kids, just made fun behind their backs.

This guy had a german Shepard and a huge stick. He said the dog was vicious.

I had some ice cream that had freezer burn, so I asked if I could give it to the dog.
I did and the dog was my new best friend!
I would pet him every day.

One day my husband said, that dog isn't vicious and went to pet him.
Dog almost took his arm off!

(moral: give a dog a good enough treat at first meeting and vicious goes out the window)



Also, ice cream is apparently a more effective bribe for dogs than bones or steak.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:Also, ice cream is apparently a more effective bribe for dogs than bones or steak.


Or arms.

Good morning all. First Monday of Spring I guess. And I have a headache. Blah.



FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sunny

Bright

Freezing out.

My only day without old people duty and I'm just rotting.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

It was 75° on Saturday and I was wearing shorts. Yesterday it was 45° and raining. Today it's just as cold but sunny. Tomorrow morning there's a chance of snow.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I was on a conference call so couldn't go check, but apparently it snowed earlier.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Mavyn wrote:I was on a conference call so couldn't go check, but apparently it snowed earlier.



How tall are the snow banks alongside your driveway now?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

This was interesting: Rare earths: Neither rare, nor earths

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jqubed wrote:How tall are the snow banks alongside your driveway now?



Mostly gone. There are a few ugly bergs left in parking lots and shaded areas. At the house, the tallest bit left is maybe 6-7 inches.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.