WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Tablets & Portable Chargers

You've been pretending to check your email on your child's toy. It's time to give up the act. Pyle's got a bunch of stuff that grown-ups can use for actual grown-up tasks. It's not as much fun as Hangman, but at least you won't get weird glances at the airport anymore.

phpeters87

quality posts: 8 Private Messages phpeters87

Crap - I just bought a Chinese made tablet.

Good specs and price, but I would have preferred this brand.

Rozie13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Rozie13

I want a tablet to mount on the wall of my kids' room so they can basically use it as a music player. Anyone know about speaker quality for these?

mburnash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mburnash
Rozie13 wrote:I want a tablet to mount on the wall of my kids' room so they can basically use it as a music player. Anyone know about speaker quality for these?

No idea on speaker quality (though I've yet to see many tabs with great sound) but if you get a tablet with Bluetooth you could pick up also a cheap Bluetooth speaker from one of many woots and have much better sound than tab speakers, while still getting a solid deal on the solution you seek.

kimbee4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kimbee4

digitalcoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalcoder

The highest end Pyle (PTBL10C) tablet @ ~130$, running at A9 Proc. w/ 3D (not even a A10) does not stand up to the Hisense Pro (M470BSA) running a Tegra 3 at same price + free shipping. Screen resolution and cameras are terrible on Pyle as compared to one another. And will probably take forever to be upgraded to KitKat, unless to put CM10 on it.

Save your money, get the Hisense or 1st Gen Nexus 7.

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
kimbee4 wrote:good reviews on Amazon;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMRZDFQ?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

I think I'm in for 1

That's an A8....sloooooow.

Blacksunshine420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacksunshine420
Rozie13 wrote:I want a tablet to mount on the wall of my kids' room so they can basically use it as a music player. Anyone know about speaker quality for these?

If its anything like the quality of their car stereo gear it should be fairly terrible and blow up within a month.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

do the tablets not state resolution and screen type, or am I missing something?

Still single, can't imagine why.

wackknack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wackknack

Hrmm...tempting but not convinced I need this yet. Also, file types such as .mobi are not listed.

Happy w/my current laptops and my trusty crusty eeepc. I do use a kindle white, but this tablet doesn't seem good enough to replace.

PS: Paperwhite is truly an improvement.

phpeters87

digitalcoder wrote:The highest end Pyle (PTBL10C) tablet @ ~130$, running at A9 Proc. w/ 3D (not even a A10) does not stand up to the Hisense Pro (M470BSA) running a Tegra 3 at same price + free shipping. Screen resolution and cameras are terrible on Pyle as compared to one another. And will probably take forever to be upgraded to KitKat, unless to put CM10 on it.

Save your money, get the Hisense or 1st Gen Nexus 7.

IDK about Tablets, but Hisense makes lousy LCD TV's.

Sears used to carry them but stopped due to the number of returns.

I just received my Aiga M80 8" tablet today which is running Android 4.2.2, 1.5 GHz ARM Quad Core Cortex A9 CPU w/3D, 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 8GB Storage, 1024x768 res., HDMI output, Provision for a 32 GB SD Card, front and rear camera, etc... for $109.00 but I would have preferred a name brand tablet like Pyle, plus the cost of 10" Pyle tablet is comparable to the 8" M80 tablet I just received.

So far, the Aiga M80 tablet looks good and runs well and is fast enough for my needs. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, NFL Rewind, etc...all run great at HD on Full Screen without any stuttering or pixelating.

blackcentury

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackcentury

The Pyle Audio site is completely down at the moment (at least for me here on the East Coast), and I can't find much info at all on these power banks elsewhere. Has anyone else had better luck? Thanks!

http://www.pyleaudio.com/

vbrookslv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vbrookslv

I am more likely to buy this if it had a brand that I didn't recognize. At least then I would be willing to give a fair chance.

This brand has been know to me for at least the last 20 years as knowingly selling crap, and trying to use brand marketing to overcome reputation.

It is entirely possible that these tablets are just fine, but by putting this brand on them, it tells me they are likely to be awful.

Like McDonalds trying to sell health food. It's just contrary to what they are known for.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Chalk up another vote for Pyle being garbage. Sorry Woot, but I have to inform my fellow Wooters of what they're buying.

They're known for selling low-end low-quality gear...with very questionable dependability.

imvudude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imvudude

So, I shouldn't buy the 7" tablet? Could you point me to a better one for around the same price?

rhetta1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhetta1
imvudude wrote:So, I shouldn't buy the 7" tablet? Could you point me to a better one for around the same price?

I just bought the 7" ASUS Memo for my aunt. I haven't used it yet because it arrived today. I haven't had any problems with the 10" so I'd recommend it. The 7" is 16GB for $99. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BR3XM5E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
firebirdude wrote:Chalk up another vote for Pyle being garbage. Sorry Woot, but I have to inform my fellow Wooters of what they're buying.

They're known for selling low-end low-quality gear...with very questionable dependability.

Yeah they make the crappiest audio equipment, LOL! Such a PYLE of...

;)

I still don't see why any marketing department would allow a name like PYLE to stay around long. I just think pile of crap every time I read it.

vbrookslv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vbrookslv

The reason the name has stuck around is because:

1. It's a family name. I happened to cross paths with a member of the family about 20 years ago while in the course of my job. It had nothing to do with their product, just coincidence.

2. Because there is always some goober (hat sideways, pants hanging low) at the flea market looking to buy some big ass speakers. Since goobers don't tend to research their purchases especially well, they will buy anything that sounds cool, especially if their buddy has it. With a name like "Pyle Drivers", it has to be beast, right?

edit: I should clarify, I have nothing against responsible ownership of big-ass speakers. Just advocating for quality.

kira4jta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kira4jta

I'd like to scoop up one of the Power Banks. The prices are way better than Mophi which I want but rather not spend the cash. Anyone have experience with them or know if they're any good?

Specs say 300 charges but not sure how long that'd be for me. Also does anyone know what the 5200 mah battery life equivalent in hours is?

Thanks

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts
phpeters87 wrote:Crap - I just bought a Chinese made tablet.

Good specs and price, but I would have preferred this brand.

Ummm. These are also Chinese-made tablets (or Indonesia or wherever).

These may be made by the same factory that made yours. Pyle just contracted with some manufacturer to slap the Pyle name on their tablets and put them in a box with Pyle graphics on them.

Look at the Pyle site--watches, shaving mirrors, cheap cameras, etc., all with Pyle's name. Pyle is like Craig or Jensen or any other cheap electronics company.

I spent many years as an audio engineer, and I guarantee you, no professional uses Pyle products.

marcelarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcelarr

Concerning the power banks... Im also interested in reviews of this specific device if anyone has any. Kira... Im guessing that 100 charges is waaayyy to much, it really depends on how the capability of your devices battery. I just looked up my device on the web and found that its battery is 1780 mAh, so how many charges you get from this power bank will depend on that.

gregyingling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregyingling

Is there any Bluetooth support, or am I just overlooking it on the spec sheet?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gregyingling wrote:Is there any Bluetooth support, or am I just overlooking it on the spec sheet?

Grey, which item?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

simlesa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simlesa
kira4jta wrote:Specs say 300 charges but not sure how long that'd be for me.

They don't mean you can charge your phone 300 times with the external battery. They mean the external battery will die after you charge it 300 times.

phpeters87

Tatts wrote:Ummm. These are also Chinese-made tablets (or Indonesia or wherever).

These may be made by the same factory that made yours. Pyle just contracted with some manufacturer to slap the Pyle name on their tablets and put them in a box with Pyle graphics on them.

Look at the Pyle site--watches, shaving mirrors, cheap cameras, etc., all with Pyle's name. Pyle is like Craig or Jensen or any other cheap electronics company.

I spent many years as an audio engineer, and I guarantee you, no professional uses Pyle products.

Yeah, I pretty much figured that.

Even iPads are made in China.

The Aiga M80 Tablet I bought is actually pretty good although it's only 8" diaganol, it has decent specs as posted above and the rear camera is 5MP. Not great, but better than the offerings here.

Antutu benchmark is in the 12,000's.

Android 4.2.2, 1.5 GHz ARM Quad Core Cortex A9 CPU w/3D Graphics, 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 8GB Storage, 1024x768 res., HDMI output, Provision for a 32 GB SD Card, 1.2MP front and 5MP rear camera, etc... for $109.00 + $6.99 fast shipping from China, but I would have preferred a name brand tablet, plus the cost of 10" Pyle tablet is comparable to the 8" M80 tablet I just received although the Aiga M80 has better specs.

The Aiga M80 tablet looks good and runs well and is fast enough for my needs. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, NFL Rewind, etc...all run great at HD on Full Screen without any stuttering or pixelating.

If it lasts me a year I'll be happy.

Maybe I was better off with this tablet than the Pyle.

KidLightning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidLightning
phpeters87 wrote:Yeah, I pretty much figured that.

Even iPads are made in China.

The Aiga M80 Tablet I bought is actually pretty good although it's only 8" diaganol, it has decent specs as posted above and the rear camera is 5MP. Not great, but better than the offerings here.

Antutu benchmark is in the 12,000's.

Android 4.2.2, 1.5 GHz ARM Quad Core Cortex A9 CPU w/3D Graphics, 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 8GB Storage, 1024x768 res., HDMI output, Provision for a 32 GB SD Card, 1.2MP front and 5MP rear camera, etc... for $109.00 + $6.99 fast shipping from China, but I would have preferred a name brand tablet, plus the cost of 10" Pyle tablet is comparable to the 8" M80 tablet I just received although the Aiga M80 has better specs.

The Aiga M80 tablet looks good and runs well and is fast enough for my needs. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, NFL Rewind, etc...all run great at HD on Full Screen without any stuttering or pixelating.

If it lasts me a year I'll be happy.

Maybe I was better off with this tablet than the Pyle.

Where'd you find that tablet at that price?

phpeters87

KidLightning wrote:Where'd you find that tablet at that price?

Not sure if I can post the web URL, but the URL is: www.lightinthebox.com and search for "M80"

They also have other tablets of different makes/models/sizes at competitive prices and mine only took about a week to arrive from China.

Another good resource for generic, no-name bargain tablets is: http://www.nomorerack.com

kira4jta

marcelarr wrote:Concerning the power banks... Im also interested in reviews of this specific device if anyone has any. Kira... Im guessing that 100 charges is waaayyy to much, it really depends on how the capability of your devices battery. I just looked up my device on the web and found that its battery is 1780 mAh, so how many charges you get from this power bank will depend on that.

Its 300 btw but okay. I was being lazy & didn't look at my actual phone battery for comparison which sucks btw &probably why I'm even looking for portable power.

Thank Ya

stupido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupido
Tatts wrote:

I am a professional and I do use Pyle products. Mind one I use them for a very limited use.

I have 3 of their 70v PA amplifiers in use. Two have been rock solid for years. One has had to be power cycled after storms. But it is fed with about 40 feet of wire from outside.

I also use a home amp to feed white noise into a test bed. I also use one for the front channels of my home theater.

Yep Chinese made and the quality is not great but if you know what you are getting and use it accordingly, it is not bad.

Of course I believe Pyle had more input on their older audio equipment than these tablets.

chris78660

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris78660

we're thinking about getting these for our kids to play with....but they're kids. Anyone know what kind of case would fit the 10.1 screen? is it a standard type case, like the kindle fire?

metalvince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalvince
firebirdude wrote:Chalk up another vote for Pyle being garbage. Sorry Woot, but I have to inform my fellow Wooters of what they're buying.

Just found that out the hard way. This "10.1" inch tablet is exactly that. It's 10.1 inches of tablet and about about as much of that is screen size as the Kindle Fire.

ishouldbuyagoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ishouldbuyagoat

I just got the 7 inch. I wasn't looking for much, just something my parents could use to start netflix on the chromecast.

It doesn't even boot. Garbage output on screen when the power button is pressed.

kira4jta

simlesa wrote:They don't mean you can charge your phone 300 times with the external battery. They mean the external battery will die after you charge it 300 times.

I realize that. Not that dense! The last portable charger I bought from woot didn't work. So all I really wanted to know is the quality of this one!

Thanks for your gracious non informative reply!

broomhitches

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broomhitches

I bought one of these for my girlfriend and so far I have nothing but bad things to say. My girlfriend set up a passcode within minutes of opening the box. She forgot the code--which should be no problem for an Android device--and the device won't even ask her to sign into her Google account to bypass the lock screen. I went to power down the tablet perform a hard reset by holding down power and volume up keys simultaneously and nothing happens.

The tablet also has quite a bit of static interference around other electronics. I sent Pyle an email and I hope they respond soon.

pantherathecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantherathecat

I bought the pink powerbank and it hasn't worked at all. I tried charging it on my computer, on a couple of different wall outlets too, and no go. I can't tell if it won't hold a charge or if it is charged and just won't release the charge to any of my devices.

I have a query in to woot and I hope I can my money back. I won't be buying anything with the Pyle name ever again, that's for sure. The instructions for troubleshooting say "If device isn't charging, then your device must not work with this energy bank". Um, no, not acceptable.

pantherathecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantherathecat

Woot was super fast with my request and I got my money back. The thing was a dud. Never buying Pyle again.