zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

Item: Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB Tablet
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/26/2013 - $139.99-159.99 (Woot-off) - 73 comment(s)

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards

Is this the latest version? ????
i dont think it is...plse confirm...

never mind.....i see it now.

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon

these were much cheaper recently, the 32gb version selling for $135 on Ebay, I would move on. If you really want this, that deal will pop up again

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87

Please resist the urge to buy this device. If you missed the (Gen 1) in bold letters in the headline, here is a picture of the back.

Remember, this is not the 2013 model. Do not buy (unless you know what you're doing).

Contrast with the 2013 model which lists in its specs:
* 1.2MP front facing, fixed focus
* 5MP rear facing, auto focus

serco1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serco1

"the ability to connect to most mobile data networks" - does this mean I can use it on my AT&T plan?

k87

starmanbackwards wrote:Is this the latest version? ????
i dont think it is...plse confirm...

Sorry, it is the Gen 1.

DJLarryDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJLarryDan

My 7 year old wants a tablet for Christmas and this is probably a better option than some of the other cheaper ones (like the pyles). I could probably hold out for a better deal, but would rather not wait. I'm in for one.

k87

DJLarryDan wrote:My 7 year old wants a tablet for Christmas and this is probably a better option than some of the other cheaper ones (like the pyles). I could probably hold out for a better deal, but would rather not wait. I'm in for one.

This is a perfectly good reason to get this device. I am sure they will like it.

elsaborasiatico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elsaborasiatico

Yeah, I am passing on this as it's the first generation. Granted, the new version is $110 more on Amazon (for the 32gb), but I'd rather wait for the price to improve on this one.

gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger
serco1 wrote:"the ability to connect to most mobile data networks" - does this mean I can use it on my AT&T plan?

I too am curious to know what this means.

btb601

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb601
gruisinger wrote:I too am curious to know what this means.

I'm not sure what they are trying to say, it can hook up with:
Wireless:
802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
Bluetooth 3.0

gruisinger

btb601 wrote:I'm not sure what they are trying to say, it can hook up with:
Wireless:
802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
Bluetooth 3.0

I saw that in the specs, but none of that would seem indicative of being able to connect to a "mobile data network", unless they mean it can tether to a cell phone. And if that is what they mean, they should say that, instead of phrasing it so one could construe it might actually be able to connect to a mobile data network all by itself.

rld082982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rld082982

This is the 2012 version (1st generation Nexus 7). For just a bit more you can get the 2013 one. Still, this is a very good tablet.

bodycount187

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodycount187

Or get the ASUS Memo Pad HD7! It's this tablet except it comes in colors and has a rear camera! The back is plastic though but it does have a slightly better resolution than this one! Bought one for my 11 yr old for his birthday! His older brother now wants one for Christmas!

lakoros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakoros

Old nexus 7 and Factory Reconditioned.

SYNwootACK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SYNwootACK

I bought one of these last go-around for my 2 1/2 year old because I got tired of her always wanting my phone (and she's destroyed a few of those). The unit I got was in the standard respiff packaging but flawless cosmetically .. indistinguishable from brand new.

This is the older (1st gen) unit, but it's perfect for kids .. dump some Disney movies on it and keep it in the globe box in case they get bent out of shape in the car.

FWIW for $9/mo you can get Netflix and they have every episode of Sesame Street as well as a bunch of other kids stuff.

For business use (or anything else serious) these are worthless .. tablets are content *consumption* devices, it's aggravating to do anything interactive on them.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, Wi-Fi only. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
DJLarryDan wrote:My 7 year old wants a tablet for Christmas and this is probably a better option than some of the other cheaper ones (like the pyles). I could probably hold out for a better deal, but would rather not wait. I'm in for one.

Even generation 1 are great tablets. This is a great purchase for a 7 year old, parents that buy the cheapo garbage tablets are setting their kids up for failure.

rld082982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rld082982

Geez.. some of these comments.. 7yr old? 2 and 1/2 yr old? Get them real toys! Aye aye aye..

gruisinger

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, Wi-Fi only. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for confirming!

jdubau55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubau55
elsaborasiatico wrote:Yeah, I am passing on this as it's the first generation. Granted, the new version is $110 more on Amazon (for the 32gb), but I'd rather wait for the price to improve on this one.

Gen 1 is still a stellar tablet. Plus it will get updates for probably at least another 2 years. Longer than that from the dev community.