quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme

Item: Famous Maker 27" 1080p LED Monitor
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

Search Amazon Search Google

Xplosonhed

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Xplosonhed

Anyone have a clue who the "famous maker" is?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Xplosonhed wrote:Anyone have a clue who the "famous maker" is?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We can't say.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ryantrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryantrash

I'm no expert, but it sure looks quite similar to this:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-2711x-27-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B004G8QO8O

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman

Famous Maker monitors are typically rebranded HP monitors from what I've seen.

ThunderThighs

Staff

walmartman wrote:Famous Maker monitors are typically rebranded HP monitors from what I've seen.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gregtrotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregtrotter

Well, there are a handfull of famous makers of monitors. And there's one in particular that has a logo that would be obscured in the shape of the emblem that appears on the image.

I imagine if you were to look at logos online of monitor makers, the answer would Happily Point itself out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ryantrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryantrash
gregtrotter wrote:Well, there are a handfull of famous makers of monitors. And there's one in particular that has a logo that would be obscured in the shape of the emblem that appears on the image.

I imagine if you were to look at logos online of monitor makers, the answer would Happily Point itself out.

As would googling "BrightView technology"

Hurricane4911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hurricane4911

I have 2 HP 2205wg shiny brand new monitors over on Ebay for just a bit more. Picked them up at auction. In case you are interested.

slowpoke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slowpoke
ryantrash wrote:As would googling "BrightView technology"

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP!

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Great monitor, great price. It's an HP. My 25.5 from 3 to 4 years ago still works as if new out of the box. Highly recommend it!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

kdorff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdorff

I'd totally pick this up if it had better inputs. It seems the inputs on 27" panels are often kind of Dallas Cowboys.

At least 2 HDMI, a component, and the VGA would be nice. Oh well, I don't really need a new monitor, anyway.

ThunderThighs

Staff

slowpoke wrote:SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP!

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

Absolutely an HP. I own 1 and love it over 3 years later! 1.5" smaller with the best color and graphics of any monitor I've owned. It's not an LED that I own and it's great.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Wootelicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootelicious

It says external power supply but in the box is just a power cable.

No AC Adapter?

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

glossy or matte screen?

CT

danielm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielm

Aren't these the color monitors Jean-Luc uses? Hue-LED Pic-ard?

caleby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caleby

Would totally buy this if I could get 2, so I could have matching pair...

Pablo4200

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Pablo4200

I got the 23" version of this from Woot 3 years ago and I remain Hugely Pleased with it. Go ahead! Buy one now!

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
danielm wrote:Aren't these the color monitors Jean-Luc uses? Hue-LED Pic-ard?

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

danielm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielm

This isn't VESA mount compatible, if that is important to you.

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges

I'd be all over this, if you could order 3 of them. They would replace my current 3 monitor setup that uses 23" monitors. Sadly, limit one means none for me.

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac
slowpoke wrote:SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP!

Literally laughed out loud.

nasedase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nasedase

Would it be smart to use this as an HD viewer for my consoles. I've had CRT's my whole life, but just got a Wii U and it looks like ass on my CRT.

ebs16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebs16

Meh. 1920x1080 is really low-res for 27". With those numbers, you'll really be able to see individual pixels.

LenSe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenSe
rjquillin wrote:glossy or matte screen?

I'm running the HP 2711x monitor currently and it is great. Only downside is that mine has a glossy screen and picks up glare from other light sources. Since we don't know model number here, can't say for sure if glossy or matte

billrhea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billrhea

I just bought one. I am hoping it's much better then my 19" Emachine monitor LOL. For the price its a killer deal I think.

ThunderThighs

Staff

I bought one to use at home with my work laptop. I'm used to dual monitors but I figure that's a pretty good size and should work just dandy.

billrhea

I got mine today and hooked it up. Its AMAZING. Love love this monitor. Best $200 I ever spent.

billrhea

ebs16 wrote:Meh. 1920x1080 is really low-res for 27". With those numbers, you'll really be able to see individual pixels.

I am using mine with photoshop and looks amazing. You can zoom way in before you start seeing pixels.

omnihk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnihk

Mine has yet to ship out -.-

johntc03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johntc03
omnihk wrote:Mine has yet to ship out -.-

same here...

ThunderThighs

Staff

johntc03 wrote:same here...

Same here.

Anyway, these often ship out in batches. Looks like we might just be waiting on the tracking file to upload for some of these.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

omnihk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnihk
ThunderThighs wrote:Same here.

Anyway, these often ship out in batches. Looks like we might just be waiting on the tracking file to upload for some of these.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

That worked, it's in transit! Thanks much. Now I can keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page instead of this thread :P

johntc03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johntc03
omnihk wrote:That worked, it's in transit! Thanks much. Now I can keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page instead of this thread :P

Worked for me too! Thank you.

halfdagron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halfdagron

And right on schedule all digital inputs fail on the monitor. Totally fascinating.

albokay5219

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albokay5219
halfdagron wrote:And right on schedule all digital inputs fail on the monitor. Totally fascinating.

My Digital inputs work but the power plug is making a buzzing sound now. Trying to track down a replacement plug.