zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Item: HP Quad-Core Desktop with 1TB HD
Price: $319.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/13/2013 - $349.99 - 38 comment(s)
6/19/2013 - $349.99 (Woot-off) - 18 comment(s)
6/17/2013 - $349.99 - 42 comment(s)

10/7/2013 - $319.99 (Woot Plus)
8/12/2013 - $329.99 (Woot Plus)
8/12/2013 - $329.99 (Woot Plus)
8/5/2013 - $349.99 (Woot Plus)
7/25/2013 - $329.99 (Woot Plus)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

What version Win 8?

donthaveone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donthaveone

Overstock has this model (also refurb) for $370. Not sure about shipping. Seems like a decent deal.

donthaveone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donthaveone

Amazon has it for $470. Nowhere says what version of Win8.

rowdyred94

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rowdyred94
dliidlii wrote:What version Win 8?

From the specs: Genuine Windows 8 (64-bit)

rmackey91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmackey91
donthaveone wrote:Overstock has this model (also refurb) for $370. Not sure about shipping. Seems like a decent deal.

This is not a refurb like the one you posted, but a reconditioned PC. Keep in mind the difference: http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-is-Reconditioned-or-Refurbished-/10000000004614466/g.html

spcyhknBC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spcyhknBC

Woot is selling computers that are better than my current setup for half the price I paid. It might be time to upgrade the ole gal

btb601

quality posts: 2 Private Messages btb601

What size is the power supply?

bdutton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdutton
btb601 wrote:What size is the power supply?

300W max

ssih

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssih

Win 8 devalues it considerably.

btb601

quality posts: 2 Private Messages btb601
bdutton wrote:300W max

Thanks and YES, I am blind...LOL

vocalyouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vocalyouth

Would this be a good machine to replace my old Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz machine that has 4gb ddr2 ram with? I'd throw a video card in and use it to play games and stream on a TV.

I already have this video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129232 in the old machine and it plays most newer games at pretty high settings, but would I see a performance bump moving up to more and faster ram and a newer chip?

Mattte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mattte

Seems to be a better deal than the other PC that's popped up a few times in the last few days: http://www.woot.com/offers/hp-quad-core-desktop-with-1-5tb-hd-3

The integrated graphics and audio seems better to someone (aka me) who doesn't know about computers. Am I correct in this thinking?

steeevin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steeevin

Does this come with a warranty? Newegg shows a 90 day warranty.

peterjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterjames

"reliable performance" ... this is one of AMD's APU chips - it's not exactly a speed demon. Decent for Web Browsing, Word Processing and similar - would not be suggested for gaming.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
Mattte wrote:The integrated graphics and audio seems better to someone (aka me) who doesn't know about computers. Am I correct in this thinking?

No, but to many people it won't make a difference. Having a dedicated audio and video essentially takes a load off of the central processing unit, which is doing all of the work if things are integrated. You'll only really notice it if you're using a bunch of CPU on audio/video (i.e. gaming, HD streaming, etc.).

Mattte

lotsofgoats wrote:No, but to many people it won't make a difference. Having a dedicated audio and video essentially takes a load off of the central processing unit, which is doing all of the work if things are integrated. You'll only really notice it if you're using a bunch of CPU on audio/video (i.e. gaming, HD streaming, etc.).

Sorry, I meant in terms of the other computer that's been popping up on Woot (and what I was waiting to pop up again). It seems like this version has superior integrated audio/graphics compared to that one. This one has .5TB less storage, but that doesn't make much difference to me.

jbserra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jbserra
steeevin wrote:Does this come with a warranty? Newegg shows a 90 day warranty.

Woot shows 90 days on the main page as well.

hippielady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippielady

[quote postid="5587181" user="Mattte"]Seems to be a better deal than the other PC that's popped up a few times in the last few days: http://www.woot.com/offers/hp-quad-core-desktop-with-1-5tb-hd-3

I bought the rebranded "Famous Maker" (HP) 6 core on Moofi a couple months ago and am super happy with it. Also bought a HP quad core refurb from Woot a few years ago and it's a great system as well. Ten-fifteen years ago I really disliked HP's, but they're serving me well now (I do usually end up upgrading the wimpy power supplies though.)

rmackey91

vocalyouth wrote:Would this be a good machine to replace my old Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz machine that has 4gb ddr2 ram with?

Depends on how old the processor is. Do you know the exact model of the processor? You can compare it at: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-5500+APU. If your processor is more than a couple years old I can guarantee this one is better.

If I were in the market for a new PC I would buy this one in a heartbeat becuase of the expandability (up to 32Gb RAM, PCI slots, etc...) And your graphics card is WAY better than the integrated graphics of this desktop, so I would definitely toss it in (there is a PCI express x16 slot in this desktop, which fits your graphics card). Only thing to consider is that the recommended power supply for the card is 400W while this computer's PSU is 300W...

Mattte

Video from a past sale that sold me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xW_s3x5k2s

EDIT: Also, thanks to everyone for their answers/help.

jbserra

Crap Woot! I guess it's time to upgrade the family PC.

Checking Amazon and Newegg really sold it for me. Sounds like a nice PC at a good price.

lobito

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lobito

Anyone know if this can support two monitors (simultaneous use), one on DVI and one on the VGA?

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
Mattte wrote:Sorry, I meant in terms of the other computer that's been popping up on Woot

Ah, then I'll leave that to somebody who's better with hardware than I am.

In any case, I've pulled the trigger since dad and the kids need a replacement for the old desktop they ruined. Yay early crimmas presents!

rmackey91

lobito wrote:Anyone know if this can support two monitors (simultaneous use), one on DVI and one on the VGA?

It's usually safe to assume no when dealing with integrated graphics. You could pick up a graphics card for ~$50 which would allow dual monitor support.

EDIT: Looks like you may be able to! Expand "Video Graphics"...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03673337

Mattte

In looking for a PSU to upgrade to, I ran across a pretty good deal on a 650W SeaSonic PSU ($69.99 after rebate) for anyone interested: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/104280/newegg---seasonic-x-series-650w-80-plus-gold-modular-power-supply

lordreaper28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordreaper28
lobito wrote:Anyone know if this can support two monitors (simultaneous use), one on DVI and one on the VGA?

Yes It can, simply, you dont need to buy any extra stuff

lordreaper28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordreaper28
ssih wrote:Win 8 devalues it considerably.

Not true, windows 8 is way better than win 7, my grandparents could use windows 8, its way simpler

amvirgin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amvirgin

I bought one very similar in March and it is very good. Two things I will point out that make this better than mine. The first I think is very important and often overlooked. This one has unoccupied dirve bays that allow adding more storage very easy. the second is that unlike mine this has wifi which may make it more flexible.

bmattx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmattx
amvirgin wrote:I bought one very similar in March and it is very good. Two things I will point out that make this better than mine. The first I think is very important and often overlooked. This one has unoccupied dirve bays that allow adding more storage very easy. the second is that unlike mine this has wifi which may make it more flexible.

Was this thing available today? I saw it last week and was planning on pulling the trigger but the HP sale ended Monday.

amvirgin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amvirgin
bmattx wrote:Was this thing available today? I saw it last week and was planning on pulling the trigger but the HP sale ended Monday.

No the one I bought was HP p6-2378 and I haven't seen it for awhile. The Hp machines are all quite similar but the lack of an empty drive bay is annoying. I added an SSD as my system drive and basically layed it inside the case or used twist ties to immobilize it.

jbserra

Early posters were right, Windows 8 sucks, even with the latest update. I work with computers daily and there is not one thing that is intuitive to me on this OS. Already looking for Win7 x64 to reload this machine.

If it allows me, I might even try XP just to get rid of this crap...