WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BH North America Garage Storage

Finally! I've been waiting so long for a place to store my garage. It's been sitting there, next to my house, for all these years, and all I want to do is put it somewhere. Thank you Woot for finally presenting the solution to my problems! ... Huh? That's not how this works? Put stuff IN your garage? What's the point of that?

Quality Posts

brentphx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brentphx

So, for lack of description or pictures on these... shall I just assume that they're just empty inside? Wow, a nice looking 2 door storage cabinet... that apparently has no shelves or tools for organization inside.

"Shelving: 1" moisture resistant; 200 lb load rating" Great... they can hold... 1 inch of moisture?? and 200 lbs?? but how many are there? How are they attached inside? what do they LOOK like?

worst... marketing pitch... ever! Here's a pretty box... don't worry about what's inside it, it's on SALE!

kurbycar32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurbycar32

Not to bag on this specific product but in my travels I have discovered it was cheaper and better looking to have cabinets custom built for my garage, and installed by the cabinet people. My cabinets don't even touch the floor

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brentphx wrote:So, for lack of description or pictures on these... shall I just assume that they're just empty inside? Wow, a nice looking 2 door storage cabinet... that apparently has no shelves or tools for organization inside.

"Shelving: 1" moisture resistant; 200 lb load rating" Great... they can hold... 1 inch of moisture?? and 200 lbs?? but how many are there? How are they attached inside? what do they LOOK like?

worst... marketing pitch... ever! Here's a pretty box... don't worry about what's inside it, it's on SALE!

If you look at the features on each of the pieces, you'll see that they describe the inner shelves.

For example:

Ulti-MATE Garage PRO GA-06PC 2-Door Tall Cabinet
Strong 1'' thick fully wrapped and edge banded shelves (1-fixed and 2-adjustable)

Ulti-MATE Garage PRO GA-01PC 2-Door Base Cabinet
Strong 1'' thick fully wrapped and edge banded adjustable shelf

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313

In the two photos with the Ducati, that garage floor looks cleaner than any floor in my house.

Epsilon263

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Epsilon263

Are the Ducati and Ladder included in this deal? If so, im in for 3!

D-RAD

ramedog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramedog

MDF and Pressboard, no thanks

omnichad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omnichad

Wow - that 10-piece pro package sure makes a garage look just like a kitchen.

My first thought when I saw the picture is "who parks their bike in the kitchen?"

Maybe it was just the tile floor - but the arrangement of cabinets looks like a lot of kitchens I've been in.

eduardfigueroa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eduardfigueroa

Seriously woot! I've been wanting to buy something like this for months and have done a lot of research. To be honest, I don't see what the sale price is here. I can find a better deal at that auction site. The reason I haven't bought it there yet was because I was waiting on you to put on a sale, yeah you woot!, to post a better deal. What a disappointment...

kmurphy4000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmurphy4000

Does it bother anyone else that the 2-door cabinet and the 3-door cabinet are not the same height?

It looks weird to me when they're mounted right next to each other.

bosfordjd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bosfordjd
kmurphy4000 wrote:Does it bother anyone else that the 2-door cabinet and the 3-door cabinet are not the same height?

They're the same height, there is a work surface added to the top, that's why it's not flush all the way across.

or are you talking about the upper cabinets?

bosfordjd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bosfordjd

Plus I got the 12 piece here:

http://www.onewayfurniture.com/ultimate-garage-pro-ga-1200kpc.html

For 1699.99 back in June. It's 2895 now.

bhnorthamerica

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bhnorthamerica
kmurphy4000 wrote:Does it bother anyone else that the 2-door cabinet and the 3-door cabinet are not the same height?

Hi,

I'm from BH North America, manufacturer of Ulti-MATE Garage PRO cabinets.

The height is different because of use of the included 70.75" Black Worktop surface that bridges across the 1-door and 3-drawer base cabinet to create a workstation (just add a comfy stool). Worktop is 1.5" thick MDF, so yes, if you copied cabinet layout as pictured, would show height difference.

Image represents one of infinite design options.

Thank you,
BH North America

loofa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loofa

Forget the Ducati. I'll bite if a Starbuck's gift certificate is included.

skkipp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skkipp

Can the BH North American rep clarify if the weight capacity is 200 lbs per shelf or 200 lbs total per cabinet

Zodiac541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zodiac541

Is it just me, or is that Ducati a Desmosedici?

Pretty sure it is. $72,000 bike.

sunnysideup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnysideup
bosfordjd wrote:They're the same height, there is a work surface added to the top, that's why it's not flush all the way across.

or are you talking about the upper cabinets?

Door not drawer..
Noticed that the representative answered that wrong also.
It does look uneven.

akafll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akafll
Zodiac541 wrote:Is it just me, or is that Ducati a Desmosedici?

Pretty sure it is. $72,000 bike.

...Not just any Sedici, this is a 2009 "RR"; a street legal Race Replica.

And when you're done tricking out your garage with cool BH North storage units, you can get the custom Tundra Transporter to haul it around:

Tundra Transporter

....Ahhh, maybe Santa will take pity on me this year?

lamcjunk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lamcjunk

We have these and find them to be nice quality and attractive. That being said...there are some things one stores in the garage that are too wide to fit into any of the sizes we bought.

Note that the 2/3 door wall cabinets are not only different heights, but the photo looks like they are different widths too.

petecope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petecope

What's the difference between the standard and the PRO series cabinets?

bhnorthamerica

Rep for Ulti-MATE,

Cabinets are modular, don't need to be installed next to each other, that's one of infinite design options. Pictured image shows a compact space saving design.

bhnorthamerica

petecope wrote:What's the difference between the standard and the PRO series cabinets?

Rep for Ulti-MATE,

Great question!! PRO line has a very distinct Silver color, offers thicker (1") shelves that are fully wrapped and edge banded all around, which offer much more strength and moisture resistance compared to not fully wrapped shelves that are 3/4" thick on standard line. Standard line has 3/4" extension drawer glides, PRO, full extension. PRO has 2" taller feet on applicable cabinets to further get cabinet off ground, PRO wall boxes are 1.5" deeper (14") for more storage space and handles/pulls are double the thickness.

Thanks.

bhnorthamerica

skkipp wrote:Can the BH North American rep clarify if the weight capacity is 200 lbs per shelf or 200 lbs total per cabinet

Rep for Ulti-MATE,

Yes , in testing conditions with weight evenly distributed. I recommend keeping total cabinet weight load under 300 lbs.

Thanks.

bhnorthamerica

lamcjunk wrote:We have these and find them to be nice quality and attractive. That being said...there are some things one stores in the garage that are too wide to fit into any of the sizes we bought.

Note that the 2/3 door wall cabinets are not only different heights, but the photo looks like they are different widths too.

Rep for Ulti-MATE,

Thank you.

Yes, wall boxes are different. Three door is not only wider and shorter, but partitioned between each door, so a great cubby cabinet for smaller items. Two door wall box differs, not only from dimensions, but is non partitioned and offers more diverse storage options in my opinion.

Thanks.

bhnorthamerica

omnichad wrote:Wow - that 10-piece pro package sure makes a garage look just like a kitchen.

My first thought when I saw the picture is "who parks their bike in the kitchen?"

Maybe it was just the tile floor - but the arrangement of cabinets looks like a lot of kitchens I've been in.

Rep for Ulti-MATE,

Funny you say that, as some of our professional cabinet installers have told me of installing in kitchens before. They're cheaper in most cases, better quality and if looking for a different look, which is trending now...why not.

Also, our data shows that about 30% of time, these are not used in garages, but in spare rooms, kids rooms for retro or Nascar theme (3-drawer cabinet works great as a sock drawer, with work top holding tv, etc), commercial locations for strength and style beyond the typical tin can boxes used to hold office supplies, etc.

Thanks.

bhnorthamerica

kurbycar32 wrote:Not to bag on this specific product but in my travels I have discovered it was cheaper and better looking to have cabinets custom built for my garage, and installed by the cabinet people. My cabinets don't even touch the floor

Sales rep for Ulti-MATE,

Many professional cabinet installers know how to hang our floor standing cabinets, particularly, the tall 2-door cabinet, but not recommended and why we void warranty if done.....use extreme caution, not just with our cabinets, but with any cabinets...can be very dangerous....careful.

P.S.

I and professional cabinet installers recommend bolting cabinet through back cabinet spanner(s) to stud of wall for added stability.

Thanks.

Segerone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Segerone

Hello Sales rep for Ulti-MATE,

I saw on the Ulti-MATE web site that I can upgrade the worktop to butcher block for $75.00. Are you aware of any way that I can combine that with this Woot offer?

bhnorthamerica

Segerone wrote:Hello Sales rep for Ulti-MATE,

I saw on the Ulti-MATE web site that I can upgrade the worktop to butcher block for $75.00. Are you aware of any way that I can combine that with this Woot offer?

Hi Ulti-MATE rep here,

Sorry, no. These two (2) packages come with Black PVC wrapped 1.5" inch thick recessed and channeled MDF top.

Thanks.

Prngr44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

Man. Nice price on this 10 piece set. ~500+ less than other sources online.

WillAdams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WillAdams

Question. Anyone order this, get the order confirmation, and then not have it show up in your "Stuff you bought" tab, and not been charged? Am I missing something? Do I need to wait for the deal to end for anything to happen?

wmubrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmubrown

Ridiculous... $529 for a pressed board (that's what MDF is folks) cabinet? I bought a similar sized steel cabinet, with wheels, and lockable, at Sam's club for $189. I looked into these cabinets a few months ago when seriously shopping for the garage... read the reviews - the shelves sag even without anything on them. Overpriced junk IMO.

akafll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akafll
WillAdams wrote:Question. Anyone order this, get the order confirmation, and then not have it show up in your "Stuff you bought" tab, and not been charged? Am I missing something? Do I need to wait for the deal to end for anything to happen?

The exact same thing happened to me. I contacted support and this is what they said:

Sorry but the order attempt was unsuccessfully placed and ultimately denied.

Tyler

I had another item in my cart, which did not process either. So I suspect Woot was having bigger issues beyond BH North items. Oh well, maybe next time...