WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Philips Home Theater

What are you gonna call your home theater? The Rialto? The Avalon? The Bijou? The Odeon? The Loews Midtown? The Movie Barn? This Philips home theater gear suggests so many glamorous possibilities!
Philips USA official site

edgooddeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgooddeal

I purchesed two of the 39 inch sets the last time they were offered. The packaging was horrible and was never shipped until i complained i never received the order. One set was smashed when finally delivered and now waiting for a refund.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

edgooddeal wrote:I purchesed two of the 39 inch sets the last time they were offered. The packaging was horrible and was never shipped until i complained i never received the order. One set was smashed when finally delivered and now waiting for a refund.

Sorry for the problem. We sell hundreds of TVs in each sale. Most arrive in great condition and we rarely hear back from the happy people sitting on the their couches posting. There are some though that take a beating during delivery and our CS will work with you to return and/or refund the item.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. We sell hundreds of TVs in each sale. Most arrive in great condition and we rarely hear back from the happy people sitting on the their couches posting. There are some though that take a beating during delivery and our CS will work with you to return and/or refund the item.

I'm not on a couch, but I am using a factory reconditioned Vizio as the PC monitor to type this- it's been going strong for more than a year- and I have a Phillips 37" similar to one offered here that I bought in a prior sale and received it without any problems or complaints about packaging.

Kay0sth30ry

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kay0sth30ry
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. We sell hundreds of TVs in each sale. Most arrive in great condition and we rarely hear back from the happy people sitting on the their couches posting. There are some though that take a beating during delivery and our CS will work with you to return and/or refund the item.

I think it's just with Phillips products. I bought a sound bar last year, and same thing. Packaging was horrible and broken, and it was even missing the remote. Everything else I've bought from Woot was never that bad.

vilhiem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vilhiem

I'm seeing bad reviews about the blu-ray player. Freezing, remote, and the wifi all being a little on the cruddy side. "When it works, it's great."

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP2985-F7-Blu-Ray-Playback/dp/B00BADVR3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382166474&sr=8-1&keywords=Philips+BDP2985%2FF7N

Overall, a 3/5 on amazon.

As for those mentioning packaging issues or missing parts when it arrives... I'm noting this across the board with Philips products.
Doesn't mean all are like that, but enough to take note on.

Oh, and I've purchased a handful of items from Woot. I've only had two issues and they resolved them faster and easier than I'd have ever hoped for!

tony4thgen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tony4thgen
vilhiem wrote:I'm seeing bad reviews about the blu-ray player. Freezing, remote, and the wifi all being a little on the cruddy side. "When it works, it's great."

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-BDP2985-F7-Blu-Ray-Playback/dp/B00BADVR3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382166474&sr=8-1&keywords=Philips+BDP2985%2FF7N

Overall, a 3/5 on amazon.

As for those mentioning packaging issues or missing parts when it arrives... I'm noting this across the board with Philips products.
Doesn't mean all are like that, but enough to take note on.

Oh, and I've purchased a handful of items from Woot. I've only had two issues and they resolved them faster and easier than I'd have ever hoped for!

i ordered the sound bar last time it was for sale..package came perfect, the sound for the price is great. i recommend not using RCA's and invest in a optical cord. Again setup was a breeze and sound is good.

jeffnkim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffnkim

I'm not tech savvy. Can u tell if the speaker connections are wireless?

bcurt002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcurt002
jeffnkim wrote:I'm not tech savvy. Can u tell if the speaker connections are wireless?

they are not wireless

vilhiem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vilhiem
tony4thgen wrote:i ordered the sound bar last time it was for sale..package came perfect, the sound for the price is great. i recommend not using RCA's and invest in a optical cord. Again setup was a breeze and sound is good.

I thought about getting the soundbar... So many mixed reviews on that too. Did you experience any issues with it?

I'd love to have one for my TV, especially if those have a built-in ability to equalize sound that's being piped through. Nothing more annoying that commercials coming on and the sound is twice what it was for the movie or show.

Edit: And does anyone have experience with that blu-ray player specifically? I've been eyeballing them with a sound-bar...

tony4thgen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tony4thgen
vilhiem wrote:I thought about getting the soundbar... So many mixed reviews on that too. Did you experience any issues with it?

I'd love to have one for my TV, especially if those have a built-in ability to equalize sound that's being piped through. Nothing more annoying that commercials coming on and the sound is twice what it was for the movie or show.

Edit: And does anyone have experience with that blu-ray player specifically? I've been eyeballing them with a sound-bar...

doesnt have that type of setup or options...its just a plug and play type of thing...again great price for good quality sound.

element4lifex8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages element4lifex8

I'm happy with the soundbar. I bought it here last time they had the Philips home theater sale, and been using it for about a month now. Nice clear sound, but not extremely loud, but as good as you could expect for a $50 sound bar.

jedinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jedinc

Regarding screen sizes: should be approximately 1/3 the size of the distance between you and the front of the television.
That is based on advice given in PC Magazine some time ago. I set my house up on that advice and it seems to work well.

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5

I bought the $89 Philips home theater as a gift for a family member. I set it up and I have to admit I am impressed. The video is very good. The sound is pretty good, better than anything built into a current skinny flat screen TV. It also has an impressive set of features. It can can connect to your wireless router and stream video via WIFI. The only real bad thing I have to say after a week of use is that it reacts very slowly to inputs. When I switch from video to radio, it takes a few seconds. Same thing when you first start it up. I have to say that this is not just an issue with this unit. I'm old enough to remember when "old fashioned" radios and TV's turned on and switch functions pretty much instantly. Now with these "advanced" units you have to wait for them to turn on and then it takes a couple of long seconds to switch a TV channel.

megamjm21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megamjm21

i purchased one with the latest sell and have yet to receive it :/ the tracking says it was delivered in one day? D:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

megamjm21 wrote:i purchased one with the latest sell and have yet to receive it :/ the tracking says it was delivered in one day? D:

I think that was the shirt that was on the same order. Your Philips item will ship shortly. The sale would have said 3-5 business days. Today is the 5th business day. With the weekend, you should see a new tracking number on Monday or Tuesday.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cristale82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristale82

I just wanted to say that my TV arrived today in perfect condition and packaging.

I almost bought this several times, but was scared of all the negative packaging comments. I finally bought it on the 19th and it showed up today, without any prior tracking info, in great condition!

jester6641

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jester6641

My 39" TV just showed up all busted to tarnation. The FedEx guy actually asked me to open it before he'd let me sign - the box was in that bad of shape. So...that's going back.

Also, woot is saying my item is "Shipping Now" with no tracking number. Glad I happened to be home to catch this and not just have it dropped off at my door.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jester6641 wrote:My 39" TV just showed up all busted to tarnation. The FedEx guy actually asked me to open it before he'd let me sign - the box was in that bad of shape. So...that's going back.

Also, woot is saying my item is "Shipping Now" with no tracking number. Glad I happened to be home to catch this and not just have it dropped off at my door.

Bummer, I'm really sorry! Have you emailed Woot Member Services to let them know what's going on? If not, be sure to include your order number and user name along with your situation. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kwbelt1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwbelt1

My soundbar showed up yesterday it sat outside for a while since a) ups fedex didn't knock and b) no shipping info showed up on woot.

I'd like to say I'm pleased with it, but it doesn't work. Philips CS seems to be closed until Monday.

Davish1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Davish1

Just received the tv. Mine was SMASHED too. Sent an email to woot support. Grrrr. !@#$%^&*()

Based on the frequency of the problem with this particular set, I am suspect of the quality of the packaging.

manhandsha

Staff

Davish1 wrote:Just received the tv. Mine was SMASHED too. Sent an email to woot support. Grrrr. !@#$%^&*()

Based on the frequency of the problem with this particular set, I am suspect of the quality of the packaging.

I'm sorry for the trouble. Does it seem like it was the factory packaging or shipping packaging that was the issue? I'd suggest taking advantage of the warranty. Please feel free to email Woot Member Services if you need further assistance along the way; be sure to include your user name and order number so they can find your info more quickly. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jester6641

manhandsha wrote:Bummer, I'm really sorry! Have you emailed Woot Member Services to let them know what's going on? If not, be sure to include your order number and user name along with your situation. support@woot.com

Yes, I emailed them. They're off for the weekend, apparently, but I expect to be contacted pretty early Monday (ahem).

As for the question further down on whether it was the shipping packaging or the product packaging that seemed inadequate - there was no shipping packaging. It was sent just in the Phillips TV retail box which was totally inadequate for shipping.

Also, it was clearly visible as a 39" Philips TV in case I had wanted to brag about it to my neighbors had the TV shown up in Friday when I wasn't home and sat on my porch unattended all day.

Of course, had someone snagged it, joke's on them, right?

manhandsha

Staff

jester6641 wrote:Yes, I emailed them. They're off for the weekend, apparently, but I expect to be contacted pretty early Monday (ahem).

As for the question further down on whether it was the shipping packaging or the product packaging that seemed inadequate - there was no shipping packaging. It was sent just in the Phillips TV retail box which was totally inadequate for shipping.

Also, it was clearly visible as a 39" Philips TV in case I had wanted to brag about it to my neighbors had the TV shown up in Friday when I wasn't home and sat on my porch unattended all day.

Of course, had someone snagged it, joke's on them, right?

Jeez, that's definitely not a good experience. Again, I'm sorry that happened. Keep us updated on how things are resolved!

kwbelt1

I would have to agree the packaging was lacking greatly. When I opened the box the soundbar had one piece of Styrofoam attached the other had fallen off and the bar was perched on the sub like a teeter totter moving around pretty freely.

pnfphilips

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pnfphilips

Philips is very sorry to hear about your packaging issues. Please be assured that Philips will stand behind the product. If you still have the damaged TV in your possession, please contact the call center at 1-866-309-5962 to arrange for a replacement. Corrective action is being taken to improve the packaging for all future shipments.

twopoint0h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twopoint0h

Hi, I just got the soundbar today and the packaging was just as bad. It was sitting in a large box with the styrofoam pieces that usually surrounding the corners of an item literally thrown on top.

Also the optical/digital inputs don't work. I tried to attach it to both a TV and a DVD player. Nada. I didn't try RCA, but its right next to the other two - so my guess is that if the other two don't work, RCA won't either. Maybe its something wrong with that connection. Because the 3.5 mm jack works fine.

The soundbar also makes an intermittent grinding sound. I have NO idea what that is about.
But its obvious it has to be returned. What do I do now? Do I call the same 1-800 number below?

Thanks

pnfphilips wrote:Philips is very sorry to hear about your packaging issues. Please be assured that Philips will stand behind the product. If you still have the damaged TV in your possession, please contact the call center at 1-866-309-5962 to arrange for a replacement. Corrective action is being taken to improve the packaging for all future shipments.

kwbelt1

twopoint0h wrote:Hi, I just got the soundbar today and the packaging was just as bad. It was sitting in a large box with the styrofoam pieces that usually surrounding the corners of an item literally thrown on top.

Also the optical/digital inputs don't work. I tried to attach it to both a TV and a DVD player. Nada. I didn't try RCA, but its right next to the other two - so my guess is that if the other two don't work, RCA won't either. Maybe its something wrong with that connection. Because the 3.5 mm jack works fine.

The soundbar also makes an intermittent grinding sound. I have NO idea what that is about.
But its obvious it has to be returned. What do I do now? Do I call the same 1-800 number below?

Thanks

The phone number I got with an online chat rep is 866-309-0866

twopoint0h

Cool. Thanks for the info.

kwbelt1 wrote:The phone number I got with an online chat rep is 866-309-0866

tjfromohio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjfromohio

Another busted TV here. To their credit Philips Support has been pretty responsive and are working to get a replacement sent out.

jester6641

manhandsha wrote:Jeez, that's definitely not a good experience. Again, I'm sorry that happened. Keep us updated on how things are resolved!

Looks like the TV is out of stock at Woot. Since I (logically) refused the package, that's who would be dealing with replacing or refunding. Since it's out of stock, refund it is.

Probably a better option than trying to play roulette with another TV.

kgfrayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgfrayne

Got my soundbar/subwoofer yesterday. The packaging inside the box was a mess, both pieces freely moving around, various styrofoam pieces appear to have fallen out of place (maybe, just a mess). The unit seems to work with the analog audio - I'm going to hook up both the digital inputs to ensure they are operational, as this is what I intend to eventually use.

I basically saved $25 over a new unit - hope I made the right choice.

twopoint0h

That's exactly what mine looked liked. I like the soundbar, the size and sound (when using the 3.5mm jack.) But I'm wondering if I should just try to get a refund and not deal with this. I'm sorry I bought a woot refurb now. I just don't like hassles.

kgfrayne wrote:Got my soundbar/subwoofer yesterday. The packaging inside the box was a mess, both pieces freely moving around, various styrofoam pieces appear to have fallen out of place (maybe, just a mess). The unit seems to work with the analog audio - I'm going to hook up both the digital inputs to ensure they are operational, as this is what I intend to eventually use.

I basically saved $25 over a new unit - hope I made the right choice.

Davish1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Davish1
manhandsha wrote:I'm sorry for the trouble. Does it seem like it was the factory packaging or shipping packaging that was the issue? I'd suggest taking advantage of the warranty. Please feel free to email Woot Member Services if you need further assistance along the way; be sure to include your user name and order number so they can find your info more quickly. support@woot.com

The tv was inadequately packaged.

I emailed the problem to Woot support on Saturday and received a reply on Tuesday, advising me to call FedEx and get a damage call tag and arrange pickup. My account would be credited upon receipt at Woot.

FedEx gave me a 12 HOUR window for the pickup! No kidding... 8am to 8pm! Then they said that pickups are generally in the morning, so I thought that would not be so bad. It is now 6pm, and FedEx has not showed up. I just called them at 5:30pm, and they said it is still on the schedule.

I have little, to zero, confidence in FedEx (ground). I asked if I could take the tv to a FedEx retail location, but they said that the call tag had to come with a delivery person.

Here I am, after waiting for ten hours, wishing I had thrown the tv out the window. My day is gone. My dinner plans are shot.

Previous Woot purchases have been flawless. Both product and service-wise. This one has been unfortunate.

UPDATE: FedEx showed up at 8:01pm, after a full 12 hour wait. Grrrr... Better than not showing up at all, as I was beginning to expect.

twopoint0h

Ugh. Just spoke with Philips customer service. They said I had to deal with Woot for a return.

I sent it in via the contact link here.

Thanks