billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

I got a charge out of this Woot offering. It's shocking great deal. Totally electrifying. Woot really amped up a great price.

Bill

AFilippello

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AFilippello
mrdancer wrote:If you're considering rechargeables, I highly recommend the Sanyo Eneloops - they are one of the better rechargeable batteries out there. They still retain 80% or more of their charge after sitting on the shelf for a year (my energizers seem to lose their charge after sitting for a week!) They are expensive, but you get what you pay for (still waiting for Woot to offer a deal on these). The LaCrosse BC1000 charger is also a nice companion - it can rejuvenate some of your rechargeables that are seemingly on their last legs.

You missed these a while ago...it was glorius!

http://www.woot.com/offers/eneloop-8pk-aa-with-4-position-charger

ayinwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayinwoot
bluemaple wrote:@hdtvcamera, I didn't claim the "Nova" name impacted sales as your post implies. Only that it illustrated a lack of cross cultural awareness, which it did.

Creds: I worked for an automotive company in the product area. I assure you this example was regularly brought up when evaluating product names. Snopes is not perfect - don't believe everything they say.

That may be true, but it doesn't mean that the story is true. A fictional tale used to teach some sort of lesson has value to both sides. While it may be a fabricated story, but the fact that it has been repeated so many times to teach a valuable lesson gives it some worthiness to be kept around regardless. For example, why do we keep the story of Santa Clause alive when we know it's absolutely false? Well, it gives small children an incentive to be good and is a bribing tool for parents. That's the simple answer, but it also boosts sales revenue, it's a marketing tool, and it's a symbol of the holidays.

So we can acknowledge the Nova story as being false, but we can also acknowledge that it is a good tool to teach aspiring marketing & business professionals that cultural awareness is important.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Will these work in my iPhone?

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
johnt007871 wrote:Isn't is 6?

6 times 1.5 is 9?

Yep. And if it were 4, a 9V battery would be square. :-)

bluemaple

OK, it would have been faster to find an image online, but more fun to open up a 9-volt battery myself...

Now we simply need to find a cheap source for AAAA batteries and we can reload our 9-volt cases. Lets see, @ $1.50 per new 9-volt those AAAA's would need to be less than $0.25 each. Now we see why 9-volt batteries are expensive.

[MOD: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! This was done by an untrained amateur.]

@Mod, who said untrained? I've been taking things apart since I was 5 years old... almost a half century ago! ;-) Most of my fingers, vision, and hearing have survived. Good thing I didn't run it thru my band saw since it would have been faster or you might have deleted my post. ;-)

Sparks361

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sparks361

Where do you find shipping charges before committing credit card data?

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66
spiderdad wrote:Just the other day, my son said, "We need some more Woot batteries" since we're running out of the last Kodak shipment we bought for our gamer controllers. Do you have our house bugged?

Or maybe woot just sells batteries so often that anyone could make that statement at any time and it would always be true.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mick66 wrote:Or maybe woot just sells batteries so often that anyone could make that statement at any time and it would always be true.

Hey now!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

marceepauff wrote:Will these work in my iPhone?

Of course!!

Set them on top of your phone overnight. 9V works best for this - use at least 4.

In the morning, with your phone in your right hand (this is important), click your heels three times and say "I will stop asking that stupid question."

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sparks361 wrote:Where do you find shipping charges before committing credit card data?

It's always $5 per order - as much as you want to stuff in your cart.

patrickfoxchild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patrickfoxchild

Sony makes canned beer? Oh, wait, those are batteries...

Wait, Sony makes batteries??

bgborkosky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgborkosky

IDK about these batteries, but the GoGreen rechargables I purchased from Woot were horrid

timmyboy1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timmyboy1
AlexD wrote:12 Rayovac D cells are $12.76 on amazon with free shipping for prime customers such as me ... this is no good deal woot!

Alkaline Rayovacs? Got a link? I haven't seen them that cheap on Amazon Prime...

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet
Sparks361 wrote:Where do you find shipping charges before committing credit card data?

Shipping is $5 (total) for all you can buy in one day... Just add it all to the cart then check out at the end. see this link

[edit] OOPS, just re-read the thread and saw that TT had already answered this question. Oh well...[/edit]

wanpakumono

quality posts: 64 Private Messages wanpakumono
bluemaple wrote:@hdtvcamera, I didn't claim the "Nova" name impacted sales as your post implies. Only that it illustrated a lack of cross cultural awareness, which it did.

Creds: I worked for an automotive company in the product area. I assure you this example was regularly brought up when evaluating product names. Snopes is not perfect - don't believe everything they say.

If you would have read the article, you would have read the following: " In fact, GM was aware of the translation and opted to retain the model name "Nova" in Spanish-speaking markets anyway, because they (correctly) felt the matter to be unimportant."

They were culturally aware, just didn't think it was important.

bluemaple

wanpakumono wrote:If you would have read the article, you would have read the following: " In fact, GM was aware of the translation and opted to retain the model name "Nova" in Spanish-speaking markets anyway, because they (correctly) felt the matter to be unimportant."

They were culturally aware, just didn't think it was important.

@wanpakumono, OK replace "awareness" with "sensitivity". The hair is split. The principle point is the same.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

These came in my Sony Camera, I bought it about 3 months ago. The lasted longer than I thought they would.

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey now!

I didn't say it was a bad thing

dspringchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dspringchicken

I am a little leary of buying. I wish they specified expiration dates on these batteries.

zephod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zephod
dspringchicken wrote:I am a little leary of buying. I wish they specified expiration dates on these batteries.

Read the Specs! It's all there.
2018 for some and 2020 for others.

dwasifar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dwasifar

Part of my order arrived today. They appear to have been drop-shipped directly from Woot's supplier; the return address is not Woot, but some wholesaler in Virginia.

The shipment was just 72 made-in-Indonesia AAs loose in a box. Kind of strange that they weren't better packed. But they test okay.

Still waiting for the 9Vs. I have two tracking numbers in my order detail; one shows delivered and the other hasn't even started moving yet. Both originate in Virginia, so I'm guessing they're coming from the same warehouse. They must be doing the AAs first and I'll see the 9Vs later.

mike.francis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mike.francis

Just received my 72 pack of Sony AA batteries. Except that there were only 45 batteries in a box that was sized for 72. The batteries were touching one another. Now I have no idea which batteries are good and which ones have been discharged. Woot support refuses to answer my email or phone call. This is not what I would call customer service.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mike.francis wrote:Just received my 72 pack of Sony AA batteries. Except that there were only 45 batteries in a box that was sized for 72. The batteries were touching one another. Now I have no idea which batteries are good and which ones have been discharged. Woot support refuses to answer my email or phone call. This is not what I would call customer service.

Sorry for the problem. I believe CS has replied to your email. If you could please check your spam/junk folders for the reply.