quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you enjoy eating crab?
  • 23.2% - Yes, but I don't enjoy getting guts all over myself 441
  • 40.4% - Yes, and I love cracking them open 766
  • 18.1% - No, it's too much hassle 344
  • 18.2% - No, I don't like the taste 346
1897 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Love does not encompass my feelings for crab. I see them in the bay, and only think about how delicious they would be, not how cute they are in their natural habitat.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

dboylan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dboylan

Crabs are not cute, they are relatives of lobsters; cockroaches of the sea.

nlevake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nlevake

The crabs I eat do not have their guts attached, and I do not love cracking them open. I love drenching them with butter and eating the whole delicious, hard-earned pile at once.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

Now what do you think....;-)

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab
dboylan wrote:Crabs are not cute, they are relatives of lobsters; cockroaches of the sea.

Watch it with the name calling...;-)

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

OTHER: I would enjoy eating crab if they didn't get killed so inhumanely.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

At my last physical, my cholesterol level came back as "crab".

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

I don't eat any carnivorous scavengers, reptiles, or amphibians... that would be like eating out of the trash!! (or worse... from the morgue!!!)

(No gator, croc, crabs, shrimp, shark, catfish, buzzards, condors, vultures, gulls, crow, cockroaches, beetles, rats, possums, raccoon, felines, canines, etc.)

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

If you're ever in San Francisco (we live near), here's a fun thing. Go to Fisherman's wharf and pick up some crab (they'll crack it for you), some sourdough bread, some drinks, and plenty of napkins. Then pack it all up and head out on one of those bay cruises. Beautiful, romantic, and a bit messy date.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender
DrHardcrab wrote:Watch it with the name calling...;-)

Right on, good Dr.! My sign is cancer, therefore I am a crab & I love my crab-self. While we are tasty I feel terrible for my crab brethren, being mass caught & torn apart ALIVE in the processing plant.

Poor lil' guys just wanna live out their crabby lives... & eyes on stalks are kinda cute! I thank you.

dnlkolender

ariellem wrote:OTHER: I would enjoy eating crab if they didn't get killed so inhumanely.

Indeed!!! Legs separated from body alive by machinery on a conveyer belt, one after the another... I shudder at the image... Poor lobsters have it bad to. Let's head to Red Lobster & FREE THEM ALL!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

I'm allergic to shellfish,... :-(

dnlkolender

dboylan wrote:Crabs are not cute, they are relatives of lobsters; cockroaches of the sea.

And the scallops, shrimps, mussels too??? Just cause a feller has a shell, ya gotta give it hell? Oh my crustacean friends, you still have my respect...

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Here in South Florida we have a sustainable delicacy, stone crabs. They just take one claw and throw the crab back to regrow it. Just started stone crab season, Oct. 15 - May 15.

czechmate64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czechmate64

Only Maryland blue crab with a LOT of Old Bay! Yum!!!

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
Halieus wrote:I don't eat any carnivorous scavengers, reptiles, or amphibians... that would be like eating out of the trash!! (or worse... from the morgue!!!)

(No gator, croc, crabs, shrimp, shark, catfish, buzzards, condors, vultures, gulls, crow, cockroaches, beetles, rats, possums, raccoon, felines, canines, etc.)

Calm down! I think your Yarmulke is screwed on too tight. Some of the animals you mention aren't scavengers, they are predators. If you want to eat how some 2000+ year old fairy tale tells you to, go right ahead. I prefer to find things out for myself.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

I enjoy eating soft-shell crab.

togle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages togle
The DarkSide wrote:I'm allergic to shellfish,... :-(

Me too. I loved it until I could no longer eat it. This poll gives me the sads :-(

reiver69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reiver69
Halieus wrote:I don't eat any carnivorous scavengers, reptiles, or amphibians... that would be like eating out of the trash!! (or worse... from the morgue!!!)

Same here - Kosher for me

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
czechmate64 wrote:Only Maryland blue crab with a LOT of Old Bay! Yum!!!

What he said...and nothing less than 7" point to point. Sitting out back, steaming heap of freshly steamed ches'peke crabs sprawled out on the newspapers, picking, grinning, spitting shell and rinsing the Old Bay down with an ice cold one or five.

And yeah - I like the guts and mustard when they're good and firm.

Tis the land of pleasant living indeed.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

koshhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koshhi
hosesplus wrote:Calm down! I think your Yarmulke is screwed on too tight. Some of the animals you mention aren't scavengers, they are predators. If you want to eat how some 2000+ year old fairy tale tells you to, go right ahead. I prefer to find things out for myself.

I like how you assume this has religious influence.

dboylan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dboylan
dnlkolender wrote:And the scallops, shrimps, mussels too??? Just cause a feller has a shell, ya gotta give it hell? Oh my crustacean friends, you still have my respect...

External exoskeleton = bug. Air,land or sea. They are all just a kind of bug.

Sorry you folks who like crustaceans (damn bug lovers).