ravynwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravynwolf

If I can I'm not calling anyone, I'm going to Old Chicago. Great Pizza and Awesome beer!

shoulda2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoulda2

My favorite after traveling for 3 years back and forth to Chicago and NYC is probably Lou Malnatis in Chicago.

All the "trendy" pizza places I ate at on the companies dime (some were $18 a slice) just got waaaayy to creative and just started putting unusual topping on the pizza or changed the presentation to be unique. I just like a nice pepperoni pizza without things like shrimp or popcorn on the top.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Maltby Pizza, the Paradise Special.

I kinda like Rock Wood Fired Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy also...but no delivery there.

I might have to try Domino's gf crust, though, now that I know about it.

Rapture2k1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rapture2k1

Johnny's Pizza! 71270!

pressmenot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pressmenot

I just like a nice pepperoni pizza without things like shrimp or popcorn on the top.[/quote]

So... popcorn shrimp would be right-out.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf
mrbinky3000 wrote:ANY pizza is better than Papa John's. Bleh!

or dominos or pizza hut!

bjfaber

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bjfaber

How can anyone not put ghostbusters?

People taking this too seriously, its pizza, not bacon!

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

Before I was married, it was Hungry Howie's, but I've been pretty spoiled in the last 12 years... haven't eaten pizza out since then because my wife makes the most amazing pizza at home.

She makes both the dough (different flavors) and pizza sauce (homemade, Italian-style) from scratch, adds whatever toppings we ask for, and then does a thin, medium, or thick crust depending on what we ask for.

Everyone I know (that will eat pizza) loves hers more than any pizza-joints.

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt
schwasd wrote:Donato's, Donato's, Donato's Edge-To-Edge Pepperoni!!!!!!

Not a month goes by where I dont miss donatos, they totally disappeared from the philly area years ago

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I live too far away for delivery (if they even deliver), but Buddy's Pizza in SE Michigan is the best local chain pizza I know. I may have to go and pick one up tonight.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender
moles1138 wrote:Giordano's
Pizzeria Uno
Gino's East
all in Chicago.

Boo-yah! Hail Chi-town!! Ya must include Damato's Bakery for real Italian pizza (if you haven't tried it, google them and get over there, pronto!!), Lou Malnati's, Ricobene's, My Pie & Home Run Inn on the south side. YUMMY!!!!!!

bmr13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmr13

Jets Pizza (they're everywhere in Michigan)

They have the BEST pan pizza around.

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

I'll make my own, thankyouverymuch.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
dnlkolender wrote:Boo-yah! Hail Chi-town!! Ya must include Damato's Bakery for real Italian pizza (if you haven't tried it, google them and get over there, pronto!!), Lou Malnati's, Ricobene's, My Pie & Home Run Inn on the south side. YUMMY!!!!!!

Is pronto about 8 hours?

rizzman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizzman

Bertucci's

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ

Papa Murphy's Take and Bake. Been eating it since the mid 80s (back when it was Papa Aldo's), worked there in high school, and I still eat it, so you know it's good.

shyflyguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shyflyguy

Does anyone actually make phone calls to the big stores anymore? I always just order online or through the app...

FWIW a good local shop would be great.. to bad none of my local shops are worth anything nor do they deliver!

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond
Pizzeria Uno
Gino's East
all in Chicago.

miss chicago (add Carmen's to that list) but found a local place that delivers and is fun to hang out in with visiting family --

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster

I live in Pasadena, CA, which is NOT the pizza capital of Earth. I usually go with who has the best coupon at the moment, which is usually Papa John's, but Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza is really good. Yes, I do try to support the little guy, but it's hard to justify spending $25 for a single pizza when I can get 2 for $20 delivered to my door.

loug41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loug41

you folks don't know pizza unless you are from NYC!

spldart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spldart

Little Ceasars as our local awesome pizza place went out of business :~(

melissa0329

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissa0329

Ledo's Pizza in Maryland is the best! Flaky crust, superb sauce!

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
viidim7 wrote:I'll make my own, thankyouverymuch.

Me too. Takes a while to perfect your technique. But my family was willing to eat all my early attempts.

culater02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages culater02

UDI Gluten Free at the grocery store

dns12999

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dns12999

As an 80's child I voted Ghostbusters however for pizza I usually go to local places there's some really good ones around. Domino's is gross Pizza Hut is tolerable Papa John's is decent if I feel like cheap pizza. Oh I'd also like to throw Pizzeria Uno in the mix. Their pizza is pretty good. Not local place good but better than the other chain places that I've tried.

xozibl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xozibl

Mellow Mushroom.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I call down to my mommy for more pizza rolls.

jeffredo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffredo

I live in California. If I do a chain pizza its "Round Table" or nothing.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
itoaseik wrote:Continental Pizza and Subs in Kensington, MD. Used to be called Tasty-Quick (TQ's), my uncles still always go whenever they come into town. Cheap and greasy, in the best way possible. (edit: forgot the question was for delivery, they don't deliver)

Brick's in Centreville and Falls Church, VA. Great pizza and great toppings.

Or if I go to the beach, Louie's Pizza in Rehoboth. Grotto tastes like doodoo.

Emilio's in Sterling, Virginia. (Brick oven)

Filippi's in San Diego (Little Italy and Kearny Mesa) (Old school)

Agree re: Grotto in Rehoboth. Gah!

TMBackstrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TMBackstrom

Papa Murphy's

buckylarue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckylarue
TMBackstrom wrote:Papa Murphy's

When we NEED pizza, it's Papa Murphy's all the way...but, when we want delivery, it's Chinese from Star Moon or sandwiches from Fat Lorenzo's.

klacour

quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour

867-5309

A woot minion since 2006 ...

spleen1666

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spleen1666

I live in NJ in the area known as the "outer NY metro area" so I have 10 pizza places in town not counting Dominoes, Pizza Hut or Papa Johns. Within 3 miles of my house there has to be over 20. So many delicious options.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley
Pizzeria Uno
Gino's East
all in Chicago.

Winner! Always try to stop at one of these places when visiting Chicago. Uno's franchised a while back and for a time there was one by us in Cupertino, CA. It sucked. Mercifully, it closed. Now we like Pizza My Heart.

shrubby77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shrubby77

I make my own pizza...

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Recently at work they provided free Domino's pizza. I decided to give it a chance because of their "we don't suck anymore" advertising campaign and most importantly: it was free. I honestly wouldn't have known they changed anything if they hadn't told me. It sure tasted like the same bad crust that is neither thin enough to be NY style or thick enough to be pan or chicago crust. Same boring sauce, same dry, mealy rabbit pellet-looking sausage, same artificial tasting cheese. Who eats this stuff by choice? It isn't even that cheap. If I want bad chain pizza I can buy little caesars. Yeah, that is terrible too, but it only costs $5.

The only excuse for ordering Domino's is if there are no other pizza restaurants around and your oven is broken. Unless you live in the smallest of towns, I can just about guarantee you that there is a local Italian restaurant/pizza place that mops the floor with Domino's (and probably Pizza Hut and Papa John's too). Or I guess from reading the other posts, you get an exemption if you have Celiac disease because they offer gluten free crust. I can't imagine they use a separate oven, pans or pizza cutters though, so you are probably screwed anyway. If you don't have Celiac and you are ordering gluten free... you are misguided at best.

axolot2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages axolot2

JETS Pizza. Handsdown. The. Best.

sorenwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorenwoot

Wait isn't that Jennys number?

GASmith01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GASmith01

I'm gonna call 867-5309 eeine eeine eeine.....

anthrax99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthrax99

Chain pizza stores are also all republican.