Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Item: HP 17.3" Full HD i7 TouchSmart Laptop
Price: $699.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/1/2013 - $699.99 - 55 comment(s)

09DZimmerman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 09DZimmerman

I don't know how much weight this comment will bring, but I am typing on almost the exact model of laptop being offered. The only difference is that I upgraded to a better graphics card.

Anyways, this has to be the best laptop I have ever used. The touchpad, everything about it is extremely well put together. I have had absolutely no problems with it, runs amazingly and have never loved a laptop so much. I've had it since mid-June when they first came out and it still runs like a dream, looks like it's new still because of the aluminum it's made out of.

Edit: With the 4700-MQ processor the battery life effectively lasts while I'm on campus without charging the entire day, which is roughly around 4-7 hours depending on what I do in the HP Recommmend settings which are essentially just balanced power output and power savings.
The quad-core and the ram 8gb is plenty I never get even close to hitting 4-5 gb used. Even during gameplay. The screen is fantastic, high density of pixels, looks amazing while watching movies.

Oh! and I'm really, really, really picky about chargers. This has the best charger type. The L that can go around corners. Literally, the best a charger can be. Also, the fans / heat are well-done. Any other questions, post! I'll try to answer.

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Is the dismembered arm included?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Not sure which processor is right for you? Check out this handy processor guide

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out a video

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
psm321 wrote:Is the dismembered arm included?

Initially, he was going to wax but then decided to just cut it all off because it's easier.

pv2omni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pv2omni

Hello,

I purchased this EXACT same computer, the last time it was available on Woot! I was a little leery about it just having Intel graphics, but buying it new and customized added A LOT of money! I figured that if I got it and needed the "higher" version, that I could make back most of my money, since this laptop ONLY came out in July2013, and buy the full customized version.

I have to say that, so far, I haven't had a need for anything else! Windows 8.0 worked well and the 8.1 update makes it even better! The only thing that I wish it came with, was Windows Pro. However, you can still buy it for $99, if you want!

The mSata WiFi is "User" upgradable. So is the 2 Memory Sticks. There is room for 2 Hard Drives. However, it only comes with 1 Seagate 1TB drive, but it has the hard drive cable for the 2nd drive already. Lastly, you can upgrade the Optical Drive, if you want!

It's a great deal, for current hardware!

Take Care,
"Sulli"

scott4381

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scott4381

Hey pv2omni,
Is your laptop's screen "anti-glare"? It certainly doesn't look it in the 2 videos posted in here, so I'm wondering what yours is like. Thanks!

pv2omni wrote:Hello,

I purchased this EXACT same computer, the last time it was available on Woot! I was a little leery about it just having Intel graphics, but buying it new and customized added A LOT of money! I figured that if I got it and needed the "higher" version, that I could make back most of my money, since this laptop ONLY came out in July2013, and buy the full customized version.

I have to say that, so far, I haven't had a need for anything else! Windows 8.0 worked well and the 8.1 update makes it even better! The only thing that I wish it came with, was Windows Pro. However, you can still buy it for $99, if you want!

The mSata WiFi is "User" upgradable. So is the 2 Memory Sticks. There is room for 2 Hard Drives. However, it only comes with 1 Seagate 1TB drive, but it has the hard drive cable for the 2nd drive already. Lastly, you can upgrade the Optical Drive, if you want!

It's a great deal, for current hardware!

Take Care,
"Sulli"

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Wow - AOL is looking sweet. Does it still say " YOU'VE GOT MAIL!" when you turn it on?

"Windows" and "Stable" in the same sentence? Oh woot!, you really do make the best jokes.....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, Windows 8 is here to stay so there's not much use in complaining about it here. I deleted a few posts.

Let's focus on the computer talk, ok?

Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

schep999

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schep999

"ThunderThighs" Hey all, Windows 8 is here to stay so there's not much use in complaining about it here. I deleted a few posts.

But will this run on a Mac?

Is that not the other common whining complaint?

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

Window 8 is fine and there are free apps that make it look like Windows 7.
Regarding this deal. Best Buy has it for $974, new with one year warranty. To get a one year warranty for this is $100. My guess is this will be a around $200 off new around Black Friday.
Food for thought.

schni

quality posts: 4 Private Messages schni
pv2omni wrote:I wish it came with, was Windows Pro. However, you can still buy it for $99

$69.99, if you're a student

sirfreakngroovn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirfreakngroovn

If this laptop has the air intake on the bottom like the previous generation of these laptops then you need to be careful not to set these on any soft surface where the airflow will be blocked, like a bed, while the computer is running or it will overheat. Also, the design seems to vacuum up dust so keep your compressed air can handy for blowing the dust out of the cooling fins. This design isn't unique to HP, Lenovo's current non-business laptops also have the air intake on the bottom.

sdasmah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdasmah

How Does it Run FPS games?

samhiatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samhiatt
09DZimmerman wrote:I don't know how much weight this comment will bring, but I am typing on almost the exact model of laptop being offered. The only difference is that I upgraded to a better graphics card.

Anyways, this has to be the best laptop I have ever used. The touchpad, everything about it is extremely well put together. I have had absolutely no problems with it, runs amazingly and have never loved a laptop so much. I've had it since mid-June when they first came out and it still runs like a dream, looks like it's new still because of the aluminum it's made out of.

Edit: With the 4700-MQ processor the battery life effectively lasts while I'm on campus without charging the entire day, which is roughly around 4-7 hours depending on what I do in the HP Recommmend settings which are essentially just balanced power output and power savings.
The quad-core and the ram 8gb is plenty I never get even close to hitting 4-5 gb used. Even during gameplay. The screen is fantastic, high density of pixels, looks amazing while watching movies.

Oh! and I'm really, really, really picky about chargers. This has the best charger type. The L that can go around corners. Literally, the best a charger can be. Also, the fans / heat are well-done. Any other questions, post! I'll try to answer.

rosebudjfg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosebudjfg

Bought this same exact Laptop earlier this month on Woot and loving it. So much faster than my desktop. No issues with it to date. Shipping was faster than I expected too.
Talking with the techs at work they were surprised at the price for such a high powered laptop even a refurbished one.

samhiatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samhiatt
samhiatt wrote:

Is the none glare screen good vs a gloss screen?. I was looking at a toshiba but this is a good price.

mc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mc
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, Windows 8 is here to stay...

...as was Vista.

ben4682

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ben4682
Pufferfishy wrote:Wow - AOL is looking sweet. Does it still say " YOU'VE GOT MAIL!" when you turn it on?

"Windows" and "Stable" in the same sentence? Oh woot!, you really do make the best jokes.....

Don't listen to this guy. He seems to be stuck in the early to mid 00s.

My last two laptops have been HP Envys running Windows 7 and Windows 8. My next laptop will be an Envy. I'm not claiming Windows is for everyone, but I've had no fewer problems with my last few Macs, they crash, too.

coolbluelb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coolbluelb

So what is the deal with woot and tax now-a-days? Seem to have noticed it showing up on my recent purchases here. I saw a post regarding the topic here earlier, but it seems to have been "cleaned". I was in for $699, but for $745, I will likely leave this refurb in my shopping cart and just wait for cyber-Monday.

moserk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moserk

The specification omitted to note that although it is dressed up like a PowerBook that it is still just a windows. I guess this is what constitutes a poor man's mac

coolbluelb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coolbluelb
moserk wrote:The specification omitted to note that although it is dressed up like a PowerBook that it is still just a windows. I guess this is what constitutes a poor man's mac

Boo... want a Mac, get a Mac. Pretty clear it is Windows from the big picture of Win8 in the description....

stewartb24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stewartb24

Cant get it to go through I am being denied anyone else? Tried 2 cards and called CC

edstreiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edstreiff
eq5150 wrote:Window 8 is fine and there are free apps that make it look like Windows 7.
Regarding this deal. Best Buy has it for $974, new with one year warranty. To get a one year warranty for this is $100. My guess is this will be a around $200 off new around Black Friday.
Food for thought.

I got this exact laptop last time it was on Woot. When I first turned it on a pop-up from HP loaded offering their 2 year accident/warranty product for 25% off. I clicked it and saw that it was already on sale so when all was said and done I got a 2 year accidental damage policy with 3 day on site repair for 84.95 I called and activated it yesterday with no issues got full protection for two years now. This laptop is the best computer I have ever used

edstreiff

moserk wrote:The specification omitted to note that although it is dressed up like a PowerBook that it is still just a windows. I guess this is what constitutes a poor man's mac

What a troll is obvious it's not a mac. Does apple have the exclusive right to manufacture a metal laptop?

edstreiff

coolbluelb wrote:So what is the deal with woot and tax now-a-days? Seem to have noticed it showing up on my recent purchases here. I saw a post regarding the topic here earlier, but it seems to have been "cleaned". I was in for $699, but for $745, I will likely leave this refurb in my shopping cart and just wait for cyber-Monday.

Yes I dislike the tax too but after Woot was bought by Amazon everything changed. Amazon now has a presence in a lot of states and agreements with others. You, like me, live in one of those states.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

stewartb24 wrote:Cant get it to go through I am being denied anyone else? Tried 2 cards and called CC

I'm sorry you're having trouble. If at all possible, can you take a screen shot of the error you're receiving? If you're able to, please feel free to PM me or email Woot Member services with the screen shot so we can investigate if it's something with the site or not. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

fatcatcloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatcatcloud

I bought the same model last time from woot, and found a serious wife issue. It disconnected from wife from time to time (almost each half hour), and called HP and could not fix it. So just returned it. Did anyone had the same issue. Really like this model but afraid would face the same problem again.

fatcatcloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatcatcloud

Last time I bought the same model from Woot but had a wifi issue. It disconnected from wifi automatically like each 30 minutes and I called HP, tried everything (update Bias, wifi driver...) but could not fix it, so returned it in the end. The wifi is ok for yours?

09DZimmerman wrote:I don't know how much weight this comment will bring, but I am typing on almost the exact model of laptop being offered. The only difference is that I upgraded to a better graphics card.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

fatcatcloud wrote:I bought the same model last time from woot, and found a serious wife issue. It disconnected from wife from time to time (almost each half hour), and called HP and could not fix it. So just returned it. Did anyone had the same issue. Really like this model but afraid would face the same problem again.

I hope you mean Wi-Fi? I'm not sure HP is the right place to go with wife problems.

Sorry you had trouble with the laptop though, that's a bummer.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

drbunne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drbunne
fatcatcloud wrote:Last time I bought the same model from Woot but had a wifi issue. It disconnected from wifi automatically like each 30 minutes and I called HP, tried everything (update Bias, wifi driver...) but could not fix it, so returned it in the end. The wifi is ok for yours?

I had the same problem where wifi would just stop. Other computers on my home network had no problems with wifi connectivity. After googling this model, I found others that had the same issue. I believe I did what you did. Ran all the hp updates (including a wifi update from August 2013) and windows updates. I made one other change. In the system event log, there was a message that seemed to occur when the wifi cut out, "Error 8003. Master browser has received ...". Another laptop on my network is the master browser. I turned off the Computer Browser service on this new laptop. After doing all three things, the wifi on this new hp laptop has been stable. Successfully watched several episodes of Homeland with no interruption. It was maddening, I was ready to drop the laptop out of a 2nd story window.

adsoden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adsoden
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, Windows 8 is here to stay so there's not much use in complaining about it here. I deleted a few posts.

Let's focus on the computer talk, ok?

Thanks!

Thank you
Ordered one will provide feedback

mcguiresean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcguiresean

Anyone else still waiting on their order to ship?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mcguiresean wrote:Anyone else still waiting on their order to ship?

Usually shipping can take 3-5 business days from the sale (in most cases it's actually quicker than that).
I would recommend that if you don't see any activity on your tracking info by tomorrow to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to help answer any questions you have about your order.

docguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docguy
mcguiresean wrote:Anyone else still waiting on their order to ship?

Mine still says "waiting to ship" or whatever, but it came in the mail yesterday. I'm typing on it now!

Maybe yours will come today or early next week? (Depending on where you live...)

w00tjtf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00tjtf

For those that purchased this... mine too said "waiting to ship" but I came home from work on Monday and it was sitting at my door.

Mine shipped with a bad charger (IE, it does not charge). After about an hour on chat support last night, they are sending me a new one.

Also, if you would like to delete the current Windows 8 with the pre-installed software and replace it with a clean version of Windows 8, you'll need to download the 915440.iso. Or, if you want to install it on an SSD you'll need this iso.

Put this into Google and you should find a place to download the iso
?intitle:index.of? en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso

I used that image to install it on an SSD and it is much faster.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, I'm trying to see I can find the right people to poke to find out about the tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders