skeptikult

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skeptikult

Love it with the exception of the blue tooth sucking. I have to have my phone within 3 feet of it or it craps out. Anyone else?

MarkUlm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkUlm
hatawa wrote:Is there any way to run two of these at the same time for an increase of area covered?

I have the same question--anyone?

krc333

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krc333

I assume this unit will stream any sound coming from your phone correct?

Netflix movies, ESPN radio AP etc?

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc

Bot one last time & getting another for a backup.

It has good sound for its size & works great on the golf course.

I have the grace extreme & jawbone & this one works just as well and is a much better price.

guiro33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guiro33

be warned, Pyle warranty process is pretty bad. I bought DJ speakers and within 2 months AUX cable was defective. I was told I had to pay for shipping both ways, which would total over $50. Granted, speakers sound great when it was working. However, making purchases with lousy warranties online makes me nervous. Just my thoughts

notes2john

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notes2john

So how BIG / HUGE is this thing... looking at the pictures IT'S GINORMOUS... Must be really loud too for the welding guy to be able to hear it through his ear protection!!!

leolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leolson

I bought one when it was on sale earlier. I used it all summer out on my patio and it even survived being left out in the rain. The sound is decent for its size. It is no replacement for a bigger speaker system, but it does sound better than the much more expensive Jambox that my wife bought me.

My only complaint is that the bluetooth reception is a little weak. I usually left my phone in the cupholder of my chair and it on a table 8-10' away. It worked fine unless someone walk in between, that is all it seemed to take to make it hiccup.

So, not perfect, but an excellent speaker for only $40.

Jomosan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jomosan

I bought this last time around and I'm underwhelmed.

The sound quality is 'so-so' and sounds a little hollow and the bluetooth reception is VERY poor. If I move my cell phone further than 5 feet from the speaker, there's no guarantee of crackle-free sound. I've used other bluetooth devices from a room away with no problem, this one is literally the worst I've ever seen.

renebruce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renebruce
neovenator wrote:Description says waterproof, but the video says it's only splashproof. Which is it?

For SURE splash proof. I use this while I stand up paddle, water comes across it all the time, works great, when I get out I rinse it with fresh water.. now I bought a few of these, I gave one to a pal, well his zombie friend let it soak in 6" deep of water, so it died...

renebruce

leolson wrote:I bought one when it was on sale earlier. I used it all summer out on my patio and it even survived being left out in the rain. The sound is decent for its size. It is no replacement for a bigger speaker system, but it does sound better than the much more expensive Jambox that my wife bought me.

My only complaint is that the bluetooth reception is a little weak. I usually left my phone in the cupholder of my chair and it on a table 8-10' away. It worked fine unless someone walk in between, that is all it seemed to take to make it hiccup.

So, not perfect, but an excellent speaker for only $40.

I agree for $40 it's great, the bluetooth sucks, but if your looking for great BT, then people need to buy a jambox at full pop, this is for sure good for floating a river, or stand up, kayaking, fishing, anything you wont have to have it be louder then a motor..

renebruce

jkirkc wrote:Bot one last time & getting another for a backup.

It has good sound for its size & works great on the golf course.

I have the grace extreme & jawbone & this one works just as well and is a much better price.

You are so right.. I have a once used jawbone I will sell anyone ??? Also the killer bluetooth westing house version.. as I have a few of these pyles now, love them ! They aren't super loud, but good for paddling etc...

renebruce

skeptikult wrote:Love it with the exception of the blue tooth sucking. I have to have my phone within 3 feet of it or it craps out. Anyone else?

3' seams very short... I have a few of these and average I have seen is about 10' one will go 20' the others seam pretty good at 10' and under. might also depend on what kinda case you have on your phone, as that will block BT signal!

hairylunch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hairylunch

Does anyone know if this will pair with multiple devices? I'm looking to replace an old Logitech Z515, and not being able to pair it to multiple devices has become an issue as I acquire more Bluetooth transmitting devices . . .

I'm not asking about simultaneous connections - I just want to know if it can pair with multiple devices. I want to avoid having to re-pair everytime I switch my audio source.

netheril

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netheril

It seems to have some issues with multiple devices. I had used my kindle with it one day and when i went to pair it with my phone I couldn't get it to work until I turned the kindle back on and turned off BT then turned it back on on my phone.

hairylunch wrote:Does anyone know if this will pair with multiple devices? I'm looking to replace an old Logitech Z515, and not being able to pair it to multiple devices has become an issue as I acquire more Bluetooth transmitting devices . . .

I'm not asking about simultaneous connections - I just want to know if it can pair with multiple devices. I want to avoid having to re-pair everytime I switch my audio source.

NertzTX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NertzTX

Bought one during the last round. It is used daily in the shower, and I've only had to charge it once.

Clay Mallouf

haz2beblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haz2beblue

Bought one a few months back. It's Pyle, what do you expect - it works, it's not Bose. It still holds a nice charge, about 6 straight hours. Portable yes, but not terribly small.

Honestly, save your $$, there's other Woot offerings for bluetooth speakers that are a better deal.

Jarvis Cocker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jarvis Cocker

...anymore info about pairing with multiple devices? Would like to know if I can use this device with 2 phones (not at the same time) without having to go through the pairing process each time? Can I simply turn off the BT on one phone and it pairs with the other automatically? If they are both already paired to speaker previously.

RGEarley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RGEarley
beachbumli247 wrote:Actually, you'd have a better chance of hearing it while welding. Based on the sparks flying, it appears he's using some sort of grinder, which there is no chance in hell he's hearing any sort of music playing.

I figure if you can hear this speaker through ear protectors, it's putting out way to much power and I don't want to risk damaging my ears! Sure as heck wouldn't want it next to my baby at the pool !

Bigrog29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigrog29

I like this thing...while the bluetooth range isn't great...it's got great sound. No this can not pair with multiple devices at the same time.

1patrickg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1patrickg1

I don't have any comments on this device but did want something like it. I bought the Kinivo BTX270. It does what this claims to do but is not waterproof. If good Bluetooth range and great sound is what you want, I highly recommend it. It also has an AUX input but best of all it's a hands-free cell phone speaker/mic that will automatically pause what you are listening to, let you answer the call, and resume where you left off before the call.
I got mine at Amazon for $40 a few months ago but see that they are now up to $65. If you are not in a hurry, wait for another sale. They are really great.

dhhart2237

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhhart2237

8:30 at night and not a single color is sold out. Not a good sign. Usually when I get home from work all the good stuff is sold out. I'll wait for a woot off.

cooleyandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooleyandy
dhhart2237 wrote:8:30 at night and not a single color is sold out. Not a good sign. Usually when I get home from work all the good stuff is sold out. I'll wait for a woot off.

Based on your logic, you'll always wait for a woot off, because either it gets sold out and you'll wait for a woot off, or it doesn't sell out, and so you'll wait for a woot off.

gruvmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruvmeister

Anyone know how much this device weighs? Thinking about getting it for backpacking but weight is a factor.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

gruvmeister wrote:Anyone know how much this device weighs? Thinking about getting it for backpacking but weight is a factor.

It's listed the in Specs tab on the sale: Weight: 1.5 lbs

I hope that helps!

gruvmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruvmeister
ROGETRAY wrote:It's listed the in Specs tab on the sale: Weight: 1.5 lbs

I hope that helps!

Bah, I looked everywhere on the manufacturer's site and didn't even see it here. Thanks!

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 40 Private Messages dernst_ca1

I haven't had much luck with any BT speakers with the exception of Logitech.

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

niceum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages niceum

The important thing with a bluetooth speaker is the "range."
This thing has terrible range.

I guess if you want it for the boat, or something, but I don't fully understand the benefit to waterproof, since your phone is not waterproof and the range isn't good, so they have to be near each other.

WhaThe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhaThe

I bought one after passing last round. I'd really like a UE Boom but those are $200. I just need something for sitting on the patio while sipping beer. I feel like a dork wearing headphones and its nice to be able to share when others are around.

I'll take a chance for $40.

Now if they would just ship the thing before it is impossible to sit outside in Chicago.

iambreezy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iambreezy

i think it sounds pretty good for what it is and like that it has an avg battery life of 6 hours. Bluetooth range isn't too good, but it suits my needs.

parkerman08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerman08

I purchased this woot, I was really excited about it... I thought maybe I could use it as a shower speaker.

For those saying this has great sound... I really hope mine is just a piece of junk and your ears really aren't that damaged.

Any moderately high note, no matter the volume, distorts, buzzes, and crackles. I keep thinking well maybe it's just the song, but no... on everything, every style... It sounds unbearable.

Like I said, I really hope mine is bad... As I read great reviews before I made the purchase. But currently I have a pretty ugly $40 paperweight.

So disappointed, I was really looking forward to a nice little speaker.

ROGETRAY

Staff

parkerman08 wrote:I purchased this woot, I was really excited about it... I thought maybe I could use it as a shower speaker.

For those saying this has great sound... I really hope mine is just a piece of junk and your ears really aren't that damaged.

Any moderately high note, no matter the volume, distorts, buzzes, and crackles. I keep thinking well maybe it's just the song, but no... on everything, every style... It sounds unbearable.

Like I said, I really hope mine is bad... As I read great reviews before I made the purchase. But currently I have a pretty ugly $40 paperweight.

So disappointed, I was really looking forward to a nice little speaker.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your purchase. I recommend that you goto Pyle Audio Contact Page and see if they can't help remedy the issue. You should still have the 1 Year Pyle Warranty.

If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be more than happy to help answer any questions or concerns you might have.

bestamyever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bestamyever

I never ordered this, my cc was stolen and this was purchased. Scary part is Woot has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. I reached them through email and they basically said oh well. Now I am stuck doing a fraud claim through Paypal. Thanks for the service, Woot, [MOD: profanity removed].

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bestamyever wrote:I never ordered this, my cc was stolen and this was purchased. Scary part is Woot has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER. I reached them through email and they basically said oh well. Now I am stuck doing a fraud claim through Paypal. Thanks for the service, Woot, [MOD: profanity removed].

Sorry for the problems with the unexpected order.

I did talk to CS. They explained that they couldn't stop the shipment - order had already been processed. They suggested that you request an RMA as soon as you receive it. Seeing as it's being shipped to your billing address, you will be the one receiving it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wish2fish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wish2fish

I only received 2 of my 3 ordered. One is missing in transit. My brother has 2 missing in transit.

Not happy with the packaging for shipping. They are just wrapped with cardboard leaving the ends open. I ordered them for Christmas gifts and the ends are a little beat up. Why wouldn't Woot throw all 3 in one box and ship?

ROGETRAY

Staff

wish2fish wrote:I only received 2 of my 3 ordered. One is missing in transit. My brother has 2 missing in transit.

Not happy with the packaging for shipping. They are just wrapped with cardboard leaving the ends open. I ordered them for Christmas gifts and the ends are a little beat up. Why wouldn't Woot throw all 3 in one box and ship?

Sorry to hear that you're missing part of you order (as well as your brother's)
I would recommend that both of you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue at hand.

wish2fish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wish2fish
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you're missing part of you order (as well as your brother's)
I would recommend that both of you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue at hand.

I called fed ex yesterday and they were investigating. checking the tracking number today it looks like they located it and will hopefully be delivered today. I don't know if my brother called fedex yet.

mntbiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mntbiker

Just received the Pyle speaker. Overall it is a very good value. The sound is rich and the unit feels very robust. Overall a great product for the money.

saleaaway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saleaaway

The quality on this was so bad I'm trying to send it back but doing that is as bad as the speakerr. Have heard from no on on this issue. Second email sent this morning.

I'm very disappointed in the sound quality. It's raspy and buzzy. Sounds like its blown.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

saleaaway wrote:The quality on this was so bad I'm trying to send it back but doing that is as bad as the speakerr. Have heard from no on on this issue. Second email sent this morning.

I'm very disappointed in the sound quality. It's raspy and buzzy. Sounds like its blown.

I apologize. CS is a little buried right now so it's taking them a bit longer to respond.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

azjhawk90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azjhawk90

I purchased one of these after reading the reviews. However, it sux! I get way too much static in the speakers and can't seem to figure out why. I have tried connecting it up with several different sources, all of which don't fix the problem. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to resolve it?