WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you excited about basketball?!
  • 13.8% - YES!! 261
  • 68.6% - NO!! 1293
  • 16.7% - If I can't shoot it with a crossbow, I don't care. 315
  • 0.8% - I have something else to say in the comments and YOU'RE GOING TO LISTEN. 16
1885 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Z07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Z07

College Basketball, yes. NBA, absolutely no!

FedEx SmartPost, because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

fidwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fidwoot
Z07 wrote:College Basketball, yes. NBA, absolutely no!

Agreed.

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1

The only basketball I care about is my daughters bball games.

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85
fidwoot wrote:Agreed.

+1 also

x8

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Worst professional sport ever. Thank goodness we've got hockey to watch during the winter to tide us over until baseball season starts again.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yay crossbows!

orchidluvr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orchidluvr

Love, absolutely LOVE college basketball: it gets me through the winter and when March comes...NIRVANA. This year, my favorite team is ranked number 2! I hope the young men all stay healthy this season, it's always a challenge. GO GREEN!

Orb99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Orb99

If it were possible to be actively apathetic about a thing, I would be such regarding basketball.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

I'm looking forward to the Rockets' season with the addition of Dwight Howard. Unfortunately, since the Rockets and Astros cannot reach an agrement with Comcast Sports Net, it looks like this will be the second year in a row that I don't get to watch the Rockets.That's bull hockey.

moles1138

quality posts: 27 Private Messages moles1138

Ooops. I need to focus. Thought it said baseball. Can I change my answer to NO!?

Move along. Nothing to see here.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

My answer is "no", but not in all caps with an exclamation point. I like basketball, but probably won't get really excited about it until January or so.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

NCAA basketball starts with March Madness. The rest is not interesting. NBA, maybe the last 6 minutes of the playoff games.

pegkent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegkent

High School and College yes, Pro NO WAY

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Kinda.

bobtheoutlaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobtheoutlaw

I would be more excited if a bird raisins in my backyard!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Orb99 wrote:If it were possible to be actively apathetic about a thing, I would be such regarding basketball.

I prefer militant apathy.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Not now, but once the season gets started...I might get into it.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

gwal01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwal01

Wiffle Ball, maybe. Tether Ball, hell yes! Blue balls, NO! Great balls 'o' fire!!!

theco2

quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2

I'm excited about NCAA basketball. I couldn't care less about NBA.

PhineasPhreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhineasPhreak

I'll watch college games if they're on, but the NBA lost me for good with the labor dispute a couple of years ago. Billionaires and millionaires arguing over money made me sick enough to never watch the sport again.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

Let's see... do I get a discount at the pizza place if the local team wins with some number of points? Looks like... no, only for hockey.

So... nope, don't care.

soren216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages soren216
narquespamley wrote:Worst professional sport ever. Thank goodness we've got hockey to watch during the winter to tide us over until baseball season starts again.

Interpretation for people that don't suck (I mean people who don't live in Canada), Thank goodness we have Basketball to tide us over until Football starts back. Divine powers bless March Madness!