bankshotmcg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bankshotmcg
buzzbuzz wrote:Lid counts as 1 piece

They count the lids as pieces as well.

bultmanl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bultmanl

Omens, Monsters, and Goblins! thanks for the link to the Pyrex direct lids! I already have a couple sets of these and am buying more now that I know I can always get more lids when I need them.

spoklan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spoklan

The leaky lids was the only issue I have with mine. I did the same thing - found and bought the better lids. The "stock" lids are great if you are just gonna store without transporting. I've transported low-liquid foodstuffs fine with the stock lids.

They are worth getting. May pick up some more.

ericrosoff wrote:Get a No Leak Lid from the pyrex site. They will fit these bowls:

Pyrex 7 Cup No leak Lid $3.99
Pyrex 4 cup No Leak lid $2.99
Pyrex 2 cup No Leak Lid $2.49

Generally more random than you ever though possible.

cytokin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cytokin
grossmonian wrote:These are great, but I have a question. The lids are not leakproof; if you have salad or something with liquid in it, the liquid can seep out in my lunchbox. I get around this by putting the Pyrex container in an old bread bag. Does anyone know of any glass food containers that have a clamp seal like the Lock and Lock plastic containers?

Just put the liquids into a separate container and mix when you go to eat your salad. Nobody wants to eat a wilted salad!

sjc314

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjc314

The lids are made in China, do not fit tightly, and are not microwave safe no matter what they say. They warp and crack. Too bad. Otherwise they would be nice bowls.

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
robio wrote:I got a different package of these on a previous Wooting, and well they're fantastic mine do nest nicely like some shown in this thread, and a couple have small chips on the rims that I don't know where they came from. However I have not had a problem with the lids, either in the microwave or the dishwasher, as some have reported.

All told, I love them and would buy more if I needed them without hesitation. Beats the hell out of plastic.

I agree, no problem here with heating in the microwave or dishwasher (altho I can imagine it's not something you really want to test).

I do wish the containers would nest inside another of the same size.

bjchrist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjchrist

Look for a Corningware/Corelle/Revere outlet location for replacement lids. A bunch of states have them.

subether

quality posts: 4 Private Messages subether
bjchrist wrote:Look for a Corningware/Corelle/Revere outlet location for replacement lids. A bunch of states have them.

I have one of the giant 4 quart mixing bowls and I was able to find a lid for mine at one of the factory outlet stores with ease. They also sell the sets, and individual pieces as well.

ksmith3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksmith3
mcnerneym wrote:Also, cannot wash lids in dishwasher - even without "heated dry" option.

Purchased a set of these about six months ago. We put the lids on the top shelf of the dishwasher; have never had a problem.

suebeehoney70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suebeehoney70

I watch for these to come on sale and snag them whenever I can. Can never have too many storage containers, especially glass ones! Also great gifts.

laurajean23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurajean23

This is my first buy from this site, but I love Pyrex and don't have much of it so I'm pretty excited for this to arrive.

jtcnh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtcnh

Bought the round nesting bowls last time they were on W00t, and getting three sets of these today. Don't care what the kids want for Christmas, they're getting stuff to help them leave the nest! Love pyrex.

nelliejane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelliejane

I ordered these some months back. I love them. Wish I cooked enough to order another set.

awd411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awd411

Yessssssss!

wsngmartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsngmartin

in for 2! already have 3 sets from previous woot (10pc) and they won't break (or warp) but i just love em. in the dishwasher go the lids, no issues with warping (no heat dry).

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647

Rats! First time I don't check Woot! first thing and they have something I want and it's gone.

njl0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njl0

OMG0$h this pyrex set will be perfect for my dXXmsday emergency kit!!!

ejzohn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejzohn

My wife was close to tears when I told her that this was available. She made me order two. She said this, and it's a direct quote: "I may cry. I am so happy. Do you have any idea - it is PYREX! Women in the Midwest regard Pyrex as the crystal of the prairie."

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

I know I'm super late in the day, and these are sold out - but I was in JCP tody and this exact set was selling for $78. Yeah, you read that right,

albertquiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertquiles

My box had some peaces broken. I'm not saying is Woot's fault but maybe a few stickers in the box about content been glass could had prevented FedEx from playing football with it. It will cost more to returned it, from now on I avoid buying from Woot things that can break in transit.

christiane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christiane
albertquiles wrote:My box had some peaces broken. I'm not saying is Woot's fault but maybe a few stickers in the box about content been glass could had prevented FedEx from playing football with it. It will cost more to returned it, from now on I avoid buying from Woot things that can break in transit.

Mine was broken, too.

2G Sansa Clip, 4G Sansa Fuze,
4G Sansa Clip+(2), ...?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

christiane wrote:Mine was broken, too.

albertquiles wrote:My box had some peaces broken. I'm not saying is Woot's fault but maybe a few stickers in the box about content been glass could had prevented FedEx from playing football with it. It will cost more to returned it, from now on I avoid buying from Woot things that can break in transit.

I'm very sorry to hear that you folks received your purchase in that condition.
I recommend that that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what has happened.
They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue.

looneybin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages looneybin

I bought 3 sets. They arrived today. 2 of the 3 sets were in a billion pieces. not a happy camper. It doesn't make the cost of these too great if i have to pay to send them back...
boooo to Woot for packaging. woefully inadequate for the purpose.

christiane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christiane
looneybin wrote:I bought 3 sets. They arrived today. 2 of the 3 sets were in a billion pieces. not a happy camper. It doesn't make the cost of these too great if i have to pay to send them back...
boooo to Woot for packaging. woefully inadequate for the purpose.

Agreed! I got a case# over the weekend, still waiting for support to contact me. I'm guessing they have a lot of case#s if they were all packaged that way!

2G Sansa Clip, 4G Sansa Fuze,
4G Sansa Clip+(2), ...?

vpofops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vpofops

I ordered 3 sets and one was broken. I contacted WOOT right away and two days later they email me to tell me they are sending me a $5 credit. Not too happy about the response.

ascarroll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascarroll

I ordered 2 sets. I was very excited to see the box had arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, both boxes contained broken pieces. I have contacted woot and gotten no response so far.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Apologies for those receiving broken Pyrex. Those things are heck to ship and we always get a few broken ones.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

outz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outz
ascarroll wrote:I ordered 2 sets. I was very excited to see the box had arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, both boxes contained broken pieces. I have contacted woot and gotten no response so far.

yeah, i know how you feel. i ordered 2 sets as well.. one of the sets contained a broken bowl (the largest bowl) emailed woot support ~20 hours ago ; hopefully they'll take care of me.

sydchocolate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sydchocolate

Anyone else receive a box of broken glass like I did? It was so damaged that there is nothing but sand-like glass coming out of the shipping box. Who ships a box of glass bowls without any packing material?! This was my first Woot purchase and likely my last! So disappointed!

henryhalem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henryhalem

Did I mention how smashed my set was when it arrived? Maybe not, so, it arrived in a many many pieces. I've written 3 emails to whoever sits in front of their screens and it is now 3 days and I finally received a response and am told emails? What emails, we didn't get no stinkin emails. Only this one and what's your problem. Okay so now I've taken it from the top and as the leader of our band say, 4 for nothin. I have a bad feeling this is going to go around in circles.

henryhalem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henryhalem
ThunderThighs wrote:Apologies for those receiving broken Pyrex. Those things are heck to ship and we always get a few broken ones.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

It is not heck to ship glass bowls. My business is shipping glass and there is no problem when you know how to pack. Obviously whoever packs those boxes doesn't know his and to be fair her business.

outz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outz
sydchocolate wrote:Anyone else receive a box of broken glass like I did? It was so damaged that there is nothing but sand-like glass coming out of the shipping box. Who ships a box of glass bowls without any packing material?! This was my first Woot purchase and likely my last! So disappointed!

yeah, my box had a couple of little air bags for packing material and all were busted by the time it arrived. the shipping box was in great condition... but one of the pyrex boxes looked like someone kicked it... that's where my broken bowl was.

i sent an email to support@woot yesterday. maybe i'll hear back from them tomorrow.

ironicending

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ironicending

My package also arrived damaged. There is broken glass all over the box.

coleenlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coleenlee

ah......sorry everyone is receiving Pyrex damaged....maybe this is why I haven't received my order.
I ordered and haven't seen comfirmation that it was even sent out!

ascarroll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascarroll

I emailed them yesterday about the broken glass, and so far, no response.

timtip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timtip

I’m sure that they are (were) a nice set. Too bad they arrived busted.

cdoakley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdoakley

another one for a broken set. Mine was broken into powder form. I didn't even open the inside box.

Kolchak63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kolchak63

Mine arrived, today.

I didn't need to unseal the box to know it's full of broken glass. Just lifting it and moving it around, I can hear all the broken glass sliding around inside.

Emailed Woot support.

sfjeffvance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfjeffvance

This looked like a great deal, I have many Pyrex products. Only problem here is the entire set arrived smashed, and with no sign of damage to either the shipping box or the product packaging - this tells me that it was shipped out broken - Bad way to do business.

beckyev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyev

I ordered 2 sets and one was broken and one not (thankfully), but when I opened the shipping box my first thought was, "that's not packaged very well for shipping glass." There was only one of those big plastic bubble sheets covering 2 sides. And I see that they are saying it's a bugger to ship, but I received 2 packages of mason bars from amazon today and they were each individually wrapped (like 2-3 inches thick) with bubble wrap and then several of the big bubble sheets to fill the rest of the box. So I really don't think it's that hard to ship it you just have to do it correctly. I have contacted "support" but I can tell from what others have written I'm not going to like the response I get.