nlevake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nlevake

I have a 1999 softside waterbed. On it I have an older memory foam mattress topper. I loved it when I got it. My back hurts like crazy and this made it so I would only roll over once or twice a night. I made it even better by adding a 4" featherbed on top. It was heaven. Then I got menopaused. It is a living hell. All I do all night is toss and turn and look for a cold area.

My SO has some sort of cheapo crap mattress. I hated it. I bought a gel mattress topper and a primaloft featherbed. It is now amazing, and MUCH cooler than the memory foam. I might even prefer it.

twat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twat
nlevake wrote:They make a special throw for that purpose..

http://www.amazon.com/Fascinator-10326-Throe-Red-Shag/dp/B003MRVLJC

Thank you kindly nlevake, I'd never heard of one of those, in for one.

drjmanning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drjmanning

I want to put this on a sleeper-bed mattress for guests. Can it be safely folded up in the bed without damaging it or having it retain deformations from the bars in the frame? Will it instantly return to its normal flatness and density?

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 6 Private Messages starmanbackwards
lichme wrote:Just when I thought memory foam couldn't get any better, they go and make it using gel.... Anybody have any experience with gel toppers?

Never tried to foam mattress topper but we do have a gel topper......
I hardly turn over any more, get great sleep and no turning 5 times a night......we love it...

sunsys

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sunsys

When it's going to get shipped???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sunsys wrote:When it's going to get shipped???

The sale said it would ship in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day after the sale so it should be soon. Hang in there.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeffreyjscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreyjscott
ThunderThighs wrote:The sale said it would ship in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day after the sale so it should be soon. Hang in there.

I beg to differ. It says "Shipping Speed:Standard (3-8 business days)". That would refer to the time it would take once packaged shipped out. If the time for "processing the order" would be 3-8 business days, I would have no complaints.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, just got word that all the toppers have shipped but the vendor is having a dickens of a time with the tracking file.

In the meantime, I checked a couple and you can get tracking via Track by Reference.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xerofate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerofate
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, just got word that all the toppers have shipped but the vendor is having a dickens of a time with the tracking file.

In the meantime, I checked a couple and you can get tracking via Track by Reference.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

I just tried it with my order# in the reference box. It just tells me "not found". This is frustrating.

kidtweet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kidtweet
xerofate wrote:I just tried it with my order# in the reference box. It just tells me "not found". This is frustrating.

The same

ThunderThighs

Staff

xerofate wrote:I just tried it with my order# in the reference box. It just tells me "not found". This is frustrating.

kidtweet wrote:The same

I'm not sure why yours isn't working but I do see a tracking number uploaded now. You should get an email and see it in STUFF YOU BOUGHT in an hour or two. I'll PM you the tracking number in the meantime.

To read your Private Message, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

fallenseraph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fallenseraph
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm not sure why yours isn't working but I do see a tracking number uploaded now. You should get an email and see it in STUFF YOU BOUGHT in an hour or two. I'll PM you the tracking number in the meantime.

To read your Private Message, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

Interestingly enough the tracking only updated after the toppers arrived at my doorstep. Unfortunately, one of them was not the type I ordered. I ordered two gel foam toppers and one was a standard memory foam. Already sent in a support mail about it.

sunsys

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sunsys
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, just got word that all the toppers have shipped but the vendor is having a dickens of a time with the tracking file.

...mine is coming tomorrow and i am glad that i asked. They shipped it from TX on 11/5/13.
"Estimated delivery :
Fri 11/08/2013"
I wish everyone to have a wonderful sleep tomorrow.

RickyEarl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RickyEarl
fallenseraph wrote:Interestingly enough the tracking only updated after the toppers arrived at my doorstep. Unfortunately, one of them was not the type I ordered. I ordered two gel foam toppers and one was a standard memory foam. Already sent in a support mail about it.

How do you tell if it's gel or not? I ordered gel, but the one I got is white. Does that mean I got the regular foam?

Closetnerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Closetnerd

Got mine yesterday and letting it air out until tomorrow......

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity."

razorc03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages razorc03

Received a package yesterday, but I think it's the wrong type. I ordered gel, and I think I received foam.
How do I tell? It's definitely not blue as in the pictures. It's tan.

gintaras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gintaras

Got mine yesterday and slept on it last night. It seemed a little firm, much firmer than I was expecting, actually. It may have just been cold, but the sleep was great, it sort of molds to your body and keeps you in place no matter what position you sleep in.

ThunderThighs

Staff

razorc03 wrote:Received a package yesterday, but I think it's the wrong type. I ordered gel, and I think I received foam.
How do I tell? It's definitely not blue as in the pictures. It's tan.

Yeah, should be blue. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

razorc03

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, should be blue. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Thanks ThunderThighs! Email sent to you guys.

hotrxjobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotrxjobs

Mine shipped on Tuesday and will not make it to CA till Tuesday next week. This sucks, wish I lived closer or Woot got this out on time.

Now I just hope I get the right thing since it sounds like some people are getting the wrong stuff.

theblurr06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theblurr06
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, should be blue. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I also experienced this problem. Thankfully I paid attention to the color first before opening the plastic out of sheer joy of getting my topper. If you open the plastic the topper WILL expand, and if Woot plans to exchange them, you may have troubles getting the topper back in the box.

I have put in a support ticket. Do you think we will get replacements or just refund the difference between the foam and gel?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

theblurr06 wrote:I also experienced this problem. Thankfully I paid attention to the color first before opening the plastic out of sheer joy of getting my topper. If you open the plastic the topper WILL expand, and if Woot plans to exchange them, you may have troubles getting the topper back in the box.

I have put in a support ticket. Do you think we will get replacements or just refund the difference between the foam and gel?

Not sure about the resolution. Woot Member Services will be able to lay out the details for you.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

razorc03

theblurr06 wrote:I also experienced this problem. Thankfully I paid attention to the color first before opening the plastic out of sheer joy of getting my topper. If you open the plastic the topper WILL expand, and if Woot plans to exchange them, you may have troubles getting the topper back in the box.

It looks like they are not offering an exchange. I just received an email and you will either get a $20 refund and keep the item, or you have the option to return the mattress for a full refund.
I'm so bummed about that

hotrxjobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotrxjobs
razorc03 wrote:It looks like they are not offering an exchange. I just received an email and you will either get a $20 refund and keep the item, or you have the option to return the mattress for a full refund.
I'm so bummed about that

That sucks!!! Woot needs to get it together before offering this deal again next time. Look through the notes it looks like there were issues last time as well. Fingers crossed mine is blue when it shows up.

Are you going to keep it?

brohambone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brohambone

Wow, I just received my toppers. I bought 2 gel to top a Full and Queen size.

I received 1 gel for the Full and 1 FOAM for the Queen.

The crappy situation is I have a Queen Tempurpedic already and I purchased the GEL to cool it down a bit! What a bummer!

I wrote customer support about the mix up. We will see how long it takes to get resolved.

My question is why would they ship them out in the first place? Fire the shipping manager! Harsh? Not at all.

sdmcfarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmcfarland

Yes I just got our two mattresses today. I ordered a queen gel and a full foam. I got them both in a foam. From what is written on here so far looks like they are offering a full refund or a difference in the cost. I haven't heard from my inquiry yet myself. It's hard to believe a mattress company ran out of mattresses. HMMMM

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdmcfarland wrote:Yes I just got our two mattresses today. I ordered a queen gel and a full foam. I got them both in a foam. From what is written on here so far looks like they are offering a full refund or a difference in the cost. I haven't heard from my inquiry yet myself. It's hard to believe a mattress company ran out of mattresses. HMMMM

The vendor will send you the correct topper. We're working directly with them. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

NOTE: Our buyer is in contact with the vendor to see what happened. We've used them for quite a while and have never had a problem with their orders. They ave very good and will make sure you get the right topper. Bear with us.

ThunderThighs

Staff

razorc03 wrote:It looks like they are not offering an exchange. I just received an email and you will either get a $20 refund and keep the item, or you have the option to return the mattress for a full refund.
I'm so bummed about that

Check your email please (and spam/junk). CS is contacting you to see about getting you the correct mattress.

perrindr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perrindr

I'm another one that ordered a gel and just received a foam topper today. Posted a message to customer service about 5 hours ago but haven't yet received a response. I'm beginning to wonder what is going on with Woot, curious if they are trying to grow too big too fast. Here is what happened to my last 3 orders: 1) ordered a soundbar and received it with a cut cord and the cord neatly packaged and taped to the packaging. When I tried to get a replacement, customer service responded that they were sold out and no replacement was available. When I answered that they had just listed the exact same item that day for 4 more days and asked why they couldn't do an exchange/replacement, no answer was ever sent. 2) I ordered two items in the same order. The first arrived as scheduled, but the second never appeared. "Stuff you bought" shows both delivered, evidently because the first one was, and no word yet on the second. 3) this gel topper. From the posts, looks like many were in the same boat, but the only response appears to be "gee, we worked with them before". To me, it appears customer service and attention to detail is going by the wayside in favor of more and more possible orders. Anyone else remember the old days: only one thing offered each day, but errors were few and far between (not in every order every day)and when something went wrong, someone actually tried to fix it?

bedding1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bedding1

Hi All,

I am with the manufacturer. It looks as though some customers were shipped the incorrect topper (Gel vs. Stand. Foam). Please rest assured, we will make it right.

If you received the wrong topper, please contact Woot and we will correct.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bedding1 wrote:Hi All,

I am with the manufacturer. It looks as though some customers were shipped the incorrect topper (Gel vs. Stand. Foam). Please rest assured, we will make it right.

Thank you for checking in.

To add to this, when contacting support@woot.com, please include your woot username and order number. This will speed things up. Also state that you want a replacement. And a clear subject line never hurts: Mattress Topper - Wrong one sent.

Sorry for the problems but as the rep said above, we'll make it right.

perrindr

bedding1 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks, for the response but it appears as if it will be too late, at least for me. I opened the package to check as I didn't know the gel would be blue until after I checked all of the posts above. So it appears that I am just stuck with the situation. I have a memory foam matress already and wanted to see if the gel would add anything. Just FYI, I contacted Woot two days ago and am still waiting to hear back from them

ThunderThighs

Staff

perrindr wrote:Thanks, for the response but it appears as if it will be too late, at least for me. I opened the package to check as I didn't know the gel would be blue until after I checked all of the posts above. So it appears that I am just stuck with the situation. I have a memory foam matress already and wanted to see if the gel would add anything. Just FYI, I contacted Woot two days ago and am still waiting to hear back from them

Woot CS works with limited staff on the weekends. They'll get back to you early this week and make it right.

leitnerj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leitnerj

Love the price hate the delivery service. Since I ordered this on Nov 1 and it's now Nov 11 and still no topper I can't comment on how I feel about this item. I will say FedEx sucks mud like a catfish when it comes to delivery service. First they have had the topper in their hands for 7 days now. Lied about attempting delivery last Saturday. I waited Sunday and this morning as the ship status said it was delivered to my apartment complex office. As it should be when I'm not available. I was late for work an hour waiting for the office to open only to find delivery lied about leaving it there. I can't get it today because the Dallas Cowboys Home delivery used only delivers Tues - Sat. Can't speak to anyone at the substation. (Maybe they are all playing golf) Wont be out for another try until tomorrow and my previous experience with lying will likely yield no better. I may get this thing by Friday based on incompetent approach to a simple task.That would mean time to order to time to delivery = 15 days. I've told Woot I'm not happy. No more Woots for me if it means using FedEx. Not sure what Ex means in that name but it sure isn't Express. More like dealing with a disgruntled "Ex" S/O

bobAkirafett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobAkirafett

My order is still in limbo, I got a tracking number, and it works, but all it says is

11/05/2013 - Tuesday
11:07 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

No eta, no estimated delivery date, no info saying they actually have the item to ship. I also ordered the gel one (since I live in the desert and need heat dissipation) so it should be interesting if it ever shows up.

jill1307

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jill1307

I ordered a gel topper which appears to be blue in the advertisement; however, the one I received is white. Is this the gel or the regular memory foam?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jill1307 wrote:I ordered a gel topper which appears to be blue in the advertisement; however, the one I received is white. Is this the gel or the regular memory foam?

I'm not sure how to answer your question, but if you feel like you perhaps received the wrong order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you my have.

nsgroi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsgroi

I also received a FOAM topper instead of GEL. Like most of you, I opened mine and it fully inflated before I realized what happened. I've contact woot support already - back on Saturday and heard nothing. I sent a new message today with more details so hopefully someone gets to it soon. But everyone, please be patient, I'm sure woot and the manufacturer will make things right. Woot has always been great in the past, so I believe they will come through for us now.

I just hope that I don't have to find out a way to ship back a fully inflated topper to get the replacement - since that would be near impossible.

Box of Cobwebs cherry popped on 7/12/2009

sdmcfarland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdmcfarland
ThunderThighs wrote:The vendor will send you the correct topper. We're working directly with them. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. Cool excited to get the right topper thanks

NOTE: Our buyer is in contact with the vendor to see what happened. We've used them for quite a while and have never had a problem with their orders. They ave very good and will make sure you get the right topper. Bear with us.

perrindr

Hope something can be worked out. I notified customer service 4 days ago and am hopefully waiting for a reply. Just a thought, I used the notificaton process contained in the Woot website and received the notice that the messages had been sent. Are you suggesting that this process doesn't work and customer service should be emailed instead from outside the web application?