WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Affinity 39" 1080p LED HDTV

Speed to First Woot:
5m 28.664s
First Sucker:
kreutzf1
Last Wooter to Woot:
shirlsgirl
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 45% of Woot.com Woots
Top 24% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 11% of Woot.com Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 26% first woot
  • 10% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 16% < 25 woots
  • 18% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 19% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 18% one year old
  • 60% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 91% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
5%
1%
1%
1%
2%
4%
6%
8%
5%
7%
7%
6%
4%
5%
4%
5%
4%
4%
3%
5%
4%
3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme

Item: Affinity 39" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $249.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

mingsty


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
lichme wrote:Item: Affinity 39" 1080p LED HDTV
Price: $249.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google



Decent reviews at Tiger direct/ Amazon...only 4 but 4.4 out of 5. Seems to have a good picture and poor audio (like most flat screens)

$309 there as well. So seems to be a good price here.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8014164

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

jizza


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jizza

Ok
People, hurry up and post a review. I need to feel justified in the money I'm about to spend.

Specs look decent...

lichme


quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme

Get a closer look at the Product Page

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3690 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A handful of good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at tigerdirect.com

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3690 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Sounds like a great price for a TV for my spare room. I have been looking for months!

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
jizza wrote:Ok
People, hurry up and post a review. I need to feel justified in the money I'm about to spend.

Specs look decent...



walmart has a 40 inch for the same price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-40-Class-38.5-viewable-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-X409BV-FHD/19793651

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

troy969


quality posts: 1 Private Messages troy969
luke975 wrote:walmart has a 40 inch for the same price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-40-Class-38.5-viewable-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-X409BV-FHD/19793651



That TV is not LED

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ctious wrote:Weird. My post about the tax killing it got deleted.



My bad, I was nuking another post and accidentally deleted yours.
We would ask that you if you are going to talk about tax issues further you create a World of Woot thread.
We're earnestly interested and open to any discussion or thoughts you might have on the subject.

Wootelicious


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootelicious
oklatex wrote:also, notice that they did not post the MHz of the screen. The refresh rate has a great deal to do with the quality of the video.



I was also looking for the refresh rate. TigerDirect show that model SLE2039 has a 60Hz refresh rate.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8014164&CatId=4717

roniyz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages roniyz

OK I can't resist - according to the specs, this weighs less than 20 pounds. If that is correct, I'm making an educated guess that there is no metal or glass in this tv. My flat screen is 10" bigger, and weighs almost 100 pounds. Seriously. All plastic?

SpyderBaby

yumac29


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yumac29
troy969 wrote:That TV is not LED



Because of daylight savings, it says this post will be posted 44 minutes from now.

Pretty big waste of time travel if you ask me.

Nothing like a good shirt.woot argument. Gets me through a whole class.

Wootelicious


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wootelicious
kalmakazee wrote:Does anyone know if I'm able to use this product as a Computer Monitor for the Computer instead of as a TV? I'm in desperate need of a HUGE Computer Monitor and they are quite expensive! I was hoping for an alternative solution.
Thank you!


Yes, as long as your computer has HDMI or VGA outputs (almost all do).

The reviews say the audio is quite tinny so you wouldn't want to use the TV for your audio output.

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
troy969 wrote:That TV is not LED



yep missed that.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

kixfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixfan

I plan to use this for a virtual pinball machine. Anyone know where the buttons are located on the TV? If they are on the bottom or top it can be troublesome I hear. Also, anyone know if when power is applied does it automatically try to turn on?

oklatex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oklatex
luke975 wrote:yep missed that.



also, notice that they did not post the MHz of the screen. The refresh rate has a great deal to do with the quality of the video.

kolme


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kolme
kalmakazee wrote:Does anyone know if I'm able to use this product as a Computer Monitor for the Computer instead of as a TV? I'm in desperate need of a HUGE Computer Monitor and they are quite expensive! I was hoping for an alternative solution.

Thank you!



It will look like crap as a tv monitor. I wouldn't advise it.

kalmakazee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalmakazee

Does anyone know if I'm able to use this product as a Computer Monitor for the Computer instead of as a TV? I'm in desperate need of a HUGE Computer Monitor and they are quite expensive! I was hoping for an alternative solution.

Thank you!

kixfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixfan
kixfan wrote:I plan to use this for a virtual pinball machine. Anyone know where the buttons are located on the TV? If they are on the bottom or top it can be troublesome I hear. Also, anyone know if when power is applied does it automatically try to turn on?



Answering my first question myself. Buttons appear to be on the side. It looks as though these are normally sold thru Meijers stores. Here is the link at a sale price of 289.99 and free shipping. Also the manual. http://www.meijer.com/s/affinity-sle2039-39-inch-1080p-led-hdtv/_/R-265242

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
oklatex wrote:also, notice that they did not post the MHz of the screen. The refresh rate has a great deal to do with the quality of the video.



actually the tv i was looking at on walmart has the hz listed as 60hz

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

Sontiago


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sontiago
ROGETRAY wrote:My bad, I was nuking another post and accidentally deleted yours.
We would ask that you if you are going to talk about tax issues further you create a World of Woot thread.
We're earnestly interested and open to any discussion or thoughts you might have on the subject.



There's been at least 12 things I HAVEN'T bought here just because of the texas tax..

MikeRaphone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeRaphone

This is the manufacturer/distributor of the TV:

http://kcpi.us/

(The TV isn't listed on their website though.)

This is the manual for the TV:

http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_files/pdf/Affinity_SLE2039_TV_manual.pdf

Tatts


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts
kalmakazee wrote:Does anyone know if I'm able to use this product as a Computer Monitor for the Computer instead of as a TV? I'm in desperate need of a HUGE Computer Monitor and they are quite expensive! I was hoping for an alternative solution.



Yes, using either the standard VGA input or (more rare for a computer), one of the HDMI inputs. But...you won't see more detail than on any smaller 1080 monitor. It has the same number of pixels, just larger ones. And your video card has to support this resolution.

A friend of mine has a 47" TV that he also uses as a computer monitor. Works great--nice and clear, even with VGA input. But it looks silly when he sits in front of it.

jbrunel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbrunel
ctious wrote:Weird. My post about the tax killing it got deleted.



When did woot start charging sales tax for Mass?

micamoca


quality posts: 0 Private Messages micamoca

What's up with nothing shiping to APO/FPO anymore? A shame, really great deals on here the overseas military can't be apart of! No different than shipping to NY.

chrisautrey


quality posts: 8 Private Messages chrisautrey
micamoca wrote:What's up with nothing shiping to APO/FPO anymore? A shame, really great deals on here the overseas military can't be apart of! No different than shipping to NY.



Tell me about it. What's worse is that they will no longer ship the exact same item they shipped me to my APO address before. I can sort of understand it for this one since it will likely be delivered by freight company and not USPS, but tablets? Really Woot?

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
ROGETRAY wrote:My bad, I was nuking another post and accidentally deleted yours.
We would ask that you if you are going to talk about tax issues further you create a World of Woot thread.
We're earnestly interested and open to any discussion or thoughts you might have on the subject.


@ROGETRAY, I sorta get you don't want 'principles of sales taxes' debates on product pages, but hopefully it is OK to mention the sales tax and highlight that the sales tax might break the deal for alternative-source price comparison purposes?

verchad


quality posts: 1 Private Messages verchad

Just throwing this out there, Kmart has this today for $249.99 free in store pickup shipping is free, http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W005463191001P

Westinghouse 39'' Class 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

Westinghouse LED HDTVs are designed for the consumer in mind with a slim energy efficient design and clear crisp picture. This LED HDTV is perfect for any space, any budget or any lifestyle.
Full HD 1080p resolution
120Hz refresh rate
Slim bezel
SRS® TruSurround HD
HDMI
ENERGY STAR®
Dimensions without stand: 35.0 in. W x 20.88 in. H x 3.38 in. D
Dimensions with stand: 35.0 in. W x 23.25 in. H x 9.05 in. D
Weight: 20.02 lbs.

Energy Star cost to operate $11.95 yr.

Manufacturers website http://westinghousedigital.com/products/led/32-40/dw39f1y1/

Can't find any reviews for it.

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
jbrunel wrote:When did woot start charging sales tax for Mass?


@jbrunel, MA is a new Woot sales tax state vs what woot claimed about 2 weeks ago:

AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

Surprising the Taxachusettes AG didn't come knocking on Woot's door previously.

jefft19


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefft19
bluemaple wrote:@jbrunel, MA is a new Woot sales tax state vs what woot claimed about 2 weeks ago:

AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

Surprising the Taxachusettes AG didn't come knocking on Woot's door precisely.




Another option is for all Wooters to move to a non-sales tax state, such as Oregon. Of course jobs aren't too plentiful here and it rains a lot, but no sales tax is one good reason to stay.

populuxe


quality posts: 3 Private Messages populuxe

you pay sales tax if Amazon has a facility in your state. In wisconsin, this just started friday--it killed my purchase of 3 memory foam mattress toppers I had in my cart. Now tax is a bigger factor than shipping. This TV? Add another $20 for tax, last week it was zero.

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
populuxe wrote:you pay sales tax if Amazon has a facility in your state. In wisconsin, this just started friday--it killed my purchase of 3 memory foam mattress toppers I had in my cart. Now tax is a bigger factor than shipping. This TV? Add another $20 for tax, last week it was zero.


@populuxe, and now it becomes more clear why Woot wants sales tax discussions buried in the caves elsewhere... The list of states grows...

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

@MikeRaphone, good find.

Affinity appears to be a reconstitution of or somehow affiliated with the original Apex Digital. Apex filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and guess when Affinity started?

Strangely, while the original "Apex" claimed to be privately owned, the reconstituted Apex appears to be owned by the government of China. Perhaps China bought the brand out of bankruptcy since it had name recognition.

http://myaffinity.us/about/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apex_Digital

http://dawhois.com/site/kcpi.us.html

http://dawhois.com/siteinfo/?query=kcpi.us

http://www.tmaxdigital.com/

MikeRaphone wrote:This is the manufacturer/distributor of the TV:

http://kcpi.us/

(The TV isn't listed on their website though.)

This is the manual for the TV:

http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_files/pdf/Affinity_SLE2039_TV_manual.pdf


RXGuru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RXGuru

The KMART DW39F1Y1 deal on the Westinghouse seems a ton better. I cant find reviews on it either though..

order date item qty
22486079 12/10/2007 Polaroid Ultra-Compact 7 Megapixel Digital Camera 1 blog discuss
21814590 8/30/2007 Kensington 3 Button Optical Laptop Mouse 3 blog discuss
21464442 6/5/2007 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack 1 blog discuss

Hunt's Domain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hunt's Domain
Wootelicious wrote:I was also looking for the refresh rate. TigerDirect show that model SLE2039 has a 60Hz refresh rate.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8014164&CatId=4717



The refresh rate is listed on the spec. page.

Hunt's Domain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hunt's Domain
oklatex wrote:also, notice that they did not post the MHz of the screen. The refresh rate has a great deal to do with the quality of the video.



Check the spec. page. The refresh rate is there.

schep999


quality posts: 9 Private Messages schep999
RXGuru wrote:The KMART DW39F1Y1 deal on the Westinghouse seems a ton better. I cant find reviews on it either though..



It's not immediately accurate in that I have not done continuous checking. Historically, Westinghouse flat screens can come at a nice price point compared to the bigger names, but for a reason.

Almost every time I checked, their claimed contrast levels are far less. Every time I physically checked the images at Sams, it was confirmed to be true.

Contrast levels and at the same time black levels are what makes a screen look rich just as pixels and refresh rate.

For a while, plasmas had the edge because the individual pixels (photons) were flat turned off, but LCDs where just blanking the backlight to make a black pixel. Blacks were actually dark grays.

The new LED backlights allow the individual pixels to be 100% off, and now they can compete against plasmas. They also do not have the glare of a glass plasma if you have high ambient light, like a south facing room with no blackout blinds.

This unit seems to be a good deal, especially if it is truly LED backlit.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bluemaple wrote:@ROGETRAY, I sorta get you don't want 'principles of sales taxes' debates on product pages, but hopefully it is OK to mention the sales tax and highlight that the sales tax might break the deal for alternative-source price comparison purposes?



Yeah, like I said, it was my bad (I was nuking a BF useless post)

Tax discussion is regards to the topic at hand (toady's offer) is definitely encouraged (especially when checking alternative-sourced price comps).
The only time it's not welcome is when it PURELY is the topic at hand.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Another user found earlier a link to some helpful knowledge about Refresh Rates: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379206,00.asp