Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Item: Nikon D600 24.3MP DSLR w/24-85mm VR Lens
Price: $1,699.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/26/2013 - $1,699.99 - 34 comment(s)

akamai22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akamai22

According to DP Review the dimensions shown on Woot are WAY off. The body weighs 30oz. with battery but no lens. The body dimensions are 141x113x82mm or 5.55x4.45x3.23 inches.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 133 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

akamai22 wrote:According to DP Review the dimensions shown on Woot are WAY off. The body weighs 30oz. with battery but no lens. The body dimensions are 141x113x82mm or 5.55x4.45x3.23 inches.

It looks like we rounded the measurements: 5.6"(W) x 4.4"(H) x 3.2"(D)

davedoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davedoy

Ken Rockwell discusses this camera

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d600.htm

sqerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sqerl
davedoy wrote:Ken Rockwell discusses this camera

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d600.htm

I like the kenrockwell site... I found this opinion of his website is worth noting as well:
http://www.anthonyhereld.com/buyer-beware-ken-rockwell/

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3815 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch an entertaining video comparing the D600 to the D7100

Avidiax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Avidiax

Compared to $1,913.00 for Refurbished body and lens on another site, this is a good deal.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3815 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

And here is a hands-on field test

iskan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iskan
Avidiax wrote:Compared to $1,913.00 for Refurbished body and lens on another site, this is a good deal.

heres a link its cheaper on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D-Series-D600-24-3-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Kit-w-AF-S-ED-VR-24-85mm-/171163562684?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item27da24b2bc

[MOD: That is a used/demo model with no apparent warranty. ]

briangflores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briangflores

I'm not getting into a discussion of the pros or cons of Ken Rockwell. I tend to get my information from a variety of sources, including DPReview, PDN Online, etc.

This camera comes with a huge buyer beware. Nikon just released the follow-up to this camera, the D610, with a new shutter release mechanism. The D600 was plagued with complaints about dust and spots on the sensor that required intrusive cleaning to remove (Google D600 dust if you want to read about it in detail). Nikon did eventually acknowledge the issue, although they really did nothing to assuage the feelings of people who bought this.

That said, some people report absolutely no problems with this body. You'll also have a tough time finding a full frame body in this price range. The included lens is your basic kit lens, and it's just OK. You can throw some serious lenses on this body, including some of the older Nikon/Nikkor autofocus models from the film camera days. Those lenses don't have the newer servo-wave motors that most modern Nikon autofocus lenses do (which is the difference between newer AF-S lenses and their older AF counterparts).

Parting shot - Nikon typically only offers a 90-day warranty on refurbs.

showcaller

quality posts: 34 Private Messages showcaller

Hey woot!

What happened to the faux Go Pro I wanted to buy? I just got back and I have stolen enough hub caps and resold them so I could buy it. Where did it go?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

showcaller wrote:Hey woot!

What happened to the faux Go Pro I wanted to buy? I just got back and I have stolen enough hub caps and resold them so I could buy it. Where did it go?

They all done got bought up! Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tjallenxyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjallenxyz

who the hell has 1600.00 sitting around for a damn camera?

showcaller

quality posts: 34 Private Messages showcaller
ThunderThighs wrote:They all done got bought up! Sorry.

But I had to steal 18 hub caps and ransom the owners at $2.00 each so I could come home and order one.

Are you sure there isn't one floating around somewhere?

I bet that new guy you hired probably horded one for himself and if you check his locker it will be there and still in the box. Just tell him I ordered it before he could take it off the shelf, okay?

thanks

Your friend

Showcaller

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

Here's a comparison of the D610 vs D800 vs the new retro styled DF:

Note this woot sale is for the D600, not the D610, but this could be interesting.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2013/11/05/nikon-df-vs-d610-vs-d800-12-things-to-know-about-nikons-full-frame-cameras/

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82
tjallenxyz wrote:who the hell has 1600.00 sitting around for a damn camera?

Plenty, I'd imagine.

McStagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McStagger

i own this camera and can assure you its a great one. the oil and dust is an issue but if you just get some cleaning pads, its very very easy to clean the sensor yourself. i've done it twice and dont see a problem doing it again and again until the oil runs out. (there can only be a finite amount right?!?

Too many woots, too little time...

rh48

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rh48
McStagger wrote:i own this camera and can assure you its a great one. the oil and dust is an issue but if you just get some cleaning pads, its very very easy to clean the sensor yourself. i've done it twice and dont see a problem doing it again and again until the oil runs out. (there can only be a finite amount right?!?

If I spent $1600 for a camera that I had to continually take apart and clean I would feel taken advantage of. How many good shots were ruined by the dust and oil issue?

buellwinkle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buellwinkle

What I really love about this camera is that it makes people with DX cameras that buy this dump there DX lenses cheap on eBay. Keep it up Nikon, sell more FX cameras.

kingalias

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingalias
rh48 wrote:If I spent $1600 for a camera that I had to continually take apart and clean I would feel taken advantage of. How many good shots were ruined by the dust and oil issue?

I have the D600, and I've owned it since Oct 2012.

1) From everyone I've seen who has purchased a refurb (factory), the issue with the shutter has been corrected (which makes sense, b/c the D610 has been corrected). I wouldn't expect any "oil/dust" from these cameras.

2) I didn't notice the issue until I started doing landscape photos against a sky, shooting at f/11 or smaller, and even then I had to force it out in production. Now, with that said, once you see it.... it's gross.

However, I was shooting youth basketball games, photojournalistic, and portrait kinds of images, but mostly at apertures f/5.6 or wider.

3) I bought cleaning solution and sensor swabs for about $50, and haven't had problems since cleaning my sensor (after 6k actuations).

4) If you're going to buy a $1,700 camera - let's be honest, it's a $2,000 worth of camera, BODY ONLY, it's just cheaper b/c of a snafu - then you should know how to clean your sensor. If you don't want to maintain your camera, then buy a camera without a detachable lens.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg
Avidiax wrote:Compared to $1,913.00 for Refurbished body and lens on another site, this is a good deal.

This one is not refurbished, it is reconditioned. I do not think that Nikon sells reconditioned items.

Warranty might not be from Nikon.

As stated earlier the D610 has been released, which replaces the d600.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg
kingalias wrote:I have the D600, and I've owned it since Oct 2012.

1) From everyone I've seen who has purchased a refurb (factory), the issue with the shutter has been corrected (which makes sense, b/c the D610 has been corrected). I wouldn't expect any "oil/dust" from these cameras.

2) I didn't notice the issue until I started doing landscape photos against a sky, shooting at f/11 or smaller, and even then I had to force it out in production. Now, with that said, once you see it.... it's gross.

However, I was shooting youth basketball games, photojournalistic, and portrait kinds of images, but mostly at apertures f/5.6 or wider.

3) I bought cleaning solution and sensor swabs for about $50, and haven't had problems since cleaning my sensor (after 6k actuations).

4) If you're going to buy a $1,700 camera - let's be honest, it's a $2,000 worth of camera, BODY ONLY, it's just cheaper b/c of a snafu - then you should know how to clean your sensor. If you don't want to maintain your camera, then buy a camera without a detachable lens.

These are reconditioned not refurbished.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tradergeorge

This same package is for sale on Amazon for only $200 more but is new with a full warranty. I see that as a better deal than this reconditioned camera and lens.

space0matic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages space0matic

Nikons lost me after 20+ years as a professional photographer that works at one of the largest corporations on the planet.
How? I bought my Mother-in-law a 'starter' Nikon DSL kit, the D40, from a Costco at a very reasonable price, until I found out that Nikon manufactures sub-par kits such as these exclusively FOR certain chains, and passes them off as the genuine thing.
The lens weren't even the traditional Nikon renowned glass, but they bore the Nikon name on them.
Out of curiosity, I checked other chain stores that sold dirt-cheap Nikons, and the same was true; they just put their name and model number on it as the better product.
No more NIKON for this photographer. I've been ordering Pentax's and Sony's for the corporation for 5 years now with no issues.

little gray dude