lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Item: Dell XPS 27" QHD Touchscreen Core i7 AIO
Price: $999.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch a review

[MOD: I believe the XPS One is previous version of this XPS 2720.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

PCMag.com and cnet both call this "excellent"

justmejoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

any warranty information please? I didn't see it on the item's page. maybe because I'm on a phone..

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Just purchased one, this is one of those deals that I wish I could get 3. Can I make more accounts Woot? I don't think it is going to sell out unless there is only 100 units.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

videos (I'm guessing this is the right model)
Dell's

TWiT(no, I'm not making this up)

bye

edit: and PC World liked it
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2044591/dell-xps-27-touch-review-looks-are-everything.html

and computer shopper
http://www.computershopper.com/desktops/reviews/dell-xps-one-27-touch

and digital trends
http://www.digitaltrends.com/desktop-computer-reviews/dell-xps-27-touch-review/

bye bye

whatsamattaU

justmejoseph wrote:any warranty information please? I didn't see it on the item's page. maybe because I'm on a phone..

real quick: it's your phone. 1 year Dell, option square trade too.

whatsamattaU

Woot Tang Clan wrote:Just purchased one, this is one of those deals that I wish I could get 3. Can I make more accounts Woot? I don't think it is going to sell out unless there is only 100 units.

real real quick. Make as many accounts as you want, but each account has to have a different credit card number. Bye.

ninjabb4

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ninjabb4

Can this thing work on 220V ?

D93401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D93401

Can it be "upgraded" to Windows 8.1? Apparently some 64-bit Windows 8 machines cannot.

scpapp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scpapp

Does anyone have a clue what specific model this is?

nutmeg3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg3
D93401 wrote:Can it be "upgraded" to Windows 8.1? Apparently some 64-bit Windows 8 machines cannot.

You should go to Dell's site and see if you can upgrade this computer to 8.1.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe
D93401 wrote:Can it be "upgraded" to Windows 8.1? Apparently some 64-bit Windows 8 machines cannot.

That only happens to poor people using old AMD cpu's ;)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2058683/new-windows-8-1-requirements-strand-some-users-on-windows-8.html

SunriseSurfer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SunriseSurfer

All the videos show someone standing and using it.

Is this just tooooo BIG for use as a home desktop???

Is this toooooo much for a "first time Win 8" user that wants to upgrade from XP ???

Thoughts?? Thank you.

pvino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvino

It's been a long time since I've bought a windows machine, but I find myself in the market for one. This seems to check off a lot of boxes, but I don't know if I need the screen and touchiness.

I'm also not very on top of the market when it comes to processors and graphics cards, but i7 and quad core sound shiny. Can any PC-savvy folks point me to a comparably specced box that doesn't have the screen, so I can see what I'd be paying for all the touch stuff?

Edit: also - how easy is it to service these AIOs? Could I upgrade the ram? the HD? etc. I've done both on my iMac, so I figure it can't be much harder than that...

ericjtucker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericjtucker

Looks compelling for a relatively recent, awesome computer selling at half price, but the negative reviews on Dell's website are frightening:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-27-2720-aio/pd?oc=dxcwls566&model_id=xps-27-2720-aio

Even worse the problems were not resolved. Gonna pass on this

keysh2oboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages keysh2oboy

These are great machines.

I just received 2 of the Dell 2720's about three weeks ago. Exact same specs.

They are replacing my 27 inch iMac 2010 models.

I really really enjoy having a 27 inch touchscreen.

Games run beautifully and smoothly as well.

I highly recommend this deal

One word of caution. The subject of the deal and the general description of the deal both mentioned a 32gb mSata drive. But the detailed specs do not list.

Installing an mSata drive could not be any easier however. One of my two machines that I got from Dell did not include this drive and I knew it when I ordered.

Installing one is about a two minute process

Simply remove the back cover, snap the little mSata drive into place, then log into the bios system (hold F2 at start up), change the boot option from AHCI to raid, boot into the desktop and go to the intel rapid storage program and click enable.

Simple as that. No need to reinstall windows, programs, etc. Easy peasy. At least with Win 8 it is.

But it sounds like this system sold here should come with an mSata drive. So it should be all good. But those instructions will work if needed.

squarooticus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages squarooticus

gak0090

quality posts: 86 Private Messages gak0090
acer620 wrote:Can this work with 240v?

For some reason the manual doesn't list this spec. I found the spec for the 2710 model which does say it's compatible:
Power ratings
Input voltage 100–240 VAC
Input frequency 50 Hz–60 Hz
Output current 3.6 A

This would make me think that today's would be compatible.

I went the extra mile and did an online chat to confirm that this model also has an input voltage of 110-240 vac

http://chat1.us.dell.com/netagent/cimlogin.aspx?questid=ECD0842F-ABAB-4AB0-858A-95EAB5ED8593&portid=9C39C2B5-F1B5-4B42-9928-10AE367360BB&nareferer=https://chat1.us.dell.com/netagent/cimlogin.aspx?

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_xps_desktop/xps-one-27-2710-aio_Reference%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

sjalred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjalred

I have one and just upgraded to 8.1 and it works great.

jankdc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jankdc

No vesa mount. You can't hang it on the wall.

D93401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D93401

It seems this comes with Windows 8, not Windows 8 Pro. Here's a link about the differences: http://www.intowindows.com/windows-8-windows-8-pro/

gatsbyglen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatsbyglen

Does this really have the 32GB SSD?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

justmejoseph wrote:any warranty information please? I didn't see it on the item's page. maybe because I'm on a phone..

Warranty info is always at the bottom of the Features. This has a one year Dell warranty. You can also purchase an extended protection plan through SquareTrade. The graphic/link for that may not show up on some mobile devices.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

scpapp wrote:Does anyone have a clue what specific model this is?

The model number is in the title on the sale's detail page:

Dell XPS 27-2720T

The "T" could be a designation that it's factory reconditioned and not new.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

gatsbyglen wrote:Does this really have the 32GB SSD?

Yes, gatzbyglen, it really has an SSD. The specs will be updated in a little while when the person that has that magical power gets home.

FORUM MODERATOR

stanchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanchris
SunriseSurfer wrote:All the videos show someone standing and using it.

Is this toooooo much for a "first time Win 8" user that wants to upgrade from XP ???

Thoughts?? Thank you.

I'm in the same boat. I looked at Dell i7's with 8gigs and 1 TB for $700 with no monitor....Help....

cowherpower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowherpower
D93401 wrote:It seems this comes with Windows 8, not Windows 8 Pro.

I believe it comes with Windows 8 Pro. The only XPS 27 model that Dell sells with non-Pro Windows 8 is the model with the Intel i5 processor and 1GB of RAM. This one (with the i7 and 2GB RAM) has Windows 8 Pro (which can be upgraded to 8.1)

[MOD: It comes with Win 8, not Win 8 Pro.]

ninjabb4

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ninjabb4
gak0090 wrote:For some reason the manual doesn't list this spec. I found the spec for the 2710 model which does say it's compatible:
Power ratings
Input voltage 100–240 VAC
Input frequency 50 Hz–60 Hz
Output current 3.6 A

This would make me think that today's would be compatible.

I went the extra mile and did an online chat to confirm that this model also has an input voltage of 110-240 vac

http://chat1.us.dell.com/netagent/cimlogin.aspx?questid=ECD0842F-ABAB-4AB0-858A-95EAB5ED8593&portid=9C39C2B5-F1B5-4B42-9928-10AE367360BB&nareferer=https://chat1.us.dell.com/netagent/cimlogin.aspx?

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_xps_desktop/xps-one-27-2710-aio_Reference%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

Thanks!!!

jswedler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jswedler
jankdc wrote:No vesa mount. You can't hang it on the wall.

That's a shame, because that's the one absolutely mandatory feature I'm looking for if I were to buy a touchscreen all-in-one.

SunriseSurfer

SunriseSurfer wrote:All the videos show someone standing and using it.

Thoughts?? Thank you.

stanchris wrote:I'm in the same boat. I looked at Dell i7's with 8gigs and 1 TB for $700 with no monitor....Help....

Dang....isn't there any HELP out there from all you pros???

40lbs !!

Nice sounding screen size, but is this tooooo big for the "average user" to use as a desktop??
I'm not a "gamer" just a "surfer"...I do work with some photog stuff. Mainly surfing and emails and whatever.
Looking to upgrade from Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20BHz with 1GB of ram and 240GB hard drive.

Whatcha think??

susank2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages susank2000

I'm about to pull the trigger on this. I have a cart full of components at NewEgg to upgrade my DIY computer to Haswell, and this is comparable to the build-it-myself price of just the internals, with the added benefit of the huge touchscreen monitor. What really sells me on choosing this is that it's not all sealed up -- I can upgrade the RAM to 16G and increase the SSD size with just a screwdriver and a few minutes effort. Tom's Hardware has pictures of the inside and it looks pretty accessible.

Here are the things I like:
Haswell i7
Thunderbolt! and 6 USB3 ports
HDMI in - can use the monitor with my work laptop
HDMI out - can set up a second monitor
The resolution seems perfect. High enough to look great, but not so high that text and icons are tiny.
That gorilla hinge is meant for frequent movement for a variety of positions with little effort. You can practically lay it down as a surface, or you could just use it like a normal monitor.

The Woot description doesn't mention it, but it also has a slot-loading DVD drive on the side. I know a lot of people think you don't need these anymore, but I think it's handy on a desktop. Dell offers this as a blu-ray, but the specs here at Woot just says Supermulti DVD, so I think this model doesn't have blu-ray. That is a compromise for me. Anyone think different?

I haven't ordered from Woot in a while, does standard shipping generally mean UPS Ground?

innovateltd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages innovateltd
SunriseSurfer wrote:Dang....isn't there any HELP out there from all you pros???

40lbs !!

Nice sounding screen size, but is this tooooo big for the "average user" to use as a desktop??
I'm not a "gamer" just a "surfer"...I do work with some photog stuff. Mainly surfing and emails and whatever.
Looking to upgrade from Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20BHz with 1GB of ram and 240GB hard drive.

Whatcha think??

Buy this big boy.. You won't reget it :-)
I just bought one for myself.

Price is fair and hardware is top notch.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

40lbs !!

Whatcha think??

It's not too large at all as a desktop PC. It's a great size, big enough but not too much. One of our monitors is 1.5 inches smaller and we wish it was a little larger.

It's a huge upgrade of everything you currently have. The only downside is Win 8.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ccgw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccgw

Read thru the reviews on Dell.com carefully. My take is that there seems to be a crop of the units that have issues; and once you have it, it is hard to get them resolved despite having different component replacement. Like a lot of refurbrished PC's , it is a matter of luck. Just hope you don't get stuck with a lemon as getting tech support and getting components replaced can take many hours....Otherwise , the specs and pricing are extremely attractive.

mommadillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommadillo

Dear woot! staff:

Y'all need to talk to Uncle Bezos at the next staff meeting and get him to OK a woot! store card like his Amazon store card. With my Amazon store card, if I buy something that's over $150, I can take six months to pay it off with no interest. (if it's more than $600, I get a year to pay it off)

If you had something like that, I'd be ordering one of these nice machines for myself instead of gazing wistfully at it and wishing it was on Amazon instead of woot!

Love,

-M

rvfiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvfiver

40lbs !!

Whatcha think??

First,
I have to disagree with all the negative comments on Windows 8 on a touch screen or non touch. I have been using it since it debuted upgrading Win 7 computers with 4 8 Pro licenses I bought at the special intro price. I wasn't over the top about Windows 8 until I got my two touch tablets. An RT surface I have since sold, an HP Envy X2 tablet/ultrabook, and a Lenovo Lynx.

Windows 8 with touch is like a science fiction movie made real. After a few days playing with it you won't ever go back. See it is made for it, but you can always use the desktop and keyboard and mouse. We are just two our kids grown and I am a tech pro. We have three desktops and one is my biggest mistake to date. An Acer 23"AIO without touch.

As to the specs and refurbished with one year warranty. Dell took these back and went over them with a fine tooth comb, and these should be less likely to give problems than new. Dell does not want to spend any more on them or they would give them to brown box refurbishers that can often be bad deals.

I am about to pull the trigger on it too. Just waiting for she who must be obeyed to get home and rant about all my tech toys and hopefully by the time she gets over it some are left.

This is a deal as I have been shopping vastly lesser specs new for within a hundred bucks.

Nevermind,
Pulling the trigger as soon as I post this.

Got it!

SunriseSurfer

MichXelle wrote:It's not too large at all as a desktop PC. It's a great size, big enough but not too much. One of our monitors is 1.5 inches smaller and we wish it was a little larger.

It's a huge upgrade of everything you currently have. The only downside is Win 8.

Thanks innovateltd AND MichXelle -

I bit the bullet and I'm upgrading. Yes sounds like a huge upgrade of my present system.

Time to try to learn something new..WIN 8 (Oh well)

If its a lemon, at least I've got my old system that still works unlike last time when I had to upgrade after my old system crashed.

I'm ahead of the game this time (I hope).