MissMaple

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissMaple
MichXelle wrote:It's not too large at all as a desktop PC. It's a great size, big enough but not too much. One of our monitors is 1.5 inches smaller and we wish it was a little larger.

It's a huge upgrade of everything you currently have. The only downside is Win 8.

I agree that it's not too big...I upgraded from a Pentium 4 with XP. I purchased a scratch and dent and I couldn't find a blemish, except for a tiny speck of dirt under the glass. (Don't get me wrong, that's annoying.) It's quieter than my old computer. I haven't spent much time with it yet other than upgrading all the drivers, but I haven't had any issues. Upgrading to 8.1 is free.

If you don't think this is a good price, the same specs at Dell Outlet will cost you $1609 + tax. (Although they offer coupons from time to time)

I doubt upgrading the memory will be that big of a deal. It's documented in one of the user manuals.

Here is a pic of my messy desk so you can see how 27" compares to a puny 20" screen:

noteworthyjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noteworthyjohn
ThunderThighs wrote:Warranty info is always at the bottom of the Features. This has a one year Dell warranty. You can also purchase an extended protection plan through SquareTrade. The graphic/link for that may not show up on some mobile devices.

Any idea if a three year SquareTrade warrenty is from the date of purchase or is in addition to the one year Dell warrenty?

cowherpower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowherpower
cowherpower wrote:[MOD: It comes with Win 8, not Win 8 Pro.]

Really? That's surprising, and a probably a deal-breaker for me. Dell doesn't sell an i7 XPS 27 on their website that doesn't some with Windows 8 Pro, so I'm really surprised this doesn't have the Pro version of Windows 8.

cowherpower

cowherpower wrote:Really? That's surprising, and a probably a deal-breaker for me. Dell doesn't sell an i7 XPS 27 on their website that doesn't some with Windows 8 Pro, so I'm really surprised this doesn't have the Pro version of Windows 8.

I chatted with Dell support and they confirmed that all of their Intel i7 XPS 27s are sold with Windows 8 Pro. Now I know that Woot is selling refurbished units, but I'd be surprised if all of them were downgraded to just Windows 8.

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87
mommadillo wrote:With my Amazon store card, if I buy something that's over $150, I can take six months to pay it off with no interest. (if it's more than $600, I get a year to pay it off)

I think I am in the wrong place. I thought woot crowd was the more frugal, thoughtful kind that didn't buy things they didn't have money to buy.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

noteworthyjohn wrote:Any idea if a three year SquareTrade warrenty is from the date of purchase or is in addition to the one year Dell warrenty?

SquareTrade would be the place for that question.

Found this though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jgoehrin51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgoehrin51

Does this one have the cat urine issue?

keysh2oboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages keysh2oboy
cowherpower wrote:I chatted with Dell support and they confirmed that all of their Intel i7 XPS 27s are sold with Windows 8 Pro. Now I know that Woot is selling refurbished units, but I'd be surprised if all of them were downgraded to just Windows 8.

They may tell you this.

But I just returned 2 units. Both i7. Neither with Win 8 Pro. (I returned them b/c I got a better deal on 2 other configurations during the return period). So you were misinformed.

Don't take my word for it. Simply go to the dell outlet and select 2720 and i7. The majority of i7's are NOT win pro.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
jgoehrin51 wrote:Does this one have the cat urine issue?

Care to elaborate on that question???

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

willibuyher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willibuyher
radi0j0hn wrote:Care to elaborate on that question???

I believe the one's with cat urine are $100 extra...

ThunderThighs

Staff

And it's a wrap, wooters. See you back here in about 4 hours.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cowherpower

keysh2oboy wrote:They may tell you this.

But I just returned 2 units. Both i7. Neither with Win 8 Pro. (I returned them b/c I got a better deal on 2 other configurations during the return period). So you were misinformed.

Don't take my word for it. Simply go to the dell outlet and select 2720 and i7. The majority of i7's are NOT win pro.

Good to know, thanks. I ordered one anyway. The upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro from Microsoft is only $99.

mommadillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommadillo
k87 wrote:I think I am in the wrong place. I thought woot crowd was the more frugal, thoughtful kind that didn't buy things they didn't have money to buy.

Ever noticed that there's always some dickhead who'll try to turn anything into an attack on other posters? Wonder why that is?

deepakd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deepakd

Woot Gurus,

I missed the deal :-(

Analysis to Paralysis situation..

Wondering if this would pop up again

Thanks!!!

stephenju

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenju

I ordered one but now I notice that the mouse and keyboard in the pictures are different from those on Dell's website.

The ones on Dell's website have silver trims on them.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stephenju wrote:I ordered one but now I notice that the mouse and keyboard in the pictures are different from those on Dell's website.

The ones on Dell's website have silver trims on them.

It's likely because it's factory recondition so a different keyboard/mouse may have been substituted. The ones in our photo don't show silver trim.

FORUM MODERATOR

rpvjeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpvjeff
ThunderThighs wrote:It's likely because it's factory recondition so a different keyboard/mouse may have been substituted. The ones in our photo don't show silver trim.

Looks like this comes with a downgraded Dell KM632 kb/mouse combo rather than the KM714 standard for the XPS27 AIO. That seems to push the boundaries of the term "factory reconditioned" a bit. It would really be nice if these "differences" would be highlighted in the sales pitch so a proper comparison could be made!

justmejoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

Estimated delivery : Thur 11/14/2013.... woot I have never loved you quite so much as I do right now. Much appreciative of the amazing service you provide!

ThunderThighs

Staff

justmejoseph wrote:Estimated delivery : Thur 11/14/2013.... woot I have never loved you quite so much as I do right now. Much appreciative of the amazing service you provide!

Awwww, we love you too. Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR

jbathani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbathani

Just arrived and I started it to find out it does not have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2GB dedicated GDDR5)graphics card as it states in the specs and title. Just emailed woot service.

mrwhirly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwhirly
jbathani wrote:Just arrived and I started it to find out it does not have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2GB dedicated GDDR5)graphics card as it states in the specs and title. Just emailed woot service.

Correct graphics adapter here. I can confirm that the kb/mouse combo is indeed the downgraded version though. Not a problem for me though as I'll be using my existing hardware.

hbakrley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hbakrley
jbathani wrote:Just arrived and I started it to find out it does not have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2GB dedicated GDDR5)graphics card as it states in the specs and title. Just emailed woot service.

What was it then? The integrated model?

herlein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages herlein

I received my system yesterday which was quick. I am replacing a self built system from 2006 so this is much needed upgrade. The system is perfect, no blemishes and everything works perfectly. This ranks as my best Woot purchase along with the Dyson vacuum and Shun knives, I am easily impressed. The keyboard / mouse is the lower model but I didn't need it so will re-gift it. The graphic card is correct and showes both the Intel HD and NVIDIA under Device Manager. I upgraded the MSATA to a Plextor 256GB and made it the boot drive to make it even faster. If anyone wants some tips on how to do this, let me know. I am upgrading the RAM from 8GB to 16GB but it is not here yet.

troyf6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyf6

I also got my system yesterday. Mine didn't come with the GeForce 750M card...only onboard Intel graphics. Unacceptable! Waiting to hear a reply from support.

Otherwise though, the machine is excellent and arrived in pristine condition.

jgbstetson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgbstetson
troyf6 wrote:I also got my system yesterday. Mine didn't come with the GeForce 750M card...only onboard Intel graphics. Unacceptable! Waiting to hear a reply from support.

not cool. Let us know how it goes. Mine is due to arrive today and this makes me nervous.

awethern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awethern
herlein wrote:I received my system yesterday which was quick. I am replacing a self built system from 2006 so this is much needed upgrade. The system is perfect, no blemishes and everything works perfectly. This ranks as my best Woot purchase along with the Dyson vacuum and Shun knives, I am easily impressed. The keyboard / mouse is the lower model but I didn't need it so will re-gift it. The graphic card is correct and showes both the Intel HD and NVIDIA under Device Manager. I upgraded the MSATA to a Plextor 256GB and made it the boot drive to make it even faster. If anyone wants some tips on how to do this, let me know. I am upgrading the RAM from 8GB to 16GB but it is not here yet.

I got mine, NVIDIA there, and SSD is there BUT THEY DID NOT PUT WINDOWS ON THE SSD! Went to reinstall windows on the SSD, and it acted like it wasn't going to ask me where I wanted it. Is this because it is setup in RAID?

hbakrley

awethern wrote:I got mine, NVIDIA there, and SSD is there BUT THEY DID NOT PUT WINDOWS ON THE SSD! Went to reinstall windows on the SSD, and it acted like it wasn't going to ask me where I wanted it. Is this because it is setup in RAID?

Been reading up on this. It is setup for ISRT. Basically the 32gb ssd is for caching, with windows on the 2tb drive. I doubt win8 would fit on the 32gb ssd. I purchased a 256GB SSD MSATA. Will be reinstalling 8.1 on this drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19516805.aspx?dgc=SM&cid=260354&lid=4868420

awethern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awethern
hbakrley wrote:Been reading up on this. It is setup for ISRT. Basically the 32gb ssd is for caching, with windows on the 2tb drive. I doubt win8 would fit on the 32gb ssd. I purchased a 256GB SSD MSATA. Will be reinstalling 8.1 on this drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19516805.aspx?dgc=SM&cid=260354&lid=4868420

Claims to only require 20GB.

Windows 8.1

If you want to run Windows 8.1 on your PC, here's what it takes:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

gestoph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gestoph

Well this sucks. I got an order confirmation from woot for this item and then nothing else. Just followed up with them and it looks like my order was denied because it got caught in their fraud filter.

But I never got a notification about any issues with my order. If I had known I would have called them and cleared things up.

That's some sucky customer service there Woot!

hbakrley

awethern wrote:Claims to only require 20GB.

Windows 8.1

If you want to run Windows 8.1 on your PC, here's what it takes:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

I should have said "I doubt you would want to." I have win7 on a 120gb ssd... just too small for my taste.

If you want to install on the 32gb SSD be my guest. I'm sure it will work once switched to AHCI.

troyf6

anyone who had problems with this order get a reply from support back yet? I wasn't aware that it seems impossible to reach someone at Woot by phone, and I have to rely on someone helping me through email.

jgbstetson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgbstetson
troyf6 wrote:anyone who had problems with this order get a reply from support back yet? I wasn't aware that it seems impossible to reach someone at Woot by phone, and I have to rely on someone helping me through email.

A quick BBB search shows that, indeed, Woot doesn't use phone support/service. It took about a day to get a response form my email (not too bad).

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

troyf6 wrote:I also got my system yesterday. Mine didn't come with the GeForce 750M card...only onboard Intel graphics. Unacceptable! Waiting to hear a reply from support.

For those of you experiencing problems with your video card:

The graphics is switchable from the integrated (onboard graphics) to the actual video card. We advise you to double check the device manager (usually located within Start-->Control Panel) if you have not already.

Here is a helpful link to quickly open Control Panel in Windows 8:
CNET - Control Panel in Windows 8

If you're still encountering problems, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

troyf6

ROGETRAY wrote:For those of you experiencing problems with your video card:

The graphics is switchable from the integrated (onboard graphics) to the actual video card. We advise you to double check the device manager (usually located within Start-->Control Panel) if you have not already.

Here is a helpful link to quickly open Control Panel in Windows 8:
CNET - Control Panel in Windows 8

If you're still encountering problems, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com. They'll be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

this certainly is odd. yesterday I had been trying every way that I could to find the graphics card...device manager, nvidia graphics card scanner, display properties, etc...I tried downloading the newest 750M driver and that said it was not compatible.

In the last few hours...somehow...the graphics card is showing up now, but it won't let me update the most recent driver...strange.

stephenju

How do you switch between the 2 graphics cards?

stephenju

stephenju wrote:How do you switch between the 2 graphics cards?

Never mind. Found it in NVIDIA Control Panel in the Manage 3D settings section.

herlein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages herlein

I did some research and the XPS 2720 that was sold on Woot has both the Intel HD and the Nvidia graphic chips. This is due to the i7 chipset having a graphic processor built in. The Intel HD chip powers the monitors and the nVidia graphic card kicks in to help with games and design application that can utilize it. You need drivers for both processors available on dell's support site and you will see both devices in the device manager. I hope this helps.

Vanhalensing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vanhalensing

Got mine the other day, and it is mostly great. However, I am having to go through Dell support, as the graphics card fan makes horrible noises when it kicks on. Once this problem is fixed, I look forward to games on it. Until then, I just have to stick with integrated.

Also, my msata drive was configured as a standard drive. If yours it too, and you want it as a cache drive to speed up the system, delete the partition in disk management, them go into the intel utility for drive management (it was already running in the notification area). Then you can enable it as cache.

dke76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dke76

Not happy at all...My computer arrived on Friday and I just picked it up. Out of the box the bottom right of the monitor had cracks on the display. The touch function does not work at all. Called dell and they advised me to notify Woot and to have them work on a replacement system?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dke76 wrote:Not happy at all...My computer arrived on Friday and I just picked it up. Out of the box the bottom right of the monitor had cracks on the display. The touch function does not work at all. Called dell and they advised me to notify Woot and to have them work on a replacement system?

Sorry for the late reply and to also hear that your order arrived in the condition you described.

Please write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what you're experiencing. They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue.