werekong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages werekong

Can anyone compare this to an Asus Transformer (TF-300T), also with keyboard?

jetsers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetsers

Very excited to see this show up today. I got the new kindle fire hdx last week to replace my broken tab 10.1. All weekend I just was wishing I had my tab back.
Then today woot surprises me with the tab2. So the kindle is going back and a cheaper but better to my liking tab 2 will be heading my way.

Woot

JayRo44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JayRo44
kylelmccoy wrote:This is a great deal on an excellent larger tablet - My wife owns it and loves it. She's a real technophobe - but this tablet is easy to use and simply works! If the kid wanted an ipad for christmas - give him/her this and slap an apple sticker on the back.

Don't degrade this product with an apple sticker! loljk

How does this compare to the Asus Transformer TF300T? My mom wants a tablet and I'm thinking of giving mine for this.

Edit: I guess werekong wants to know the same thing...

nmanx62

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmanx62
bigjaret wrote:This might be a good deal if it wasn't referbished. The tab 3 has 1.6 GHz and
Can buy new for 359 at Costco.

Actually, I have had great success rate and I would jump faster for a less-expensive factory refurbished model over paying full price for a new unit. My reasoning is simple: whatever failed on the device to cause it to be returned, that module is replaced, and the unit has to go through another "burn-in" testing process to be labeled as 'refurbished'. So essentially, the unit has gone through quality control 2x, and if nothing fails after being in a consumer's hands and that second round of QA, it probably won't break on me!

nmanx62

uptonlib wrote:Can programs like Microsoft Word or Excel be used on this tablet?

There are several apps for Android that are compatible with MS Office applications, so any tablet will be able to at minimum view, and potentially edit/create Word and Excel documents, with the purchase of the right application. Search the Play store.

poxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poxy

Is the S Pen included in this tablet?

nmanx62

poxy wrote:Is the S Pen included in this tablet?

In the box:

Samsung GT-P5113TSYXAR Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" 16GB Tablet
Samsung BKB-10USWEGXAR Bluetooth Keyboard
Samsung EDD-D100WEG Universal Desktop Charging and Audio Out Dock
USB Cable
AC Adapter

As far as I can tell from research I did last night, S pens are not included with a new Tab 2, either

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

I did some research, and it appears that only the Galaxy Note models come with the S-Pen. It also doesn't seem like it's included with today's offer.

Here is a Phandroid forum thread also discussing if the S-Pen even works with the Tab models.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

An S-Pen would not be included for a simple reason. It does not work on a Galaxy Tab 2. The Galaxy NOTE has the screen that accepts input from it, this does not.

jeramyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeramyt

Any one received their tracking number? 3 days an only "Shipping Now"

ROGETRAY

Staff

jeramyt wrote:Any one received their tracking number? 3 days an only "Shipping Now"

Orders usually ship within 3-5 days of the sale (in most cases sooner that that). I would recommend that if you don't received the tracking number or see an update to the shipping status of your order by tomorrow, to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and inquire.

jetsers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetsers
ROGETRAY wrote:Orders usually ship within 3-5 days of the sale (in most cases sooner that that). I would recommend that if you don't received the tracking number or see an update to the shipping status of your order by tomorrow, to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and inquire.

Have had my tracking number since last week, but that number still shows up as No record of this tracking number can be found. from the tracking website.

Woot

jeramyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeramyt

any one have any issues with keyboard not working correctly? backspace, H and G do not type, others work just fine

ROGETRAY

Staff

jetsers wrote:Have had my tracking number since last week, but that number still shows up as No record of this tracking number can be found. from the tracking website.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Have you received your order yet? I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know if you're still encountering any issues.

jeramyt wrote:any one have any issues with keyboard not working correctly? backspace, H and G do not type, others work just fine

Although this product is not covered by Samsung warranty, you could try and visit the Samsung Customer Support Page to see if they could provide any helpful information to resolve the issue.