Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Item: Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB Tablet
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/16/2013 - $139.99-159.99 (Woot-off) - 21 comment(s)
9/26/2013 - $139.99-159.99 (Woot-off) - 73 comment(s)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB Tablet
Price: $129.99
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

$100 discount for being a refurb! this is almost as good as the $99 touchpads

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

werdwerdus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

Last gen Nexus 7; that said, it really is a solid tablet. Battery life has remained fairly consistent, though with stock android, it does tend to get bogged down (and you must close open apps) with gmail and a couple other apps running at the same time.

Memory management is tremendously better with alternative roms, very easy to root. Bad part is no micro sd slot, and sort of abysmal GPS antenna.

That said, grab one of these, mount it on your dash, load up Waze and set your phone into tether and blow all those Tomtom punks off the road!

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 8 Private Messages starmanbackwards

someone tell me ......does this work wi fi as well?

Thanks

berf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages berf

Does anyone know if there is a pressure sensitive capable pen for the Nexus 7?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the 16gb and the 32gb

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3913 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch some videos

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink
starmanbackwards wrote:someone tell me ......does this work wi fi as well?

Thanks

Yes, it's wifi only. No 3G.
I have a nexus 10. Very solid tablet. Very fast. Kind of sickening to see them this low in price in fact

haywardk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages haywardk
Kingu wrote:Last gen Nexus 7; that said,a solid tablet.

Bad part is no micro sd slot, and sort of abysmal GPS antenna.

Yeah that is the really disappointing thing about these... no SD slot so go for the 32GB one.

Even most of the the generic knock off tablets have SD slots...
A really cheap thing for Google to have left off.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

No longer is limited memory on a Tablet (or anything else) an issue. As long as it has WIFI it can connect to Samsungs new wireless hard drive. It also comes with a 3 year warrenty.

I have one and use it to store my movies and ebooks for my Tablet. Works pretty good.

So if you were holding back because of the memory issue this is one solution.

pquirk777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pquirk777
haywardk wrote:Yeah that is the really disappointing thing about these... no SD slot so go for the 32GB one.

Even most of the the generic knock off tablets have SD slots...
A really cheap thing for Google to have left off.

It's not Google being cheap, it's their Nexus strategy. None of the current Nexus devices have SD slots because Google wants you in the cloud.

haywardk

No longer is limited memory on a Tablet (or anything else) an issue. As long as it has WIFI it can connect to Samsungs new wireless hard drive. It also comes with a 3 year warrenty.

Yeah if you don't mind carrying around yet another gadget. And bet that drive is much more pricey than a large SD card and how long does its power last plus size/weight

Plus it ties up your WiFi connection, so you couldn't DL or browse (w/floating window apps) something while streaming something from it.

pquirk777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pquirk777
berf wrote:Does anyone know if there is a pressure sensitive capable pen for the Nexus 7?

Yes. http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Samsung-Windows-Tablets/dp/B00BVUQZZ2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1384412405&sr=8-9&keywords=pressure+sensitive+tablet+stylus

haywardk

pquirk777 wrote:It's not Google being cheap, it's their Nexus strategy. None of the current Nexus devices have SD slots because Google wants you in the cloud.

I don't give a CRAP where Google wants me. I want aceess to stuff on or OFF line, all the time.

And they have lost a TON of sales on these for that maybe $4 cost saving.

And an SD slot doesn't just double the capacity it infinitely does if you carry multiple tiny cards.

Without one stuck for ever with what you bought (hopefully the 32 not 16)

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
haywardk wrote:I don't give a CRAP where Google wants me. I want aceess to stuff on or OFF line, all the time.

And they have lost a TON of sales on these for that $4 cost saving

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FUNYSA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
USB cable, thumbdrives, and Nexus Media Importer work fine for me.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

The lack of an SD slot is the very reason I will be buying a samsung tablet. Screw the cloud.

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

First of all, I totally agree the SD card support is a must for any device I buy. However, Google has a point that security and stability are much higher with internal storage only. Also this is one way that Google avoids directly competing with other manufacturers, plus the gimping of the camera they always do.

haywardk

wootmeharder wrote:The lack of an SD slot is the very reason I will be buying a samsung tablet. Screw the cloud.

And why I went for the ASUS (who makes NEXUS for GOOGLE) Transformer, which with the Keyboard dock, offers a second battery, a 2nd SD slot and a true hosting USB port.

PS why I passed over (actually bought and quickly resold) the original Sammy Tab, which also omitted the SD slot, but unlike Google they learned that error fast.

haywardk

chefjoe wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FUNYSA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
USB cable, thumbdrives, and Nexus Media Importer work fine for me.

Again you really want to have to buy and carry all that extra crap because they chose to save a few bucks and try to be Crapple tirantical.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

berf wrote:

pquirk777 wrote:Yes. http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Samsung-Windows-Tablets/dp/B00BVUQZZ2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1384412405&sr=8-9&keywords=pressure+sensitive+tablet+stylus

NO!!!! This is absolutely not true. The screen on the Nexus 7 does not support this. PLEASE DO NOT be tricked into it. This is for a tablet like the Galaxy Note which has a screen that will recognize pressure sensitive pen input.

"Note: For tablets with Wacom Feel IT technology only. NOT compatible with iPad or other capacitive devices"

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

If you are looking for a wonderful tablet for a good price AND do not need a rear camera or expandable storage via microSD card...this really is a very good deal on a top notch tablet.

berf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages berf
morriea wrote:berf wrote:

NO!!!! This is absolutely not true. The screen on the Nexus 7 does not support this. PLEASE DO NOT be tricked into it. This is for a tablet like the Galaxy Note which has a screen that will recognize pressure sensitive pen input.

"Note: For tablets with Wacom Feel IT technology only. NOT compatible with iPad or other capacitive devices"

Ah, thank you!

jdnuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdnuki
pquirk777 wrote:It's not Google being cheap, it's their Nexus strategy. None of the current Nexus devices have SD slots because Google wants you in the cloud.

If they wanted me in the cloud, they would have included 3g. The world's wifi coverage is way too spotty to make The Cloud useful.

philhachey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philhachey
starmanbackwards wrote:someone tell me ......does this work wi fi as well?

Thanks

it works with WiFi only.

jasonof2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonof2010

Recently Gamestop got rid of their remaining 1st Gen Nexus 7's for $99, new. I picked up two.
As much as I love it for the price Woot wants for it Id rather have (and do have) a Nook HD or HD+. It has a SD slot some here are complaining about, a very pretty screen and it is VEEERRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY easily rooted to pure Android.

StarBob

quality posts: 15 Private Messages StarBob

I have a 32 GB model and it's a solid device. Not the most powerful device on the market even when it was released, but it performs well. Be aware there's no rear facing camera on these though if that's an issue. I've had mine for about a year and though it doesn't get a great deal of use, it still works perfectly.

Now a side discussion - where are all of the refurbished Nexus 4s? Vendors are selling them for the same price as a new Nexus 5 all over the place and even used ones on ebay are going for what they retailed for a couple months ago.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns
badhabit12 wrote:No longer is limited memory on a Tablet (or anything else) an issue. As long as it has WIFI it can connect to Samsungs new wireless hard drive. It also comes with a 3 year warrenty.

I have one and use it to store my movies and ebooks for my Tablet. Works pretty good.

So if you were holding back because of the memory issue this is one solution.

Albeit a very expensive alternative to an inexpensive MicroSD card in other tablets.

Edurne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Edurne
wootmeharder wrote:The lack of an SD slot is the very reason I will be buying a samsung tablet. Screw the cloud.

Agreed. I just ordered a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 - 8" (with SD slot of course) for $257 and free shipping. The deal is posted over on Deal's Woot

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you.

yprasannas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yprasannas

Yesterday I got it from staples...

new 16GB for $149

http://www.staples.com/Nexus-7-Google-Nexus-7-Tablet-16GB/product_949231

dyingbreed420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dyingbreed420

Game stop had the 32gb on sale for $99 earlier this week. Now that was a deal

dfran1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfran1

for a 7" tablet and only 1 gig ram
32 gig version should be no more than $99
16 gig version should be no more than $75
and less for refurbs!!

This is not a deal at all!!!!

If it were 2 gig ram than yes but 1 gig ram NO stay away, they will come down

DotX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DotX

Hisense Sero 7 PRO

Rather similar guts to this Nexus 7, plus a micro SD slot and mini HDMI output and rear-facing camera.

Biggest downside? only available at VoldeMart. Otherwise, quite the peppy little alternative.

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns

Woot price for this refurb is "somewhat" competitive, for example see over at the the egg

However the new Nexus 7 has the highest rez screen for those who care and wish to Dare to Compare

Even with a "faster" cpu but poorer battery life (more pixels to activate, right?) and the addition of a rear camera and a HDMI output, the newly released Nexus 7 still doesn't support a memory expansion port to go along with its newer JellyBean 4.3 OS.

Still this Woot offering is much, much better than the Polaroids offered earlier.

However, if you like these refurbed Nexus 7's, you might like the HiSense Sero 7 Pro sold at wallymart, yet another factory refurb for $99.99 and it has all the same features as these Nexus 7's plus MicroSD expandibility, HDMI output, equivalent screen rez, JellyBean rootable Android OS, and simply more bang for your buck. Oh, and did I forget to mention, supports GooglePlay? Want a longer warranty, then buy the same items new in retail packaging for $129.99 and wally even has a cheap extended plan.

Baeocystin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Baeocystin
berf wrote:Does anyone know if there is a pressure sensitive capable pen for the Nexus 7?

There aren't any. You need a Wacom-style digitizer for that, which is an extra hardware layer that these tablets don't have.

tindios

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tindios
dyingbreed420 wrote:Game stop had the 32gb on sale for $99 earlier this week. Now that was a deal

I was one of those that picked up the BRAND NEW 32GB Nexus that Gamestop had for $99 for my daughter and I had put one on hold for my mom who also purchased it at the same time.(I already have a 32GB)

Even though Gamestop sold all of it's stock in hours, there are stories all over of people using the Gamestop liquidation sale to get price matches from Walmart, Sears, and Staples so I would try that before I went the refurb route.

Then specifically about the refurb market; Walmart just a couple of days ago had the 16GB refurb for $79 and ebay routinely has the 32GB refurb model for $139

I expect SO much more from woot! but this sale falls VERY short of what it should be.

willyone

quality posts: 28 Private Messages willyone
morriea wrote:berf wrote:

Wacom makes the Intuos Creative Stylus for the iPad 3, iPad mini and newer iPads. It works via Bluetooth 4.0 which transmits information about pressure (2048 levels), tilt and rotation just like other Wacom pro pens.

bowlingb

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bowlingb
willyone wrote:Wacom makes the Intuos Creative Stylus for the iPad 3, iPad mini and newer iPads. It works via Bluetooth 4.0 which transmits information about pressure (2048 levels), tilt and rotation just like other Wacom pro pens.

Which may be true, but isn't relevant to the original questioner, who asked about styli for the Nexus 7.