WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Prepare to Travel

So you agreed to travel out of town for the holidays. Sucker. But now that you've committed to that terrible decision, all you can do is make the best of it. Just stock up on this gear and keep telling yourself: "I'll be back home soon... I'll be back home soon..."

horsetrot14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horsetrot14

Bought this a while ago from woot when I first got my dog. It was a great idea, but the water side leaked uncontrollably...

capjones1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capjones1

As much as my daughter's cheap-ass dad wants to buy one of these cheap-ass tablets to get her off my (ahem... his) iPhone... the reviews suggest they're too crappy to subject even a a 4 year-old to. Too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-PTAB8000-Polariod-Internet-Tablet/product-reviews/B009LTSGRA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/53780-ptab8000.html

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

A: Your dog is <60lbs
You can pick your dog up.

B: Your dog is >15lbs
Your dog can jump into the car on its own

Either way, you don't need a pet ramp.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:A: Your dog is <60lbs

Ramps prevent injuries from jumping in and out of cars, off couches, beds, etc. And sometimes it's more comfortable for a dog to walk on its own than to be picked up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
ThunderThighs wrote:Ramps prevent injuries from jumping in and out of cars, off couches, beds, etc. And sometimes it's more comfortable for a dog to walk on its own than to be picked up.

You can prevent injuries by not jumping the shark. This place has become the JC Penny's bargin bin of the internet.

Seriously, do you have any idea how off putting it is to see all the garbage you are peddling? You used to be sincere and honest, TT. Now you are spewing drek about picking up dogs and their comfort level.

Meh.

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills
CapnJB wrote:You can prevent injuries by not jumping the shark. This place has become the JC Penny's bargin bin of the internet.

Seriously, do you have any idea how off putting it is to see all the garbage you are peddling? You used to be sincere and honest, TT. Now you are spewing drek about picking up dogs and their comfort level.

Meh.

Boy, how I wish that weren't true. There's a lot more useless junk being sold now (in the past it might have been junk, but at least it was cheap NEAT junk). Focus, Woot. Focus.

kjonmyway

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjonmyway

Do NOT buy the Panasonic tablets!

These are complete junk, not even suitable for a child. It does not come with Google Play, and you can't download normal Android apps.

It won't stay connected to wifi, is extremely sluggish, and won't play regular Android apps = complete waste of money.

thehyena

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thehyena

My dogs ride in the back of my truck, one of which is a 10yo, 90lb American Bulldog who is not overly fond of being picked up.
There are situations where pet ramps/stairs are applicable.
That said, I used some wood and carpet scraps and made my own ramp.

wunkers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wunkers

So, if you're old and arthritic, and your 80lb dog is old and arthritic, how exactly is the dog getting in the car for a vet visit, genius?

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
horsetrot14 wrote:Bought this a while ago from woot when I first got my dog. It was a great idea, but the water side leaked uncontrollably...

Which one are you talking about?!?

cjlucas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjlucas

So, How much is the roof top carrier? Will it fit my Prius?

eurenda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eurenda
CapnJB wrote:You can prevent injuries by not jumping the shark. This place has become the JC Penny's bargin bin of the internet.

Meh.

I must say that nothing insincere or dishonest about what TT has said. As a representative for a company, you do the best to describe the product you are peddling which as a reader I have always found TT to do.

The above being said, as an owner of several generation of dachsunds, I can tell you that my little older weiner dogs will certainly appreciate such a product. I have a ramp for them to enter/exit the cat door at home, so preventing jumps from the car is necessary as this breed (and several other) get older.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Meh.

I'm not trying to peddle them. I've had many dogs and my larger dogs didn't like being picked up. Until recently, I had a corgi/dachshund mix - long back. They are prone to back injuries from jumping. I had a ramp next to my bed so that she could get up and down without jumping.

It's ok to not think that ramps are necessary just as it's ok to think they can be really useful in some situations.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

I have a 50 lb boxer and a 75 lb boxer mix. I've been looking into ramps because even though I can pick both of them up and neither minds, I don't want to throw out my back. Larger breeds are typically predisposed for hip displaysia. I'd rather have a ramp and have the dogs use it as a precautionary tool so that they're not jumping and stressing their joints more than need be. It is really easy for an animal to injure itself when jumping out of a truck.

seems to me you're just bitter

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

Meh.

Seems to me that even though most of us who have been around for a while are somewhat disappointed in the offerings in general, yet we must stick around for a reason. Woot still does offer some good deals, and I've found a few things on the plus sales that I'm glad they had. Do I miss old woot? Absolutely.

The direction Amazon has taken woot is definitely different, but I find that the customer service is still excellent. Their new woot business model must be working. If you hate it so much, it is probably because you are not a mainstream customer or their targeted demographic. Or you're just resistant to change.

Obviously, it sucks since Snapster left, but I can't blame him for being bought out by Amazon. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably have done the same thing.

I don't understand the concept of coming on here and complaining about the new woot and personally attacking a moderator. If you're not happy with it, you can leave suggestions, but to attack TT about jumping the shark shows your character, and not in a flattering way.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

An old dog can't always jump up or be lifted up. What if the owner is older too? That's only 2 basic examples.

My parents dog uses a ramp, he's a 45 lb. boxer. My 78 year old Dad should lift him into the SUV when he wears a neck & back brace?

I find your words offensive. Don't tell others what they need because you don't know. You don't need it but others do.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

If people drove more minivans, you wouldn't need to strap a parachute on the top of your car.

TC1 USCG Ret

y2kjackal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages y2kjackal

I will disagree.
I have had dogs with bonecancer where a trip to the vet required getting the dog into the car. Do you really expect me to pick up my 65 pound dog with spinal osteosacroma? Look up osteaosarcoma. My dog had it in the spine. Any type of lifting risked damaging the spinal chord.
Or how about a Great Dane with OSA in the leg. Do you expect the dog to jump in and out of the vehicle with a strong possibility of breaking a leg.

I also have had dogs where a ACL tears that required vet visits and surgeries to repair. I guess it is fine for the dog to jump in and out before and after surgery.

Your comment is like saying a set of crutches is not needed when you break a leg because you have 2 legs and should be able to walk.

Pets have handicaps too.

GameFederer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GameFederer

Curious about the Samsung Galaxy Player (5.0") and the car top travel carrier.

Anybody have any experience?

I currently use my old phone as an mp3 player, and was looking to get a non-ipod mp3 player with bluetooth, because my ipod touch's bluetooth does not work too well with my car's Pioneer In-Dash bluetooth system.

Androids work just fine though.

dmax801

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dmax801

I have those broad Thule Aeroblade crossbars on my Prius and I wonder if the Inno soft box will connect to those larger bars. My current box won't - the bracket is too small for the Aeroblade width. Anyone got ideas?

quikster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quikster
dmax801 wrote:I have those broad Thule Aeroblade crossbars on my Prius and I wonder if the Inno soft box will connect to those larger bars. My current box won't - the bracket is too small for the Aeroblade width. Anyone got ideas?

They should work, I have some inno kayak racks that mount to my factory bars which are wider than the old Thule Aero bars I also have. Don't have the new teardrop ones you have.