aguitarplaya08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aguitarplaya08

I just received my tool box damaged as well. This seems to be a common issue. Has anyone received a tool box that is not damaged?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

aguitarplaya08 wrote:I just received my tool box damaged as well. This seems to be a common issue. Has anyone received a tool box that is not damaged?

Bummer! Have you contacted Waterloo Industries about the warranty? If not, I'd recommend starting there. Please don't hesitate to email Woot Member Services with your user name and order number for additional assistance along the way. support@woot.com

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

steveb625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steveb625

Just got my bottom box from the UPS lady. Opened it up expecting the worst but my box arrived undamaged. I installed the casters which look like neat little mag wheels. Easy install! Now, as far as the drawer slides are concerned, I am GLAD I did not pay attention to the nay-sayers. I have a Craftsman bottom box that I bought used in 1980 and I long forgot how the drawers were mounted but after receiving the new box I checked my old one. THEY ARE THE SAME. And I have some heavy tools in the bottom drawer without issue.
As far as getting one box before the other, 2 tracking numbers were sent. My top box is scheduled to arrive Monday. I think they are sent from different locations.

steveb625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steveb625
wootmeister2 wrote:UPS just delivered half of my order. I got the chest but not the rolling cabinet. I emailed customer service, but so far have heard nothing. Has anyone else had a similar delivery problem? UPS says there was only one box in the shipment.

You should have received two tracking numbers. I think the boxes are shipped from different locations.

chyronboy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chyronboy2

I just bought this last week. It came with 2 large dents in the back of the lower cabinet as well as a dent on the top edge of the lower cabinet. That dent will not allow the upper cabinet to sit on the lower cabinet. Of course I can't return to woot so I'm screwed. My own fault for buying online.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

chyronboy2 wrote:I just bought this last week. It came with 2 large dents in the back of the lower cabinet as well as a dent on the top edge of the lower cabinet. That dent will not allow the upper cabinet to sit on the lower cabinet. Of course I can't return to woot so I'm screwed. My own fault for buying online.

I'm sorry to hear that your order was damaged in transit.
I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what you've posted here.
I'm sure they'll be able to help remedy the issue.

swloritz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swloritz

How has Woot support been helping everyone who received their tool boxes dented in shipping?

I have emailed support but I am curious because I have read horror stories on other sites about trying to get help from woot with issues such as this.

billiards102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billiards102
chyronboy2 wrote:I just bought this last week. It came with 2 large dents in the back of the lower cabinet as well as a dent on the top edge of the lower cabinet. That dent will not allow the upper cabinet to sit on the lower cabinet. Of course I can't return to woot so I'm screwed. My own fault for buying online.

I too had a dent on the bottom box which is bad enough the top box won't fit on, going to try to fix it myself instead of messing with warranty. Top half arrived in pretty good shape other than a 5" scratch on the top.

chyronboy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chyronboy2
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that your order was damaged in transit.
I would recommend that you write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know what you've posted here.
I'm sure they'll be able to help remedy the issue.

I wrote to Woot Member Services last Friday but have not gotten a reply

ROGETRAY

Staff

chyronboy2 wrote:I wrote to Woot Member Services last Friday but have not gotten a reply

If you still haven't received a reply by the end of the day, please post here again and I'll forward your message along to them to expedite a response.
We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience.

swloritz

chyronboy2 wrote:I wrote to Woot Member Services last Friday but have not gotten a reply

I wrote on Sunday about the smashed bottom box that I received and did not get a response either. I did get a response to my earlier questions about this item however.

Woot has still not shipped the top box to me according to the tracking number.

swloritz

I received a response from Woot immediately following my last post. They offered me $25 compensation for the smashed box. You've got to be kidding me Woot. You've violated your agreement with the credit card company too by charging me and not shipping the top box. Come pick your trash up off my porch while I dispute this charge.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

swloritz wrote:I received a response from Woot immediately following my last post. They offered me $25 compensation for the smashed box. You've got to be kidding me Woot. You've violated your agreement with the credit card company too by charging me and not shipping the top box. Come pick your trash up off my porch while I dispute this charge.

I spoke with CS and it looks like we did offer you a return label (and subsequently a full refund upon return) but asked that you please wait until the top arrives so you can ship them both back with the same label. The $25 was offered if you wanted to go ahead and keep it, dents and all. If you want it off your porch now, you could likely file a damage call tag with FedEx and have them pick it up, but we would be happy to provide you a pre-paid label for both packages once you get your second. You would be able to schedule a pick up with FedEx at that point as well.

swloritz

agingdragqueen wrote:I spoke with CS and it looks like we did offer you a return label (and subsequently a full refund upon return) but asked that you please wait until the top arrives so you can ship them both back with the same label. The $25 was offered if you wanted to go ahead and keep it, dents and all. If you want it off your porch now, you could likely file a damage call tag with FedEx and have them pick it up, but we would be happy to provide you a pre-paid label for both packages once you get your second. You would be able to schedule a pick up with FedEx at that point as well.

This is not true. A return label has not been provided. I was told that I need to wait until the section that has not even shipped out to me yet arrives before I can ship both of these back. Once woot receives both of them back I would then be credited.

This along with a minimum of 24 hours between each email correspondence is unacceptable. I consider this an unauthorized transaction as it is not in compliance with Visa's merchant agreement.

swloritz

Agingdragqueen,

I apologize to you. I misread your last post to mean that a return label had already been provided. Thank you for looking in to the problem.

agingdragqueen

Staff

swloritz wrote:Agingdragqueen,

I apologize to you. I misread your last post to mean that a return label had already been provided. Thank you for looking in to the problem.

Not even a problem, I'm sorry you're having a frustrating experience with us. Is there something else I can directly help with?

swloritz

agingdragqueen wrote:Not even a problem, I'm sorry you're having a frustrating experience with us. Is there something else I can directly help with?

No thank you agingdragqueen. Not unless you are able to provide a label and credit my account.

The problem is that I have been charged for something last week that has not even been given to the shipping company yet. It's more than likely never going to ship since woot does not have any more in stock. I should not have to wait for this section to (possibly) ship out to me and then wait to ship both them back to woot before I can be credited. This whole process is going to cost woot much more than $25 in shipping. An added 24-36 hour delay between each correspondence with woot further delays the process.

Thanks anyway

ryanjames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanjames

I received the two boxes one day apart. I agree that these are not packed to handle the treatment that a typical ground shipper gives them. My bottom box has a dent. It's small, on the bottom rail, and doesn't interfere with any drawer functions, so I'll deal with it. I would hesitate to recommend anyone else buying a similar deal in the future in light of these experiences.

Regarding the drawer hardware, I'm glad I didn't balk at the lack of ball bearings. They're drawers. They're small enough that I'm not stacking too much weight into any single drawer, and they seem sturdy enough.

I did appreciate that the boxes came assembled. All I had to do was screw in the casters. Every other furniture shipment these days is a real investment of time after delivery.

ladylinck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladylinck
marciagm wrote:I ordered 3 of these the last time they were offered, in white, and every piece arrived damaged because they are not packed properly. All were returned.

Mine arrived damaged too. The front of the top was badly scratched and both pieces looked like they had been dropped repeatedly. The bottom edges are all dented and drawers are out of whack and misaligned. This was a Christmas present for my husband that I let him open early because I really wanted him to have it. We were both surprised and not in a good way. I am really upset. I'm trying to find the ball bearing one at Harbor Freight that one posted mentioned.

agingdragqueen

Staff

ladylinck wrote:Mine arrived damaged too. The front of the top was badly scratched and both pieces looked like they had been dropped repeatedly. The bottom edges are all dented and drawers are out of whack and misaligned. This was a Christmas present for my husband that I let him open early because I really wanted him to have it. We were both surprised and not in a good way. I am really upset. I'm trying to find the ball bearing one at Harbor Freight that one posted mentioned.

I'm sincerely sorry yours arrived in that condition, please email into support@woot.com if you haven't already.

ladylinck

I have requested return shipping labels twice now and haven't received them... The items arrived damaged, WOOT wouldn't replace them, instead offered me $50 to keep them. I requested a refund and return shipping lables. No response whatsoever so I'm disputing the charges. I'm getting really angry over this ruined Christmas present for my husband. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy from WOOT again and I will let everyone else know about the issues I've had as well. NOT HAPPY!

ROGETRAY

Staff

ladylinck wrote:I have requested return shipping labels twice now and haven't received them... The items arrived damaged, WOOT wouldn't replace them, instead offered me $50 to keep them. I requested a refund and return shipping lables. No response whatsoever so I'm disputing the charges. I'm getting really angry over this ruined Christmas present for my husband. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy from WOOT again and I will let everyone else know about the issues I've had as well. NOT HAPPY!

We're extremely sorry it took so long for a response and to also hear that you received your order in the condition your described it in.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they resolved the issue.

monster2343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monster2343
steveb625 wrote:You should have received two tracking numbers. I think the boxes are shipped from different locations.

I ordered the chest and cabinet. I still have yet to receive the cabinet or a seperate tracking number for it.

swloritz

monster2343 wrote:I ordered the chest and cabinet. I still have yet to receive the cabinet or a seperate tracking number for it.

Woot is a scam. Refuses to acknowledge emails, credit card company, or BBB complaint. Only ever received one section smashed. Returned it and no refund. Wont respond period.

ROGETRAY

Staff

swloritz wrote:Woot is a scam. Refuses to acknowledge emails, credit card company, or BBB complaint. Only ever received one section smashed. Returned it and no refund. Wont respond period.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

swloritz

ROGETRAY wrote:Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

This is not true. Woot has failed to respond to repeated requests to refund the purchase that they never fulfilled. This has been too long keeping my money in escrow for a product that they were not authorized to charge for.

swloritz

Yes, I received a response after your post providing another shipping label for the half of the purchase that actually did arrive.

I do not need another shipping label for something that has been sent back already. I need my money back for the damaged product and the product that was never shipped to me.

You make it sound as though woot has been responding the whole time. It should not take lady elfing on a forum for a response. I understand that it isn't your role.

It goes to show why this company has a F BBB rating.

agingdragqueen

Staff

swloritz wrote:Yes, I received a response after your post providing another shipping label for the half of the purchase that actually did arrive.

I do not need another shipping label for something that has been sent back already. I need my money back for the damaged product and the product that was never shipped to me.

You make it sound as though woot has been responding the whole time. It should not take lady elfing on a forum for a response. I understand that it isn't your role.

It goes to show why this company has a F BBB rating.

I'm sorry this has been such a hassle for you, I'm checking with another CS member and hopefully we can get this straightened out.

Edit: we've now refunded your order in whole, you should see that in your account soon.

swloritz

agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry this has been such a hassle for you, I'm checking with another CS member and hopefully we can get this straightened out.

Edit: we've now refunded your order in whole, you should see that in your account soon.

Thank you

ladylinck

I am beyond furious. I purchased this in November and it arrived badly damaged. It was like pulling teeth to get return labels. After multiple requests I finally got one but not the other so I had to send in more requests to get the other one. Finally got the second one and of course it was for 2 different carriers. I actually had to help the mail lady carry this huge box to her vehicle. That must have been hilarious, 2 women trying to wrestle it to her vehicle. January 1st I received a partial refund and sent in multiple requests about the other part to which WOOT responded "we issued the refund". No, you issued a partial. Where is the rest? I sent in 2 more requests, no response yet and I have waited nearly a week between requests. This is unacceptable. I want the remaining refund and don't try telling me that one of them wasn't damaged. I have extensive pictures of the damage. I am shocked at the level of disservice I have received.

agingdragqueen

Staff

ladylinck wrote:I am beyond furious. I purchased this in November and it arrived badly damaged. It was like pulling teeth to get return labels. After multiple requests I finally got one but not the other so I had to send in more requests to get the other one. Finally got the second one and of course it was for 2 different carriers. I actually had to help the mail lady carry this huge box to her vehicle. That must have been hilarious, 2 women trying to wrestle it to her vehicle. January 1st I received a partial refund and sent in multiple requests about the other part to which WOOT responded "we issued the refund". No, you issued a partial. Where is the rest? I sent in 2 more requests, no response yet and I have waited nearly a week between requests. This is unacceptable. I want the remaining refund and don't try telling me that one of them wasn't damaged. I have extensive pictures of the damage. I am shocked at the level of disservice I have received.

I'm very sorry about this whole inconvenience, I will speak with CS and we'll get you fixed up ASAP.

seehues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seehues

Our Craftsman Rolling Chest came damaged as well. (we should have read the posts) Being that the combo weighs over 200lbs we left it until Christmas to unwrap. We contacted woot 12-26. It took them two weeks to acknowledge our email. Woot now says they can't help and we should got to Craftsman direct. We have noticed that their correspondence leave out any contact numbers. Craftsman says thats not right, woot should be helping with the replacement of damaged items. The verdict is still out, but I will be very hesitant to shop on woot ever again.

ladylinck

I am still waiting for the remainder of my refund...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ladylinck wrote:I am still waiting for the remainder of my refund...

I'll let CS know but the response last time was that you were given two return labels. They only received one item back. The other label shows no tracking as though you didn't use it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ladylinck

The label was used, it was USPS. I thought it odd that one would be sent FEDEX and one USPS but I didn't question it since it took forever to get the labels to begin with. I sent the link to the label to CS since when I click on it to view it I am told that it has expired and is no longer available to view. I helped the mail carrier carry it to the mail truck and she scanned it right in front of me. I also have the confirmation of the package pickup but it only has a confirmation number, not a tracking number. CS hasn't responded since I sent the link to the label. If someone would give me the tracking number from the label I would track it myself. I have now disputed the charge with my credit card company. You guys can figure it out but I AM getting my money back one way or another. Your level of customer service is pathetic. Someone needs to pick up the phone and call me since waiting a week or more between emails is not working...

agingdragqueen

Staff

ladylinck wrote:The label was used, it was USPS. I thought it odd that one would be sent FEDEX and one USPS but I didn't question it since it took forever to get the labels to begin with. I sent the link to the label to CS since when I click on it to view it I am told that it has expired and is no longer available to view. I helped the mail carrier carry it to the mail truck and she scanned it right in front of me. I also have the confirmation of the package pickup but it only has a confirmation number, not a tracking number. CS hasn't responded since I sent the link to the label. If someone would give me the tracking number from the label I would track it myself. I have now disputed the charge with my credit card company. You guys can figure it out but I AM getting my money back one way or another. Your level of customer service is pathetic. Someone needs to pick up the phone and call me since waiting a week or more between emails is not working...

I apologize, I'm checking with CS but if you have an outstanding dispute on the card, we will not be able to refund. You're welcome to either see the dispute through or let us know when it's removed.

ladylinck

I have gotten nowhere with WOOT. Just months of emails back and forth. No one will pick up the phone and call me. No one will give me the USPS tracking number so I can go to the post office and find out where it is. No one is making any effort to help me resolve it. Judging by the number of damaged items people received I'm starting to wonder if WOOT didn't buy them as scratch and dent and try to sell them as new. WOOT needs to find a way to resolve this and needs to talk to me. Sporadic emails aren't going to get this done.

agingdragqueen

Staff

ladylinck wrote:I have gotten nowhere with WOOT. Just months of emails back and forth. No one will pick up the phone and call me. No one will give me the USPS tracking number so I can go to the post office and find out where it is. No one is making any effort to help me resolve it. Judging by the number of damaged items people received I'm starting to wonder if WOOT didn't buy them as scratch and dent and try to sell them as new. WOOT needs to find a way to resolve this and needs to talk to me. Sporadic emails aren't going to get this done.

I'm sorry, I checked in with them last week and they said they would refund, I just checked again and they had not so I got them to do it right now. I'm sincerely sorry it's taken that long to get you the rest of the refund. Hopefully you should see that in your account soon.