Search Amazon Search Google

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

KEEN Men's Ontario Boots
Price: $64.99
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Amazon.com

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

BUILT IN THE USA!!!

Yahoo!!!

(Gotta ask my kid if his boots from last season still fit . . . i really hope he says "No.")

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Product Website...even made in the USA!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

packmouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages packmouse

nice shoes no width

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Check out some good reviews on Zappos

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

I suppose we should be glad they don't call that second color purple.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

packmouse wrote:nice shoes no width

Standard/Medium Width

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn all about Keen and learn more about the warranty

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

I can't speak to this model, but I have a pair of Keen boots that I bought in '08, they're still going strong, and they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1

Define "patented toe protection". Some places require steel toes. Don't know if these will cut it.

Wudooeyeno?

robio

garyoa1 wrote:Define "patented toe protection". Some places require steel toes. Don't know if these will cut it.

Seriously doubt they're steel-toed. But check the links provided upthread.

robio

BTW, if my Keens are any indication, the sizing is accurate. They don't run large or small.

ERTwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERTwoot

Woot, if I could hug you, I would. Instead I'll just give you more of my money. You finally have a shoe / boot deal in size 15, and it just so happens to be something I was in the market for anyway. I'm such a happy wooter tonight!!

uncle pennybags

quality posts: 13 Private Messages uncle pennybags
robio wrote:Seriously doubt they're steel-toed. But check the links provided upthread.

Keen makes a line of industrial boots some with & some without safety toes.

thevorlon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thevorlon
garyoa1 wrote:Define "patented toe protection". Some places require steel toes. Don't know if these will cut it.

"KEEN Patented Toe Protection where the shoe outsoles wrap up and over the toes for ultimate protection."

Not composite or steel toed. I'm sure that this will not meet I/75 or C/75 standards...

robio

Despite my good Keen experience, I'm hesitating about pulling the trigger on these since I only ever like about 1/30th of all the shoes I try on, and if I don't like Woot boots, I'm SOL. my other Keens stop just below the ankle, and I won't like these if they rub my ankle bones.

robio

thevorlon wrote:"KEEN Patented Toe Protection where the shoe outsoles wrap up and over the toes for ultimate protection."

I call mine my "smurf boots" because of the kinda goofy-looking toes. They don't look BAD, just unique.

bdobie19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdobie19

Merrel has served me well for years, but at this price I have to give Keen a try. They are highly recomended by my friend.

Zewerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zewerr

Are these oil and slip resistant? I see no indication that they are.

lauderdale45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauderdale45
newfiepage wrote:Standard/Medium Width

Fits true to size

Breathable mesh lining
Direct attach outsole for superior bonding
Full-grain leather upper
Patented toe protection
Removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed
Water resistant leather upper
Standard/Medium width
Built in the USA

j0ef0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0ef0x
robio wrote:BTW, if my Keens are any indication, the sizing is accurate. They don't run large or small.

I actually came here to post that I normally wear a 9 but recently bought size 11 Keens because I could hardly get my feet into a size 9 pair.

gryphon11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gryphon11

need a steel or composite toe

jbolts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbolts

Word on the street is keens run small.

I personally own 2 pairs, 1 shoes and one boots and although they fit they are snug with regular socks and tight with thicker socks.

I suggest (strongly) to go up half a size.

j0ef0x wrote:I actually came here to post that I normally wear a 9 but recently bought size 11 Keens because I could hardly get my feet into a size 9 pair.

mattatya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattatya
packmouse wrote:nice shoes no width

About width of Keens, I am a true 13 with very wide feet. I usually have to get 14 size to help make room for wide feel. I have been wearing size 13 in all types of Keen footwear for a few years. They have been the most comfortable show for fit. The front toes area is also very wide too. I am also very hard on the soles of my feet and I can wear Keen shoes hard for a 1 1/2 before they tear through.

The only other shoe brand that works for my width in a sportier look is Saucony (classic).

I'm picking up a pear of Ontario on Woot now

RRichmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo

I have two pairs of Keen shoes and two pairs of sandals. My first Keens were a pair of Keen Newport sandals that bought for a week-long canoe trip in 2005 and which have provided me with years of hard and use and frequent wear. I still wear them when around the wooded part of our property, but replaced them when I found a new pair at half price. Keens are hands-down the best shoes I've ever owned and my go-to brand of choice. My adult-age sons both wear Keen Newports and my wife and daughter each have numerous different types of Keen sandals.

Dougway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dougway

It's all true. Men with huge feet have large socks.

AGoldeneagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AGoldeneagle

Cabela's has these for 49.88.

[Mod note: sold out, though link history states it was only ever available in size 9.5 & with $12.95 shipping]

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

Highly recommended

theGrape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theGrape

Sold out when I tried your link

AGoldeneagle wrote:Cabela's has these for 49.88.

ekcannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekcannon

what to do if boots don't fit?

mahfrot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mahfrot

If you've never tried KEEN boots but have been wanting to, this would be a great place to start. I've worn KEENs for years with no chance of switching.

And a note on customer service: last year my in-laws' puppy decided to chew up the laces on a pair of KEENs that I'd had for probably five years. I e-mailed customer service to ask if I could buy a replacement pair somehow (they're kind of unique laces), and they sent me a new pair absolutely free. Little things like that really stick in my memory.

toadfish63

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toadfish63

Been wanting to try Keen, I'm in for one pair, size 15 gone, going for the 14 and hoping they fit. I'm usually 14/15. Thanks Woot for us big dudes.

joeind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeind

This is a pretty good price for Keens though if you aren't too picky about style you can usually find a pair of Keen boots somewhere online for a similar cost. I've been wearing Keen slip on boots for the past 10 years and they are bar none, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The lighter models are best but I tend to wear the soles out in under two years with every day use. (I usually buy two pair at a time when I find a deal).

I'm already set for the next few years so I'm passing on these but I do recommend.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

•Direct attach outsole for superior bonding

In other words, GLUED ON! I've HAD one pair of Keen shoes. There's a reason I only had one pair. Nice the upper is waterproof, how about the bottom, you know, the part that is close to what might be wet grass, mud and/or water? Just sayin..

TC1 USCG Ret

Jeep274

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeep274
j0ef0x wrote:I actually came here to post that I normally wear a 9 but recently bought size 11 Keens because I could hardly get my feet into a size 9 pair.

It's best to check the Keen website before ordering any of their shoes. They have a "Fit Tip" button for each product that gives an idea on sizing for that model. I have 3 pairs of Keens, 2 boots and 1 sandals. Each time I followed their fit tips and have been very happy with how they fit me.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

tc1uscg wrote:•Direct attach outsole for superior bonding

In other words, GLUED ON!

Actually... "using direct-attach construction, which eliminates the need for adhesives"

Umphreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Umphreak

I'd buy these right now if I had any indication that I could return them if they didn't fit. What's the deal on exchanges Woot? Any love?