Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts

Perfect timing Woot... was going shopping for these type of boots tomorrow... never heard of or had Keen before, seems to me that most if not all people have had a great experience with the company on a whole... the one question not answered so far here was what if for some reason they don't fit? Is there a return or exchange policy?

waterfall7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waterfall7

tc1uscg wrote:•Direct attach outsole for superior bonding

Actually no, that's not what it means, it is not glued.
A shoe construction having an outsole direct attached to a midsole with a mechanical interlock. The outsole includes a bottom and a wall extends upwardly therefrom, optionally around the entire periphery of the outsole. At a pre-selected distance above the bottom, a rib or a plurality of protrusions extend inwardly from the wall so that a void is defined between the protrusions and the bottom. The midsole is direct attached to the upper, the bottom, the wall and the protrusions.

I bought a pair of Keens last time Woot had them. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they feel. I wear a size 9, and ordered a 9, fits perfect.

In other words, GLUED ON! I've HAD one pair of Keen shoes. There's a reason I only had one pair. Nice the upper is waterproof, how about the bottom, you know, the part that is close to what might be wet grass, mud and/or water? Just sayin..

audibink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audibink
Ezpcconcepts wrote:Perfect timing Woot... was going shopping for these type of boots tomorrow... never heard of or had Keen before, seems to me that most if not all people have had a great experience with the company on a whole... the one question not answered so far here was what if for some reason they don't fit? Is there a return or exchange policy?

I would love to know also.

skink24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skink24

Highly recommed Keens. I've had a pair of winter boots since '09, and they are barely scratched. Phenomenal quality.

Woot - I'm toggling between the pics for 'Black' and 'Slate Black (Brown)', and I swear it is the same pic. Are there 2 colors available?

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

Wish these were the waterproofs!

newfiepage

quality posts: 42 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

skink24 wrote:Highly recommed Keens. I've had a pair of winter boots since '09, and they are barely scratched. Phenomenal quality.

Woot - I'm toggling between the pics for 'Black' and 'Slate Black (Brown)', and I swear it is the same pic. Are there 2 colors available?

Yes, the pics below the two main shots show the color differentiation better. Black and Brown (which Keen calls Black Slate... don't ask).

exlaxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exlaxer

Crap. I read the woot! write-up, had selected my preferred size & color (13 in "brown") and was about ready to purchase, then decided to read the thread's comments. Although those firmed up my decision, I returned to buy and found my size and color have been scarfed up in those few minutes. Maybe these will reappear soon...?

I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you just made me buy 3.

1ltkls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 1ltkls

[i[Cabelas are SOLD OUT.[/i]

Hi , My Name's 1ltkls, and I'm a Keenaholic. (Hi 1LTKLS!)

It all started in a little REI in College Park. They looked so quirky, so innocent. I thought I'd just try one. Now I have 5 pair (three are in my office as I write this) and my fingers are twitching to hold back from #6.

I've been an 8.5C for years and Keen's fit me GREAT, especially with the Keen insole extracted and my custom orthotic inserted.

Keens wear hard, age gracefully and are generally awesome shoes.
kls

11/17/2006 RANDOM CRSorry, we're sold out of this item or don't have enough blah blah blah.
11/17/2006 RoboRaptor Platinum Robo Dino
11/17/2006 LeakFrog (3!)
10/17/2006 jWIN AM/FM Radio Headphones: 2-fer
10/13/2006 HP Premium Plus 4×6 Photo Paper
08/18/2006 SanDisk 256MB MP3/WMA, FM, Voice Rec.

vballhjs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vballhjs

Ive worn Keen boots as my everyday work boot for going on 7 years now... Ive tried several different models and have been pretty happy with each one...

Also had a pair of keen sandals i bought in college and they are still going strong... i ripped the heel loop off one of them and keen replaced them right away...

bottom line... keen = good quality!
highly recommend them...

gflasck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gflasck
packmouse wrote:nice shoes no width

Wait, what? Only height and length?

No way I'm getting suckered into buying two dimensional footwear again.

superdatsun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superdatsun
ERTwoot wrote:Woot, if I could hug you, I would. Instead I'll just give you more of my money. You finally have a shoe / boot deal in size 15, and it just so happens to be something I was in the market for anyway. I'm such a happy wooter tonight!!

Another 15er here! It's hard enough finding shoes in our size, let alone good deals on them!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Nice, but I need EEEE wide.

jdiggidy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jdiggidy

I had a pair of Keen "dress" shoes for well over a year. Some construction issues, but unmatched comfort, right out of the box!!

I wear the Keen Targhii 2 backpacking boots now as well.

Once again, the soles have a hard time sticking to the shoe (for both pairs unfortunately delamination was a real issue), but the out of the box comfort, the water proofing, the fit... all top notch.

About fit/sizing: I wear an 8.5 EEEE running shoe. My feet are nearly square, but the "regular" 8.5 or 8's have worked for me in Keen land.

I would buy another pair of Keen shoes or boots without hesitation, even though I've had some construction issues.

Don't Panic.

stevesds

quality posts: 18 Private Messages stevesds

I want to buy a pair for an X-mas present!
I wish someone from Woot would wake up and read these comments to tell us about the return policy for these.

TGHanks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TGHanks
Jeep274 wrote:It's best to check the Keen website before ordering any of their shoes. They have a "Fit Tip" button for each product that gives an idea on sizing for that model. I have 3 pairs of Keens, 2 boots and 1 sandals. Each time I followed their fit tips and have been very happy with how they fit me.

Unfortunately, the Ontario boot is a discontinued style and you cannot find out how it's sizing runs.

That being said, after reading the + comments here, seeing the value, construction and manufacturing origin, I pulled the trigger. Timely Woot does it again!

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan
stevesds wrote:I want to buy a pair for an X-mas present!
I wish someone from Woot would wake up and read these comments to tell us about the return policy for these.

Woot's longstanding return policy is: you bought 'em, you keep 'em. If they don't fit you can always donate them or sell them or give them away to a relative or whatever. That's not exactly optimal but you give up something to get a great price.

woohoo854

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woohoo854

MEN's Boots only available in boy's sizes.

natertots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natertots

only up to size 10? Well, I don't have kids, so this is of no use.

crif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crif

Hi everybody,
As far as my point of view is concern,To by any branded shoes one should check out related website. Some shoes brand are rally believable there are exchange facility if you don't get fit.

babyblueblanket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babyblueblanket

Does anyone know if these are skid proof?

tmcdonal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmcdonal
TGHanks wrote:Unfortunately, the Ontario boot is a discontinued style and you cannot find out how it's sizing runs.

Actually....
http://www.keenfootwear.com/dk/en/product/shoes/men/casual/ontario%20boot

Fit Tip says "We find this style runs pretty true to size."

-Tom

franimal62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franimal62

Never any shoes in a size 14. FML.

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
garyoa1 wrote:Define "patented toe protection". Some places require steel toes. Don't know if these will cut it.

No. That's referring to the way the rubber soul* curves up and around the toe box. It's good for protecting the tips of the shoes from getting scuffed thru like if you're down on the ground, and in the sandals it's good for protecting against stubbed toes. On their dress shoes it's basically a fashion statement.

=====

My old Keen hikers (not a sturdy shoe for backpacking but good for day hikes) are worn out and would have snagged these but went to bed early and now my size is gone. That'll learn me.

*see what I did there?

Montero97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Montero97

Anyone know how these compare to Dr. Marten's sizing? I have a size 10 European (43) which is good but I recently bought a pair of ECCO boots that were a 43 and they were too big by a full size.

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio
natertots wrote:only up to size 10? Well, I don't have kids, so this is of no use.

You should have shopped last night.

zuiquan

quality posts: 23 Private Messages zuiquan
Montero97 wrote:Anyone know how these compare to Dr. Marten's sizing? I have a size 10 European (43) which is good but I recently bought a pair of ECCO boots that were a 43 and they were too big by a full size.

I find keens to be a little weird size-wise. I've got some 10 sandals that are perfect and maybe if they were shoes they'd be a little too small once I added in socks and I've got a pair of shoes that are size 10 and they're too loose even with socks. They're still comfortable but I'd definitely want to try a new pair on before I bought them.

Nekosdad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nekosdad
ERTwoot wrote:Woot, if I could hug you, I would. Instead I'll just give you more of my money. You finally have a shoe / boot deal in size 15, and it just so happens to be something I was in the market for anyway. I'm such a happy wooter tonight!!

WOOF, foot size 15, I bet your one popular lil pup!

Nekosdad

skonchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skonchuck

got them in the mail today, i have them on, i died and went to heaven. love them.

viation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages viation

Dear woot,

I ordered a size 14 and you sent me a box that says size 14 unfortunatley the boots inside were size 12.....how will you make this right?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

viation wrote:Dear woot,

I ordered a size 14 and you sent me a box that says size 14 unfortunatley the boots inside were size 12.....how will you make this right?

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong size.
I would email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to help resolve the issue.

jjd1989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjd1989

got mine today...they are 2 different colors. i know that the colors are close, but these are clearly 2 different colors. also, the model numbers are different.

sandiptiwari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandiptiwari

I bought these and they are terrible quality. I had heard Keen's praise (as also Woot's) but here is my experience.
a. Within 2 days of wearing, the glued seams have whitish coloring spreading outwards.
b. The shoestrings have lost their outer layer in another 5 days.
c. Woot says get money from Keen. Keen says you bought it from Woot. Woot says it is 1 year warranty from Keen. Keens says you bought it from Woot.
Woot acts like limited liability corporation that it is. And I am stuck with the bill. Of course, no more business from me. /st