Quality Posts

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

KEEN Bryce Mid Waterproof Men's Hiking Shoes
Price: $59.99
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Item: KEEN Bryce Mid Waterproof Men's Hiking Shoes
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/30/2013 - $59.99 - 15 comment(s)

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

melek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melek

I wear the low-top version of these shoes. Most comfortable hiking shoes I've ever owned, nice big toebox - this is a great price.

I wear them everywhere, really, especially when its wet out.

lordesn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordesn

My first pair of hiking boots were Keens.

I will first say that I loved the comfort and fit of the boot.

However, that style of Keen boot like this one used cloth grommets for the boot laces. For serious hikers (especially people attempting multi-week hikes) the cloth grommet design is unacceptably prone to failure. The normal process of cinching a boot _will_ cause failure over time with this design.

Again, big props to Keen for their comfort. They make other boots with proper metal grommets if you need a durable pair of hiking boots.

If you do mostly day hikes, and only a few times a year, these boots will probably serve your needs for a few years.

My background - typically I work in wilderness areas for 4-8 month periods, and range between 1,000 and 3,000 miles of hiking in a work season. (edit: I don't know if I'm also supposed to disclose that I do Q/A testing for various outdoor gear manufacturers. Keen is not one of the brands that I have been given products by. I bought my own Keens and returned them through REI.)

Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts

Woot has done the impossible - they have me wooting twice in one day, except during Woot Offs this is unheard of foe me and I have been here almost from the beginning. [wooting since Nov 2004] Thanks also for posting the size comment, I almost bought the same size as with the black ones earlier until I noted these run a 1/2 size smaller. In for 2 pairs at size 10.

Now I wonder if you guys would honor the All you can ship for $5 and combine my orders into one $5 charge...?? Maybe...? What do you say Woot Moderators?

Thanks again for another great product.

TheFlatline

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TheFlatline
Ezpcconcepts wrote:Woot has done the impossible - they have me wooting twice in one day, except during Woot Offs this is unheard of foe me and I have been here almost from the beginning. [wooting since Nov 2004] Thanks also for posting the size comment, I almost bought the same size as with the black ones earlier until I noted these run a 1/2 size smaller. In for 2 pairs at size 10.

Now I wonder if you guys would honor the All you can ship for $5 and combine my orders into one $5 charge...?? Maybe...? What do you say Woot Moderators?

Thanks again for another great product.

I'm sad/glad that size 13 is sold out. I can't afford the shoes right now and couldn't pass them up if they fit.

Keens are super-comfortable, and if you have big/long toes they're one of the brands known for having giant toe boxes. No cramping at all.

They're my go to hiking boot. Oddly enough the pair I got (I forgot the line name) felt loose even when I cinched up the top eye hooks. I was initially worried this would lead to ankle instability but that wasn't the case at all. If you need the feel of the boot hugging your leg above the ankle, caveat emptor, but it's not really a big deal I've found ultimately.

I threw the insole out on day 1 however and got some superfeet insoles however. You may want to do the same.

Dog Face

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dog Face

Sssssss. 13 is sold out.

chevy1951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chevy1951

I would love a pair, but Woot never carries my size. I haven't even worn a 13 since the 7th grade. Can you please throw in a size 15 once in a while?

crif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crif

Keens are super-comfortable,Most comfortable hiking shoes If you do mostly day hikes,these boots will probably serve your needs for a few years.For big/long toes it is one of the brands known for having giant toe boxes.

mberglo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mberglo

I was excited to see a package at my door. I was less excited when I tried them on and learned about the 1/2 size small detail. Sadly, I'll be returning my size 9, and Woot is sold out.