WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Did you know that Hanukkah happens this Wednesday? Happy Hanukkah, everybody!
  • 36.5% - I know! What's up with that? I thought it was a December holiday! 479
  • 48.4% - Wow, I had no idea it could move to November. 635
  • 15.1% - Hey, thanks for doing this in advance, since I'll be too busy Hanukkahing to be online on Wednesday! 198
1312 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rnweir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnweir

Actually Hanukkah happens at sunset on Wednesday with the first day Thursday. Jewish days start at sunset

khiraji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khiraji

Won't happen again for ~78,000 years.

rubberdukki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rubberdukki
khiraji wrote:Won't happen again for ~78,000 years.

Actually, it should be in November again in at most 19 years. But it won't fall out on Thanksgiving again for that long. (It's because the Jewish calendar is slowly moving forward due to an inexact fix for its problems. But if it ever gets to the point, in a few thousand years, that Passover falls out in summer instead of spring, the rabbis will probably fix the calendar, making it possible for Hanukkah and Thanksgiving to coincide again.)

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Chappy Chanukkah, Children!

khiraji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khiraji
rubberdukki wrote:Actually, it should be in November again in at most 19 years. But it won't fall out on Thanksgiving again for that long. (It's because the Jewish calendar is slowly moving forward due to an inexact fix for its problems. But if it ever gets to the point, in a few thousand years, that Passover falls out in summer instead of spring, the rabbis will probably fix the calendar, making it possible for Hanukkah and Thanksgiving to coincide again.)

Ah yes, you are correct - I think I was drunk when I wrote that last one, heh.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Happy Thanksganukkah?