lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Did the woot site bonk out earlier and show a preview of some future sales? The links are no longer active, but I definitely saw some stuff that hasn't been for sale yet.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:Did the woot site bonk out earlier and show a preview of some future sales? The links are no longer active, but I definitely saw some stuff that hasn't been for sale yet.

No idea. We could ticket the issue if you can give us a better description.
As of this post, I'm not seeing any future sales or offers...

*peeks around corner just in case*

lichme

I posted the info here, I hope it got passed on before it was deleted

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:I posted the info here, I hope it got passed on before it was deleted

It did, we greatly appreciate your posting it. We just didn't want tomorrow's sales broadcasting in a post (although, I guess ironically, it was anyways)

EDIT: It's my understanding that some staff members were fixing some bugs earlier this evening and that it might have caused this. Please flag this issue again if it occurs.

lichme

Will do. At least it gave me a chance to find reviews and stuff for the new sales before they got listed, giving me a chance to 1-up conanthelibrarian. In you face!

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:Will do. At least it gave me a chance to find reviews and stuff for the new sales before they got listed, giving me a chance to 1-up conanthelibrarian. In you face!

Sportsmanlike Conduct....for...Backgammon?!

lichme

ROGETRAY wrote:Sportsmanlike Conduct....for...Backgammon?!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda curious if you had to google that, or if you had it bookmarked already.

ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda curious if you had to google that, or if you had it bookmarked already.

Can't a guy just REALLY be into Backgammon?!
I mean, it's no Chinese Checkers..but come on!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
ROGETRAY wrote:Can't a guy just REALLY be into Backgammon?!
I mean, it's no Chinese Checkers..but come on!

There's nothing wrong w/backgammon. I'm old school myself. I have no clue how to play Chinese Checkers, though. You'd wipe me out in either game.

Not sure if they're still working out the bugs. Having trouble getting to some of the woot links.

I'm also glad in a way that work took over more, in that I wouldn't have been able to compete it looks like (above) with the competitive spirits of lichme and conanthelibrarian. I would have needed to retire. I'm just in deep freeze right now.

Happy wooting this weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
whatsamattaU wrote:There's nothing wrong w/backgammon. I'm old school myself. I have no clue how to play Chinese Checkers, though. You'd wipe me out in either game.

Not sure if they're still working out the bugs. Having trouble getting to some of the woot links.

I'm also glad in a way that work took over more, in that I wouldn't have been able to compete it looks like (above) with the competitive spirits of lichme and conanthelibrarian. I would have needed to retire. I'm just in deep freeze right now.

Happy wooting this weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!

It's definitely all in fun, lichme is so quick (and correct! My links aren't always) with everything I imagine he must have an insanely powerful computer and internet connection.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
lichme wrote:Will do. At least it gave me a chance to find reviews and stuff for the new sales before they got listed, giving me a chance to 1-up conanthelibrarian. In you face!

Lichme,I bow to you sir. I don't know you do it but you can get reviews and product pages together faster than I ever could. I need to take some pointers from the master.

lichme

conanthelibrarian wrote:Lichme,I bow to you sir. I don't know you do it but you can get reviews and product pages together faster than I ever could. I need to take some pointers from the master.

Fast computer, not at all. My method generally consists of having 3 tabs of woot open, 3 tabs of google open, then waiting for rollover while hitting F5 like a Big ol' Cornucopia is coming. Generally I hit up sellout first, because I know you do too and I haz to win. I click on the "I want one", because the title there normally has the model # in it, and it gets better results. I might have to refesh a few times before the discussion link is generated. I'll do a quick google search and find anything useful from there and post a few links. If I notice a -# at the end of the sale link, I'll change it to the previous number and see if there are any relevant comments to pick out from previous sales, or I'll wait for my autopost to show and grab them from the linked info. Once I have a few good links, or am satisfied that there isn't much to post, I'll move on. I generally try to update my thread if I find some stuff to add to it, unless I notice that you posted it while I was updating, then I'll remove it so you get the credit too.

Competition is fun, and conan does a great job. I think the count was a lot closer before I took vacation though

lichme

I think it's happening again

New sales added at 2:01PM, fixed at 2:03PM - Lemme know if you need examples

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:I think it's happening again

New sales added at 2:01PM, fixed at 2:03PM - Lemme know if you need examples

PM me the examples, pls.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items